Heirs to the Final Empire: Roleplaying Thread

Wyrmhero

If I were you guys, I wouldn't base any argument on the write-up:

Of note for this write-up is that I do not give out sensitive information in these things. This should be considered fluff rather than anything specific. The number of deaths and what have you in here is at best rumour and at worse outright wrong.

Just putting that out there :)

To say nothing of the fact that our Almighty GM, the Wyrm his Honour, is a most noted Troll of the highest calibre :P

-

Kyril Heron #5: Promises of Water

Elise found him in the baths. He’d snapped the cane—surprising himself with his own viciousness—and had it burned.

“Is he?” she asked.

He knew. He looked at her, and nodded, minutely.

We do to our sons what our fathers do to us, he had thought. And so it went on. Because they must. Because Wallace Heron had done what he had to, and now, so had he.

Duty, of course. That was the only way to drown the heart, to numb it, to silence its cries. To steel it and to still do that which needed doing. He leaned back against the stone of the baths and closed his eyes, and just wished…

He didn’t know what he wished.

To shut out the world for a time, perhaps.

The scars on his back itched, sometimes. Still felt raw. He reached over his shoulder, traced the long ripples of keloid. They’d dug out the splinters later. He wasn’t drunk enough for it. He’d been a boy. The worst was cleaning them out. The alcohol hurt the most.

He drowned them in the warm water of the baths, too. All thought, all worry, all memory. Let the water wash over him and sweep away the aches with it.

Splashing.

“It’s a dirty practice,” Elise said, finally.

He made a sound; neither agreement nor disagreement.

“It makes us what we are.”

“What are we?”

He opened his eyes to see her regarding him. She’d removed her clothes and joined him, on the opposite end of the small bath. “Mistborn,” she said, simply. “My father beat me too, you know.”

He reached out, across the intervening space, took her hand. “I’m—”

She placed a finger on his lips. “I’m not,” she said, firmly. “Being Mistborn…I wouldn’t give that up, for the world.”

“I would.” It wasn’t the House Lord speaking. The House Lord would never say that. Could never say that.

“I know,” she said. “I don’t understand that.”

“I know.” There were no words. He reached out—put his arm around her. Memory of a late night, a coin nicking his throat. It could be anything, cousin. Wystan and a promise. “I don’t want to talk about that.”

“Are you sure?”

“Talking doesn’t help everybody,” he said.

“I’ve never felt more free than when I’m burning steel and iron,” she said. An admission. An offer. “The mists are yours. The night is yours. And above all, the air is yours. You’re just flying, graceful and sure. Nothing can stop you. It’s intoxicating.”

He thought about it. Reached a decision that surprised even himself. “Will you…?”

“Will I what?”

“Teach me.”

Elise considered it. “Yes,” she said, finally.

Action Two:

•Who? - Kyril Heron, in his personal capacity.

•What? - Kyril Heron is trying for an Heir with Lady Elise Heron. [if they get a boy, he'll be named Anaximander. A girl will be named Anaximander. Gotta love unisex names, dontcha? :P (I know, technically it's not unisex. But...) ]

•Where? - In a bath in Keep Heron. (Kyril's getting better at picking his place ;) )

•When? - This is my second action for the Turn.

•Why? - With the current excitable politics in Luthadel, Kyril knows that having a son isn't enough to secure succession for the future of House Heron. To make things a little less dicey, he and Elise are trying to have another child. In addition, an additional Allomancer is always good for House Heron, and Kyril has to privately admit that he likes the idea of having a big family.

Edited by Kasimir

I might have a power cut for the next twenty four hours, throwing my actions out now.

Who: Lady Mai

What: Trying for an Heir

When: Action 1

Why: You can never have enough children when you are Mistborn

Names: Arlen, Beskha

What: Pardoning the rioters and riot leaders, promoting the riot leaders to her personal scribes, and assigning them positions in her council.

When: Action 2

Why: So as to appease the skaa

What: Transferring a farm to House Zerrung

When: Action 3

Why: For a stable long-term alliance

EDIT: Also, is the Luthadel-Seran canal and/or road owned yet?

Edited by Adamir

Here's my public action this turn, I'll try and get the roleplay up tomorrow when I'm in less of a panic!

Who: Lord Rolan Queade

What: Building a prison

Where: Luthadel

Why: As it is, there's only really two options when it comes to handling with crime (legally); fines or execution. Jail offer's another option. In theory, it might make me a little bit of money -bail's and stuff- but primarily, I'm trying to institute some Justice. Of course, since this is the Final Empire, part of my plan's for the skaa criminals will be that they will be available to work as a labour force, for the Lord Ruler -or for other Houses (if they pay me). We can work out the details later.

