What are you playing right now?

9 hours ago, The Hero of Masks said:

Okay, Okay, i get your point. but i hope you and anybody else who is reading this gets what i'm saying for the most part. I also just want you guys to know that i am not trying to bash on Breath of The Wild in any way. Like i said before, Down below,

and i LOOOVE the DLC! i wont spoil (since that is one of my petpives) but i really do like the game,:) i just wish it had more original [Zelda] aspects in it.

No, I do get that.  the set of skills you get at the beginning seem limited compared to the normal arsenal and the shrines and divine beasts, while mostly fun (give or take the major test of strength shrines, which ive seen called "major test of patience" by others) are a bit small compared to traditional dungeons, and a bit....monotone?  uniform?  basically there isnt a whole lot of dirfferences between them, as compared to the very thematically different dungeons you get in somethign like OOT.

9 hours ago, Dunkum said:

No, I do get that.  the set of skills you get at the beginning seem limited compared to the normal arsenal and the shrines and divine beasts, while mostly fun (give or take the major test of strength shrines, which ive seen called "major test of patience" by others) are a bit small compared to traditional dungeons, and a bit....monotone?  uniform?  basically there isnt a whole lot of dirfferences between them, as compared to the very thematically different dungeons you get in somethign like OOT.

Okay i get what your saying. I do. :) And i respect your opinion. But other than Breath of The Wild, what is you what is your [top 3] fave Zelda game? Number 1 being your top favorite 3 being, you know, your 3rd fave. :D

Also i forgot to mention something about Majors mask. I sea the things it has in common with BotW that you mention earlier. But I really enjoy the story line in Majoras mask. I´m not saying that BotW has a bad story, it just did not connect with me as well? I did not like it as much? I duno the right way to say it. 

and if your in the mood to talk more about zelda, go to the ¨who LOVES Zelda¨ topic i made.;)

2 hours ago, The Hero of Masks said:

Okay i get what your saying. I do. :) And i respect your opinion. But other than Breath of The Wild, what is you what is your [top 3] fave Zelda game? Number 1 being your top favorite 3 being, you know, your 3rd fave. :D

Also i forgot to mention something about Majors mask. I sea the things it has in common with BotW that you mention earlier. But I really enjoy the story line in Majoras mask. I´m not saying that BotW has a bad story, it just did not connect with me as well? I did not like it as much? I duno the right way to say it. 

and if your in the mood to talk more about zelda, go to the ¨who LOVES Zelda¨ topic i made.;)

fair enough.  I'll take my responses over that way.  but short version on BOTW: stroyline is definitely one of its weaker points, but i think the gameplay is good enough to overcome that.

On 2/17/2020 at 0:18 PM, Eluvianii said:

Weird, something must have changed in the 3ds version since I don't remember ever getting so little experience. And in the first three bosses I've barely grinded. Quality of Life improvements I guess.

Maybe. I just remember with the first boss I had to grind a bit since the natural level up I was at for it I kept dying since the attacks of Hero and Yangus were practically chip damage and the boss was killing them in two hits even when I used potions. The furthest I think I got was after the villain is actually released after the 7 Heirs were disposed of. Didn’t even get to the endgame itself though part of that was because I was lost trying to figure out where to go for the next story point even with a strategy guide to help since this one was on the spoiler free side.

23 hours ago, The Hero of Masks said:

Are there any Terrarians out there!:D

A part-time one! Though it’s been a while since I actually played it... I technically beat the game when I defeated the Moon Lord on my cousin’s account (we may or may not have duplicated stuff) but the farthest I ever got (just on mobile) was Plantera.

19 hours ago, Jaywalk said:

In my current playthrough, I’m barely into Hardmode. I have beaten the game before though, and across all the platforms I’ve played at least 800 hours.

3 hours ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

A part-time one! Though it’s been a while since I actually played it... I technically beat the game when I defeated the Moon Lord on my cousin’s account (we may or may not have duplicated stuff) but the farthest I ever got (just on mobile) was Plantera.

I actually am playing through it for the first time. I am stuggleing to defeat one of the mechanical bosses. You are probably thinking that i am a newbie as you are reading this. And i am. i was stuck in normal mode for a LONG time, i had to get help from a friend at school to get the materials i needed to defeat the Wall of Flesh. But here i am and i am in love wit the game. So if any of you guys (or girls) have any advice, tips or pointers, that will be greatly appreciated.  :)

"Live Long and Prosper!"    Tell me somebody gets that reference.

58 minutes ago, The Hero of Masks said:

I actually am playing through it for the first time. I am stuggleing to defeat one of the mechanical bosses. You are probably thinking that i am a newbie as you are reading this. And i am. i was stuck in normal mode for a LONG time, i had to get help from a friend at school to get the materials i needed to defeat the Wall of Flesh. But here i am and i am in love wit the game. So if any of you guys (or girls) have any advice, tips or pointers, that will be greatly appreciated.  :)

Which mechanical boss?

