random question of the day: if you were a Returned, what would your fancy Returned name be

...while this is a funny lil icebreaker question, for one of you it's more than a hypothetical! :)

but don't mind me overly much, you should definitely just ignore this if you have Actual Game Discussion you'd rather be doing :ph34r:

1 minute ago, DrakeMarshall said:

random question of the day: if you were a Returned, what would your fancy Returned name be

...while this is a funny lil icebreaker question, for one of you it's more than a hypothetical! :)

but don't mind me overly much, you should definitely just ignore this if you have Actual Game Discussion you'd rather be doing :ph34r:

i would love to be sunbringer the Illuminated!

Also would just like to say

I haven’t read the book this is from

I just saw that Raven, Aeoryi, and Bee were here and thought “I know those people let’s do this”

*crying* I have no idea what’s going on

10 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Also would just like to say

I haven’t read the book this is from

I just saw that Raven, Aeoryi, and Bee were here and thought “I know those people let’s do this”

*crying* I have no idea what’s going on

7 minutes ago, Aeternum said:

I don't remember what book it's from, dw.

Y'all are fine, there's no plot spoilers for anything here, and hence you didn't have to read/remember the book!

37 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Random question of the day implies there shall be one tomorrow. No salmon for you if there's not one :D

If I die, you may take creative liberty. It must be salmon-related.

Now I actually want to die today lol

1 hour ago, DrakeMarshall said:

Vote Tally
Kidpen (2): Aeoryi, Kasimir
Cash67 (2): TheRavenHasLanded, Wierdo
Spark of Hope (2): Aeternum, RoyalBeeMage
Wierdo (2): Cash67, Kidpen
Eternum (1): Weaver of Lies
TheRavenHasLanded (1): Archer

Courtesy of tallybot.

I think this is right.

I will probably do a manual check today just in case.

No strong feeling about Spark. If forced, I'm inclined to switch to Wierdo. I go back and forth about how I feel wrt Cash's derp. Agree it is possible E!Cash could misunderstand too but I still kinda like it. The misunderstanding feels genuine and I think pushing to murder a Villager on that basis is a little bold?

Spark of Hope

Forgot I had this vote and I just realize that this isn't a long game lol.

I'd rather vote with the town on this one because it's unique, so please give your reasoning for why voting Kidpen, Cash, or Weirdo is better, because I don't mind voting any of them as long as we have a fairly general consensus on who we'd like to be haunted by.

Not really willing to vote Raven or Spark today. Spark & Raven sound like a tomorrow problem to me rn. Cash, Weirdo, and Kidpen (who I had as town I think?) are much bigger targets imo that seem better picks for today, given that Raven and Spark are off of lack of activity. I'd have to look again at Cash vs Weirdo, and you'd have to sell me on Kidpen tbh. or I'd need to look again.

Also Eternum lol

My personal Wierdo take is that I normally wouldn't D1 them for what reads like new player sheeping but this D1 being the way it is, I'm less concerned about pushing for what read like a kneejerk retaliatory vote—which falls within the boundaries of a new Elim sort of profile.

I am not too willing to go for Cash but this has to do with Cash pushing for a Villager exe on the misunderstanding of the Lover rules, which doesn't feel like a push an Elim intuitively wants to be caught making. The misunderstanding felt genuine.

My issue with Kidpen is that this is the second time Kidpen has made a slightly odd comment: A. wincon, B. "we automatically lose" if a Heretic gets exed D1. I shrugged at Kidpen's explanation for the first point (technically correct but uncommon way of thinking for many V imo, fair enough) but the second time makes me squint harder.

I'm aware Drake detests slip arguments because it's easy to Ripple effect a player but it's worth making the murderpuppy scream 😔

I'm not willing to vote Aet, Archer, TUA, Cash D1. I can probably be persuaded into others.

1 hour ago, Aeternum said:

Random question of the day implies there shall be one tomorrow. No salmon for you if there's not one :D

If I die, you may take creative liberty. It must be salmon-related.

Now I actually want to die today lol

well, the existence of people who Return after dying isn't really a spoiler, neither is the fact that there is a city called T'Telir where such people are worshipped... because both of these facts are part of the initial premise of the story, not exactly plot twists

the story in question is Warbreaker, incidentally

but yeah it's okay if you haven't read it this is just a funky lil forum game with Warbreaker flavoring :P

1 hour ago, DrakeMarshall said:

weirdo, spelled correctly!

11 minutes ago, Aeternum said:

Spark of Hope

Forgot I had this vote and I just realize that this isn't a long game lol.

I'd rather vote with the town on this one because it's unique, so please give your reasoning for why voting Kidpen, Cash, or Weirdo is better, because I don't mind voting any of them as long as we have a fairly general consensus on who we'd like to be haunted by.

Not really willing to vote Raven or Spark today. Spark & Raven sound like a tomorrow problem to me rn. Cash, Weirdo, and Kidpen (who I had as town I think?) are much bigger targets imo that seem better picks for today, given that Raven and Spark are off of lack of activity. I'd have to look again at Cash vs Weirdo, and you'd have to sell me on Kidpen tbh. or I'd need to look again.

