Thanks voidus, also, how can you make a full sized image instead of just posting the Link?

Are you using the mobile version of the site? I don't know hot to do it on the mobile one, on the normal website there's a little image button in the toolbar just above the box you type in.

Collaborate would probably be better. Alan me a doc. 

Alan away.

I wasn't allowed to play Pokemon, so sadly, I wouldn't know how to configure my own stats any more than people who write for CSI know how to Instagram @ somebody's hashtags. :(

I just made this in a random pokemon Card creator online. :P

And so the battle for control over the forums between ponies and pokemon began. :ph34r:

Also, finished my Salem post. hopefully i didn't break any rules anymore :P

*the lack of response creeps me out :ph34r:

Edited by Random_illuminati

I just made this in a random pokemon Card creator online. :P

And so the battle for control over the forums between ponies and pokemon began. :ph34r:

Hardly a battle--

A4t8ci8BA0ZL.jpg

--when we can assimilate your weapon of choice to our cause before the war's even began. Now we can live in sweet ponified harmony. :P

Hardly a battle--

A4t8ci8BA0ZL.jpg

--when we can assimilate your weapon of choice to our cause before the war's even began. Now we can live in sweet ponified harmony. :P
War cannot end like this! Not after all the pokemon have given up to equal the playing field!! I, Random_illuminati, slayer of doritos, shall do the unthinkable, i shall do what my ancestors swore to never do more than 5 Millenium ago....i shall...

Ponify a pokemon.

Wait a minute, our ancestors had a secret weapon in case a quarrel like this were ever to unfold! They created long ago the pony pokemon! A mediator between the two parties that is the living proof that peace can exist between us.

http://www.google.com.mx/imgres?imgurl=http://guidesmedia.ign.com/guides/059687/images/blackwhite/pokemans_078.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.ign.com/wikis/pokemon-red-blue-yellow-version/Rapidash&h=600&w=600&tbnid=gq21zvDNk51VMM:&zoom=1&docid=KFiVLyKDiy4V2M&hl=es&ei=uy6GVZfOFcyVyASG8K7IAQ&tbm=isch&client=safari&ved=0CDEQMygOMA4

Also, to keep the balance i shall now post pokemon memes whenever pony memes are posted. :ph34r:

So, Voidus, quick question. I was watching the X-Files, and got the inspiration for an interestingly limited mentalist/reality warper Epic. I call him Nighterror. My question: How would Soulcaster react to an Epic who's powers allowed him to kill from within the Dreamstate/make Dreamstate fights deadly? :ph34r: Especially if they signed up as a spectator (perhaps even pretending to be a vanilla) in order to start sabotaging fights?

So, Voidus, quick question. I was watching the X-Files, and got the inspiration for an interestingly limited mentalist/reality warper Epic. I call him Nighterror. My question: How would Soulcaster react to an Epic who's powers allowed him to kill from within the Dreamstate/make Dreamstate fights deadly? :ph34r: Especially if they signed up as a spectator (perhaps even pretending to be a vanilla) in order to start sabotaging fights?

Not very well, he's used to being the only one with any real power in the Dreamstate so a reality warper would certainly prompt some rivalry.

Oh voidus, also, do epics feel pain in a battle?

As for the rest of you...why not make characters and place them in the Fights?

What would It be like battling profesor Funtimes, or Lightwards, or god forbid It Nighthound???

What would It be like battling profesor Funtimes, or Lightwards, or god forbid It Nighthound???

We don't do it 'cause Nighthound fighting in an arena would give us all nightmares.

Yes they do, although if he wanted to Soulcaster could change it so that they don't but he's not likely to do that.

We don't do it 'cause Nighthound fighting in an arena would give us all nightmares.

Oddly enough Nighthounds not all that terrifying in a fight. It's what happens after the fight when he's captured a helpless opponent that's creepy and horrible.

Not very well, he's used to being the only one with any real power in the Dreamstate so a reality warper would certainly prompt some rivalry.

