Maybe the whole of Oregon was deemed "naughty," so Santa Claus Calamity gave it a lump of "coal" in the form of Nighthound?

No. No one deserves Nighthound no matter how naughty. Only Nighthound deserves Nighthound.

Where do you guys find the backgrounds?

There are plenty of backgrounds available for use on the creator itself. Click the "Backgrounds" tab on the right hand side of the program. :)

Also, because I was bored and had this great accessory code lying around….

f6c76d34d512ba861ff32d4d3a2e1a9d.png

I don't know why I'm grinning so much at this. But I am. :D

In other news, Reason 417 to despise Koschei the Deathless: being primarily a gifter, Calamity's corruption was probably not a major factor in his atrocities. He acted predominantly of his own free will. :o

Welcome back to everyone's favorite game show, Let's Torment Backtrack! Up next is Autumn Glass who—get this—has no idea how little Backtrack really knows about Koschei! Will he lie down on the sidewalk and burst into tears, or will he simply follow in stunned silence? 

My money is on tears... daddy needs a new pair of boots! :P

No. No one deserves Nighthound no matter how naughty. Only Nighthound deserves Nighthound.

Not even Nighthound deserves Nighthound, because Nighthound enjoys Nighthound. :blink:

Also, because I was bored and had this great accessory code lying around….

f6c76d34d512ba861ff32d4d3a2e1a9d.png

If it weren´t for the speech bubbles I would think this a daddy´s little villain moment, a good one to boot. ;)

In other news, Reason 417 to despise Koschei the Deathless: being primarily a gifter, Calamity's corruption was probably not a major factor in his atrocities. He acted predominantly of his own free will. :o

That´s... probably true. Koschei just became a worse person than Nighthound. :o

There are plenty of backgrounds available for use on the creator itself. Click the "Backgrounds" tab on the right hand side of the program. :)

I don't know why I'm grinning so much at this. But I am. :D

He was corrupt to begin with, and his initial tests of his personal resurrection ability just hastened his corruption. But most of his atrocities were committed under his own free will, yes. Sorry for nightmares.

Worse than Nighthound? :o

He was corrupt to begin with, and his initial tests of his personal resurrection ability just hastened his corruption. But most of his atrocities were committed under his own free will, yes. Sorry for nightmares.

Worse than Nighthound? :o

Nighthound has an excuse, it´s his powers corruption that makes him this horrible and given their nature not using them is almost impossible. He also got them at a time where all Epics being evil wasn´t as clear a fact as it is nowadays, giving him few reason to distrust his powers.

Naturally, he still has to die, badly!

But how about we ask this guy for definite answers?

post-8809-0-51409200-1415734286_thumb.pn

Nighthound has an excuse, it´s his powers corruption that makes him this horrible and given their nature not using them is almost impossible. He also got them at a time where all Epics being evil wasn´t as clear a fact as it is nowadays, giving him few reason to distrust his powers.

Naturally, he still has to die, badly!

But how about we ask this guy for definite answers?

True. Koschei got his powers well after it was established that nearly all Epics were irredeemably evil, and didn't really fight it. Nighthound at least left his sister alive...:unsure:

He sees you when you're sleeping. He knows when you're awake.

True. Koschei got his powers well after it was established that nearly all Epics were irredeemably evil, and didn't really fight it. Nighthound at least left his sister alive... :unsure:

He sees you when you're sleeping. He knows when you're awake.

I think that most Epics who got their powers after Annexation Day wake up one morning, find out they've gotten superpowers, and decide "Finally, a decent human being gets these powers." I imagine that Sightline Syndrome is fairly common in post-Annexation Epics.

We're not seriously considering making a Santa Claus Epic, are we?  :blink:

I think that most Epics who got their powers after Annexation Day wake up one morning, find out they've gotten superpowers, and decide "Finally, a decent human being gets these powers." I imagine that Sightline Syndrome is fairly common in post-Annexation Epics.

We're not seriously considering making a Santa Claus Epic, are we?  :blink:

Turning into an Epic post Annexation day (or the local equivalent) must be very weird. I for one, would pretty certainly have given up on the idea of being a "good" Epic.

Of course not silly, he´s the antagonist for Calamity. :P

Turning into an Epic post Annexation day (or the local equivalent) must be very weird. I for one, would pretty certainly have given up on the idea of being a "good" Epic.

