What Are You Listening To Now?

Chaos

I’ve been listening to…. 
Olivia Rodrigo?????

I’ve had a recent catastrophe with a boy, and her music helped me get over it. It might sound really childish though :P

I really like her music, she has break-up songs, jealousy songs, forgiving songs. 

It’s all pretttyyyy great..

• 2 weeks later...

The prettiest song ever made, if you disagree post a riposte, the proof's in the pudding as they say (at least those people who fancy pudding are always saying it, myself included).

Here it is, The Origin of Love, from Hedwig and the Angry Inch.

@Spren of Kindness that Jova Musique Waiting For Love was great!

Edited by Hoiditthroughthegrapevine

Nald'thal's theme 'In the Balance' from Final Fantasy XIV. Masayoshi Soken is a musical genius. I especially love the clinking coins in the song. Nald'thal are the Twin Gods of Commerce and the Underworld in XIV lore so the coins are a really neat touch. 

@Eluvianii I love Welcome to Valhalla, I really like how she draws out each syllable "Welcome to vall-e-hall-a". Good stuff!

@Orlion Blight I was listening to Fresh Air on NPR, and Teri Gross was interviewing the musician Richard Thompson who was in the seminal British Folk band Fairport Convention (and coincidentally whose bassist went on to form Steeleye Span). And they played an excerpt of the song Crazy Man Michael from their most acclaimed album Liege and Lief, and it is phenomenal, and I thought of you and your recommendation of Long Lankin, so here is another one, back at ya, enjoy:

And in the interest of full disclosure, the SD card on my phone that had all my mp3s gave up the ghost, it went kaput. So the only albums I put on my phone after this tragic event were the complete discography of Okkervil River. And I have been listening to their concept album Black Sheep Boy pretty much non stop for a week and a half.

I tell you all this because you should really listen to this album. It's quite possibly the best album of all times, I kid you not. Check out this track, So Come Back, I'm Waiting, which has my favorite line in any song:

He lifts his head handsome, horned, magisterial.

He's the smell of the moonlight wisteria.

These lines are about the eponymous black sheep boy, the whole album is also about the black sheep boy, and is so very good.

The rhyme scheme carried throughout the song is subtle but brilliant, give it a listen, it might just change your life.

Edited by Hoiditthroughthegrapevine

Lots and lots of Red Hot- all the time!

though these past two days I listened to In The End by Led Zeppelin in loops (such a great song!!), tucking also Numb here and there.

Recently I wanted to interduce myself to more songs by artists I like (is it the right expression?:huh:), but I just don't know ho,. I mean.. I have those mixs on Spotify but most of the times I don't have patience to listen to songs I don't know :mellow: (so my source as for now is what my brothers hear that I like:P)

• 2 weeks later...

Starting the day with this 

My excitement is going through the roof. The fact that we know it's a rearrengment album and they release one song a week until launch keeps the excitement fresh and I'm always wondering what will be next.

Then there's also the fact that they released the song list but we can only see the number of letters in each name, so we can try to guess which songs will be in it. It's like a game between them and the fans. 

Kinda reminds me of Stormlight releases to be honest. 

Absolute Radio. The sheer inanity of the DJ's patter is comforting. I'd listen to the BBC, but it's blocked. Small things like this really piss me off irritate me. I hope I can get a VPN soon.

Edited by Robin Sedai
tsk tsk, profanity. Also, I have a VPN now and I'm listening to BBC Radio 2!