(Basically, the Final Empire equivalent of breaking rocks or community service... so significantly more terrible, probably)

I'm afraid I don't feel up to trying to write any roleplay tonight - I'm not feeling fantastically well at the moment.

What? Investing in the Tekiel Military

Where? Keep Fadrex

Why? To grow the military and prepare it for future attacks

Who? Lord Tekiel

When? Third action of the turn

I'm having a blasted hard time coming up with a good RP right now, and I know I said that I'd do one this turn, but that's not going to happen. However, thanks to my planned actions for next turn and how long I've been planning those, I've had plenty of RP ideas for that, so I can guarantee I'll be RPing next time. Without a doubt. For now, my public action:

Who: Lady Adira Wilson, as House Lady

What: Purchasing a cotton plantation and a military uniform clothing factory.

Where: The cotton plantation will be near the Wilson farm outside of Urteau, and the factory will be in Luthadel

Why: To clothe the Wilson troops in military uniforms of House Wilson's colors so they look more respectable and maintained. Also to make and sell uniforms to other Houses who wish to purchase high-quality uniforms for their own troops. (So I will be keeping the first shipment of uniforms for myself, and selling shipments thereafter, unless I designate at some future point that I wish to keep another shipment)

Lysander Elariel

Generation 2, Turn 2

Roleplay:

The unforgiving gaze of Lady Lutha Elariel, founder of the house, stared down from the canvas, seemingly daring Lysander to risk her wrath along with House Elariel's fortunes.  In the hundred years since Lady Lutha's reign, House Elariel had done well for itself, maintaining its holdings and stabilizing its position among the elite of Luthadel.  And yet, none of the House Rulers since Lady Lutha, Lysander's mother included, had managed to truly expand the house's enterprises.  Despite being relatively new to his position, Lysander already felt constrained by Elariel's current wealth and influence.  The hotels were running well, including Lysander's most recent acquisition, the fields producing on schedule, and Elariel's side businesses were coming along nicely.  There would be no better time to expand than the present to think of the future and try to build upon what his ancestors had began.  

Am I ready?  The portrait gave no answer.  Lysander sighed, and turned back to his writing desk, going over the forms and files stacked there one more time.  The recent attack on House Tekiel had shaken the rest of the nobility, and the other members of the family were already pestering him about what Elariel's response would be.  The Tekiels were a strong house, with a powerful allomantic line tracing back to one of the nine original mistborn.  In fact, the original Lord Tekiel was the same Mistborn who Lysander had inherited his own allomancy from.  The Tekiels had repelled the attack, so surely Elariel would be able to do the same if they too were attacked, but what might they lose in the process?  If Lysander was truly going to make his house grow, he needed to plan, and to be ready to defend his house's holdings should they come under attack.  

For the first time in weeks, Lysander smiled as a plan began to develop.  

Action:

Action 2: Building Defences [PUBLIC]

Who: Lord Lysander Elariel

What:  Using house funds to build defences around the Elariel holdings in Luthadel and Tremredare.  

Where:  Luthadel and Tremredare.

When: Gen 2, Turn 2, Action 2.  

Why:  To discourage potential enemies from attacking, and preparing for an attack should it occur.  

Aniketos Heron #1: The Sky Is Broken

Everywhere hurt.

Especially his back. So Ani lay on his side, tried to think about something else, and waited for sleep to come.

It didn’t.

A hand on his shoulder. He flinched.

“Ani.” He opened his eyes. It was his Uncle Wystan, by his bed. He held a glass of water in one hand, and a few thick, gleaming beads in the other. “You need to keep burning.”

“Don’t want to,” he murmured.

Pewter a dull burn of warmth inside him.

“Ani,” his uncle’s voice had grown harder. “You need to keep burning. We’ve had the wounds cleaned and stitched up so you won’t be in danger of infection, but you’ll only recover much faster if you keep burning pewter.”

He swallowed the beads, one after another, washed them down with water.

“Good,” Uncle Wystan said, encouragingly. “You’re going to feel much better, very soon.”

Ani wasn’t so sure about that. He felt as though he was an old cushion; battered, ragged, held together by stitches.

“Where’s…?” he couldn’t say the word. Couldn’t force himself to say it.

“Your father’s away,” Uncle Wystan said, at last. “Ani, this had to be done. Do you understand?” He gripped Ani’s collar, forcing him to look at him. “All of us had to go through this—me, your father, your mother…it’s the only way the power makes itself known. We call it ‘Snapping.’”

Snapping.

He was reminded of when he was much younger; he’d snuck into his mother’s room and accidentally broken her favourite glass. He’d been beaten for it, of course. Not as badly as he’d been today. And never like this.

Father had taken it to the glassmaker’s and had it repaired, but you could always see the crack that ran through it; hairline-thin.

Snapping was like that; he felt like that glass, now: cracked inside.

