You insult yourself, Kobold. Backtrack could never be a farmer. He's scared of cows. And chickens. And fences. And hay. And chicken feed. And....

I remember those exceptions. :wacko:

My fingers are still scarred from writing that. :wacko:

When I was about thirteen we had a young heifer about twice my size who was extremely rambunctious. A couple of times she actually managed to knock me over when I was carrying buckets of water out to her trough. :wacko:

Also, for years I tended to keep my chin pinned to the rest of my body when idle, because when I was somewhere around five a cockroach crawled on my neck and traumatized me. :mellow:

If Deathwish had gone to Portland instead of The Dalles, he'd probably be trying to hang out with the Trifecta during their rampages. :o (For my own piece of mind I choose to believe that the infamous "game" scene was the only time Timeport, Electro, or Quota showed any kind of interest in women. Any other possibilities, plausible though they may be, are simply too dreadful to contemplate. :blink:)

Eep! :o Both of those are terrifying, the cockroach especially. You have my respect for putting up with that sort of thing on a regular basis.

Um, sure. Let's go with that. I like your headcanon better anyway. :mellow:

My fingers are still scarred from writing that. :wacko:

Your fingers? What about my retinas, mail-mi? WHAT ABOUT MY RETINAS? :o:P

Eep! :o Both of those are terrifying, the cockroach especially. You have my respect for putting up with that sort of thing on a regular basis.

Um, sure. Let's go with that. I like your headcanon better anyway. :mellow:

Oh, it's not on a regular basis. If I had to deal with that sort of thing every day there's a real possibility that I'd be flipping burgers at the local McDonald's. :P My only daily hardships are trying to convince the goat to go out to her grazing chain and racing egg-eating chickens to the nest boxes.

Your fingers? What about my retinas, mail-mi? WHAT ABOUT MY RETINAS? :o:P

Oh, it's not on a regular basis. If I had to deal with that sort of thing every day there's a real possibility that I'd be flipping burgers at the local McDonald's. :P My only daily hardships are trying to convince the goat to go out to her grazing chain and racing egg-eating chickens to the nest boxes.

Scarred eyes and burned fingers. I think we should just work on plotting out the Trifecta's deaths and call it a day. :P

That doesn't sound too bad. The only animals I have to put up with are my pugs, which I adore...even when Mollie pitches a fit because Bruno got to go to the park when she didn't. :P

So, if I'm correct, Team Paladin is heading to Salem. If they are, or even if they're not, I have an idea about who could be ruling the city. 

What if Salem is ruled by a bunch of old epics, like 80+ old epics. With walkers and everything! :) 

Headquarters are at 3445 Boone Road SE, Salem, Oregon 97317 (Salem Transitional Care)  

Epic Ideas

Geezer Smash

Primary Power: Super strength. About five times what someone his size could lift.

Secondary Power: Super Size: Can grow to five times his size. As he grows, his strength grows proportionally 

And more to come...

On a completely different note, Voidus, do you have any idea for Ballchull old epics?

Salem should be run by a witch-themed Epic. Maybe Salem is where the coven started, before moving to the south?

I have a new question for the funtimes list

How many Old epics are there, like 80's/90's. Is the reason why we haven't seen any because most older people have already faced many of their fears?

probably plenty. I'd be curious how many teenage epics are around- I doubt little kids would have been chosen, but Megan was 19 in firefight and must have been for a few years at least. She might have been 15/16 when calamity turned her.

Sadly, yes. :wacko: Fortuity always had pretty vanilla women flanking him, and David's remarks in Firefight indicate that Epics taking vanilla consorts was not uncommon.

I do wonder if they have kids, or if they have powers. Not enough time has passed for them to have manifested powers I'd think, even if they were hereditary. And epics don't seem the caring, parental type....

Scarred eyes and burned fingers. I think we should just work on plotting out the Trifecta's deaths and call it a day. :P

That doesn't sound too bad. The only animals I have to put up with are my pugs, which I adore...even when Mollie pitches a fit because Bruno got to go to the park when she didn't. :P

Can Electro die when a hippopotamus sits on him? I don't know how this situation could be arranged, but I think it'd be fitting for him. :P

Out of curiosity, are pugs anything like chihuahuas, forging their closest bonds with one individual person / fellow dog? Or do they share their love around those around them equally?

Salem should be run by a witch-themed Epic. Maybe Salem is where the coven started, before moving to the south?

Different Salem, I think. :P

I do wonder if they have kids, or if they have powers. Not enough time has passed for them to have manifested powers I'd think, even if they were hereditary. And epics don't seem the caring, parental type....

With Regalia's behavior in Firefight, I wonder if there are any Epics who would raise a child to become their heirs. We'd better hope Epics can't pass on their powers, or else the Fractured States could be looking forward to millennium-long dynasties in its future. :mellow:

Can someone say narcissist, or what? And does this mean that everyone will see Converter's entrance? A lot of people are going to get killed, just saying. 

That's the high epic coming out in her, haha.  I was thinking Rainmaker could do some lightening flashes in the distance to create thunder, and one of those could cause the explosion?  Why would a lot of people die?  Does Converter go on a killing spree every time she resurrects?  We could have her appear at the gathering, but we should probably talk out some of the details.  

Thanks! I'm really excited to hear what this mission now that you keep bringing it up. :P

Maybe I should stop haha.  It makes sense in character for her to be thinking about it, but I don't want to build it up to more than it is :unsure: ...  

