The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

1 hour ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

BRO I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU !!!!!!! i had a huge smile reading that <3 <3

SZETH THANK YOU HI HELLO IT'S KINDA BEEN A WHILE IT'S GOOD TO SEE YOU THANK YOU FOR THE KIND WORDS I KNOW I KNOW I'M SO HAPPY ALSO I GET TO HANG OUT WITH HER AGAIN TOMORROW TO BRAINSTORM A SHORT STORY WE'RE GONNA WRITE TOGETHER I'M VERY EXCITED AHOEUHUOBSAUDEBAOEB

3 hours ago, Doomslug The Destroyer said:

SZETH THANK YOU HI HELLO IT'S KINDA BEEN A WHILE IT'S GOOD TO SEE YOU

Yaaaaaaa i've had an extremely busy couple weeks :unsure: i missed you (and others but especially doomie <3) but i just had so much to do. I probably won't be back for a while cause i have a lot of trips and summer camps and stuff back-to-back. But know i'll be back... eventually....

4 hours ago, Doomslug The Destroyer said:

ALSO I GET TO HANG OUT WITH HER AGAIN TOMORROW TO BRAINSTORM A SHORT STORY WE'RE GONNA WRITE TOGETHER I'M VERY EXCITED AHOEUHUOBSAUDEBAOEB

Omg that's literally the cutest thing :wub::wub: im srsly dying of happiness for you this is so cute

... not actually dying. That would be serious. I should probably take the "srsly" out of that sentence. But I'm not gonna. :rolleyes:

haha yeeeeee i knowwwww she's so fun and chaotic and I love her but i won't tell her that even though i really really want to i probably will eventually but I will continue to let these emotions just kinda vibe until at some point they just bubble over lmao but thank you :D

It's that time of year again, yep, morel season!

Got a little less than half a pound, they are such pretty mushrooms!

20220428_140053.thumb.jpg.8bc9440dfaf4357e718615a57d5841fb.jpg

This bunch of yellow morels was especially beautiful, but I did feel a bit like a giant harvesting all of Smurf village when I picked them.

20220428_132338.thumb.jpg.19d5fca504ca803a0f55acaaaffe9568.jpg

Edited by Hoiditthroughthegrapevine
Got rid of a superfluous but... a butectomy I guess you could call it.

22 hours ago, Hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

It's that time of year again, yep, morel season!

Got a little less than half a pound, they are such pretty mushrooms!

20220428_140053.thumb.jpg.8bc9440dfaf4357e718615a57d5841fb.jpg

This bunch of yellow morels was especially beautiful, but I did feel a bit like a giant harvesting all of Smurf village when I picked them.

20220428_132338.thumb.jpg.19d5fca504ca803a0f55acaaaffe9568.jpg

Ayoooo a fellow mushroom enthusiast!

Well... I have only gone mushroom hunting on occasion, when i am in mushroom country, cause i don't live in a very mushroom rich place. but i do know my way around them and it's super fun whenever i do go, so i guess i'm more of a mushroom connoisseur then an enthusiast.

Those are some good looking mushrooms!

So, my local library did a book sale.  And I went, because of course I did.  I have low expectations for this sort of thing, because often it's the books that no one is reading that are being sold, and usually with reason.  However, I scored a first paperback edition of The Dragon Reborn!  For fifty cents!  Do I own The Great Hunt?  No!  Will I be buying it?  Already planned to. 

Plus, I found a copy of The Secret Garden, and that sent me down the rabbit trail.  I skimmed through The Boxcar Children, and put Little House in the Big Woods on my TBR list.  Betsy-Tacy may not be far behind, because each of those series have a heck-ton of nostalgia for me.  People ask why I dress and speak the way I do?  Look no further than the fact that the first book series I read were The Boxcar Children and Little House on the Prairie.

7 hours ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

Ayoooo a fellow mushroom enthusiast!

Well... I have only gone mushroom hunting on occasion, when i am in mushroom country, cause i don't live in a very mushroom rich place. but i do know my way around them and it's super fun whenever i do go, so i guess i'm more of a mushroom connoisseur then an enthusiast.

Those are some good looking mushrooms!

You can find mushrooms in the city too, just down the street from our house there's a spot where every year I get 3 to 4 big, delicious Agaricus Augustus ("the Prince") mushrooms. 

