I'll have to wait until tonight to post, I've got my first day of classes startin' in a little under an hour.

sigh.....

I feel you. Last semester, I wound up with not one, but three profs who all thought their class was the only one that mattered. Though, in fairness, the prof for my toughest class did give us the week off from online discussions during finals week. 

Good luck. 

After bing enlightened by the Ship mistress I have to wonder, who would Backtrack be suited to date a pine cone?

What do you mean? Do you mean Backtrack dates someone as a pine cone, or someone else, as a pine cone, dates Backtrack? 

Because if it's the first one, then the answer is "anyone." Pinecone!Backtrack is endlessly ship-able. 

If it's the second, I think the best answer is "Regalia or Steelheart." They're much less scary in pine cone form. 

What do you mean? Do you mean Backtrack dates someone as a pine cone, or someone else, as a pine cone, dates Backtrack? 

Because if it's the first one, then the answer is "anyone." Pinecone!Backtrack is endlessly ship-able. 

If it's the second, I think the best answer is "Regalia or Steelheart." They're much less scary in pine cone form. 

I actually meant it in the same way the great and powerful Trixie got shipped with a pine cone buuuuut... him dressed as a pine cone does sound endlesly hilarious. :P

Also, get Steelheart into that costume, it´s our only hope to defeat him. :ph34r:

I actually meant it in the same way the great and powerful Trixie got shipped with a pine cone buuuuut... him dressed as a pine cone does sound endlesly hilarious. :P

Also, get Steelheart into that costume, it´s our only hope to defeat him. :ph34r:

No one in the forest would ever get any sleep. Pinecone!Backtrack would roll around the forest floor all night, screaming "AGH DON'T STEP ON ME PLEASE DON'T STEP ON MEEEEEEEE!" 

….up until this moment, I thought there was nothing that could possibly improve the final battle scene in Steelheart. 

tumblr_mix6pqlbli1qir88ko7_250.gif

No one in the forest would ever get any sleep. Pinecone!Backtrack would roll around the forest floor all night, screaming "AGH DON'T STEP ON ME PLEASE DON'T STEP ON MEEEEEEEE!" 

….up until this moment, I thought there was nothing that could possibly improve the final battle scene in Steelheart. 

tumblr_mix6pqlbli1qir88ko7_250.gif

Poor Backtrack, not only is he now a pine cone but depending on how things go other people will use hs powers more effectively than he himself ever would.

Now we also need to dress up Prof, maybe in a beaker? :P

Poor Backtrack, not only is he now a pine cone but depending on how things go other people will use hs powers more effectively than he himself ever would.

Now we also need to dress up Prof, maybe in a beaker? :P

I doubt they'd turn into an alicorn, though.

A somewhat grouchy beaker that calls everybody "son." I'm kind of liking this idea. :P

I think I´ve decided on a power set for Rainbow:

First of course is the rainbow dash, the ability to move with the speed of light, by transforming into rainbow-colored light.

Further rainbow-colored powers are his ability to shoot laser beams and solidify small amounts of light that is about as durable as steel. At any point in time he can create enough to form a sword or a shield, he can only create it where he has skin contact with light. Lastly, he gets X-Ray vision.

Not sure If I´ll ever do anything with him but I think I´ll add him into Shiny Sparkle´s backstory as an Ex. Afterall, we need an replacement for the ones Funtimes used to have. :P

First of course is the rainbow dash, the ability to move with the speed of light, by transforming into rainbow-colored light.

Further rainbow-colored powers are his ability to shoot laser beams and solidify small amounts of light that is about as durable as steel. At any point in time he can create enough to form a sword or a shield, he can only create it where he has skin contact with light. Lastly, he gets X-Ray vision.

Not sure If I´ll ever do anything with him but I think I´ll add him into Shiny Sparkle´s backstory as an Ex. Afterall, we need an replacement for the ones Funtimes used to have. :P

This game needs at least one Epic with a fondness for color and a League of Evil Exes, and I'm glad to hear Shiny Sparkle will fill that void. :P

I like Rainbow, by the way.

This game needs at least one Epic with a fondness for color and a League of Evil Exes, and I'm glad to hear Shiny Sparkle will fill that void. :P

I like Rainbow, by the way.

