What are you playing right now?

6 hours ago, Orlion Blight said:

Ah, I see! I was thinking Monster Hunter Rise! 

If they ported Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, I would get a Switch! Generations was fun as well. 

It would be amazing. Haven't really played 4 much but I want to see Dalamadur on a big screen. Probably not happening now that Rise is out but I guess nothing's impossible while the console is alive. 

Finished Mass Effect 3 earlier today. I chose the Synthesis Ending, as I always do, and I don't regret it at all. (Although the credits now cross into the Uncanny Valley.) Phenomenal trilogy, even if the ending doesn't quite stick it's landing (to me; many others would say it fell off the beam and broke every bone in its body). But ME 3 was a blast to behold, cinematic in nature, epic in scope, and raw in its emotions. There is true greatness and true evil in this game, and you as Shepard have to face it all. I'm looking forward to playing through this ME 2 & 3 as my Colonist-Ruthless Paragade Fem!Shep, but first I have to get through ME 1...sigh...if it wasn't for the side quests, I'd skip this game 100% of the time. Heck, I probably will do that for my fourth playthrough. (My third one I have to play through ME 1 for role-play reasons.) 

Some time later I'll give my full analysis on the trilogy and whatnot. But not today. 

Other notes:

The above playthrough accomplished about 90% of what I set out to do. The main things I missed were Conrad Verner's randomly connected quests in ME 3, Gabbie and Ken hooking up, and saving Cortez (RIP buddy - I didn't talk to him enough and convince him to move on). Next time, I'm getting ALL of these things. 

I didn't play Citadel. I LOVE Citadel, but I'm saving it for a rainy day when I want to just revisit that save file and all my old friends. Not playing it now will help curb my desire to play through the entire game again after romancing Tali just to play through it then. 

Edited by Use the Falchion

Trying to find my groove in another game, since I finished the Kiseki (so far) series. I think I might go back and replay The Last of Us 2, the 60FPS free update sounds pretty nice. I also haven’t played FF7 remake new chapter (inter grade), so may go in that direction. 

Just finished Sack Boy - A Big Adventure

Pretty decent. It started out as a family project but it became too difficult after world 3 for my 7 year old. And due to camera issues when playing co op, it became too difficult for my husband and me together at some time in world 5. Other than that it was a fun game. Lots of levels and challenges, fun costumes and nice ideas. The controls were a bit floaty, but that is true for any game of the Little Big Planet franchise. And the automatic interactions between the players (bouncing on each other, grabbing, rolling, etc.) could really get on my nerves, especially in the few self-scrolling levels. 

Still, all in all it was quite enjoyable. 8/10

If you're looking for something better in platforming couch co op, you need a Switch and any Mario platformer. 

• 2 weeks later...

I want to get it but I need to finish Cold Steel games 1st and that is taking wayyyy longer then I thought it would. 

What console are you doing it on @NattyBo?

Im trying to find out without looking things up to avoid accidental spoilers if the PS5 version has any of the haptic feedback functions for the game or not. If not I think I ll grab the XSX version so I can give that console some luv.

Ok I read it does do stuff with the haptic feedback so Arise will be a PS5 buy when I’m ready for it.

Edited by Briar King

On 9/15/2021 at 1:41 PM, Briar King said:

I want to get it but I need to finish Cold Steel games 1st and that is taking wayyyy longer then I thought it would. 

What console are you doing it on @NattyBo?

Im trying to find out without looking things up to avoid accidental spoilers if the PS5 version has any of the haptic feedback functions for the game or not. If not I think I ll grab the XSX version so I can give that console some luv.

Ok I read it does do stuff with the haptic feedback so Arise will be a PS5 buy when I’m ready for it.

Yeah, I’m playing on PC, so not sure. I like the game overall so far!

Trying out the first Fatal Frame. This game is hard when compared to the ones on wii. Ghosts do a lot of damage, they're a whole lot harder to dodge, and you don't have the fallback of having a weak but infinite source of film if things get ugly. 

The newer ones are still scary but they're designed from the start to turn you into an unstoppable ghost killing machine. This one makes you afraid of even getting into fights because you never know when you'll mess up and use one to many pictures or healing items.

About to finish Metroid: Zero Mission (try and guess what prompted my sudden urge to play it). It's a lot of fun, and also the first 2d Metroidvania I'm going to finish.

I've been trying to fully get into the genre for a while and I think this is my ticket. Gonna check out the rest of the series after this, Castlevania looks pretty good too, and I already bought Ender Lilies and Hollow Knight. I might get busy. 

11 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

About to finish Metroid: Zero Mission (try and guess what prompted my sudden urge to play it). It's a lot of fun, and also the first 2d Metroidvania I'm going to finish.

