The Phobias Thread!

What is your biggest fear?

Ever wanted the technical name of it so that you can sound smarter than everyone else?

Me to!!!

:D 

I'm a nerd and like to research stuff like this!

*cackling*  

28 minutes ago, TwinSouls said:

Fear of walking into people?

Anyone have this: Anatidaephobia(?)

No, ducks are fine.

I'm afraid of GEESE. I know with 100% surety there will be a goosepocalypse and they will rise up as rightful rulers/god-dictators of the world.

50 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

What is your biggest fear?

Ever wanted the technical name of it so that you can sound smarter than everyone else?

Me to!!!

I'm a nerd and like to research stuff like this!

*cackling*  

Phobia of Velociraptors?

1 hour ago, Invisible said:

No, ducks are fine.

I'm afraid of GEESE. I know with 100% surety there will be a goosepocalypse and they will rise up as rightful rulers/god-dictators of the world.

Phobia of Velociraptors?

swans are far worse. they have the power to snap bones with their wings. velociraptors are so scary. good thing they are extinct...

I am irrationally afraid of large, flat landscapes. I went to the prairies once, and it was mildly terrifying; if I can't see trees, or at least mountains, it feel like I might fall off the Earth itself. Yes, I know I am weird. :P

Mine is really dumb/weird but . . .

Spoiler

I worry that if you grow your finger nails longer than your finger, and then press upward on them from underneath, they'd just . . . pop off.

All mine:

Spoiler

Fournaphobia ~ Fear of ovens

Autophobia ~ Fear of abandonment

Thanatophobia ~ Fear of death or dying process

Arachnophobia ~ Fear of spiders

Dementophobia ~ Fear of insanity 

Athazagoraphobia ~ Fear of oblivion 

Thalassophobia ~ Fear of drowning

Mesainikavasanistiriophobia ~ Fear of being tortured 

Emetophobia ~ Fear of vomit

Anuptaphobia ~ Fear of never finding a partner

So far, this is the list :D 

Angry Geese (specifically angry ones, calm/happy ones are fine), Heights (when I’m not on a plane or smth, even tall buildings terrify me), I fear death, and I fear breaking bones, I’ve never done that before.

Oh and these!

Spoiler

Amaxophobia ~ Fear of driving

Scoleciphobia ~ Fear of parasitic worms

Cibophobia ~ Fear of ingesting rotten or spoiled food

And here is something kinda funny...

Spoiler

So, I looked up "what id fear of being judged by others called" Cause that's a huge fear of mine...

It low key said "Social Anxiety Disorder" XDDD

This is only funny cause I got a diagnosis for SAD 5-6 months ago, never knowing that fear of being judged was apart of that... :P 

So... learn something every day, I guess...

We share Amaxophobia - Drivers here are maniacs, Scoleciphobia - *shudders*, and Cibophobia, though mine is just if I see it, like if I see mold on an apple I’ll immediately condemn all fruit in the bowl, but if I don’t see anything wring w/ it, I’m fine. Thanatophobia and Mesainikavasanistiriophobia are things I have as well lol, combine them and I’m gone (Death by torture is horrifying)

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, WhyEverNot_8 said:

We share Amaxophobia - Drivers here are maniacs, Scoleciphobia - *shudders*, and Cibophobia, though mine is just if I see it, like if I see mold on an apple I’ll immediately condemn all fruit in the bowl, but if I don’t see anything wring w/ it, I’m fine. Thanatophobia and Mesainikavasanistiriophobia are things I have as well lol, combine them and I’m gone (Death by torture is horrifying)

So true...

Love your sig btw!!!!

18 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

fear of being set on fire?

Pyrophobia 

17 hours ago, TwinSouls said:

Fear of walking into people?

"Social anxiety disorder (social phobia) is a medical condition that causes fear and anxiety when you're around people in social situations. People with social anxiety fear being judged or watched by others. This disorder is treatable with talk therapy and medications such as antidepressants." That's all google gave me T-T

4 hours ago, Invisible said:

VELOCIRAPTORS

I COULDNT SLEEP FOR A YEAR PLUS

Velociraptoraphobia 

-------------------------------------

okay, hear me out...

Phonophobia ~ Fear of loud noises...

T-T 

that's me... 

me who was curled in a fetal position crying hysterically last time I heard a fire alarm go off...

hmmmm....

Edited by Just-A-Stick

25 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

Love your sig btw!!!!

Thanks! :D

Pyrophobia… me too 

Loud Noises annoy me but don’t scare me. Unless it’s lightning, if I’m not expecting it, like if it’s the middle of the night and I’m reading, listening to a book, or sleeping lightly, and I hear an enormous boom outside my window, I am under the pillow cowering for like 5 minutes lol. That’s mostly because its unexpected though.

2 minutes ago, WhyEverNot_8 said:

Thanks! :D

Pyrophobia… me too 

Loud Noises annoy me but don’t scare me. Unless it’s lightning, if I’m not expecting it, like if it’s the middle of the night and I’m reading, listening to a book, or sleeping lightly, and I hear an enormous boom outside my window, I am under the pillow cowering for like 5 minutes lol. That’s mostly because its unexpected though.

love hearing lightning, interestingly enough. It makes me happy.

Huh, interesting. I have become less afraid of it (as long as I’m expecting it) since I had to walk a mile in pitch-darkness with torrential rain, lots of lightning, and wind so strong it was pushing the car of the person who came to pick us up—me and my family, I wasn’t alone—around on the road. Although that hasn’t made me like it per se. 

7 minutes ago, WhyEverNot_8 said:

Huh, interesting. I have become less afraid of it (as long as I’m expecting it) since I had to walk a mile in pitch-darkness with torrential rain, lots of lightning, and wind so strong it was pushing the car of the person who came to pick us up—me and my family, I wasn’t alone—around on the road. Although that hasn’t made me like it per se. 

But you say you’re from Texas in you signature… Doesn’t it, like, never rain there?

That does not sound fun…

3 hours ago, Invisible said:

love hearing lightning, interestingly enough. It makes me happy.

i am surounded by lightning. acording to google singapore(where i currently live) had the highest lightning density worldwide in 2021, accounting for 163.08 lightning events per km2. you ever get used to it or well you get scared out of your skin most of the year.

Hmm...

Thanatophobia. I don't fear being dead but I do fear the dying process... also losing your loved ones is included in that phobia.

Agoraphobia is the fear of wide open spaces; which I don't technically have. For part of my childhood in the South I lived in Tornado Alley, so wide open spaces in the REAL WORLD don't bother me. However... the few times I've ever used a VR... Y'all know that endless white landscape when you log into a VR for the first time?

THAT TERRIFIES ME.

Other than that I can't really think of anything I'm scared of. *fearless yeahhhhhh*

Edited by Through The Living Glass

20 hours ago, TwinSouls said:

But you say you’re from Texas in you signature… Doesn’t it, like, never rain there?

That does not sound fun…

We were visiting family in Mississippi, where it always rains lol.

17 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

i am surounded by lightning. acording to google singapore(where i currently live) had the highest lightning density worldwide in 2021, accounting for 163.08 lightning events per km2. you ever get used to it or well you get scared out of your skin most of the year.

Harmony’s forearms! That’s a lot of lightning!

15 hours ago, Through The Living Glass said:

However... the few times I've ever used a VR... Y'all know that endless white landscape when you log into a VR for the first time?

THAT TERRIFIES ME.

I have a really old headset, and from what I remember, when you log in, you’re at the top of a cliff, looking down at a river very far below you lol, doesn’t mix well with fear of heights, so I feel ya