Personally, I don't think epics can have children, and if they did, I don't think they could pass down powers anyways.  While we know a part of an epic can be used to make tech, unlike mutants in other settings, their powers seem pretty tied to the changes calamity made in them, rather than to their genetics.  

If Deathwish had gone to Portland instead of The Dalles, he'd probably be trying to hang out with the Trifecta during their rampages.  :o (For my own piece of mind I choose to believe that the infamous "game" scene was the only time Timeport, Electro, or Quota showed any kind of interest in women. Any other possibilities, plausible though they may be, are simply too dreadful to contemplate.  :blink:)

That is a great headcanon. Possible canon-defying, but will be in my head from now on. Just like I refuse to go into Edgerunner's weakness, I won't go into Electro's interests in women any more. 

Can Electro die when a hippopotamus sits on him? I don't know how this situation could be arranged, but I think it'd be fitting for him.  :P

Different Salem, I think.  :P

I actually haven't plotted his death yet. :ph34r: Max is currently the obvious option, but I don't know if it'll work out. 

True, but why not? Maybe a confused Epic thought  the Witch trials happened in their Salem. :P

Maybe I should stop haha.  It makes sense in character for her to be thinking about it, but I don't want to build it up to more than it is :unsure: ...  

It's just excitement to do something that actually involves Hypno in the RP. Will she be contacting him to meet with him?

Can Electro die when a hippopotamus sits on him? I don't know how this situation could be arranged, but I think it'd be fitting for him. :P

Out of curiosity, are pugs anything like chihuahuas, forging their closest bonds with one individual person / fellow dog? Or do they share their love around those around them equally?

With Regalia's behavior in Firefight, I wonder if there are any Epics who would raise a child to become their heirs. We'd better hope Epics can't pass on their powers, or else the Fractured States could be looking forward to millennium-long dynasties in its future. :mellow:

I don't know why, but this seems like the most karmic ending for him. Provided Max is the one who trained the hippo and told it where to sit. :P

They're closest to their families and any other dogs in those families, but for the most part they're pretty friendly with everyone.

Definitely a different Salem. :P (I do think there should be a war there, partly because of a downtown mosaic that says "Salem: We speak peace every time we say your name." The thought of a warlike Epic stepping across that on his way to take power is wonderfully ironic.)

I don't know. :mellow: It doesn't seem likely, but I suppose it's possible.

It's just excitement to do something that actually involves Hypno in the RP. Will she be contacting him to meet with him?

Yes, she will after the demonstration.  I'm interested to see how Iconoclast reacts to being summoned with all the other epics and Vanillas.  

As a side note, since learning that 'Vanilla' is a non-canon term, my head-canon is that it is colloquialism unique to Oregon.

I actually haven't plotted his death yet. :ph34r: Max is currently the obvious option, but I don't know if it'll work out. 

True, but why not? Maybe a confused Epic thought  the Witch trials happened in their Salem. :P

Excellent! Allow me to introduce my new Epic, The Hippopotamus Dropper. He'll be coming to Portland soon, and just happens to hold a grudge against Electro. :ph34r::P

Maybe Backtrack advised them on the city's past? For a retrocog he's woefully inept at history. :P

Definitely a different Salem. :P (I do think there should be a war there, partly because of a downtown mosaic that says "Salem: We speak peace every time we say your name." The thought of a warlike Epic stepping across that on his way to take power is wonderfully ironic.)

What Happened in Salem is going to be swimming in irony. :mellow:

my bad haha, didn't know there was more than one

I agree that their powers wouldn't be hereditary, but epics would probably try anyway.

Yes, she will after the demonstration.  I'm interested to see how Iconoclast reacts to being summoned with all the other epics and Vanillas.  

As a side note, since learning that 'Vanilla' is a non-canon term, my head-canon is that it is colloquialism unique to Oregon.

how will the summoning occur? He's running to the riot anyway, he'll just follow the crowd.

also, how many people and epics live in Corvallis and the surrounding bisected towns?

pre-calamity would be about 60'000 or so, but that must be much lower now.

Ooh, that's an interesting thought. Do we have any newcomers to Oregon who have used the phrase?

Off topic, but can Chess teleport up? If he were on the first floor of a building, could he Move to the second?

What kind of chess would that imply?

my bad haha, didn't know there was more than one

I agree that their powers wouldn't be hereditary, but epics would probably try anyway.

how will the summoning occur? He's running to the riot anyway, he'll just follow the crowd.

also, how many people and epics live in Corvallis and the surrounding bisected towns?

pre-calamity would be about 60'000 or so, but that must be much lower now.

I was thinking it was the same.  The population would have gone down post Calamity, but for the last approximately two years, it's been seeming like a pretty attractive place to live.  I'd assume that people would be moving there from the surrounding areas, so I figured the population would be back to normal.

You're not an idiot. :)

Off topic, but can Chess teleport up? If he were on the first floor of a building, could he Move to the second?

Thanks. Yes, as a Knight. Since they can move in an L shape in any direction...

Well, let's say that someone tipped this board in particular sideways.

From what I can remember from Steelheart I think biologically their children would be different in some way, but it seems that the Epic mutations are in the mitochondrial DNA which is only passed down maternally, so only female Epics could have Epic children.