The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

I JUST HAD THE BEST WEEKEND OF MY LIFE

HOMECOMING WAS SO AWESOME

FIRST WE HAD AN AWESOME BONFIRE AND I WAS CROWNED

THEN I GOT TO STAND IN AN OPEN-TOPPED JEEP WITH THE REST OF COURT IN THE PARADE

THEN WE WON OUR HOMECOMING GAME 41-6 WITH AN AWESOME COUNTDOWN TO THE END OF THE CLOCK WITH FIREWORKS

THEN TODAY I HAD MEDIA DAY FOR CROSS COUNTRY WITH AWESOME PROPS

AND THE COURT WAS TRUMPETED AT TONIGHTS GAME WITH THE ROAR OF THE CROUD AND IT WAS SO FUN

AND MY FRIENDS MADE ME AN AWESOME POSTER AND STARTED A CHANT FOR ME

IM SOOOOOO HAPPY RIGHT NOW AHHHHH!!! :D:D:D 

12 hours ago, Just a Lifetime said:

Walking down the street this afternoon, I did a double take, thinking: Is that Brandon Sanderson?  A quick check confirmed that he and I are both in NYC this weekend, by complete coincidence.  So that was fun.

WHAT

THAT'S SO AWESOME

JEALOUS!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Elf said:

My first date ever is tomorrow and i am so so so so excited i can feel the excitement growing 

But on the flip side time is passing sooo slowly 

I can't wait!

Huzzah!!! Time is like that. Enjoy it!! The first date is always something special!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have acquired a new bookshelf!  It's very large (almost six and a half feet tall, three and a half feet wide), which is great, because I have kind of reached critical mass on my current bookshelves (currently have no way to fit The Lost Metal with the rest of the Mistborn books, everything is so full up), and I got the thing for cheap, because there was a sale!

And I'm actually kind of doing okay mentally, which is good.  A really low bar, yeah, but I'm clearing it, which is better than how I spend... a lot of time.  I actually feel like I'm living, not just surviving, and it feels good. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really really really really excited for christmas this year :D last year i totally wasn't feeling the spirit, but this year i am totally elated!!!! Also for Hanukkah!!!! 'Cept dreidle games will always be tinged with violence for me now lol (check my bad days post from a week ago). But i am HYPED FOR THE HOLIDAYS!!!!!!! It feels really nice to be this excited for something :D

Met one of my former students by chance last week, on my birthday.

She thanked me for getting her to an A- and said I was one of the best TAs she had, probably because I really focused on trying to get my undergrads to do well in the exams. My teaching philosophy...isn't really the best, but I generally aim to help as many students pass as I can, because the module I teach, students largely don't take it out of passion, they take it to fulfill requirements so I don't see my job as being the 'cool' or 'fun' guy even though we do have fun/funny classes. I spend a lot of time drilling them in concepts and clearing up areas where students usually get confused, so they'll get good grades on the final exams.

I think she underestimates how much work she put to get that A-, but I'm glad she remembers me, and that she has a positive memory of the class :)

I did my job well. Peace :)