You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

Yeah. I have a friend who’s read Mistborn and SA, but aren’t super into it. They like the books a lot, but get kinda annoyed when I talk about it or make obscure references. 

On the plus side, I’m getting my sister to read Mistborn and she’s maybe a quarter of the way through HoA. I’m so excited, and she loves it, and I’m so excited!

19 minutes ago, podman36 said:

Yeah. I have a friend who’s read Mistborn and SA, but aren’t super into it. They like the books a lot, but get kinda annoyed when I talk about it or make obscure references. 

On the plus side, I’m getting my sister to read Mistborn and she’s maybe a quarter of the way through HoA. I’m so excited, and she loves it, and I’m so excited!

That’s awesome, good for you and your sister!

I have friends like that too, but they don’t get annoyed— they just don’t get the references in general. Then I get annoyed...

I also have a friend who said: “Look, I’ll read the books, but I’m not going to go all ‘Cosmere crazy’ or whatever.”

Now the friend might even be crazier than me... just kidding. I don’t think I know anyone who is more obsessed with the Cosmere books than I am. :P

15 hours ago, Ashspren said:

It was in that middle ground, between tan and dark— that’s why I was thinking about it so much.

Also, I love how we’re having this conversation right now... You know you’re a sanderfan when you and another person on a fan forum website have a full conversation about the appearance and Rosharan ethnicity of a complete stranger...

She could be both Alethi and Reshi. It would explain why it was in the middle ground, and it's not too unheard of, is it?

Also, when you enter "Listener" into google images and get annoyed when it comes up with pictures of people listening, and not Parshendi.

When...

You want to name your future dog TenSoon.

When someone says “do you even lift, bro?” and you respond with: “Yes, I do. I’ve read the Stormlight Archive. I Lift. It’s... awesome.

You see a crab climbing on the rocks, and you think of the ugly-lizard-crab thing and Hoid.

Your autocorrect corrects normal words to Cosmere related things.

You try to soulcast your vegetables into chocolate cake.

You say the ideals of the Knights Radiant and try to desperately communicate with your spren.

Oathbringer Spoilers!

Spoiler

You hear the words “look up” and immediately think about “The Girl Who Looked Up.” Then you get Wit and Shallan father/daughter feels and start sobbing.

Every time you open a box, you half expect to find Pattern as a blade.

You see someone explaining math concepts to someone else. They tell the other person not to divide by zero. You think, you can’t divide by zero. That would be inappropriate.

You watch in awe while your friend gains Hemalurgic powers as they put in earrings.

You watch as a little boy runs up to his older brother, showing him a rock. You feel sad, because it’s obviously Tien in this universe.

Every time you close your eyes, you think that you might have one of Dalinar’s flashbacks.

It’s raining and you don’t want it to, so you scream “Curse you, Stormfather!” at the sky.

You see a windup toy, and watch it move. You scream: “It’s been Awakened! Stop that person— I need to question them for the 17th Shard! Does he know Hoid? What’s it like on Nalthis? CAN I HAVE AN AUTOGRAPH?!”

You see a Lava Lamp, and immediately know the truth: it’s not moving because of heat— it’s a fabrial. And, if that’s wrong (because most of your theories are), your friend, who is standing next to you, is hiding their Windrunner powers from you. You don’t get mad at them, though, because you’re excited that you could become their squire.

You see a fire and think: “That was a stick. Shallan finally succeeded.”

You see someone dancing with their hands at their sides and just swaying-ish from side to side. You go up to them and say: “you dance like a stick... your moves are fire.”

You wonder why you don’t see windspren on a windy day.

Edited by Ashspren

You know your a Sanderfan when you and your friends figure out who is lighteyes and who is darkeyes. (Not acting on any of this of course)

You know your a Sanderfan when you have group chats with names like “I am a stick” “Apocalypse Gaurd” and “Knights Radiant”

You know your a Sanderfan when you have spammed your friends with READ MISTBORN several thousand times (I crashed my computer it was so much)

You know your a Sanderfan when you pull Mistborn out of nowhere and hand it to your friend unexpectedly and tell her to read it.

You know your a Sanderfan when your friends have to convince you that metals are not investable.

You know your a Sanderfan when your autocorrect changes ingestable to investable.

You know your a Sanderfan when you start saying “Two chickens with one stone”

Edited by Ishar

On April 27, 2018 at 10:38 PM, Ishar said:

You know your a Sanderfan when you and your friends figure out who is lighteyes and who is darkeyes. (Not acting on any of this of course)

TOTALLY not acting upon that... totally. (You actually should, though. Then post about it and let us know how it went.)

