They're just a security precaution! They're not to hurt anyone. Unless they get too close. But there's no closet, I swear! 

The compilation's going exactly like anyone could have predicted so far. TwiLyght's writing quality prose about terrifying mechanical alligators, while most of my portion so far revolves around Sam eating a slice of pizza. :P

I must warn that if a disco ball gets within 5 km of Tillamook I may need counselling.

Would it help if I made Funtimes a hater of disco? 

The compilation's going exactly like anyone could have predicted so far. TwiLyght's writing quality prose about terrifying mechanical alligators, while most of my portion so far revolves around Sam eating a slice of pizza. :P

And feeding it to an adorable pug. :P 

I shall make an antagonist in her backstory a Gloria Gaynor fan, then. :P

No, I don't think I have. 

It's about this guy:

Kingsman-Pug.png

Also I think his owner was training to be a spy and save the world or something. But yeah, this is clearly the main character of the movie.

Guys, we're already on page 94. At this rate, soon we'll have more Question threads than pages in WHiP :P

Just a few away from 97 now. :P

Lightsworn Panda, I charge you in the name of Brandon Sanderson himself to post that meme on the "New Reputation Levels" thread when I ultimately pass 9000 upvotes. :P

I shall duly prepare for the deluge of complaints and downvotes that will follow that post.

give it a day or two and you'll need that post ready, Panda.

Dang, I keep forgetting how verbose the Question threads are. 30+ pages read in one sitting...

That was alot of pugs.

Winter, Fade's ability causes him to cease existing, so there wouldn't be a heartbeat for her to find, since he doesn't technically exist at the moment.

I also wanted to come on record saying that writing the scene where one of your characters shoots Nighthound in the head is incredibly therapeutic.

Would you mind cha king the MEE PM? Or should I say, Alan? :P

But the people who replaced the tree with a fruit tree didn't realize the fruit they replaced it with was Lightward's weakness.

Thus ends the infinite cycle of trees.

A fruit that sets off Lightwards' weakness is more morbidly hilarious than you can know. :mellow::lol:

Wow. Yes it is. :/

I'm reading a sporking of a book I read as a kid. In the book, a pair of siblings are whisked off to prehistoric times where they encounter a real pteranodon. Jack, the elder sibling, decides to take notes. The person reading/mocking the book points out that whoever found those notes would have to read them out of context. His notes are as follows:

fuzzy skin

small brain?

mouth like scissors

It reminded me of Lightwards for some reason. :huh::lol:

I'm reading a sporking of a book I read as a kid. In the book, a pair of siblings are whisked off to prehistoric times where they encounter a real pteranodon. Jack, the elder sibling, decides to take notes. The person reading/mocking the book points out that whoever found those notes would have to read them out of context. His notes are as follows:

fuzzy skin

small brain?

mouth like scissors

Magic Treehouse? That was my childhood. :D

fuzzy skin

small brain?

mouth like scissors

Mine too. ^_^ Only now that I'm seeing it again as an adult, I'm realizing what low standards I had as a kid. :mellow:

fuzzy skin

small brain?

mouth like scissors

Mine too. ^_^ Only now that I'm seeing it again as an adult, I'm realizing what low standards I had as a kid. :mellow:

Very true. I lost interest once I started reading real fantasy books. :P (actually, even those weren't all that great. :P)

Alright Mailliw, finally put together an Altermind Epic file. Now with 25% more neck birthmark:

74c30abc9c63984a6c15cf231fae296a.png

Once I started playing around with it, I realized I was way out of practice. So I did a second with things shuffled around a bit:

15b1553f7a6d62dbfff677a523b1da63.png

Take your pick! Or ask me to do it all over again. I could do that.

fuzzy skin
small brain?
mouth like scissors

Magic Treehouse. The science of my youth. :D My standards have risen far above them now, but I used to love those books.

