Hey all, I just finished a new character.

All thoughts, concerns and questions welcome.

Meet Soul: 

Epic Name: Soul

Primary Power: Possession. Soul’s main power is the ability to take control of a person’s body and make it her own. While Possessing another’s form her own body falls into a sort of death-like stasis. In this state her body does not age, require food, water or air. She moves from host to host, staying in a body for as long as she needs or desires. Epics, oddly, have proven immune to her power. Though she has tried many times to Possess one. Humans on the other hand, are very susceptible. With only the strong-willed being able to resist her, and even then only for a short time. Upon the death of the body she is currently inhabiting, her Essence immediately moves to the closest human host. This involuntary “jump” can be very disorienting, rendering her harmless for a short while. The range at which she is able to make a Jump, whether voluntary or not, is speculated to be around a mile. It is unclear what happens to a host’s mind while she is inhabiting them, as none so far have survived the experience.

Secondary Power: None.

Weakness(es): Pm'd to the GM.  

Appearance: Changes frequently, the appearance of her own body a closely guarded secret.

Name: Alecia Feldren

Home City: Minneapolis

Sounds cool, I have a possession Epic too, although he doesn't automatically shift when he dies and his body disappears while he's possessing someone/something (He usually possesses animals not people)

With Lockvault I wouldn´t wait for Astoria, the power level there is planned to high for this fellow.

First of al, if I turn out lookng pedantic, don´t worry about it. I´m probably going to be fine with just about every solution, even if it isn´t completly in compliance with canon. Just think we should talk about it first.

Okay, so I´ll talk about Firefight in a second and I´m not sure how spoilery it will turn out, so I´m just going to place it in a spoiler.

The think with storing emotions is that it could also store fear and getting rid of that would completely change the way the Epic's mind works. Given that Calamity has shown to posses some control over the power Epics get and the scale of said power I just find it unlikely that he would give out such a power.

Conflux and Dawnslight are very bad data points for Lockvault. Conflux not being corrupted has nothing to do his powers not being directly harmful, in fact we know that even Epics with powers that can´t be used offensively at all, like illusions get corrupted. The reason he didn´t get corrupted is because he was imprisoned and forced to gift away all of his power to Enforcment, so he couldn´t use any of the power himself and even then the book implies that his powers had negative effects on the members of Enforcment.

Dawnslight, well he´s just an anomaly in every regard, concerning Epics. He appeared at the same time as Calamity even though Epics supposedly only appeared a year later, he has sweet dreams instead of nightmares ect. For all we know he wasn´t even created by Calamity.

Regarding all of that being apathic towards other people and not wanting to hurt them still is kind of an odd match. From what we know the primary impulse isn´t to kill. It´s to think they are more important than others. Killing, for whatever reason serves them is just a result of that. Unless they get stuck in their Rending like Obliteration.

On another note, did I read the post right that he just slaughtered some people to get food? Because that would make the entire discussion pointles and instead raise the question how he didn´t get killed himself, if he went into a town and just started killing people, given that he isn´t a high Epic.

No real problems I could see, apart what I would have for all mind controllers, the possibility to take away the control of another players character.

I assume her weakness would send her back to her own body?

Her weakness actually traps her in whatever body she's in, making it possible to kill her while in that body. As for the problem of taking over other player's characters, I'll try to avoid it as much as possible, and if I do happen to want to I'd make sure to discuss it with the player before anything happened. 

Hey all, I just finished a new character.

All thoughts, concerns and questions welcome.

Meet Soul: 

Epic Name: Soul

Primary Power: Possession. Soul’s main power is the ability to take control of a person’s body and make it her own. While Possessing another’s form her own body falls into a sort of death-like stasis. In this state her body does not age, require food, water or air. She moves from host to host, staying in a body for as long as she needs or desires. Epics, oddly, have proven immune to her power. Though she has tried many times to Possess one. Humans on the other hand, are very susceptible. With only the strong-willed being able to resist her, and even then only for a short time. Upon the death of the body she is currently inhabiting, her Essence immediately moves to the closest human host. This involuntary “jump” can be very disorienting, rendering her harmless for a short while. The range at which she is able to make a Jump, whether voluntary or not, is speculated to be around a mile. It is unclear what happens to a host’s mind while she is inhabiting them, as none so far have survived the experience.