I just realized, does that make Autumn Scott Pilgrim? Although, she doesn´t exactly have a whole league yet. ;)

That´s what Shiny Sparkle thought as well, but you know how things go: You meet an Epic, he has some nice colorful powers and you think maybe he can understand you. Then he isn´t really something for you afteral, isn´t even a glasses person so things just don´t work out. It´s not even your fault, it´s all him but does he listen? Of course not! :P

That´s actually something I hadn´t even considered yet. With random time jumps it´s a bit hard to make out but he gave the Dalles at least one hour plus however long his nap was to get into formation ect, while only under minor attacks. At first I thought that might have been because of that diplomat pig he sent to Vondra but he didn´t even wait for a response, soooo... very inconsistent leader with bad tactical sense? :huh:

Yeah, I can't fathom why he wouldn't have started with a mad onslaught of various animals that would've shocked the Dalles's citizens and leaders. This way, he let them kill some of his animals and learn about him in the meantime. Now that they understand it a bit, they won't be too surprised when other animals come.

I heard a true story I think you'll all enjoy.

A 9th century Viking called Hastein wanted to pillage Rome, but was unable to scale the walls. So he showed up on a stretcher, had his men tell the city officials he wanted to convert to Christianity before he died, and managed to smuggle 50 armed men inside for the funeral. To no one's surprise, Hastein leaped from his coffin and joined his men in pillaging the city.

When the destruction was complete, Hastein learned that the city they had invaded was called Luna.

They were 250 miles from Rome.

A 9th century Viking called Hastein wanted to pillage Rome, but was unable to scale the walls. So he showed up on a stretcher, had his men tell the city officials he wanted to convert to Christianity before he died, and managed to smuggle 50 armed men inside for the funeral. To no one's surprise, Hastein leaped from his coffin and joined his men in pillaging the city.

When the destruction was complete, Hastein learned that the city they had invaded was called Luna.

There are so many potential morals to this story.

• Don't trust Vikings;
  • Converting old enemies is fine, but do so outside of your city walls;
  • Vikings are capable of smuggling up to fifty armed men into a funeral;
  • Stretchers are more effective than the Trojan Horse;
  • Pay attention to geography, or you'll end up sacking the wrong city.

And last but not least: there was a Roman city named Luna, which is the most awesome city name I've heard all week. Thanks a lot for wrecking it, Hastein.  <_<  :P

Yeah, I can't fathom why he wouldn't have started with a mad onslaught of various animals that would've shocked the Dalles's citizens and leaders. This way, he let them kill some of his animals and learn about him in the meantime. Now that they understand it a bit, they won't be too surprised when other animals come.

Given that Panda doesn´t really seem to check in here often, do we bring this up to him again or just let it go?

He thought they could take Rome with only 51 men? :huh: It´s no wonder they got the wrong city. :P

Edited by Edgedancer

Hastein (or Hastin, depending on whatever interpretation you have) was one of my favorite historical stories. Maybe it was because it reflected a similar mistake I made in real life.  -_-  

From the lack of response to the diplomat pig, I was guessing no one was going to pick up from the que. As for the level-headness of The Panda, players of Sanderson Elimination will know that I can be, at times, a (cough) perfectly calm, non-erratic (cough) and reasonable player that makes sense (vomit). I suppose I could chalk The Panda's erraticness up to being a fanatic zealot determined to transform the whole of mankind into pandas.  <_<

Rainbow should also have a passive ability to always be fabulously dressed, obviously.

Also: that is a cool story, Twilyght.

Hastein (or Hastin, depending on whatever interpretation you have) was one of my favorite historical stories. Maybe it was because it reflected a similar mistake I made in real life.  -_-  

From the lack of response to the diplomat pig, I was guessing no one was going to pick up from the que. As for the level-headness of The Panda, players of Sanderson Elimination will know that I can be, at times, a (cough) perfectly calm, non-erratic (cough) and reasonable player that makes sense (vomit). I suppose I could chalk The Panda's erraticness up to being a fanatic zealot determined to transform the whole of mankind into pandas.  <_<

And thus appeared a glorious Panda to proof my foolish statement false... or at least parts of it. ;)

For stuff like whether or not someone´s going to react to the pig it´s wise to first ask, either by Question or by PM, before drawing conclusions.

Rainbow should also have a passive ability to always be fabulously dressed, obviously.

Also: that is a cool story, Twilyght.

He´s an Epic, they all always dress in style. Just look at Backtrack for proof... all right I´m kidding. :lol:

Just realized Corpsemaker still needs an entry for coold shades.

I just realized.

If Shiny Sparkle is now the one with the League of Evil Exes, does that mean Obliteration might be a part of it? :o

<_< Sure and he´s going to try and kill Autumn for seducing Shiny Sparkle away from him. Seems like he destroyed Oregon afterall.

The other members of the league are less insane and more eccentric, though. Assuming I ever get around designing them.

I just realized.

If Shiny Sparkle is now the one with the League of Evil Exes, does that mean Obliteration might be a part of it? :o

Nope, like Nighthound Obliteration is forbidden from being shipped with anyone.