Cool Uses/Combinations of Allomancy and Feruchemy

Kiwi

From the sources we have Atium spikes only steal allomancy. Specifically the psuedocannon rpg which doesn't allow Atium to steal Feruchemy. Unless I'm wrong.
What they didn't realize is that atium (used correctly) could steal ANY of the powers. Think of it as a wild card. With the right knowledge, you could use it to mimic any other spike. It works far better than other spikes as well.

If it can mimic any other spike that implies those that steal feruchemical abilities as well.

I would say that a spike made of atium can steal any abilities but it's unlikely that any other metals could be used to steal non-metallic arts based abilities. Since Atium only exists on Scadrial (and rarely enough there) this explains why none of the other Shardworlds have discovered Hemalurgy. It might also be possible that although Hemalurgy is capable of stealing powers from anyone it is only capable of granting them to Scadralians (No basis for this other than that it should still be tied to Scadrial in some manner IMO)

If it can mimic any other spike that implies those that steal feruchemical abilities as well.

I would say that a spike made of atium can steal any abilities but it's unlikely that any other metals could be used to steal non-metallic arts based abilities. Since Atium only exists on Scadrial (and rarely enough there) this explains why none of the other Shardworlds have discovered Hemalurgy. It might also be possible that although Hemalurgy is capable of stealing powers from anyone it is only capable of granting them to Scadralians (No basis for this other than that it should still be tied to Scadrial in some manner IMO)

The other worlds haven't discovered it because ruin-the source of hemalurgy- is on Scadrial. We need a whole lot more information to understand the nature of magic systems and the proximity they need to their shard(s) to function.

So Atium spikes can steal anything... But Atium is a rare commodity-essentially a splinter(or is it a sliver, I can never remember which is which) It's the physical aspect of Ruin anyway. I would think if it can steal Allomancy it can steal anything. After all Allomancy has nothing to do with Ruin. Anywhere Preservation is should have Allomacy. Anywhere Ruin is should have Hemalurgy.

Although i do remember that the planet itself affects the magic system, so Ruin should always have a power based around the theft of powers in an end negative way while Preservation should always have a set of powers based around pushing and pulling in an end positive way assuming Scadrial granted the metallic bit.

Has anybody written up a theory on how the planets affect the magic systems. because I'm starting to feel the shape things are taking there. (Sel revolves around the shape of Land masses.) The Way of kings seems focused on Spren from the planet along with the storms... So how would Spren Allomancy work? Or Landmass Allomancy... My brain. Too tired to process what I've just thought up.

The other worlds haven't discovered it because ruin-the source of hemalurgy- is on Scadrial. We need a whole lot more information to understand the nature of magic systems and the proximity they need to their shard(s) to function.

I believe that the Shards are only required for the sDNA to mutate and produce abilities, not necessarily to actually use them, and that's why I believe that only scadralians could actually receive the spikes :P If the Shard had to be present just to use the abilities then worldhopping would be impossible.

So Atium spikes can steal anything... But Atium is a rare commodity-essentially a splinter(or is it a sliver, I can never remember which is which) It's the physical aspect of Ruin anyway. I would think if it can steal Allomancy it can steal anything. After all Allomancy has nothing to do with Ruin. Anywhere Preservation is should have Allomacy. Anywhere Ruin is should have Hemalurgy.

Closer to a splinter than a sliver but I don't know if it would actually be termed such by the 17th Shard.

Has anybody written up a theory on how the planets affect the magic systems. because I'm starting to feel the shape things are taking there. (Sel revolves around the shape of Land masses.) The Way of kings seems focused on Spren from the planet along with the storms... So how would Spren Allomancy work? Or Landmass Allomancy... My brain. Too tired to process what I've just thought up.

Not as far as I know but I do like it, WoK also has a focus on gems don't forget. But we should probably avoid discussing anything too spoilerific for other series since this is just the mistborn forum :P But yeah there's definitely a lot of potential for some discussion on that.

I don't know which way I lean as far as Hemalurgy being able to steal other magic systems abilities or just the population of Scadrial... BUT... somewhere it's mentioned that there are hundreds of points of the body for Hemalurgy to work. It's just that TLR couldn't ever figure out all of them w/out the knowledge contained w/in the Shard that he held just long enough to make Inquisiters/Kandra/Koloss.

Sooooo... it is possible that those hundreds of points we don't really know about could be for each of the other Shard's magic systems. Like I said, I don't really know either way, not quite enough info to make anything definitive , but it's possible.

WHAT IF.....

Thousands of years (Or maybe just hundreds) there could be research into Hemalurgy on Scadrial. Possibly w/ the help of Sazed through earring communication thing that he can do (I think? Right? I hope I remember that right). Hemalurgy could very well end up being used in a less destructive way by willingly giving up their ability (maybe on their deathbed or horrific accident, almost like an organ donor).