That's the thing. He would have no real power over the Dreamstate, but the Dreamstate would give him immense power. He's really only a very minor mentalist, and an equally weak reality warper. It's the combination of the two that make him dangerous. Basically, his mental powers amount to giving people a bad acid trip. (Well, an extremely bad one, but still. Nothing terribly damaging in the long term, without prolonged exposure.) He can also make what someone perceives as real, become real. (In a sense. They never actually appear, but any damage they would do if they were real does.) This comes in useful by making the effects of the hallucinations he can induce physical, as well as mental. Within the Dreamstate, he could make the effects of it transfer over into the real world. He would have no real control over it, he would just be able to kill contestants by making any injuries they sustain real, instead of just imagined.

A rough version of his profile, if you're interested:

Primary Power: Induced Hallucinations. Nighterror can force anyone nearby into a hallucinogenic state, but has almost no control over those hallucinations. The more control he attempts to exert, the weaker the hallucinations become.

Secondary: Emotional Manipulation. Nighterror can only increase emotions, and only effect a narrow spectrum. (Fear, shame, paranoia, despair, you get the gist.) Combined with his above ability, it allows him to create terrifying illusions, custom-fit to his target.

Tertiary: (A power I'm not sure what to call.) Nighterror can make his victim's perceptions real. No one can see them save the one they belong to, but any damage they would cause is very real. If someone believes they are being attacked, any wounds they think they should be suffering from they will be, and any wounds that seem to be inflicted on others nearby will appear suddenly, seemingly without cause.

Edited by Aonar Faileas

"Regardless of common sense"? Oh, now you're going to tell me Aldo/Wes wasn't meant to be. <_<:P

All that be needs in regard to (canon) Pokemon shipping is skitty and wailord.

SkittyLurvesWailord.jpg

(For those that don't know, these two can have children together.)

Yes they do, although if he wanted to Soulcaster could change it so that they don't but he's not likely to do that.

Oddly enough Nighthounds not all that terrifying in a fight. It's what happens after the fight when he's captured a helpless opponent that's creepy and horrible.

Yeah, Nighthound isn't a slouch but far from being on the top of the food chain.

Hello everyone.

I'm thinking of joining the Salem RP. This is my character. (If I get more time later, I might make a second one.)

Insert really cool name here. I'll work it out eventually.

He has 2 minor Epic powers. Both are space/density related.

His first Epic power was based off something I did years ago, when I was sick and tired of transportation magics always being either super speed and teleportation. So I created a third kind. Bear with me.

Imagine the world as though it were some kind of rubber band. This person has the power to either stretch that rubber band out, extending a single centimetre of ground so it can run for miles, or shrink it, in which case miles of land can be squished into a few centimetres. After he stops concentrating, the ground returns to it's normal size. People can be squished/expanded in this way, but it does no harm to them.

In this way, he can do a number of handy things. He carries a pistol, and can shrink the distance between him and his target so he can shoot the victim at point-blank range. He can also travel long distances in a few steps, squishing the ground as nescessary.

If this doesn't make sense to you, I'll try and find a better way of explaining it. Thankfully, the second one is a lot simpler.

He has the power to change the size and density of the object. The smaller the size, the denser the object. However, similar to the last one, he needs to be deliberately focusing on it to make it work. Stop focusing on it, it goes back to normal. If a liquid is condensed enough, it becomes a solid. If it's expanded out enough, it becomes a gas. It works to a lesser extent on living things, but it takes more willpower to do the same thing as conscious beings are somehow semi-resistant. (That's not a weakness, by the way, just a limitation.)

Just a quick clarification. Is there anything wrong with this? Is it too complex?

Not at all! I like it. Seems quite powerful, even if he is squishy. And very creative.

how do people other than him perceive the squished space/land/people? How do the squished people view it?

When you say "the smaller the object, the denser it is", do you mean that the mass of objects doesn't change when he uses his power on them, just their size?

Do people die if he expands/shrinks them enough, or is their body "preserved" so that when he stops focusing, they return to normal as if nothing had happened?

Does this require touch? If not, what is the range?

Just a few questions for clarity :)

And welcome to the RP!

Hello everyone.