Alright Mailliw, finally put together an Altermind Epic file. Now with 25% more neck birthmark:

74c30abc9c63984a6c15cf231fae296a.png

Once I started playing around with it, I realized I was way out of practice. So I did a second with things shuffled around a bit:

15b1553f7a6d62dbfff677a523b1da63.png

Take your pick! Or ask me to do it all over again. I could do that.

fuzzy skin

small brain?

mouth like scissors

Magic Treehouse. The science of my youth. :D My standards have risen far above them now, but I used to love those books.

Thanksgiving! I like the first. :)

This new block quote thing could get messy real quick in here.

Very true. I lost interest once I started reading real fantasy books. :P (actually, even those weren't all that great. :P)

Same here. I found Ella Enchanted and that was the end of Magic Tree House for me. (Okay, so the made-up languages in that book were terrible, and the societies she came across didn't make a whole lot of sense, but that was one of the best Cinderella retelling a I've ever read.) And then LotR blew EE out if the water.

My most emberassing secret to other readers:

Haven't actually read LOTRs.

I hadn't until last spring, so it's okay. :P
Mine: After reading LotR, I read Eragon. Not only did I think it was good, but I wished I could write like Paolini.

I was also 15, so I guess there's that? :P

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Thanksgiving! I like the first. :)

This new block quote thing could get messy real quick in here.

Glad you like it. ^_^ I wanted to add the line "According to contemporary sources, he was 'a slontze,'" but I ran out of the space I'd assigned for myself. :P

And I agree wholeheartedly. I prefer the other quoting mechanism by far, which I stated on the site maintenance thread.

My most emberassing secret to other readers:

Haven't actually read LOTRs.

Me neither. :mellow: I've read a lot of Robert Heinlein though, so it... sort of evens out? Kind of? :P

"Jack tells Annie that in the future she can't just go running into dinosaur nests because the mother is always nearby. I'm sure this is going to be very relevant advice that Annie can utilize for the rest of her life."

If Jack and Annie move to Oregon, this is going to be the best advice she's ever heard.

"Jack tells Annie that in the future she can't just go running into dinosaur nests because the mother is always nearby. I'm sure this is going to be very relevant advice that Annie can utilize for the rest of her life."

If Jack and Annie move to Oregon, this is going to be the best advice she's ever heard.

Only if you consider Lightwards to be a dinosaur mother.

...Aaaaaand now I'm picturing Lightwards in a skirt and blouse while squatting over a nest of dinosaur eggs. :mellow: STORMING IMAGINATION

Only if you consider Lightwards to be a dinosaur mother.

...Aaaaaand now I'm picturing Lightwards in a skirt and blouse while squatting over a nest of dinosaur eggs. :mellow: STORMING IMAGINATION

If so, he's kind of a terrible mother. "Leap to your deaths, kids! Mommy will fix you up when she feels like it!"

Still not as terrifying as Lycra!Lightwards. :mellow:

If so, he's kind of a terrible mother. "Leap to your deaths, kids! Mommy will fix you up when she feels like it!"

Still not as terrifying as Lycra!Lightwards. :mellow:

Is there a version of CPS that monitors dinosaur hatchling-related abuse cases? If not, then there should be. :P

What if Lightwards squatted over a nest of dinosaurs while wearing lycra? :mellow:

Is there a version of CPS that monitors dinosaur hatchling-related abuse cases? If not, then there should be. :P

What if Lightwards squatted over a nest of dinosaurs while wearing lycra? :mellow:

Lightwards would be their only case, but they would need multiple caseworkers to handle all the violations he had. :P

[ENDLESS ENDLESS SCREAMING]

Lightwards would be their only case, but they would need multiple caseworkers to handle all the violations he had. :P

[ENDLESS ENDLESS SCREAMING]

After a budget cut, the Dinosaur Protection Service fired all their caseworkers and phoned Remington to tell him Lightwards' weakness. The money for that phone bill was deemed to the best money the government had ever spent. :P

I solemnly swear I will not ponify Lycra!Lightwards. I solemnly swear I will not ponify Lycra!Lightwards. I solemnly swear I will not ponify Lycra!Lightwards. I solemnly swear I will not ponify Lycra!Lightwards. I solemnly swear I will not ponify Lycra!Lightwards...

Edited by Kobold King