Big Firefight spoilers:

There will be ample time to pity Backtrack if he ever faces his fear and overcomes his corruption. Until then, feel no guilt reveling in his misery. :P

"

That is absolutely impossible. Backtrack, doesn´t have the spine needed to face anything.

Okay, thanks. But still, if he had time to prepare and research an Epic he wanted to fight, he'd be severely overpowered. Also if he wasn't such a sniveling pathetic useless coward...

You know, if we ignore the part where they could just beat him up without his weakness. ;)

The dollar bills weren't working.

Backtrack stood still, shaking with horror as the impact of what he'd' done began to creep up on him. Sparks, had he just... did he really...

As the mountain of a man began to glide towards him, Backtrack felt his whole body go limp.

He'd just attempted to assassinate the most powerful Epic in the Fractured States. And he'd failed.

Steelheart hovered above him, hair flowing in the breeze and his cold eyes boring into his soul. His face was as impassive as the metal he drew his name from, but Backtrack could swear there was a faint look of confusion in his gaze.

"Explain," the High Epic commanded, pulling a twenty-dollar bill from his shirt collar, "why you threw this currency in my direction."

Backtrack gulped. "I..." he began weakly. "I... see, I..."

The High Epic's face grew more irritated. He raised a hand glowing with raw energy--

"I was trying to murder you!" Backtrack squeaked in terror.

Steelheart froze as if slapped, staring at him in what was now unmistakable confusion. He drifted down to the ground, and his cape ceased flowing as if some intangible fan had stopped blowing on it.

"Explain to me, little Epic," Steelheart said slowly, "how you expected this currency would be capable of harming me. I am a god. Bullets deflect from my skin. Explosions do not faze me. Poisons do not so much as slow me down, and electricity passes through me without effect. How did you come to expect that this paper could harm me?"

For a brief moment, Backtrack considered telling the truth. That he'd stood on an empty patch of Newcago turf and seen the bank that once stood over it; that he'd witnessed a man in a superhero t-shirt putting a scar on his cheek in a room filled with crumpled dollar bills.

Somehow, that didn't seem wise. So instead...

"Nobody's ever tried it before," he whimpered. "I just thought I'd get... lucky."

Steelheart stared at the young Epic for what seemed like ages, his glare piercing his soul and threatening to crush his spirit by sheer force of disapproval. Then slowly, in as smooth and strong a movement as a glacier carving a river, his hand moved to his trouser pocket.

"Are-are you going to kill me?" Backtrack asked, voice trembling.

The godlike Epic pulled from his pocket a small and plain mobile phone, upon which he began to enter a series of numbers. "No," he said simply. "My people need entertainment, and you are the most hilariously pathetic creature I have gazed upon in over a decade. To put it in terms you might understand: you're going into the show business."

And thus began a long and steady partnership with the strongest and the weakest Epics in the world. In time, the ratings and critical reception of "The Backtrack Show" caused the past-seeing Epic to be viewed in the same light as Nightwielder, Conflux, or Firefight, as an essential component of Newcago's hierarchy. Its success was largely formulated upon the fact that Backtrack was not told he was a comedian, and was instead told to give dramatic lectures about his life. According to the average Newcagoan, it was hilarious.

Until the episode where the television executives invited Obliteration as a guest star. But that's another story.

Imagine this exchange:

Who´s your manager?

Steelheart.

Some Firefight spoilers follow. Read at your own risk. 

So I was watching Person of Interest, and I wanted to share my actor of choice for Obliteration. 

Jim Caviezel. 

Jim-Caviezel.jpg

Person of Interest is, in my opinion, where he's closest to what I think Obliteration should be. Take a look at some of the scenes from this highlight reel

See, that intensity is exactly what I'd expect from Obliteration. That weatherbeaten look, those haunted eyes—combined with that soft tone of voice, Jim Caviezel could make Obliteration absolutely terrifying. Imagine him reciting that verse from Revelation, about the angel and the great chain, while fastening a chain to David's ankle, all in that soft voice, with those haunted eyes and perhaps a small, bemused smile on his lips. 

Now picture him when David gives him the key to controlling his nightmares. Same soft voice, but a slight bit of hope in his eyes. 

I'm tempted to mail him a copy of Steelheart and Firefight, with all of the Obliteration scenes highlighted and annotated. But I might need someone less insane to do the annotating, because with especially the last scene I mentioned, I think I'd just write "YOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :mellow:

The problem with casting people for Obliteration is that, if I remember right, he´s pretty much based on Jim Butcher.

I vote for a German shepherd or a husky. 

Or, if you want to go for an extra dose of irony, go for a poodle. They're usually mocked, but they're a lot smarter than they look—they're one of the most intelligent dog breeds, in fact. Timeport could laugh at her poodle, the same way he laughs at Angel, only to find too late that both the girl and her dog are smarter and fiercer than they look.

So this:

cute_husky_puppy-wallpaper-800x600.jpg

I like it.

Twi, I really like that casting choice. :)

Oooohhh, we could put all of the sparkly Epics in it. So she'd have Shiny Sparkle, Glamour, um….Quicksilver? 

If  you were to look up the definition of double-take in the dictionary, there would be a picture of me reading this post.

Also, I feel like you guys would appreciate this guy. 

Ladies and Gentlemen, here is a man who can confuse ANYONE. And he's really entertaining.

Please Welcome Reggie Watts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0RU_Nyr4l4

Oooohhh, we could put all of the sparkly Epics in it. So she'd have Shiny Sparkle, Glamour, um….Quicksilver? Since metal is shiny? No? Yeah, having a gleeful murderer in the harem would sort of wreck the whole dynamic. 

