Thanks. :) My brother showed up while I was waiting for AAA, and discovered that it was running fine. I drove it home without incident, but not before standing outside in the Arizona heat and having to reschedule my tire appointment. Oh well. I got it in for tomorrow morning, but now I'm going to worry that every little bump and stutter is a major engine problem. :unsure:

I'm glad you got it (somewhat) taken care of. Car problems suck. :(

On the bright side, having to stand outside in the Arizona heat is an excellent excuse for ice cream. :ph34r:

I'm glad you got it (somewhat) taken care of. Car problems suck. :(

On the bright side, having to stand outside in the Arizona heat is an excellent excuse for ice cream. :ph34r:

Especially here, where not having AC for a few minutes is hellish. 

True. Actually, you know what else would help? Information about a certain slontzey Epic's hypothetical 180….:ph34r: 

(Kidding. Goodness knows I've kept details about my plans for Funtimes under wraps. :P

I tend to skim through these posts, just checking for keywords like Joe or Portland. Today, This is what I saw:

. . . kissing any average Joe. . .

I was very confused for a minute.

Anyway, Winter cloud, what ever happened to your sniper? And Twi, is remington still in Attica?

I'm bad at making not strong Epics.

I have the opposite problem. Every Epic I think up, I obsessively try and make sure that they're not boring or unoriginal. This tends to mean that I stay away from extremely effective powers like, say, elemental control, because they are just so common. And of course there are only a few ways to have Prime Invincibility, so I tend to not use those either.

Especially here, where not having AC for a few minutes is hellish. 

True. Actually, you know what else would help? Information about a certain slontzey Epic's hypothetical 180…. :ph34r:

(Kidding. Goodness knows I've kept details about my plans for Funtimes under wraps. :P

Okay, fine, you can have it...

....when everyone else gets it too.  :P

What if Funtimes is actually a secret genius with Mad technological skills, as well as extensive compound and substance knowledge that helps her create the things she creates ?

What if her weakness is NightHound's death?

What if she is actually working for the avengers?

What is she is secretly dating Lightwards?

What does RAFO Even mean?

What if she aknowledges Twi as her superior god and understands she controls her?

What if in an alternate Universe epics are writing an RPG that is named "What happened in the 17th shard?"

What if Remington Springfield is actually, get this, David Charleston's SISTER???

Was i too random? :ph34r:

What if Funtimes is actually a secret genius with Mad technological skills, as well as extensive compound and substance knowledge that helps her create the things she creates ?

What if her weakness is NightHound's death?

What if she is actually working for the avengers?

What is she is secretly dating Lightwards?

What does RAFO Even mean?

What if she aknowledges Twi as her superior god and understands she controls her?

What if in an alternate Universe epics are writing an RPG that is named "What happened in the 17th shard?"

What if Remington Springfield is actually, get this, David Charleston's SISTER???

Was i too random? :ph34r:

The first one actually isn't too far off the mark: she's an engineering prodigy.

RAFO means "read and find out."

As for the other questions, RAFO. :P

I have the opposite problem. Every Epic I think up, I obsessively try and make sure that they're not boring or unoriginal. This tends to mean that I stay away from extremely effective powers like, say, elemental control, because they are just so common. And of course there are only a few ways to have Prime Invincibility, so I tend to not use those either.

You'd be surprised, think creatively enough about any powerset and you realize that without a bunch of restrictions pretty much any super power can be overpowered.

Fellow RPers! I have taken a map of the United States and placed on it how many Epics and High Epics on average would have manifested powers in each state (assuming the Brandon-supplied ratio of 1:10'000 for Epics and my assumed ratio of 1:100 High Epics/Epics). 

Map%20of%20FSA%20Epics_zpszh8mypyd.gif?t

Its spoilered because it is a bit big

Some interesting results, now that one can see the map and the numbers laid out like this.

In regards to Newcago (with 1000 Epics and 10-15 High Epics) it seems like it simply has all the Epics in Illinois, minus a few that were killed in turf wars and the Collapse before Steelheart solidified his control over Newcago.