Secondary Power: None.

Weakness(es): Pm'd to the GM.  

Appearance: Changes frequently, the appearance of her own body a closely guarded secret.

Name: Alecia Feldren

Home City: Minneapolis

She sounds awesome! I look forward to seeing her in action. :) Can she possess animals or is she limited to humans?

(As a side note, not directly connected with Soul: with the number of players' vanilla characters in the RP, is it really necessary to keep including the "cannot effect Epics" restriction? If I recall correctly such restrictions were originally meant to protect player characters, but many players have pretty important vanilla characters now.)

Edited by Kobold King

Sounds cool, I have a possession Epic too, although he doesn't automatically shift when he dies and his body disappears while he's possessing someone/something (He usually possesses animals not people)

Cool! I could see the two of them get along(:

She sounds awesome! I look forward to seeing her in action. :) Can she possess animals or is she limited to humans?

(As a side note, not directly connected with Soul: with the number of players' vanilla characters in the RP, is it really necessary to keep including the "cannot effect Epics" restriction? If I recall correctly such restrictions were originally meant to protect player characters, but many players have pretty important vanilla characters now.)

Thanks Kobold!(: No she cannot possess animals. 

As for the whole "can't effect Epics" thing: I did partially put that in their as a safe guard for other people's characters, but I also don't want her to be too over powered. I mean using another Epic like a puppet? That's kinda broken(:

Edit: Apologies for the double post, I didn't post my response to Voidus fast enough it seems.

Edited by lwd24era

Yeah I think it was also partly for power-balancing reasons. In the case of possession being able to use the powers of any Epic you encounter is pretty OP. But I do agree that it may be a bit less important now. We have a GM for just this reason, if someone does something to someone else's character without permission Twi can settle the dispute. Not sure about some abilities though, like with Bioterror and other characters with an insta-kill ability.

With Lockvault I wouldn´t wait for Astoria, the power level there is planned to high for this fellow.

First of al, if I turn out lookng pedantic, don´t worry about it. I´m probably going to be fine with just about every solution, even if it isn´t completly in compliance with canon. Just think we should talk about it first.

Okay, so I´ll talk about Firefight in a second and I´m not sure how spoilery it will turn out, so I´m just going to place it in a spoiler.

The think with storing emotions is that it could also store fear and getting rid of that would completely change the way the Epic's mind works. Given that Calamity has shown to posses some control over the power Epics get and the scale of said power I just find it unlikely that he would give out such a power.

Conflux and Dawnslight are very bad data points for Lockvault. Conflux not being corrupted has nothing to do his powers not being directly harmful, in fact we know that even Epics with powers that can´t be used offensively at all, like illusions get corrupted. The reason he didn´t get corrupted is because he was imprisoned and forced to gift away all of his power to Enforcment, so he couldn´t use any of the power himself and even then the book implies that his powers had negative effects on the members of Enforcment.

Dawnslight, well he´s just an anomaly in every regard, concerning Epics. He appeared at the same time as Calamity even though Epics supposedly only appeared a year later, he has sweet dreams instead of nightmares ect. For all we know he wasn´t even created by Calamity.

Regarding all of that being apathic towards other people and not wanting to hurt them still is kind of an odd match. From what we know the primary impulse isn´t to kill. It´s to think they are more important than others. Killing, for whatever reason serves them is just a result of that. Unless they get stuck in their Rending like Obliteration.

On another note, did I read the post right that he just slaughtered some people to get food? Because that would make the entire discussion pointles and instead raise the question how he didn´t get killed himself, if he went into a town and just started killing people, given that he isn´t a high Epic.

No real problems I could see, apart what I would have for all mind controllers, the possibility to take away the control of another players character.

I assume her weakness would send her back to her own body?

Major Firefight spoilers.

The other thing that makes Conflux a poor data point is the strong implication that he is not driven by fear. Facing one's fear removes the corruption, and the implication is that Conflux did this somewhere along the line. The contrast between him and Prof is pretty stark, so even gifting wouldn't give him the control he had.