Twi, do you remember how I once said I couldn´t take the name Koschei serious? The reason behind that is that there exsists a Youtuber commonly called Koshei, he has the habit of replacing certain swears by saying REGENBOGEN (ger: rainbow). I´ve remembered this because he recently came back from an upload break (one could also say he came back from the dead. ;) )

For that reason I shall flesh out Autumn´s harem with the Epic Rainbow:

cd4ad9811cea84c97d64a76f27031c3b.png

I´m not entirely sure what his powers would be, maybe something about making light solid. That romance novel of yours would probably also sell even better, if we either make him Shiny Sparkle´s Ex or brother. You know, for drama. :P

On the note of Exes, I realized that that potential new backstory for Funtimes would also hold a good deal of implications for her relationship with Nathan, in a history repeats kind of way.

Twi, do you remember how I once said I couldn´t take the name Koschei serious? The reason behind that is that there exsists a Youtuber commonly called Koshei, he has the habit of replacing certain swears by saying REGENBOGEN (ger: rainbow). I´ve remembered this because he recently came back from an upload break (one could also say he came back from the dead. ;) )

For that reason I shall flesh out Autumn´s harem with the Epic Rainbow:

cd4ad9811cea84c97d64a76f27031c3b.png

I´m not entirely sure what his powers would be, maybe something about making light solid. That romance novel of yours would probably also sell even better, if we either make him Shiny Sparkle´s Ex or brother. You know, for drama. :P

On the note of Exes, I realized that that potential new backstory for Funtimes would also hold a good deal of implications for her relationship with Nathan, in a history repeats kind of way.

You have no idea how badly I want to make "regenbogen" Koschei's swear word of choice now. :mellow::P

Autumn is going to have the most noticeable harem in Oregon. And possibly the prettiest. :P

That occurred to me, too, and I wasn't sure if it was good story-wise or bad. On the one hand, she hasn't had her powers long, so there's a chance she could still be somewhat rational about the fact Nathan really has no choice in this situation--in other words, if that's a part of her past, it could make her treatment of Nathan rather inexplicable. On the other hand, it could be a sign of how the corruption is setting in as she uses her powers, making her unwittingly repeat her own history, dishing out what she was forced to take.

Like I said, I'm not entirely sure I want to go there.

You have no idea how badly I want to make "regenbogen" Koschei's swear word of choice now. :mellow::P

Autumn is going to have the most noticeable harem in Oregon. And possibly the prettiest. :P

That occurred to me, too, and I wasn't sure if it was good story-wise or bad. On the one hand, she hasn't had her powers long, so there's a chance she could still be somewhat rational about the fact Nathan really has no choice in this situation--in other words, if that's a part of her past, it could make her treatment of Nathan rather inexplicable. On the other hand, it could be a sign of how the corruption is setting in as she uses her powers, making her unwittingly repeat her own history, dishing out what she was forced to take.

I wouldn't mind that.  :mellow:  :P

It's telling that Autumn began her quest for the prettiest harem in Oregon with Backtrack's glasses rather than the man himself. :P

Personally, I feel that there's been absolutely no indication that Funtimes was aware Nathan didn't want to date her. When she announced that he was officially her boyfriend, she even took a moment to softly ask "Is that okay?"; she seemed genuinely concerned that he might not like her. If she knew precisely how he felt already, her concern would be rather inexplicable, as like Fortuity or Super Hotman, she just wouldn't care.

That's my opinion. It's unclear what she would have done if Nathan had told her the truth, but it does seem pretty clear to me that the thought of him only dating her out of fear hasn't occurred to her.

And now Koschei is german.

Definetly the pretiest. ;) Not sure if that´s something to be jelous about, though. :ph34r:

Suddenly, Funtimes and Nighthound would have a lot more in common. :unsure:

Ray and Nathan suddenly have a lot more in common than we were willing to admit. 

You can find me in my bomb shelter surrounded by alluminum (as a hope that some Cosmere rules cross over and Funtimes can't transform aluminum)

Ray, Nathan and Autumn should have a talk, while Funtimes and Shiny Sparkle go and kill Nighthound.

And now Koschei is german.

Definetly the pretiest. ;) Not sure if that´s something to be jelous about, though. :ph34r:

Suddenly, Funtimes and Nighthound would have a lot more in common. :unsure:

Funny, since Koschei is a character from Russian folklore. ;)

Yeah...:P

See why I don't really want to go there? Yes, she treats him better than Nighthound treats Ray, but the implications are very disturbing. :wacko: So I'm thinking I won't go there.

I think it fits her character better if she's doing it out of selfishness and ignorance. I'd rather keep their relationship mostly innocent, downplaying the implications. Nighthound needs no rival. :o

I don't even want to contemplate Funtimes as Nighthounds rival.

*Runs under covers*

I would pull some witty remark about Nighthound, Funtimes and Shiny Sparkle playing each others foil but I just finished Transistor and that left me a bit melancholic on the topic of romance.

So I won´t. :P

I can see that, really...different shades of selfishness in relationships and how they affect their partners...it's an interesting comparison, possible even without sending Funtimes careening toward Creepsville. :P

Transistor?

I can see that, really...different shades of selfishness in relationships and how they affect their partners...it's an interesting comparison, possible even without sending Funtimes careening toward Creepsville. :P

Transistor?

It also helps that both Funtimes and Shiny Sparkle are colorful woman of mass destruction... and all three have a thing for Redheads. :mellow:

The second game by Supergiant Games, their previous game Bastion was also awesome if I might say so. The premise of the game is that the Protagonist Red, (not ours and fittingly also a redhead) has lost her voice and her friend got imprisononed in some sci-fy sword, called the Transistor and the town is being assimilated by something called the process. That´s all I´m saying about it right here, because I probably won´t do a good job describing it in text. What I can say is that the game´s greates strenght is atmosphere and narrative/narration.