And Star Trek of course!

1 hour ago, The Hero of Masks said:

I am stuggleing to defeat one of the mechanical bosses

Probably the best advice I can give you on that is to build an arena. Having extra maneuverability to dodge attacks and move around does simplify the fights a bit—for any boss, really. And as always, make sure you have good armor and weapons, with some decent buffs to help you during the fight.

1 hour ago, The Hero of Masks said:

7 minutes ago, Jaywalk said:

Probably the best advice I can give you on that is to build an arena. Having extra maneuverability to dodge attacks and move around does simplify the fights a bit—for any boss, really. And as always, make sure you have good armor and weapons, with some decent buffs to help you during the fight.

I second this. My first playthrough I avoided potions and seriously it took forever. Don't just use health potions, get buffs and it will pay for itself many times over. Making a herb farm helps very much with this. Finding fish is kind of annoying though...

21 hours ago, Jaywalk said:

In my current playthrough, I’m barely into Hardmode. I have beaten the game before though, and across all the platforms I’ve played at least 800 hours.

Me and my brothers have a combined 1000 (Not necessarily spread equal), and we have just discovered the glory of modded terraria- it adds lots of content.

Edited by Mushroom Catalog

4 minutes ago, The Hero of Masks said:

I will work on the arena. Thanks. My best armors right now is the Chloryphyte armor and Turtle armor. I have the Nights Edge and the Chloryphyte Claymore. Dont you have to defeat one of the mechanical bosses in order to get broken Heroes swords. Dont you use those to make a number of diferint swords like a True Nights Edge?

You actually get Broken Hero’s Swords from Solar Eclipses, which occur randomly after either only one or all mechanical bosses have been defeated(can’t remember which). You can use them to craft the True Night’s Edge and True Excalibur, which in turn combine to make the Terra Blade.

5 minutes ago, The Hero of Masks said:

Well i tried the Destroyer a few times and Skeletron Prime once. I havent tried the Twins yet. You are a Treky?! (i dont know wich way to spell it: treky or trekie) YES!

The twins... *shudders* Those guys took me so long to beat. One tip I remember for the destroyer is if you take like ten of the rain staffs (I forget the actual name) and put the rain clouds above wherever the destroyer is moving, it will help whittle down its health a lot quicker.

Not neccessarily, but i have seen a season or two of the Next Generation.

Also, you can change your signature in your profile settings. And, since you’re new to the Shard, you probably don’t know this, but generally try to avoid posting twice in a row, or “double posting”, mods frown upon it, and there’s always an edit button for your last post!

3 minutes ago, Truthless of Shinovar said:

The twins... *shudders* Those guys took me so long to beat. One tip I remember for the destroyer is if you take like ten of the rain staffs (I forget the actual name) and put the rain clouds above wherever the destroyer is moving, it will help whittle down its health a lot quicker.

Not neccessarily, but i have seen a season or two of the Next Generation.

Also, you can change your signature in your profile settings. And, since you’re new to the Shard, you probably don’t know this, but generally try to avoid posting twice in a row, or “double posting”, mods frown upon it, and there’s always an edit button for your last post!

Nice! Next Gen is the best. (well i like all of them really, it just depends on my mood).

Ya, sorry about that, posting that message twice was an accedint. I tried to hide one of them but then both of them disapeard so i was worried you guys wouldent see it, because i still cant see it. I dont even know if you guys saw that any of that happend but im glad you guys could still see my message. then after that i posted the message about the sygnature. from now on i will not post two messages at once. Thanks for the tip.:) 

3 hours ago, Jaywalk said:

You actually get Broken Hero’s Swords from Solar Eclipses, which occur randomly after either only one or all mechanical bosses have been defeated(can’t remember which). You can use them to craft the True Night’s Edge and True Excalibur, which in turn combine to make the Terra Blade.

Thanks, also how do you get Excalibur?

Currently playing Lego DC Super Villains. It’s neat playing a game where the villains have to save the day because the heroes have been indisposed by another villain group pretending to be heroes. You also create your own character but I’m surprised how often they’re sidelined for the DC villains in the levels.

The other day I decided that I missed playing Xenoblade Chronicles, so I decided to load up the game and watch/listen to (mostly listen to) the title screen for a bit of nostalgia. That was fun, except then I unintentionally spent the next 30 minutes just wandering around areas in the game and reliving old memories (except I couldn't go to Mechonis, because spoilers). I miss that game, but I want to wait a bit longer before I commit to another replay. (I also have way too many games that I still need to get around to playing)

Edited by The Awakened Salad