Her weakness actually traps her in whatever body she's in, making it possible to kill her while in that body. As for the problem of taking over other player's characters, I'll try to avoid it as much as possible, and if I do happen to want to I'd make sure to discuss it with the player before anything happened. 

Interesting, so would that also reset her current body as the one left in stasis?

All I could ever ask for. ;)

I think so yes, for one there´s the power level argument others mentioned. However, the books also flat out state that Epic powers intervere with each other, not gifting to other Epics and so on, so I´m willing to bet money that mind controling other Epics also wouldn´t work.

Interesting, so would that also reset her current body as the one left in stasis?

All I could ever ask for. ;)

I think so yes, for one there´s the power level argument others mentioned. However, the books also flat out state that Epic powers intervere with each other, not gifting to other Epics and so on, so I´m willing to bet money that mind controling other Epics also wouldn´t work.

If she's killed in a host body(using her weakness), her own body dies as well.

As for the interference, I agree. (:

I don't know about that though, presumably mental illusionists powers still work on Epics so it does somewhat follow that mind control would too, perhaps the mind controlled Epic wouldn't be able to use their powers due to interference I suppose. Deathpoint obviously expected his powers to work too, although that's noticeably affecting an Epics body not their mind I suppose.

If she's killed in a host body(using her weakness), her own body dies as well.

As for the interference, I agree. (:

What I meant is if her oiginal body is in satsis and then her weakness is activated would the body she´s currently possesing be her new default body and her original one die or would she return to normal after her weakness stops affecting her.

What I meant is if her oiginal body is in satsis and then her weakness is activated would the body she´s currently possesing be her new default body and her original one die or would she return to normal after her weakness stops affecting her.

The latter. 

Welcome, lwd! Great to see you again!  :)

As I have said to Kobold, I plan to have The Panda retreat to the ground whilst giving Vondra a death-stare, cursing him to have nightmares about cute'n cuddly baby pandas. The pandafication of a few unlucky humans that I planned for this chapter shall be delayed for the next chapter.

Welcome, lwd! Great to see you again!  :)

As I have said to Kobold, I plan to have The Panda retreat to the ground whilst giving Vondra a death-stare, cursing him to have nightmares about cute'n cuddly baby pandas. The pandafication of a few unlucky humans that I planned for this chapter shall be delayed for the next chapter.

I gave you your "Pandas kick butt and overrun south Dalles" post, if you didn't notice.

I gave you your "Pandas kick butt and overrun south Dalles" post, if you didn't notice.

Thank you, dear sir. Some retribution in the name of panda at last!  :P

Sounds good. When can we expect this chapter to be up?

This year's going to be particularly busy for me, so don't get your hopes up. It's definitely not going to come out before Valentines' Day, since I have a letter to finish.

Once again, I apologize for my pathetically slow rate of writing RP. 

(Goes and cries in a corner)

Thank you, dear sir. Some retribution in the name of panda at last!  :P

This year's going to be particularly busy for me, so don't get your hopes up. It's definitely not going to come out before Valentines' Day, since I have a letter to finish.

Once again, I apologize for my pathetically slow rate of writing RP. 

(Goes and cries in a corner)

Totally fine. :)

It's fine. Valantine's day.

When is that, again?

You mean Inexpensive Chocolate Everything Day? :P I'll be working all day, so I'll probably just sit at my desk and eat chocolate. Maybe try some of that chocolate wine everyone's always talking about when I get home. 

By the way, mail-mi, is Reader a wine purist, or has he tried chocolate wine or mulled wine? If so, what did he think of them? Also, does he look down on beer drinkers? (Because if he does, that might be one of many, many reasons why he and Remington don't get along. :P

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles
I don't drink alcohol on the clock, I promise!

You mean Inexpensive Chocolate Everything Day? :P I'll be working all day, so I'll probably just sit at my desk and eat chocolate. Maybe try some of that chocolate wine everyone's always talking about when I get home. 

Chocolate wine sounds great. Too bad it'll be a long time till I'm 21 and permitted to drink.