“I get it.” It felt like someone else was speaking, inendurably distant, through his lips.

Wystan smiled, faintly. “Good boy,” he said, ruffling Ani’s hair. “Get some rest. And keep that pewter burning. You’ll be as good as new in no time. And then we can really start working.”

Eventually, even he left. So Ani occupied himself with studying the light from the glass window, the way it fell across the sheets, the way it met the bedposts and cast shadows on the walls. The light from the window faded, grew dim.

He closed his eyes.

One thought followed him into the dark.

Edited by Kasimir

Don't have the most time on my hands right now, since I'm in a hotel room, but I'll get some RP in later on (probably after the cycle's over).

Action 1:
Erinald Gardre is expanding the House's Luthadel Housing district in order to accommodate the new craftsmen in the House, and to collect further rents.

Retleh looked out the window of his keep and clung to his face again for the third time that day. All around, houses were rallying defenses- preparing counterplots and strategies, paranoia was rampant The one assault on Tekiels keep had everyone on edge, no one was taking any chances- but to what end? This wasn't an empire any more, it was an arms race. It was surely only a matter of time before the prospect of war echoed across the nobles, should this martial curtain go unchecked. What would his father had done? Somehow, smoking didn't seem to be a long term viable solution this time. There was only one solution- if the culprit was not found, then someone would have to ease the tension between the houses before tempers flared again. If the houses who usually hosted such events were too busy rallying their own forces, then that left only one option- taking matters into his own hands. For hours, Retleh racked his brain for ideas that would help vent the excitement to sustainable amounts. Competitions were a great way of doing so, but what to compete? Properties, wealth, feats of strength? There wasn't much that would make particularly good contests. Perhaps since the root of the dilemma was caused by allomancy, it would be appropriate to compete over that- there were certainly lots of possible games for houses to compete over, and every house had mistborn. By associating the image of mistborn with competition and games, it would help divert houses association with savage Allomatic attacks- hopefully diluting public paranoia. Inspired, Retleh leaped to his desk and begun scribbling orders to servants, invitations to all the houses, even summonings to his own loyal mistborn to explain his idea. The Royal Allomatic Games- a test of cunning, courage, and allomancy. Consisting of simple allomatic sports- long distance pewter running, steelpushing hurdles, Zinc & Brass emotion duels, the possibilities were endless. All the houses gather with all their mistborn to see which was allomatically the greatest. Retleh cared little for sport, but if it meant stopping wars- then it would be worth every clip. Hands shaking, Retleh handed handfuls of sealed letters to his most trusted servants.

"Deliver these as if your lives depend on it! The fate of the final empire can be changed through those papers!"

The servants eyed him nervously, but asked no questions- leaving him to his work. 

First Action: House Uethorn is Hosting the Royal Allomatic Games, for the Honor of The Lord Ruler and for all of the Nobles to Attend

Where? Across the city, starting from Keep Uethorn

Why? Tensions between houses have begun to rise due to recent events. In an effort to try rectify this before another attack, Uethorn is hosting competitive Allomatic sports to try relieve paranoia. The games would also be a great way to show off a houses assets (or feign meekness), to try discourage future attacks.

"You know, Valden... I worry about Maligaro. I feel you are unwise to trust him." Noerin's face was marked with worry, as her husband leafed through a dispatch of the Mistborn's research notes. As he read, his face seemed to flicker between showing keen interest, slight worry and outright bewilderment. Lord Artorius' desk had become a growing mess of loose leaves and half-stacked books ever since he'd commissioned the young, lanky-haired Mistborn to begin his research - Noerin made a mental note to get him a new adjutant if only to prevent them both from being buried alive under mounds of paperwork.

"If it eases your worry, my dear, I understand your concern. He is... well..." He let the notes drop back onto the table, "He is intelligent, surpassingly so. And I would be a fool if I didn't make use of his intellect. As for his stability, his sanity... that remains to be seen."

"If you can still find it among your archives," Noerin eyed the desk quizzically, "the latest correspondence from the mill owners came in this morning, as well. It would be good to finally lay this matter to rest." She rose, and gave Valden something of a warning look as she went to leave, "And I would advise you to speak with Maligaro soon, my husband, before he does something unwise."

As the study door closed loudly, Valden waited for a moment for quiet to return to the study before his hand crept toward Maligaro's notes once more - he was nearly finished with them, after all. But Noerin's presence had distracted him, and alerted him to the aches he'd been accumulating while sat at the desk. He rose himself, then, casting one last glance over the notes before discarding them.

At the bottom of the page, in Maligaro's spidery hand, he saw the Mistborn's closing thoughts and wondered if Noerin's concern was merited after all.

"Damnation is a small price to pay for immortality, is it not?"