Of course not silly, he´s the antagonist for Calamity. :P

Most people wouldn't have the knowledge that power use causes corruption, though; in the eyes of most post-Calamity denizens, the only factors in whether an Epic is good or evil are personal judgement and self-control. And in my experience... well, most people tend to assume, consciously or unconsciously, that they'd make better judgements than evildoers. Without the whole picture, a new Epic would either be too frightened of himself to use his powers, or would have  enough faith in himself to believe he'd do the right thing.

Most people have insecurities... but everyone thinks that he or she is inherently a good person. I know I do, to some extent or another--and that would be my downfall in the Reckoners universe.

Most people wouldn't have the knowledge that power use causes corruption, though; in the eyes of most post-Calamity denizens, the only factors in whether an Epic is good or evil are personal judgement and self-control. And in my experience... well, most people tend to assume, consciously or unconsciously, that they'd make better judgements than evildoers. Without the whole picture, a new Epic would either be too frightened of himself to use his powers, or would have  enough faith in himself to believe he'd do the right thing.

Most people have insecurities... but everyone thinks that he or she is inherently a good person. I know I do, to some extent or another--and that would be my downfall in the Reckoners universe.

I dunno, I don´t think I´m a bad person but I certainly don´t think that I´m good enough to be the one and only exception after a decade and who knows how many people that have all followed the same pattern.

Simple patter of thought really, either Epics were evil before hand or they become corrupted. If they were evil before hand, why should I be the exception and if they are corrupted, well there go my chances at being a good one.

I dunno, I don´t think I´m a bad person but I certainly don´t think that I´m good enough to be the one and only exception after a decade and who knows how many people that have all followed the same pattern.

Simple patter of thought really, either Epics were evil before hand or they become corrupted. If they were evil before hand, why should I be the exception and if they are corrupted, well there go my chances at being a good one.

For my part, I would be extremely nervous, gaining powers in a post-Calamity world. I'd probably assume I had enough self control to handle them, but if negative thoughts kept flooding my head whenever I used them, I'd probably run. I'd be too scared of hurting the people I knew to get them to be a moral leash, so I'm sorry to say that would occur to me but not really be something I did.

Wanting to murder someone would be the tipping point. If I found myself seriously contemplating killing a human being for any reason besides "He's going to kill my loved ones and if I let him go he WILL kill someone else," that is when I would break down, swear off power use, and seriously reevaluate my life choices.

Just gonna assume that he heals even in case of complete body obliteration.

I'm going to mimic Kobold here and say that it's like Lightwards's. As long as any small bit of him is left, he can heal. Technically, he can still be killed, it's just very hard.

I didn´t even know that Britanic is a name. :mellow:

Neither did I...

Side note: I'd like to take Terry Bloom as a viewpoint character, as I don’t have any vanillas yet. But how to make him important.... hm....

Maybe Terry Bloom discovers that some of the pandas were humans transformed against their will. Then every panda the gaurd kills is potentially an innocent  vanilla.

Call me Jain or Panda. Your choice.

I have learned that characters are a bit unpredictable until they had a couple of viewpoints but if everything goes as planned he´ll be a nice man with some sadness inside. (That sounded incredible cheesy  :P) You could always go the "is good with children" route.  :ph34r:

Yes, yes it is.

Reader doesn´t have to remember him, he only needs to see him and presto, he knows the whole plan.

A subordinate that´s a lot easier to shoot, maybe even easier than Reader.

Is that healing strong enough for the turret mounted on the helicopter?

The one that wants to aim specifecly at them and not only at their vague vicinity?

Just gonna assume that he heals even in case of complete body obliteration.

And then Reader preceeds to forget about the whole plan.  ^_^

Never underestimate the Power of the Scouts Code Pandas! (Come one, somebody get that League of Legends reference)

Yep. So long as his brain isn't completely pulverized, (and it won't be, thanks to a diamond-hard skull) The Panda is fine. Also, he happens to have a back-up brain. (Don't ask)

Sounds like you know what it is, so you can probably judge better than me but you might want to consider 1) Reader/a soldier might just shoot the completly unknown guy not identifying themself in a security area, with Reader using the fact that he got by the guards completly unnoticed and isn´t known by anyone as an alibi after shooting him or

2) Reader simply writing down all he needs to know about the guy, to account for his powers and plan.

