The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

One-month followup appointment for Lasik is tomorrow morning. Dryness has really improved over the last few weeks; I'm barely using the drops at all anymore. Still having trouble breaking the habit of reaching for glasses when I wake up, though.

After that, it will be t-minus 1 week till JordanCon!  And t-minus 2 weeks till Hawaii!

(Yes, I'm going to deal with con drop by immediately jetting away on an exotic tropical vacation. Ya do what ya gotta.)

5 hours ago, Kaymyth said:

One-month followup appointment for Lasik is tomorrow morning. Dryness has really improved over the last few weeks; I'm barely using the drops at all anymore. Still having trouble breaking the habit of reaching for glasses when I wake up, though.

After that, it will be t-minus 1 week till JordanCon!  And t-minus 2 weeks till Hawaii!

(Yes, I'm going to deal with con drop by immediately jetting away on an exotic tropical vacation. Ya do what ya gotta.)

That sounds so cool...going to JordanCon and Hawaii, that is, although not needing glasses anymore is also pretty cool.

3 hours ago, A Budgie said:

That sounds so cool...going to JordanCon and Hawaii, that is, although not needing glasses anymore is also pretty cool.

It's going to be an exciting spring, that's for sure.

Mistcloak is coming along. I think I may have gone overboard with the tassels. I have never seen anyone with a mistcloak that has as many tassels as this one does. They tangle so easily this is not at all a practical mode of fashion.

Just now, Kaymyth said:

Mistcloak is coming along. I think I may have gone overboard with the tassels. I have never seen anyone with a mistcloak that has as many tassels as this one does. They tangle so easily this is not at all a practical mode of fashion.

I know your pain...I used multiple layers of strips, at least a hundred or so...mine didn't really tangle, but I was seriously afraid of getting it caught on doors.

I'm so excited! I have the first round of Drum Major auditions tomorrow after school. Honestly, I'm mostly worried about the commands and marching portion of the audition, not so much the conducting. The only thing I have to worry about for conducting is making sure my downbeats are all in the same spot, and I stay in the "plane" so to speak with my hands. What I'm worried about is that I won't be able to march the box drill that well, since it's been so long. Well, I'm still excited.

1 hour ago, StrikerEZ said:

I'm so excited! I have the first round of Drum Major auditions tomorrow after school. Honestly, I'm mostly worried about the commands and marching portion of the audition, not so much the conducting. The only thing I have to worry about for conducting is making sure my downbeats are all in the same spot, and I stay in the "plane" so to speak with my hands. What I'm worried about is that I won't be able to march the box drill that well, since it's been so long. Well, I'm still excited.

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great.

11 hours ago, A Budgie said:

I know your pain...I used multiple layers of strips, at least a hundred or so...mine didn't really tangle, but I was seriously afraid of getting it caught on doors.

Yes, that's exactly what I've done. I used a mantled robe pattern as the base for my cloak, so I've got a layer of strips on the robe layer, and another one on the mantled cape layer.

Of course, I used knit fabric for the strips so I wouldn't have to worry about zillions of hems, so a lot of it is curling liek woah. I will be starching them tonight. One. Strip. At a. Time.

1 minute ago, Kaymyth said:

Yes, that's exactly what I've done. I used a mantled robe pattern as the base for my cloak, so I've got a layer of strips on the robe layer, and another one on the mantled cape layer.

Of course, I used knit fabric for the strips so I wouldn't have to worry about zillions of hems, so a lot of it is curling liek woah. I will be starching them tonight. One. Strip. At a. Time.

Meanwhile, I took a cheap black Halloween costume cape, cut it into strands, and sewed it so they wouldn't tear. :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, bleeder said:

Meanwhile, I took a cheap black Halloween costume cape, cut it into strands, and sewed it so they wouldn't tear. :ph34r:

Have you seen my cosplay thread in Creator's Corner? When it comes to costume creation, I am completely out of my dang mind.

6 hours ago, Kaymyth said:

Oh...I just cut them using plinking shears. It was painful, but I used a rather light and thin fabric, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. And as for the edges of the strips, we got them so one end was didn't need to be hemmed, and the other was the end was sewed unto the costume.

6 hours ago, bleeder said:

Wow...I can tell a lot of effort must have been put into that...

11 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

I bought things today! In particular a hoodie that makes me look like an assassin! 

Cool!

I started wearing hoods up when I played through Assassin's Creed. Too bad most of the hoods on my hoodies are barely covering my head when I need something deeper :|

1 minute ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

I was wearing hoods before they were cool

When they were not cool...?

If I ever get around to making mistcloak, I will make sure the hood is appropriately deep. Now, if only I wasn't all thumbs when it comes to things like sewing... -_-