Who: Valden Artorius, in his capacity as House Lord

What: Purchasing a Sawmill, to be transferred to House Izenry

Where: Luthadel, or wherever Izenry designates

When: Generation 2, Turn 2, Action 1

Why: To solidify the alliance between the two Houses, and to fulfill an earlier promise

Edited by Blank Fate

The Turn will end in roughly 5 hours. Remember that I will be away for those five hours. The next Turn will begin tomorrow, 24 hours after this one ends.

..I forgot the turn ended today instead of tomorrow. twilightoops.png

The stacks of papers and reports continued to pile up higher and higher, ledgers and trade transactions, housing reports, incomes and expenses, all of them overspilling and never ending. Garek put down the pen, his hand cramping up from all of the writing, his eyes burning from squinting at the fine script. Even with tin and pewter, it all grew exhausting after 30 straight hours. He reached for the glass of wine off to his right, decided better of it, and grabbed the still half-full bottle next to it instead.

He always tried to get all of his House Duties before having fun. He wouldn't get drunk and neglect his responsibilities. He wasn't his father.

Garek sighed and popped the cork. FieDo slid into the room, his soft, padded feet almost unnoticeable except for the fact he was burning tin steel. And the steel collar wrapped around its neck was a dead giveaway. Garek would never admit it around anybody else, but those creatures had unnerved him ever since he had it wearing his father's bones. He understood their usefulness and versatility, but a chameleon like that could not be trusted. How would I even know if that was truly FieDo?

"Sir, your constituents want to review your latest expenditures." Your House wants to know why you keep spending so much rusting money.

"I already told them!" Garek said a little more forcefully than he meant, his voice rising, and him slamming the goblet down with pewter-enhanced strength with a resounding clang. Perhaps he shouldn't have had the distilleries' brew up that special super-strong vintage that could get even a mistborn burning pewter tipsy. He had finished 5 bottles himself within the last...however long he had been at it.

"Do they not see what happened to House Tekiel?! It's already starting! The other Noble Houses will kindly feed us the scraps from their dinner plates, smiling and making polite conversations, but as soon as our backs are turned, they sharpen their knives and make their plans. They'll bury us in the ash and never look back, if given the chance. And I will NOT. Not let them take my father's legacy -- my legacy -- from me."

He almost shouted the last words before downing the rest of the bottle of wine he had been holding but miraculously hadn't shattered in his grip. He took a deep breath and continued.

"So if I need to train people how to fight and beat mistborn, then that's what I'll do. I'd feel much more comfortable being surrounded by men I am confident are able to kill men like me."

Well, like the RP says, Garek wants to establish a School for Hazekillers! To recruit and train aspiring bodyguards in the private sector to be able to specifically deal with Mistborn in combat! He will be leading and training the School at first, but as it grows he will obviously hand the job off to somebody else. The ultimate plan of this is to be able to use the Hazekillers for use, or to rent them out to other players/NPCs for whatever is fair compensation! :D

...Crap. I completely forgot about this. (This is what I get for falling asleep on the couch trying to finish the write-up from yesterday. :P [Don't worry, that is coming very soon.])

Who: Lady Maerys Izenry.

What: Investing money into the maintenance and repair of Urteau, in recompense for the damages caused by Lord Izenry's conquering of it.

Where: Urteau.

When: This is my second action for this turn.

Why: To raise my standing with the people of Urteau, and my general reputation with the people of the empire, as well as potentially gain some land in the area.

Generation 2: Turn 3

Rolan Queade sighed as he banged his gavel to signal the end of the current trial. He looked at the great clock that had been installed in the courtroom. Five in the afternoon. Good, the day was about over. Certainly they couldn't fit another one in, not if he had anything to say about it.

He groaned a little as one of the clerks ran over towards him, almost tripping on the steps up to his desk. "What is it?" Lord Queade hissed under his breath. "Stop making a fool of yourself. Straighten your suit. Speak."

"Uh, My Lord... That is... There is..."

"I commanded you to speak!"

"The... The Lord Ruler's carriage... Is outside the courtroom. Parked outside."

"What?" Lord Queade dropped his pen and leaned closer. "Are you certain? Is he in there? Go and check! No, I'll do it myself." Without wasting another second, he headed off, out the side-door, down the stairs, through the foyer and outside.

The clerk was, unfortunately, correct. The black coach of The Lord Ruler say outside, exuding a menacing aura where it sat. Lord Queade straightened his tie out and approached it. He knocked gently on the door. "My Lord? Can I help you, My Lord?"

A few seconds passed, and then the window of the carriage was slowly wound down, the servant sitting back out of the way. Lord Queade found himself looking up at The Lord Ruler, who sat straight-backed and imperious in the plush leather seating. Rolan tried not to look around the carriage, no matter how hard he wished to look away and not make eye contact. "My Lord," he rattled off, "this is a pleasant surprise. What, if I may be so bold as to ask, may we do for you here?"

