That´s what lorists are for afterall. It´s actually a pretty good name for his powers. Let´s see when we get a chance to name-drop it.

Doctor Game is fairly intelligent, isn't he? And what with his daughter being an Epic, he probably learned as much as he could. So the chances of him picking up a name like that are...better than that of most, I'd say.

Doctor Game is fairly intelligent, isn't he? And what with his daughter being an Epic, he probably learned as much as he could. So the chances of him picking up a name like that are...better than that of most, I'd say.

He does sound like our best canidate and he´ll join the scene in my next post, given that our characters just crashed right into his clinic.

For the record, crashing into a clinic and having someone pull a gun on her date is only the second weirdest first date Autumn has ever had. :ph34r:

Acknowledging it as a first date already. Victory for Shiny Sparkle! :P (Obligatory question, what was the weirdest?)

Kobold, when Backtrack sees someone in the past can he use his ability to tell where people where to figure out where they went afterwards?

Acknowledging it as a first date already. Victory for Shiny Sparkle! :P (Obligatory question, what was the weirdest?)

Kobold, when Backtrack sees someone in the past can he use his ability to tell where people where to figure out where they went afterwards?

Let's just say the blind date began with him using "Does your family own any cattle?" as a sort of pickup line, and ended when Deathwish came to town.

One or two less than last time Joe asked. (Not to point finger but it´s been literally two weeks since Kobold wrote his last post in one of the RP´s.)

Augh, sorry.  :unsure: I've been working harder in Real Life here lately, and I've been putting a lot of my free time into the Question thread and lengthy PM conversations. I'll really try to get something written.

Sorry, guys.

I confess I don't quite understand the question. He can definitely use his power to track people; he could potentially use it to chart out a person's entire day.

Augh, sorry.  :unsure: I've been working harder in Real Life here lately, and I've been putting a lot of my free time into the Question thread and lengthy PM conversations. I'll really try to get something written.

Sorry, guys.

I confess I don't quite understand the question. He can definitely use his power to track people; he could potentially use it to chart out a person's entire day.

Don´t worry to much, as the saying goes RL first.

What I mean is, if Backtrack would right now stand in my living room and looks into the past until he sees me when I was last there, could he track down the place I´m in right now?

And here´s a random thought I had: Epics power level are related to how much fear people had of them before they turned into Epics. Steelheart was a bully, Regalia a judge and Prof a teacher, which as we all know terrify their students to no end.

What I mean is, if Backtrack would right now stand in my living room and looks into the past until he sees me when I was last there, could he track down the place I´m in right now?

And here´s a random thought I had: Epics power level are related to how much fear people had of them before they turned into Epics. Steelheart was a bully, Regalia a judge and Prof a teacher, which as we all know terrify their students to no end.

This raises two questions.

1. Why didn't more third-world dictators receive powers? Granted the book would be rather odd if David had to fight a superpowered Kim Jong Un, but it seems like he would have mentioned that dictators and even world leaders were among the first to become Epics.

2. What the heck was Obliteration before Calamity?

I wouldn't feel particularly guilty, except that there's a healthy dose of procrastination on my part as well.  :unsure: As the RP at large becomes more eloquent, popular, and iconic over the forum at large, I tend to get a bit more anxious about posting. It's not a big deal and I can overcome that anxiety when I try, but it does tend to slow me down. (I'm occasionally visited by Writer's Block as well, which doesn't help at all.)

Yes; Backtrack could track you to your current location, provided that you're not a teleporter. And even if you were, he could peer into your head at a certain moment and could find out where precisely you were heading. His potential for tracking people is almost limitless; he could even uncover the location of an astral projector like Regalia or Neverthere if he tried.

That's a very interesting point, actually. I wonder if there's actually a connection; it would certainly fit the fear-centric theme Calamity seems to follow.

I wouldn't feel particularly guilty, except that there's a healthy dose of procrastination on my part as well.  :unsure: As the RP at large becomes more eloquent, popular, and iconic over the forum at large, I tend to get a bit more anxious about posting. It's not a big deal and I can overcome that anxiety when I try, but it does tend to slow me down. (I'm occasionally visited by Writer's Block as well, which doesn't help at all.)

Yes; Backtrack could track you to your current location, provided that you're not a teleporter. And even if you were, he could peer into your head at a certain moment and could find out where precisely you were heading. His potential for tracking people is almost limitless; he could even uncover the location of an astral projector like Regalia or Neverthere if he tried.

That's a very interesting point, actually. I wonder if there's actually a connection; it would certainly fit the fear-centric theme Calamity seems to follow.

In that case Backtrack will get a new job soon. :ph34r: (I can´t believe I didn´t think of that until now.)

The idea came when realizing that something like Steelheart´s powers just wouldn´t fit with Backtrack and it went from there. Sadly, it doesn´t exactly fit with all of my Epics. :P

In that case Backtrack will get a new job soon. :ph34r: (I can´t believe I didn´t think of that until now.)