Alaska seems to have statistically between 1 and no High Epics at all, so Khione must be the only one :P

And Oregon amusingly has around 3-4 High Epics full stop :P

Compared to the at least 20 High Epics we have in this RP hahaha XD

California is swimming in Epics though! 3880! and 38 Highs! 

Fellow RPers! I have taken a map of the United States and placed on it how many Epics and High Epics on average would have manifested powers in each state (assuming the Brandon-supplied ratio of 1:10'000 for Epics and my assumed ratio of 1:100 High Epics/Epics). 

Some interesting results, now that one can see the map and the numbers laid out like this.

In regards to Newcago (with 1000 Epics and 10-15 High Epics) it seems like it simply has all the Epics in Illinois, minus a few that were killed in turf wars and the Collapse before Steelheart solidified his control over Newcago.

Alaska seems to have statistically between 1 and no High Epics at all, so Khione must be the only one :P

Yeah we were originally extrapolating solely from Newcago's population as described in Steelheart so that skewed the results quite a bit, I think after we got the updated information on Epic rarity we just decided to accept that we were out of canon but it's for story purposes so what the hey, might as well keep going.

I nearly downvoted that. <_<:P

* laughs maniacally at possessing information kept secret from the GM *

* feels guilty *

* withers under accusing glares *

* tries to blend in with the floor *

Awesome work. Take this upvote--you deserve it. :D

Though it's a good thing we decided to completely disregard the Epic ratio WoB. :ph34r::P

*mentally kicks himself* Of course Voidus had thought of a cheese epic already....

:P

Well I do have many months head start on creating Epics so I suppose it's natural that I got there first, the trick is to decline senseless things like 'friends', having a 'life' and 'eating' and instead focus on Epicifying everything you see and experience.

(Side note: Chancellor Cheddar is the ruler of Tillamook not Wisconsin so you're still free to give him some cheese related competition)

Primary:Chemo-Electrical conversion - Has electric bolt capabilities however the strength of his blasts is in proportion to how much he's eaten.

Swiss cheese- Can also use his internal chemical energy to fire a spray of electrical bullets, peppering his target with holes.

Secondary: 

Passive: Enhanced senses- Cheddar Chancellors senses, specifically his sense of taste and smell are far above that of Vanillas, allowing him to track both person and cheese alike.

Passive: Coating- Can turn his skin into a waxy coating and pull it off, resulting in complete healing of his wounds.

Edited by Voidus

That's actually pretty close to what I had for Alaska: Khione is the only true High Epic there, and there aren't that many period, with many being transplants from elsewhere. I mean, with all those Epics in California, you'd think a few would seek less crowded pastures. :P

see, I don't really think we need to discount the ratio and completely give up on being canon. What if the reason Oregon seems to have been hit harder is because by pure chance, it got more Epics? Say 10 High Epics from across the FSA, Canada and Mexico, or heck the whole world, that statistically should have manifested elsewhere manifested in Oregon instead? Same with other Epics. Oregon just got very, very unlucky.

Or, like you said, some Epics from California went north? Heck, I would. High Epics want to rule, not be subordinate, so I imagine many High Epics (and Epics in general) from more populous states left so they could have their own towns and cities.

and also, several Epics and High Epics in this RP have gained their powers recently, not in the first year. I think the 1:10'000 ratio mainly applies to that first year. Realistically, there should be at least another few hundred Epics and at least a few High Epics manifested across the FSA in the years since then. 

I worry about making this RP canon far too much to be healthy :P

This relative Epics rarity also makes sense given that it was stated early in Steelheart that the government was still in relative control in some areas. Less populous areas like Wyoming only have a few dozen Epics, and maybe no more than a single High Epic. Local human government could exist in some towns/areas far away from wherever the one High Epic decided to claim, at least for a time. And normal Epics of course are theoretically killable by humans, so if they were properly armed they could certainly have the numbers to fend off non-High Epics as long as they did not attack in numbers or have abilities that are too OP.