The Lord Ruler smiled a little. "I merely wished to observe justice being done." He looked out, beyond Lord Queade's head. "It is a magnificent building. Khlennium architecture, if I remember correctly."

"My Lord?" Lord Queade asked, puzzled and slightly thrown by the comment. What was 'Khlennium architecture', exactly? "I... I apologise, My Lord, but if you wanted to observe a trial, I am afraid you have visited us slightly too late in the day. I am currently closing the last one today. If you would like, I could give you a list of all the trials due for the next month, so you could pick a case that interested you to watch, My Lord?"

"...No," The Lord Ruler shook his head slightly. "You are incorrect. You still have one more case." Before Rolan could voice his confusion, the servant sitting opposite The Lord Ruler leant forward and passed out a few sheets of paper to the perplexed noble. "The 'defendant', as I believe you call them, shall be brought before you soon enough. Return to your courtroom."

"...Of course, My Lord. As you command," Lord Queade nodded.

The clerks, barristers and staff could not complain about the extra hours - how could they refuse, knowing that The Lord Ruler had mandated that this trial go ahead. And none wanted to be the first to leave and to go past that imposing black carriage outside the courtroom gates.

Lord Queade sat back at his desk, flicking through the papers nervously. He hadn't even read them. A few words jumped out at him, but he didn't think about them. If he started to pay attention, he'd actually have to accept this was happening. The longer he could extend these blissful seconds, the better.

Like a gust of wind, the doors to the courtroom opened without anyone seeming to open them. A Mistborn using steel to throw them open. Overly dramatic? Perhaps. But it got the attention of the other staff, the ones who had never seen Allomancy used so closely.

A tall, female figure in a black Mistcloak entered into the room. She was quiet, but determined and unafraid. The Lord Ruler's enforcer was leading a cloth-hooded woman into the room, arms and legs manacled. She was being pulled along by ironpulls, stumbling with each step as she tried not to fall over and end up being dragged.

"...Raynah," Rolan nodded to her, carefully leaving his face void of any emotion. His once-sister nodded back, and said nothing. There was a scowl on her face, but from what he had heard, that was more-or-less a permanent fixture. She sat off to the side, folding her arms and watching him carefully.

Lord Queade cleared his throat, and wiped a little sweat from his brow. "Well... The court is now in session again. The defendant is Lady Kliss Tormander," he said, as the hood was removed, "who stands accused of fraternising with Terris-skaa in the Terris dominance. Lady Tormander, how do you plead?"

"'How do I plead?'" Lady Tormander replied, disbelief in her voice. "Innocent, obviously. This is an utter lie, designed to discredit me and my House. And I demand my metals returned to me immediately!"

Lord Queade nodded. "Very well then. You may present any evidence you may have to prove your innocence, though we cannot return your metals for the moment. It is not out of the realms of possibility that you might sooth or riot us to trick us into believing your innocence."

"As if I would need to," Lady Tormander replied. "My evidence is simply this: You may ask any of my House, and you may examine my affairs in Tathingdwen," she ignored the snort of laughter from the gawkers watching, "and you will see that I would not have and could not have done this."

"I suppose that is all we can ask for," Lord Queade said, though he was unsure. He'd never had to deal with any other head of a Great House in this room before. He looked at the documents before him. "I have testimony from members of your House and the community before me." Lady Tormander nodded in response to that, a hint of smugness in her posture. "Lady Raynah, your evidence against the defendant?"

Raynah stood up, looking over at Lady Tormander before returning her gaze to him. He felt as though her eyes were boring holes into him. Eventually, she spoke softly, though not quietly. "I observed Lady Tormander in congress with skaa in Tathingdwen at The Lord Ruler's behest." She sat down.

"...Then..." Lord Queade nodded. He couldn't say anything about that, could he? To do so would be to question The Lord Ruler. "Then I find Lady Tormander guilty. The Lor-"

"How dare you!" Lady Tormander interrupted, vitriol written across her face. "The word of The Lord Ruler's bitch is all that you require to condemn me, is it? This is an utter farce! How dare you accuse me of such a thing, and how dare you act as though you can judge me for it! You also sleep with skaa and see nothing wrong with it!"

"I have been asked to judge you on the behalf of The Lord Ruler," Lord Queade responded, a little tiredness creeping into his voice. He did not respond to the accusation of Lady Tormander, as it was obvious to all else there that it was very different for male nobles. "My authority comes from him, and my word upon this matter is as his. He has decreed that House Tormander is stripped of its Keep, its possessions, and the life of Kliss, no longer of House Tormander, is forfeit." He banged the gavel, and turned to face Raynah again. "You may take her to her execution."

