I love the three of them in the last few panels. Just read it through while listening to the actual song. Even more hilarious. Also showed it to my husband, and HE thought it was hilarious, despite knowing very little about the Recokners OR MLP.

LOVE Quota (never thought those words would leave my mouth).

Glad you both liked it! :D (I was hoping no one would read it while listening to the actual song--I was hoping the fact that I abridged a large hunk of the early song out of laziness would go unnoticed. :P)

Probably the only sentence Quota's ever uttered that hasn't made someone want to pummel him into the ground, and it wasn't even canonical in the RP. :P

Glad you both liked it! :D (I was hoping no one would read it while listening to the actual song--I was hoping the fact that I abridged a large hunk of the early song out of laziness would go unnoticed. :P)

Probably the only sentence Quota's ever uttered that hasn't made someone want to pummel him into the ground, and it wasn't even canonical in the RP. :P

He once asked where the bathrooms were....but he did it in such a condescending way that most who heard it would want to pummel him.

No, an idiot that doesn't know he's actually leading a rebellion. He just likes being pessimistic and storming Euphoria won't let him. :P

Mr. Meh's cynical older brother, who always told his younger sibling that he was too full of sunshine and optimism?

My friend came up with the greatest character trait for my revolution leader that I'm not gonna tell you all yet because reasons.  :ph34r:

Are you fine to wait to introduce the rebel leader until the demonstration, or would you prefer to post before that?

Are you fine to wait to introduce the rebel leader until the demonstration, or would you prefer to post before that?

I was planning on it. 

The ability to fart on command?

No, an idiot that doesn't know he's actually leading a rebellion. He just likes being pessimistic and storming Euphoria won't let him. :P

Mr. Meh's cynical older brother, who always told his younger sibling that he was too full of sunshine and optimism?

Nope.  :ph34r:

Four pages ago...

So I've been having really weird dreams lately, last night I dreamed that a bunch of us met up IRL and it turned out that Kobold was secretly the King of Denmark and he paid us all to write the RP full time. It was the best dream ever. Also Edgedancer kept eating limes for some reason.  :wacko:

I totally didn't just dream last night that we were all stuck in a building with various Sanderson characters and couldn't get out because someone flooded the ground floor with skittles.

Calamity, guys, I've barely been here two weeks. Storms take this thread and everyone in it.

I'll hold you to it :P

Yeah I noticed that, it doesn't seem to want to translate 'hound' although since Nighthound is a name it should probably still be in English anyway as you say.

Oh and if anyone knows how to ask whether or not there are eels in a hovercraft in another language I'll be much obliged.  :ph34r:

In Firefight they refer to Puños de Fuego as that- it means "fists of fire" in spanish. So that sets a precedent for Epic names remaining untranslated in different languages (although obviously you would need to transliterate them where a language doesn't use latin characters) like normal names.

I would, but Corvallis will need a hero to take down Iconoclast.

might have to change his weakness then :P

I'm actually looking forward to when he dies. Nothing satisfies me more than building up a terrifying villain for him to finally get his comeuppance.

might have to change his weakness then :P

I'm actually looking forward to when he dies. Nothing satisfies me more than building up a terrifying villain for him to finally get his comeuppance.

I could be wrong, but my current theory is that Epic powers give them symbolic empowerment over their fears (i.e., the ability to deflect things and outrun mistakes to compensate for Newton's fear of disappointing others). 

I have no. earthly. idea how the ability to create cannibalistic zombies grants empowerment over a fear of flatulence. :mellow: 

Me neither. :ph34r: 

I could be wrong, but my current theory is that Epic powers give them symbolic empowerment over their fears (i.e., the ability to deflect things and outrun mistakes to compensate for Newton's fear of disappointing others). 

I have no. earthly. idea how the ability to create cannibalistic zombies grants empowerment over a fear of flatulence. :mellow:

I'm still not entirely sure how it grants empowerment over a fear of organized religion. I'm beginning to think Iconoplast had some issues to work out long before Calamity peaked over the horizon. :P

I'm still not entirely sure how it grants empowerment over a fear of organized religion. I'm beginning to think Iconoplast had some issues to work out long before Calamity peaked over the horizon. :P

"Man, that priest freaks me out! I wish I could turn him into a zombie and make him eat all his friends! And…uh…all of my friends. Just eat everyone." 

"Man, that guy farting on the bus freaks me out! I wish I could turn him into a zombie and make him eat all the people and sandwiches on this bus! Including mine, I guess…." 

I can't decide which one is stranger. :P 

Me neither. :ph34r:

to be fair, i am not sure if i subscribe to that theory ahaha

how does sourcefield's electricity ward off kool-aid? If its as conductive as water that is the opposite power you'd want, i think.

oh yes haha, the poor guy was falling off the deep end long before Calamity.

he has had a rough time in life

so his natural coping mechanism is cannibalism and sadism :P

MUAHAHA! The One Who Ate Nine will have this thread yet!

EDIT: Darn it, I messed up the number by posting. :mellow::P

You fools! Ten is one of the few numbers who has not sworn allegiance to the One! Ten is the very image of Savior Zero, with the Prophet leading the way! Why do you think the Financier, insane humble bearer of this wisdom, takes precisely ten seconds to return to life after resetting the clock by ten minutes? 

Ten shall have the next thread. And after that, his consort, Eleven. 

This will be a good couple of months weeks days. :P