Random Stuff II

Oh, definitely. The soft magic system and underdeveloped politics work for that series, and I daresay the potholes and worldbuilding gaffes add to the charm. It's not a perfect series by any stretch, but that doesn't make it any less awesome. 

I just like pointing out Gryffindor hypocrisy. Ravenclaws unite! :ph34r:

Slytherclaws unite! We see the truth that Gryffindors miss, and act on it. We might also be a tiny bit manipulative...

Sleep-deprivation, a distinct lack of non-leftover food, and no beds left in the house. My life is getting a lot more... Uh... Well, sleepless, I s'pose.

We move out tonight.

If you want a fun "yeah!" moving song, look up "Movin' Out" by Billy Joel. For a what-am-I-doing-with-my-life song, look up something like "You Don't Need Us" by Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young. For a song that describes what people will be acting like after we're gone, look up "No One Mourns the Wicked" from the musical Wicked.

And that, laydeees and gentlemen, is a certified and approved Moving Playlist.

I'm very tired. Give me a pillow and a carpeted floor and I'll be out. But there's still so much stuff to do...

I was going through a job board that's organized by state, wondering which one I should check out first. 

"I know!" I thought. "I'll look at the states that sound the most like locations in the Cosmere!" 

It was a good idea….it just fell apart when I realized there's nothing that sounds like Roshar, Scadrial, or Nalthis, and the only planet that somewhat rhymes with a state name is Braize. Which kind of sounds like Maine. Still. Not a ringing endorsement. 

My family is painting downstairs. I do not like change. At the moment the stairs are in a mismatched transitional phase that annoys me to the degree that I can't go read on them. I love reading on the stairs, because no one can stay in the middle of the stairs and bother me while I try to read. This wasn't anywhere near serious enough for the bad day thread, and to be honest I'm laughing at myself for this because I have a nice comfortable bed, but there is a little voice in the back of my head that says the stairs are better. So... it goes on random stuff.

Mom: "You need to call your grandma tomorrow. I'M the one who looks bad when you don't call. *chuckle* You like he way I made that about me?"

Dad: "More things should be about you."

Well, seeing as how you're perfectly fine with talking over people if you don't feel they're paying attention to you, only praising me when I make you look good, and getting upset when we make you looks bad, I think plenty of things are already about you, Mom.

I cant think of an intelligent and witty response so I'll just say "damnation your parents are annoying I hope you'll find a way to get away from them as soon as possible."

Thanks. It's just like...I'm more aware of it than I used to be, and the more aware I become, the more annoying it is. I used to repeat myself when she and my dad talked over me, but now I just stop talking. They don't notice the difference. At any rate , they never ask "What were you saying?" <_<

Thanks. It's just like...I'm more aware of it than I used to be, and the more aware I become, the more annoying it is. I used to repeat myself when she and my dad talked over me, but now I just stop talking. They don't notice the difference. At any rate , they never ask "What were you saying?" <_<

Incredibly self-centered, both of them, then.

I think it is better not to bother if they dont even want to listen. I really dont know how to handle people like that, well, usually I throw a flurry of insults or ignore them, but you cant do that to your parents. Well, ignoring could work, I guess...

Incredibly self-centered, both of them, then.

I think it is better not to bother if they dont even want to listen. I really dont know how to handle people like that, well, usually I throw a flurry of insults or ignore them, but you cant do that to your parents. Well, ignoring could work, I guess...

I've just been going along with whatever she wants, and not applying to anywhere near where she's going to live. If she feels like she's important, she's just annoying--not awful. My goal is to keep Awful Mom at bay until I'm living at least one state away. :ph34r:

I've just been going along with whatever she wants, and not applying to anywhere near where she's going to live. If she feels like she's important, she's just annoying--not awful. My goal is to keep Awful Mom at bay until I'm living at least one state away. :ph34r:

Then maybe she will be tolerable once you dont have to see her every day XD Good plan.

Oh, definitely. The soft magic system and underdeveloped politics work for that series, and I daresay the potholes and worldbuilding gaffes add to the charm. It's not a perfect series by any stretch, but that doesn't make it any less awesome.

I just like pointing out Gryffindor hypocrisy. Ravenclaws unite! :ph34r:

I always wanted to be a Ravenclaw, but I took an online test that told me I was Gryffindor. :(

Trying to find some furniture for when I move out. Long story short, two years ago my parents got new Ikea furniture for everyone…except me. I still have the stuff from when I was 14 and most of it is broken. :/ I don't get all of these people who find used dressers and coffee tables. I mean, like, where are they getting them? I've gone through Craigslist and I haven't found squat. 

Ponies are snakes? I imagine them more as lions.

I, too, am a Slytherclaw.  This is part of what led to Twi and I deciding that we were personality-sisters. :D

Trying to find some furniture for when I move out. Long story short, two years ago my parents got new Ikea furniture for everyone…except me. I still have the stuff from when I was 14 and most of it is broken. :/ I don't get all of these people who find used dressers and coffee tables. I mean, like, where are they getting them? I've gone through Craigslist and I haven't found squat. 

Garage sales.  But you've got to get to them early, because the good furniture pieces always go quickly.