"I shall do so," Raynah nodded as she stood up again. She burnt iron, and Kliss - no longer Lady Tormander - lurched towards her, only her hands and knees, hitting the floor with a thump. Despite Kliss' protests, Raynah pulled her up by her hair. From her Mistcloak, she produced a thin, silvery, handle-less sword blade.

"Wait, wait!" Kliss shouted, trying to push Raynah away with her manacled-hands, but she was no match for The Lord Ruler's enforcer's pewter-enhanced strength.

"Raynah, I must protest!" Lord Queade said, getting to his feet. "This is a court of law, not a place of execution!"

"I have my orders," Raynah replied, thrusting the blade through Kliss' eye, into the back of Rolan's desk. There was screaming, and blood, and then all that was left of Kliss was a corpse. Raynah removed the blade and pocketed it. Kliss' body slid down the desk, a bloody trail left behind. Raynah turned away and started to leave the courtroom, all eyes in the room following her in silence.

The silence became too much. "Raynah!" Rolan shouted, vaulting his desk in an undignified manner and rushing up the central passage. When she didn't stop, he grabbed her wrist. She paused briefly. "Is this really... Is this what you do now? You execute his enemies in public like that? So... gruesomely?"

"...People need to learn," Raynah muttered, pulling her hand away from him and leaving.

Rolan grimmaced as he watched her leave. Someone approached him. "What?" Lord Queade asked harshly, far more so than he intended. He took a deep breath. "What?" he repeated, less angrily this time round.

"My Lord... We looked away for a moment, and... Well... The body's disappeared."

Lord Queade turned around. Where Kliss once was, only a bloody streak now remained. " Kandra," he muttered.

Generation 2, Turn 3 has begun! It will end at 6 PM BST on Saturday the 25th of July. Turn 3 will begin at 6PM on Sunday the 26th.

The Only Joe has left the game. His Properties have been divided up amongst the players new to Generation 2.

To reiterate from the post above this (which has now been hidden): 'I've been a little lenient with a few players and the timing (and nature) of their Actions this Turn, since I've been absent. But the Turn is now closed, and no further Actions or modifications will be accepted. A few players are also not publicising everything about their Public Actions. It's nothing major, but you should also state the numbered action this is, in case of conflicts for certain things.

I had considered the Allomantic Games that House Uethorn is trying to run to be an Event which I will talk to each of you about individually, but I could just tell you on here rather than rattling off 20 PMs. As it is a large event (and there aren't 24 hours left in rollover), I shall be making it a focal point of G2T3 - or a Global Event. Preparations (i.e, the costs involved) will be done according to Unodus' Action during this Turn.

The event will take place at the end of Turn 3, and I will require each House to give their reaction to it. This will not require an Action on any House's part. If I do not get a response for this by the end of Turn 3 from your House, I will assume you are ignoring the event and not sending anyone towards it. For the sake of clarity, I will also note that the Houses that do compete - and their standings in the contest - will be publicly known.'.

Children born this Turn: Finn Urbain (male), Lucy Uethorn (female), Beskha Farrsolin (female), Doran Artorius (male), Rowna Queade (female), Artema Erikell (female), Valeri Penrod (female), Naryan Garde (male), Cladent Vinid (male), Casper Heatherlocke (male), Rikor Zerrung (male), Anaximander Heron (female).

People seem to be really wanting Tier 3 Goods to be a thing, it seems. I shall be thinking about how to handle this.

Generation 2 Player List

1. little wilson - Adira Wilson
  2. Lord Pifferdoo - Kilvorn Pifferdoo
  3. Gamma Fiend - Garek Urbain
  4. Unodus - Retleh Uethorn
  5. Adamir - Mai Farrsolin
  6. Blank Fate - Valden Artorius
  7. Venture Mistborn - Aquilla Orielle
  8. OrlokTsubodai - Scipio Tekiel
  9. Comatose - Lysander Elariel
  10. Aonar Faileas - Maerys Izenry
  11. Quiver - Rolan Queade
  12. wblk - Koem Wair
  13. phattemer - Clofa Erikell
  14. Araris Valerian - Arandar Penrod
  15. Renegade - Erinald Garde
  16. Shallan - Citona Vinid
  17. Haelbarde - Edrab Heatherlocke
  18. Mailiw73 - Wilor Zerrung
  19. The Crooked Warden - Fortis Protegat
  20. Kasimir - Kyril Heron

PMs have been sent out.

Edited by Wyrmhero

"My dear wife?"

"Yes, Arandar?"

"Why do these cards of congratulation mention a 'Valerun' Penrod? We have a wonderful child, but her name is Valeri."

"It's the government. When they were collecting papers for an official record of Vareri, someone must have spelled something wrong. They don't seem very efficient, the Luthadel scribes."