Would be a different way to make pseudo Mistborn, since it doesn't HAVE to be as grotesque as it has been (Can be as small as earrings, ends of a sword tip, etc). I know there is a loss in power the longer it's out of the body, but could use a Steelrunner Surgeon or something idk...

Anywho, enough of my random thinking... sorry if I've confused any facts, still sorta new to this.

I don't know which way I lean as far as Hemalurgy being able to steal other magic systems abilities or just the population of Scadrial... BUT... somewhere it's mentioned that there are hundreds of points of the body for Hemalurgy to work. It's just that TLR couldn't ever figure out all of them w/out the knowledge contained w/in the Shard that he held just long enough to make Inquisiters/Kandra/Koloss.

Sooooo... it is possible that those hundreds of points we don't really know about could be for each of the other Shard's magic systems. Like I said, I don't really know either way, not quite enough info to make anything definitive , but it's possible.

WHAT IF.....

Thousands of years (Or maybe just hundreds) there could be research into Hemalurgy on Scadrial. Possibly w/ the help of Sazed through earring communication thing that he can do (I think? Right? I hope I remember that right). Hemalurgy could very well end up being used in a less destructive way by willingly giving up their ability (maybe on their deathbed or horrific accident, almost like an organ donor).

Would be a different way to make pseudo Mistborn, since it doesn't HAVE to be as grotesque as it has been (Can be as small as earrings, ends of a sword tip, etc). I know there is a loss in power the longer it's out of the body, but could use a Steelrunner Surgeon or something idk...

Anywho, enough of my random thinking... sorry if I've confused any facts, still sorta new to this.

I like the organ donor misting concept. The issue with hemalurgy is the damage it does to the soul though, not the body. But still a fun idea. I was just imagining a bank of spikeholding coma patients earlier today, preserving the spikes for later use. This was in connection to something else, but a brilliant idea. Pass on the family Spikes and get grandpa in your head as a side affect. Hell, Copper spikes could be all sorts of interesting. I can't let Grandpa go, I'll freeze his mind in this spike and give it to that braindead guy. Better yet, make a Kandra from grandpa and grandma. They'll be together forever.

Edited by Aminar

Haha, I was going to say the same thing Pechvarry :P But at least it brought up an interesting discussion on Luck :)

Had a couple of others that I thought of though...

1.) Would students be searched for Copper Metalmind before taking tests? Or possibly even a Zinc Metalmind?

2.) Can you imagine what an already fantastic tasting meal would be like if you could use Tin either Allomantically or Feruchemically? (I wonder what compounding those 2 would be like... almost like Rachel on that Syfy show Alphas)

I know they are kind of mundane, but still neat to think about how you or I could use Allomancy or Feruchemy in everyday, mundane situations. Or maybe it's just me :lol:

Or you'd taste any hint of spoilage, and every hint of char.

Might be a double-edged sword.

Edited by Voldy

So what about different combinations for Twinborn?

I always thought Wax's combo was really convenient being able to manipulate his weight to Steelpush more. Or would it be Steelpush harder? Idk

A Bronze Ferring/Tin Misting might be slightly better than a normal Tineye. Would be perfect for a stakeout haha.

I know a Nicrosil Ferring isn't fully understood yet, but if I'm correct in my speculation about them storing Allomantic abilities, Twinborns who are Nicrosil Ferrings could be extremely powerful depending on what kind of Misting they are. Again I know it's an assumption, but seems likely with it storing "Investiture"... and it would be WAY cool.

With that post "Traversing the Borders of Time Bubbles", I wonder what would happen if a Slider put up a Time Bubble, and a Steelrunner ran through it really fast. Would it be any different than just walking through it?

Ok enough of all that... any other ideas? Doesn't have to pertain to Twinborn, it could be a combo between 2 people too.

Thats why I love the Alloy of Law setting, with all those twinborns running around.

I've only briefly perused the Mistborn RPG at a friends, but when I get it, gonna have to rerig the game for post-Harmony Scadrail. That the setting I think will be most fun, no Mistborn, but plenty of unique power combinations. Plus steampunk, ;)

I like the organ donor misting concept. The issue with hemalurgy is the damage it does to the soul though, not the body. But still a fun idea. I was just imagining a bank of spikeholding coma patients earlier today, preserving the spikes for later use. This was in connection to something else, but a brilliant idea. Pass on the family Spikes and get grandpa in your head as a side affect. Hell, Copper spikes could be all sorts of interesting. I can't let Grandpa go, I'll freeze his mind in this spike and give it to that braindead guy. Better yet, make a Kandra from grandpa and grandma. They'll be together forever.

Way... WAY creepy.

Or you'd taste any hint of spoilage, and every hint of char.

Might be a double-edged sword.

Haha true, that's kinda why I mentioned that show on Syfy. She's so sensitive w/ all 5 senses it becomes a bad thing.

• Chaos locked this topic