The soldier will go for the gun, then question himself why he's going for the gun, and then proceeds to shrug off and forget his erraticness. Then manning the security camera will also have a problem with the stranger. Everyone will.

He wouldn't be able to write it down fast enough. A scratch at best, and then he'd be rubbing it out.

Yep, Informant's power is the power to make you forget. 

Name: Informant/Erasion

Power: Memory Erasion

Informant can make you forget details about himself and other . You have to have seen Informant for him to erase your memory, of course. However, he can make you forget about him anytime he wants. The amount he can make you forget about himself can be anything ranging from his features to his existence. As for things other than himself, Informant can make you forget about their presence, but not their existence. The speed at which he can make you forget is just a bit slower than an average person's reflexes. For example, a guard, if he sees Informant, would begin to reach for his gun, forget about the fact that Informant shouldn't be there (or the presence of his gun), and abandon his action to continue his day normally. (or get assassinated by a cute panda who was taking advantage of Informant's distraction) As a result, Informant could be standing right in front of you, and you'd forget he was there.

Secondary: Word Erasion

Informant can erase information and data regarding himself. Words will vanish off pages. Data files will mysteriously corrupt and lose their data. Once again, he doesn't need to be in their presence to use this ability.

...that's odd. I seem to have been typing up a post describing how much I love the concept of Panda's new Epic. I seem to have used the words "awesome" and "creative" multiple times. Funny thing is, I can't remember any new Epics on this page...  :huh:  :D

(If we just gave him the power to plant subliminal messages, we'd have our very own representative of the Silence in Oregon.)

Call me Jain or Panda. Your choice.

And then Reader preceeds to forget about the whole plan. ^_^

Never underestimate the Power of the Scouts Code Pandas! (Come one, somebody get that League of Legends reference)

Yep. So long as his brain isn't completely pulverized, (and it won't be, thanks to a diamond-hard skull) The Panda is fine. Also, he happens to have a back-up brain. (Don't ask)

The soldier will go for the gun, then question himself why he's going for the gun, and then proceeds to shrug off and forget his erraticness. Then manning the security camera will also have a problem with the stranger. Everyone will.

He wouldn't be able to write it down fast enough. A scratch at best, and then he'd be rubbing it out.

Yep, Informant's power is the power to make you forget.

Name: Informant/Erasion

Power: Memory Erasion

Informant can make you forget details about himself and other . You have to have seen Informant for him to erase your memory, of course. However, he can make you forget about him anytime he wants. The amount he can make you forget about himself can be anything ranging from his features to his existence. As for things other than himself, Informant can make you forget about their presence, but not their existence. The speed at which he can make you forget is just a bit slower than an average person's reflexes. For example, a guard, if he sees Informant, would begin to reach for his gun, forget about the fact that Informant shouldn't be there (or the presence of his gun), and abandon his action to continue his day normally. (or get assassinated by a cute panda who was taking advantage of Informant's distraction) As a result, Informant could be standing right in front of you, and you'd forget he was there.

Secondary: Word Erasion

Informant can erase information and data regarding himself. Words will vanish off pages. Data files will mysteriously corrupt and lose their data. Once again, he doesn't need to be in their presence to use this ability.

If he's our Silence, can he please meet up with Portland's resident Weeping Angel, Chicago Joe? :D

(I like him. :D)

If he's our Silence, can he please meet up with Portland's resident Weeping Angel, Chicago Joe? :D

(I like him. :D)

Our resident Doctor gets to fight both of them at some point, right? :P:D

What's next in the Siege of the Dalles?

Uh, I guess Team Vondra just needs to put together a battle plan. Vondra needs to get in the helicopter so he can personally gain an assessment of the situation, and that'll be timed to happen along with Reader getting kidnapped.

Our resident Doctor gets to fight both of them at some point, right? :P:D

Uh, I guess Team Vondra just needs to put together a battle plan. Vondra needs to get in the helicopter so he can personally gain an assessment of the situation, and that'll be timed to happen along with Reader getting kidnapped.

I'm picturing her telling Nathan "Don't blink, don't even blink, blink and you're dead" before playfully grabbing his shoulders and shouting "Rah!" the second his back is turned. :D:P