Arandar pondered this for a bit. "Well, we probably could help out. I'm not too sure what our next venture should be, and we have a lovely Scriptorium in the keep that would be great for transferring records. I'm sure at some point the Lord Ruler will step in before the records deteriorate too far, but it might be beneficial to our house to have had a hand in all that. I'll go complain to whoever is trying to keep all this organized about Valeri's name and use that as a position to argue that our House should be able to take on some of the burden."

Action One

Who: Arandar Penrod, as House Lord

What: Offering the resources of his house to help keep Luthadel organized (kinda like the ministry, and potentially as its precursor)

Where: Wherever city records are stored, because the ones in my Archive are getting outdated

Why: Maybe to earn some money, maybe to gain some info about other houses, partly to have a little more influence over the government

When: First Action

Edited by Araris Valerian

Kyril Heron #6: The Tower and the Ash

Deliberately, Kyril folded the letter bearing the seal of House Uethorn. He had read it, several times, scanning the cramped handwriting for any piece of information that stood out to him. There was little else he had not already found.

Lord Retleh plans to hold a series of Allomantic Games, he thought, shaking his head. Something about easing all the tension in the wake of that attack on Tekiel and a demonstration of goodwill…

“May I?” Elise asked. He extended the letter to her. She took it from him, and read it.

“It’s a circus,” Kyril said, at last. “That’s what it’ll be.”

She raised an eyebrow. “It’ll be the biggest circus in Luthadel,” she said, deceptively mild. That was, he decided, the first sign of their abiding disagreement. “Have you heard? Word has already hit the streets. Retleh’s been busy sending the letters out to every House in Luthadel—and I wouldn’t be surprised if they’d heard, even in the Farmost Dominance. The Lord Ruler himself will be in attendance.”

“All the better for them,” Kyril said, gruffly. He took the letter back, tossed it carelessly on top of the heap on his study desk.

Elise noted, “Someone woke up grumpy.”

He looked at her, and shook his head. “I’m sorry,” he muttered. “But I don’t like this. It’s sheer panoply, and all I can think about is that we have bigger affairs with which to concern ourselves than just showing off our Allomantic strength to the other Houses. Or, as it may, feigning weakness.” His eyes drifted, involuntarily, to the ledgers with which he’d busied himself for the past months.

It was not good. It never was.

Sometimes he wished his father had other children, that the duty and the burden was someone else’s to shoulder.

He wished a lot of things, these days.

“You know that I disagree,” Elise said, at last. “It is a chance to make connections, to show off the strength of our Allomancers. To have the name of Heron made known.”

“For Steelpushing skill?” he wanted to know. “Perhaps for Rioting? Do these not seem like trivial matters to you?”

“They’re not so trivial to some,” Elise retorted. “Kyril, you must know that.”

He sighed. “Yes,” he said, running a hand through his hair, distractedly. “Yes, love. I do know that. But even so, I consider these games a distraction. We will train our Allomancers, if we must. But we should not find ourselves bound up in all these small affairs.”

“And the pressing ones?”

He looked, deliberately, at the stacked ledgers.

Elise sighed. “I will not argue on that,” she conceded. Reached out and laid a callused hand on his forearm. “But Kyril, you need to remember this.”

He looked at her.

“Your instinct,” she said, quietly, “Is to bury yourself behind walls of stone, to shut out the roar of the wind and the swell of the sea. You want to make Heron strong—not great, but strong enough to withstand what comes its way. But walls go both ways, Kyril. And you cannot shut out the world and bury your head in the sand. The world will not always be willing to ignore you.”

“I know,” he said. Not unhappily. “But we must build from what we are given, Elise.” He moved, over to the open window that looked out over the courtyard. In the distance, he could make out the brooding shapes of other House Keeps, even without burning tin. “Do you know what I see?”

“Luthadel?” She was beside him, now. He slid his arm around her waist.

“A wilderness,” Kyril Heron said, quietly. “A vast wilderness of tigers.” He looked at her. “To me, love, House Heron is a tiny, tiny candle. And I worry that it will take nothing at all for it to be doused. Just the faintest gust of wind, the slightest ashfall…”

Something light brushed his cheek.

“Speak of the devil,” Elise murmured.

Ash was beginning to fall over Luthadel.

I'll be cut off from the internet for a week, and am trying to conserve mobile data - I'll put my actions down now, and if I get my internet before the week is done, I will add some rp.

Action 1

Who: Lady Mai Farrsolin

What: Building a refinery

When: Action 1

Where: Seran Countryside

Why: For well-made metals to both sell and use in any forthcoming Allomantic Games; production doesn't start until the turn after the refinery is bought, if I recall correctly, too late to use in the Games.