Also Eternum lol

*to be read with sarcasm*

So I have one thing to point to in my defense....

Yeah the Me vs Wierdo is simply people were confused about my confusion, and then a train formed. Wierdo hopped on the train because I poke voted them, and because of no reaction from them, I kept it on, to which they responded this:

2 hours ago, Wierdo said:

Huh- oh, I was bored and saw you voted me so I just voted you back lol

Frankly, if @Wierdo was just bored, that makes me a little less suspicious. I wouldn't put it as an elim read.

The question is do we want the chaos of a random tiebreaker vote?

1 minute ago, Cash67 said:

*to be read with sarcasm*

So I have one thing to point to in my defense....

Yeah the Me vs Wierdo is simply people were confused about my confusion, and then a train formed. Wierdo hopped on the train because I poke voted them, and because of no reaction from them, I kept it on, to which they responded this:

Frankly, if @Wierdo was just bored, that makes me a little less suspicious. I wouldn't put it as an elim read.

Lol, if worse comes to worse i'll just take the L 

8 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

My issue with Kidpen is that this is the second time Kidpen has made a slightly odd comment: A. wincon, B. "we automatically lose" if a Heretic gets exed D1. I shrugged at Kidpen's explanation for the first point (technically correct but uncommon way of thinking for many V imo, fair enough) but the second time makes me squint harder.

I don't feel like looking back and checking, so I'll trust my current favorite townie on this. As long as you're sure it wasn't a misunderstanding of the way the ruleset works?

8 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

I'm not willing to vote Aet,

See, but I want to die and see what Drake would say. If you feel like killing off a townie today, I volunteer as tribute.

4 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

well, the existence of people who Return after dying isn't really a spoiler, neither is the fact that there is a city called T'Telir where such people are worshipped... because both of these facts are part of the initial premise of the story, not exactly plot twists

the story in question is Warbreaker, incidentally

but yeah it's okay if you haven't read it this is just a funky lil forum game with Warbreaker flavoring :P

It has been far too long since I've read Warbreaker. Think I have enough time to speedread it before the game ends? :P

2 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Not rlly. I'd rather have consensus for this vote due to the uniqueness.

Just now, Wierdo said:

Lol, if worse comes to worse i'll just take the L 

Alr no vote on you today. Kidpen it is.

2 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Let me put it this way. Ties are great until EoD. The bigger a tie, the worse it is because unless you think majority of the tie candidates are Elim, this just implies a bad result for Village and Elim complacency.

On re-reading, I've discovered I conflated Wierdo with Weaver and am now considering a cheeky Weaver pivot.

EDIT:

Kas and Aet not E/E ig wtaf is this chaos

2 minutes ago, Aeternum said:

As long as you're sure it wasn't a misunderstanding of the way the ruleset works?

I'm not certain, no. Ripple effect exists for a reason but I can try to do the multi-quote. Part of my mentioning it in thread is precisely to get thoughts 

Considering that I will be very much asleep at EoD, I'd rather not cause chaos now because I simply won't be able to change my vote during EoD chaos. I'm inclined to think of Weaver as town for now. Why do you think Weaver is an elim?

3 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Kas and Aet not E/E ig wtaf is this chaos

Unfortunately not.

4 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

I'm not certain, no. Ripple effect exists for a reason but I can try to do the multi-quote. Part of my mentioning it in thread is precisely to get thoughts

If I have some time I'll take a look but I probably won't be able to, rip.

6 minutes ago, Aeternum said:

It has been far too long since I've read Warbreaker. Think I have enough time to speedread it before the game ends? :P

I mean, I certainly couldn't, but I do not read things quickly.

I do remember things pretty well once I read them, though, which is probably why I don't have any problem running a themed game even though it's been a hot minute since I read Warbreaker :P

I bet you could do it, though. I trust.

2 minutes ago, Aeternum said:

I'm inclined to think of Weaver as town for now. Why do you think Weaver is an elim?

The retaliatory vote I mis-credited to Wierdo was from Weaver. On assumption of a new Elim profile, it's one of the votes that caught my attention.

6 minutes ago, Aeternum said:

If I have some time I'll take a look but I probably won't be able to, rip.

I'll try to get it in in time as I gtg rn

8 minutes ago, DrakeMarshall said:

I mean, I certainly couldn't, but I do not read things quickly.

I do remember things pretty well once I read them, though, which is probably why I don't have any problem running a themed game even though it's been a hot minute since I read Warbreaker :P

I bet you could do it, though. I trust.

Why sleep when read book all night! Please tell me this is a terrible idea, I need to be able to think clearly tomorrow morning...

Unfortunately, my copy is an actual paper book, and I hate reading paper books.

7 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

The retaliatory vote I mis-credited to Wierdo was from Weaver. On assumption of a new Elim profile, it's one of the votes that caught my attention.

Hm ok I shall look again. I was giving Weaver townie points for not liking my read list lol. I feel like a lot of new elims would be too scared to interact with that (newbie e!Aet def wouldn't have said anything about it, but perhaps that's a bad read). Maybe Weaver was pushed by another, more experienced teammate tho.

Edit:

Ooh also I forgot, but opinion on Aeo? I don't feel it's a vote for today, though.

Edited by Aeternum