I've been trying to fully get into the genre for a while and I think this is my ticket. Gonna check out the rest of the series after this, Castlevania looks pretty good too, and I already bought Ender Lilies and Hollow Knight. I might get busy. 

I can vouch for Metroid Fusion and Super Metroid, both are fantastic. Metroid 2 is good too, but i often find it harder to go backwards after playing a newer game in a series - you miss a lot of little things, like color, or controls that let you fire diagonally.

23 hours ago, Dunkum said:

I can vouch for Metroid Fusion and Super Metroid, both are fantastic. Metroid 2 is good too, but i often find it harder to go backwards after playing a newer game in a series - you miss a lot of little things, like color, or controls that let you fire diagonally.

Well, I was actually planning to go for the fan remake, and eventually Samus Returns. The GB version is one I hesitate to play at the moment for the same reasons I chose Zero Mission over the NES one. Maybe in the future when I'm done with the newer ones but right now I suck enough as it is to get stuck indefinitely there. 

32 minutes ago, Eluvianii said:

Well, I was actually planning to go for the fan remake, and eventually Samus Returns. The GB version is one I hesitate to play at the moment for the same reasons I chose Zero Mission over the NES one. Maybe in the future when I'm done with the newer ones but right now I suck enough as it is to get stuck indefinitely there. 

i've tried the original NES Metroid and I can't handle it. Metroid 2 is better but yea, its still tough to get into when there are remakes available

busy packing stuff up since im planning on trying to move to an apartment. I realize that i have too many books and movies to cram into storage tubs lol.  2 tubs full of movies and 2 medium sized tubs full of books along with another third smaller tub thats full of books along with bookmarks and one tub full of console games and Nintendo Switch games.

Besides that, when I do have the time to play videogames, im pretty much playing Tales of Vesperia for my Nintendo Switch Lite along with Bravely Defaut II along with one of the Resident Evil games

In the middle, maybe latter half, of Super Metroid. Zero Mission and AM2R were amazing. I really liked the latter's atmosphere but what Super is doing well is making me get lost. 

The first two had a lot of really long horizontal corridors and really long vertical shafts. In Super on the other hand everything goes in turns and twists and the map doesn't mark the doors. It's also a lot more cryptic with secrets. This game is pure exploration. 

The controls are a thing I still struggle a lot with but it's not a dealbreaker.

As a side note, since I started playing these games, my thumbs hurt.

Edit: Finished Super Metroid. That was... holy crap, this story is turning out to be one storming interesting dilemma about "If it's dangerous can we justify killing it?". One hell of a topic to tackle without any dialogue and with now decades between games. And it's really good at it. Extremely excited for Fusion now. 

Edited by Eluvianii

• 2 weeks later...

Finished Metroid Fusion. It was so different from Super, and yet it's a great sequel. Almost a horror game too. Well, I already would argue that the series as a whole has a lot of horror elements but this one took them further (and by the looks of it, Dread follows the trend).

It was an amazing game save from the fact that it locks you out of everything at the end. Considering this game is more linear than the rest I should have expected it, but I didn't and therefore couldn't go item hunting before the final boss. I really missed those energy tanks.

Since I'm too broke to buy Dread at the moment, I guess it's time to finish the Prime series. I was going to start Prime 2 next, but I think I'll replay the first one instead. The first time I knew nothing about the series and all the lore bits about the Chozo, and the space pirates, and the metroids, and all the returning alien species flew right over my head. Now I think I'll be able to appreciate them properly. 

Besides, they say Prime is a perfect translation of the Metroid formula. I want to see if the things I learned from the main series apply here. 

53 minutes ago, Eluvianii said:

Finished Metroid Fusion. It was so different from Super, and yet it's a great sequel. Almost a horror game too. Well, I already would argue that the series as a whole has a lot of horror elements but this one took them further (and by the looks of it, Dread follows the trend).

there are definitely some parts of Fusion that gt the heart racing, fleeing from the SA-X was always terrifying.

Alan Wake Remastered 

Hands down my absolut favorite game of the PS360 era. Now remastered for PS4, 5 and XBox One/Series. So, at first the complete set on PS5, then a break with another game, probably Spider-Man Miles Morales,  then the complete run on PS4, then another break and afterwards I will take a look at the XBox Version. I might be just a little crazy about this game... :lol:

And it's absolutely perfect. No technical problems whatsoever! What? Stuttering cinematics you say? LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALA...

On 18/10/2021 at 2:02 PM, Dunkum said:

there are definitely some parts of Fusion that gt the heart racing, fleeing from the SA-X was always terrifying.

I found it scarier when it doesn't see you. You're just there, not moving, half expecting it to see through the wall and find you.