Action 2

Who: Lady Mai Farrsolin

What: Hiring a skilled workforce to manage the refinery and bakery

Where: Seran Countryside

Why: For the bakery, to increase profitability. For the refinery, to gain purer alloys for metals.

Edited by Adamir

Cienthe gazed down at Valeri, her daughter, who snored gently in bed. Such a small person, yet she could very well be the future scion of House Penrod. It's strange how quickly I changed to thinking of Penrod as my own House. But I feel like we have a real vision of how the world can change for the better. My family hasn't kept in contact, and the work here on the histories is immersive, in the least. I can see that we can't settle for what this world gives us, or it's beauty will continue to leak away.

She turned towards Arandar.

"It's a bit of a shame, you know. How our parents might be some of the last in all of the nobility to have developed feelings for there partners before their marriage. Your father seemed to have a bit of insight arranging our union, but a bad match could set our future generations reeling for centuries. Valeri needs something better than that."

Arandar had been wrestling with the same issue in his mind ever since his wife had gotten pregnant. Despite the healthy relationship they had now, he and Cienthe had been thrown into a whirlwind of change that could have been disastrous.

"I agree. If all else fails, some of the minor lords that serve our house have children being raised properly. That's the real problem, you see. Children growing up in other keeps won't respect the skaa as people, since they have no reason to. If the Lord Ruler decrees them worthless, and every skaa you see can't spell his own name, how could a child see them as equals?" The Lord Ruler was the real problem. The skaa were different than the nobility. Perhaps not inferior, but definitely different, and the Lord Ruler's will relegated them to fieldwork across the world. Despite his best efforts, a skaa would never come to a position of power in House Penrod, or He would interfere. And that would end all of Arandar's efforts in their entirety.

Cienthe smiled a bit. "Well, that isn't too hard of a problem to solve. We just need to offer to raise another House's child here. If we can get one early enough, then we can drive home our philosophies about the skaa and nobility. Not to mention that it would be nice to have two mistborn children running around the keep, rather than one, since they could develop their abilities together."

So, basically I'm looking for a marriage contract that brings a son into my family so that I can raise the two children together and let them develop a relationship and stuff. And I have a sheep farm that I am willing to dedicate long-term shipments of potentially as part of the deal. (Since it would save me an extra action for doing 2 separate contracts)

Koem looked up from the opened invitation, bewilderment apparent. Outside the window ash slowly drifted from the sky, lending darkness to the bright lights that lit up the Great Houses of Luthadel in the distance.

"The Royal Allomantic Games? What nonsense is House Uethorn up to now?" he sighed. House Wair had been relatively fortunate, having managed to stay out of the affairs of other Nobles, more through luck than any great plan.

You can't ignore this. Rumours already say the Lord Ruler will be there.

Koem waved at his newly appointed steward Nicho. "Inform two of our Mistborn, let's see...Lady Arin and Lady Mela. Tell them both that they are to participate in this Royal Allomantic Games and to prepare themselves accordingly."

Nicho bowed stiffly, and made for the door. Just as he was about to leave he heard his masters voice shout from behind.

"Also see if you can't hire some more people. We don't have enough of these anti-Mistborn troops yet."

-In short,I'm sending two Mistborn to participate in the Royal Allomantic Games.

Action 1:

Who- Koem Wair as House Lord

What- Hiring more servants into the House

Why- To have more servants.

Sorry, no time to RP this week (work is kind of ridiculous now).  I should be able to do something next week.  Let's just say Lysander is boring and just goes about his lordly duties, so we're not missing anything.  

Action:

Lord Elariel and all House Elariel allomancers choose not to participate as competitors in the Allomantic Games.  

Action 2: The Allomantic Games (Public)
Who: Lord Lysander Elariel
What:  Lysander chooses to attend the games as a spectator, and offers to provide food, drink, and entertainment for the games with Elariel funds.    
Where:  Luthadel.
When: Gen 2, Turn 3, Action 2.  
Why:  To save face and maintain reputation while not participating directly in the games.

Um, Comatose? I don't think your reaction to the games is one of your three actions.

The event will take place at the end of Turn 3, and I will require each House to give their reaction to it. This will not require an Action on any House's part. If I do not get a response for this by the end of Turn 3 from your House, I will assume you are ignoring the event and not sending anyone towards it. For the sake of clarity, I will also note that the Houses that do compete - and their standings in the contest - will be publicly known.'.

I'm not sure how doing something like refreshments factors in, but you might be able to get away with still not spending an action.

I'm not sure how doing something like refreshments factors in, but you might be able to get away with still not spending an action.

I'm considering it as a business venture and thus usable as an Action.

Edited by Wyrmhero

Action 3:

Who: Lord Erikell

What: Marrying off my daughter, while keeping her in the family.

Where: Keep Erikell, I guess??

Why: So she's married for next Gen.

Edited by phattemer