You know your a Sanderfan when...

You continue to tell people to read Mistborn even after they've read it. 

You and your friends have screaming matches about Cosmere theories and topics while other people just watch, confused.

You stare at sand, hoping that it will rise out of your hand before falling to the ground, colored black.

You see the words "an example of radiant energy is sunlight" so you cross out "sun" and replace it with "storm."

You try to give advice to your friends, and think WWSS? (What Would Sylphrena Say?)

You try to do 0 divided by 0 on a calculator, and your Sanderfan friend next to you screams "That's inappropriate!"

You feel more popular on the 17th Shard than in real life. 

You watch as Friend A argues with Friend B over Friend A's hair color. All you can think about is: "Friend A must be a princess from Nalthis..."

All you ever want in life is a roast battle between Wit and Shallan, Lopen and Wayne to meet, and for Kaladin to be happy. 

You realize that Harry Potter is just shooting stormlight from his wand. The wands are sticks, which refused to be turned into fire. Shallan gave them stormlight because "Sticks need stormlight. For... things..." So, the sticks can now shoot the stormlight Shallan gave them. Because logic.

When someone in Pokemon wants you to find Shards and you freak out before realizing they didn't mean either of the things you hoped they might. 

When you realize that Generation Five of Pokemon talks a lot about Truths and Ideals...

(Yes, I've been playing Pokemon a lot lately. So what?) 

Edited by AonEne

When you have this huge conversation with @Cel about the Cosmere during church. She has been getting back into the swing of the Cosmere, lately. And my friend is finally reading OB. He read tWoK and WoR last year, and the Reconers trilogy earlier this year.

You know your a Sanderfan when you have arguments with inanimate objects about their identity

You know your a Sanderfan when you use sidewalk chalk to draw a 9 point defense and several chalklings (it didn’t work :()

You know your a Sanderfan when you go crazy when your friend (who has not read Stormlight Archives or heard anything about it) says “Journey before destination” (this actually happened. He was reading Mistborn at the time)

You know your a Sanderfan when you write “Put friend A on decaf” and “(Me) gets a cookie” at the bottom of your Math Teacher’s lesson plan and friend B shouts “I want a cookie too” (Math Teacher did not have cookies that day. She had brownies)

Just now, Ishar said:

You know your a Sanderfan when you have arguments with inanimate objects about their identity

You know your a Sanderfan when you use sidewalk chalk to draw a 9 point defense and several chalklings (it didn’t work :()

You know your a Sanderfan when you go crazy when your friend (who has not read Stormlight Archives or heard anything about it) says “Journey before destination” (this actually happened. He was reading Mistborn at the time)

You know your a Sanderfan when you write “Put friend A on decaf” and “(Me) gets a cookie” at the bottom of your Math Teacher’s lesson plan and friend B shouts “I want a cookie too” (Math Teacher did not have cookies that day. She had brownies)

I need to be put on decaf... talking about Sanderson makes me get extremely hyper, lol.

1 minute ago, Ishar said:

I had a conversation with a stick, once. It gave me the cold shoulder.

2 minutes ago, Ishar said:

Ooh, I've done this! Part of one of my circles and a chalkling is still preserved under the doormat. It looks really bad.

You know you're a Sanderfan when...

You read the Spanish word "hornear" (to bake) as Horneater.

You debate over the pronunciation of Cosmere names with your friends.

You don't want to move your hand to brush your teeth, so you try and transfer Breath to your toothbrush and give it a command. 

You try to draw unicorns as chalklings, and it turns out that they are extremely bad. Your friends blame you when they don't work. Then, a different friend draws an OKAY hummingbird chalkling, and when it doesn't work... you still get blamed. 

You dream about Cosmere things. 

When someone says "You are (insert something here)," you respond with "I am a stick."

2 minutes ago, Ishar said:

The hummingbird was not just “okay” it was really good

I still believe that my nonexistent art skills are superior. 

1 minute ago, Tesh said:

I'm doing that now.

Welcome to the "I am a stick" movement. We seek to enlighten people through the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. The truth is: "I am a stick."

Edited by Ashspren

2 minutes ago, Ashspren said:

Welcome to the "I am a stick" movement. We seek to enlighten people through the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. The truth is: "I am a stick."

I am a member already. I have said the words.

I am a stick.