Random Stuff

mail-mi

Japanese spiders are much nicer. I guess after the tsunami, they built their webs in trees, resulting in nightmarish images ....but they also ate all the mosquitoes before they could spread malaria.

Good guy spiders.

There is no such thing.  It's a trap.

I can't wait for mine. I'm gonna do something in the band hall.

[E]@kipper

Nah, not the one that was on the news.

I think the seniors saw that, and got the idea.

It wasn't that many tho

I give those kids probs at that school, oh my god.

It was so small that I didn't even hear about it until the end of the day

There's a legend of a senior year who released three pigs into the school, but here's the catch: they were labelled 1,2 and 4. Apparently the teachers and admin spent all day desperately searching for 3.

Do you guys ever talk to people, and say something which you mean as a joke or think is funny, and for a second no one says anything, and you start to panic that you aren't funny, and then your friends laugh, but that makes you feel worse because you don't know if they sincerely liked it or are just pretending to to spare your feelings?

...Oh, and pony version is best. I haven't watched it, but I know its the best, by virtue of pony.

Do you guys ever talk to people, and say something which you mean as a joke or think is funny, and for a second no one says anything, and you start to panic that you aren't funny, and then your friends laugh, but that makes you feel worse because you don't know if they sincerely liked it or are just pretending to to spare your feelings?

...Oh, and pony version is best. I haven't watched it, but I know its the best, by virtue of pony.

Yup. Definitely. I try to just think of other times that they've genuinely shown that they like me and tell myself that I'm just overreacting - and a few times I've said to a friend 'do you think x misunderstood me and is now mad and ignoring me?' to be told 'no you silly Delightful, of course that's not true!' So when I'm nervous I try take It as a rule of thumb that I'm understood and liked - or at least laughingly put up with - unless obviously proven otherwise. Edited by Delightful

For me it sometimes goes, I crack a joke, it's so obscure that nobody gets it.

Seriously, I have turns of phrase that I use that are secretly jokes, and most people have never caught on.  Just today I had a moment of glee when I called something a Giant Floaty Red Ball of Stupid, and ThirdGen understood the reference.  I have been using that phrase for years, but he was the first person to get it.

Edited by Kaymyth

For me it sometimes goes, I crack a joke, it's so obscure that nobody gets it.

Seriously, I have turns of phrase that I use that are secretly jokes, and most people have never caught on.  Just today I had a moment of glee when I called something a Giant Floaty Red Ball of Stupid, and ThirdGen understood the reference.  I have been using that phrase for years, but he was the first person to get it.

When TWOP was still a thing, they used to call it Clifford the Big Red Ball.