So I went back today to look for more Ls, that's my little joke, and I kid you not, I found the prettiest morels I've ever seen.

20220429_214712.thumb.jpg.1ad39e2e16981ec8a23733d15e350f1b.jpg

And they were gigantic too! Definitely a nice time of year.

20220429_215129.thumb.jpg.1d2ef94db9cc1ad9795777557408abb5.jpg

@Spren of Kindness I was going to upvote your post when I noticed you had the very rare, highly coveted and very short lived reputation of So 1337 Hoid Can't Compete, I took a screenshot of it on my phone in case you wanted a copy of it (it's spoilered below).

Spoiler

626cc10951e1b_Screenshot_20220429-213958_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.0948d3dfe47a7dfa82e6667d7ba600c9.jpg

3 hours ago, Experience said:

I think we finally found M-Bot's account...

Well, I do run on mushrooms and am capable of making extraordinary leaps...of logic that is...

ALRIGHT PEOPLE I'M TAGGING PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN PAYING ATTENTION TO ANYTHING PERTAINING TO MY LOVE LIFE I HAVE THE BEST NEWS

@Szeth's Facepalm @Robin Sedai @Thaidakar the Ghostblood uhhhhhh who else uhhh uhhhhhh @The Wandering Wizard you seem vibey lets get you invested @Morningtide YOU MORNINGTIDE GET OVER HERE. @Spook's biggest fan we are friends so you have to know ab me.

ok i think thats everyone

ok

now

*hem hem* *aheeeeehmm*

ok

so

for those who do not know, on saturday night, i got that random urge to just tell K (crush/best friend, if you know you know) that I like her. So I decided to listen to that urge. (yo wait Inside Out moment eyoo????) On sunday, i contacted several friends asking for advice on how to best do so. While waiting for a response, I grabbed K in the hallway at church and said, verbatim:

"I need to talk to you about something important, preferably this week. When works?"

"I get home around 4:30..."

"Tomorrow 4:40, then?"

"Sure. i guess. (wtf...)"

"Great see you then."

And then I waited.

And waited.

And waited some more. Throughout all of today I had butterflies in my stomach and was very very nervous. I got more advice from friends and got much hyped up.

And then, I went over to her house. She answered the door, and I swear I don't know how she manages to look so. storming. gorgeous. every. single. storming. day. 

So I stall for like 10 minutes, hanging out with her, her sis, her bro, and her dog (all three of which i am also friends with)

And then, we manage to chase off her siblings, and we go under the table hockey table thingy to talk. The convo starts off very slow and awkward, bc i have no idea what i'm doing. and she's just looking at me, saying nothing but being so encouraging. (gods i love this girl)

But I start at the beginning. The very beginning, when I first had a crush on her before covid (before that crush kinda faded and i dated two other girls) before reaching more recent times, when i reference that I had noticed the crush around mid to late February, and then after I binged Arcane with her over spring break, i realized it was legit feelings, not just a crush.

So then I told her, "So I've basically, just had a crush on you for four months. And haven't told you. And been struggling with that. As a sophomore. With homework."

Now, since I'm somehow funny, she starts laughing (which is the most amazing sound in the world dshaoueubao and it's easy for me to make her laugh apparently)

and then she leans in and goes, "c'mere"

and i recoil because confused and dramatic white boi lmao

and she laughs and unrecoils me and then...

SHE KISSES MY CHEEK AND THEN I REALIZE SHE LIKES ME BACK AND THEN I'M ON TOP OF THE MOON ON TOP OF THE WORLD ON TOP OF SATURN ON TOP OF PLUTO I'M SO HAPPY AAAAAAAAAAAAA

so that happens we talk for a bit more (apparently she's also liked me back for some time as well and i was right in my assumptions) and then we just hang out for a while afterwards.

so yeah. i've still got a while to go before it's a full fledged bf/gf situation, but my bestie knows i'm basically in love with her, and she feels similarly. and i'm very happy. like, insanely happy.

thank you for reading.

1 minute ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

I also have a girl I have a crush on and am too nervous to tell her.

does she act like she likes you back?

do you catch her randomly just looking at you, or randomly leaning towards you, or anything similarly?? are you already friends or is this just a classic crush???

Edited by CalanoCorvus