I'm thinking of joining the Salem RP. This is my character. (If I get more time later, I might make a second one.)

His first Epic power was based off something I did years ago, when I was sick and tired of transportation magics always being either super speed and teleportation. So I created a third kind. Bear with me.

Imagine the world as though it were some kind of rubber band. This person has the power to either stretch that rubber band out, extending a single centimetre of ground so it can run for miles, or shrink it, in which case miles of land can be squished into a few centimetres. After he stops concentrating, the ground returns to it's normal size. People can be squished/expanded in this way, but it does no harm to them.

In this way, he can do a number of handy things. He carries a pistol, and can shrink the distance between him and his target so he can shoot the victim at point-blank range. He can also travel long distances in a few steps, squishing the ground as nescessary.

If this doesn't make sense to you, I'll try and find a better way of explaining it. Thankfully, the second one is a lot simpler.

He has the power to change the size and density of the object. The smaller the size, the denser the object. However, similar to the last one, he needs to be deliberately focusing on it to make it work. Stop focusing on it, it goes back to normal. If a liquid is condensed enough, it becomes a solid. If it's expanded out enough, it becomes a gas. It works to a lesser extent on living things, but it takes more willpower to do the same thing as conscious beings are somehow semi-resistant. (That's not a weakness, by the way, just a limitation.)

Just a quick clarification. Is there anything wrong with this? Is it too complex?

On the contraction expanding bit, assuming the rubber band comparision holds true, you do realize that he would have to counteract the stretching he does to not completely crush the curvature of the earth, proably on the edges so he can actually keep his concentration on it. Also, given that the effect is only temporal shouldn't it be tied to the area, meaning that if somone stepped into the contracted area they would just also be contracted and as such need the same amount of time and effort to cross the distance? Otherwise we would have some very funky interaction between manipulated objects and not manipulated objects, especially if the change is negated while in contact with a not manipulated something.

On the density bit, if the effect gets negated once he stops concentrating on it, what would happen to an object that got turned into a gass and as such completely lost it's form? 

All that be needs in regard to (canon) Pokemon shipping is skitty and wailord.

SkittyLurvesWailord.jpg

(For those that don't know, these two can have children together.)

Yeah, Nighthound isn't a slouch but far from being on the top of the food chain.

You sir, get an upvote for using Pokemon in this pony-ruled site. :D

Hello everyone.

Cool name you say? What about TwistTurn, or SpaceChange? Or maybe WorldBender or Archemedes? :ph34r:

Also, i really think more people should join the salem thread, its not like its time consuming, its pretty simple to Write in, and you get to beat up people...so...yay? There are currently like 5 people on it. (Some of them with multiple characters and posts) :P

Good, good, Lets keep the names coming!

Denser, Warper, Funsize, StateShifter, RealityBand, :ph34r:

SpaceHaze, DenseSpace, Contracttion, Manipulator, DenseMove (see what i did there?) :ph34r:

Although in a relatively Small town, i don't think that epics powers would have much effect, specially in the arena. :ph34r:

In regards to having Epics that aren't present in Salem in the fights (like Nighthound, Steelheart, etc.) that was actually part of my headcanon (again, I'm not Voidus, :ph34r:.) It seems like it would be pretty easy for Soulcaster to do, either by having the Epic be controlled by an interested third party or having him/her be an NPC. Since Dreamstate apparently defaults to reality when Soulcaster wants to create something, I think that she could simply state "I want to create Steelheart as a combatant" and a reflection of him would appear.

Switching Epic powers around, or giving them both completely different powers could be an interesting bracket.

You sir, get an upvote for using Pokemon in this pony-ruled site. :D

It's not about the pokemon, it's about the shipping. Just look at some of the "offsprings" people have come up with.

tumblr_nne5nsVW5J1qghsw2o1_1280.pngtumblr_nne5nsVW5J1qghsw2o2_r1_1280.pngtumblr_nn328jz0qd1qghsw2o1_r1_1280.pngtumblr_nn328jz0qd1qghsw2o2_r1_1280.png

Somehow the potato Chikorita reminds me of a pug. :P