The idea came when realizing that something like Steelheart´s powers just wouldn´t fit with Backtrack and it went from there. Sadly, it doesn´t exactly fit with all of my Epics. :P

That sounds ominous.  :ph34r: Will it be a job he'll enjoy?

I think if Steve Lawrence had received Steelheart's powers, he'd be a very different and far worse person. As it is his powers have only a moderately corrupting effect, bringing out his most cowardly and apathetic personality traits. Even at his worst he has no desire to murder. If he had to deal with the corruption of a High Epic's level of power, he'd probably turn into Fortuity.  :wacko:

Did you want Panacea's thoughts in summary, or should I write something out for her thought process on the day she left?

In fairness, his hands wouldn't be free of blood. The day he took power and told people to "Bow before the great and powerful Steve!" would be the day thousands died laughing.

That sounds ominous.  :ph34r: Will it be a job he'll enjoy?

I think if Steve Lawrence had received Steelheart's powers, he'd be a very different and far worse person. As it is his powers have only a moderately corrupting effect, bringing out his most cowardly and apathetic personality traits. Even at his worst he has no desire to murder. If he had to deal with the corruption of a High Epic's level of power, he'd probably turn into Fortuity.  :wacko:

It will pay the cost of his treatment. :P (You may have guessed it from Twi´s response. His job will be to track down Baxter´s daughter.)

Don´t start pretending he could have a spine now. :P

Did you want Panacea's thoughts in summary, or should I write something out for her thought process on the day she left?

In fairness, his hands wouldn't be free of blood. The day he took power and told people to "Bow before the great and powerful Steve!" would be the day thousands died laughing.

Whatever you prefer, at this point I´m more interested at how the connection with Portland will play out.

It will pay the cost of his treatment. :P (You may have guessed it from Twi´s response. His job will be to track down Baxter´s daughter.)

Don´t start pretending he could have a spine now. :P

Whatever you prefer, at this point I´m more interested at how the connection with Portland will play out.

Was Fortuity like Backtrack at one point, ready to run screaming from his own shadow the second he saw himself get set on fire in front of a mirror? :mellow:

I'm up for either. Once he knows where to look, the possibilities are virtually endless.

Was Fortuity like Backtrack at one point, ready to run screaming from his own shadow the second he saw himself get set on fire in front of a mirror? :mellow:

I'm up for either. Once he knows where to look, the possibilities are virtually endless.

I like to think so. :P Fortuity and Backtrack make pretty good opposites, though.

Yeah, so far Backtrack and the Momentum Twins have comprised most of the current crossover between Portland and The Dalles. It'll be interesting to see the other connections explored more thoroughly.

Especially if exploring this involves Backtrack entering Thoughttown. There are many myriad ways in which Backtrack could get himself into trouble there. :P

I like to think so. :P Fortuity and Backtrack make pretty good opposites, though.

Yeah, so far Backtrack and the Momentum Twins have comprised most of the current crossover between Portland and The Dalles. It'll be interesting to see the other connections explored more thoroughly.

Especially if exploring this involves Backtrack entering Thoughttown. There are many myriad ways in which Backtrack could get himself into trouble there. :P

It could turn out very fun or desasterous, when we have to sync up their timelines as well. :P

He could however, also meet Voidgaze, which seems like a plus. The one person that might actually not look down on him for his whining.

One knows the future, while bound to the present. One knows the past, blind to his future.

One is a ruthless murderer, searching for the woman who destroyed his car. One is a lover of sci-fi, searching for his spine.

Together, they will find love where they least--

Wait.

Where'd the wimpy one go?

You-- you mean he heard who he'd be shipped with and just took off?

He does realize the other half of this slashfic is clairvoyant, right?

It could turn out very fun or desasterous, when we have to sync up their timelines as well. :P

He could however, also meet Voidgaze, which seems like a plus. The one person that might actually not look down on him for his whining.

True. :P

They'd be very cute as friends.

One knows the future, while bound to the present. One knows the past, blind to his future.

One is a ruthless murderer, searching for the woman who destroyed his car. One is a lover of sci-fi, searching for his spine.

Together, they will find love where they least--

Wait.

Where'd the wimpy one go?

You-- you mean he heard who he'd be shipped with and just took off?

He does realize the other half of this slashfic is clairvoyant, right?

I laughed at that far more than I should.  :lol:

de42c5a0500fdd0a0882a4b468ce768f.png

True. :P

They'd be very cute as friends.

I laughed at that far more than I should.  :lol:

de42c5a0500fdd0a0882a4b468ce768f.png

Just make sure he doesn´t set his hopes to high... actually didn´t we joke about her gettin a harem just yesterday? :P

He really doesn´t like to be stood up. (I wonder if being attracted to a guy would also set of his weakness.)

Edited by Edgedancer