In this weeks update, what does 631 mean?

On 2/27/2024 at 11:10 AM, Aredor said:

I count 9 instances of a 631 in this week's update. What is going on?

Screenshot (22).png

Good catch with the books on top! I haven't seen anyone else mention those (though I haven't been keeping up everywhere so possible someone has). 

23 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

Probably something to do with the Kickstarter, maybe also a shadow-drop of Dragonsteel Prime. If it's anything beyond that, then I can't really imagine too much. Maybe if a Mistborn movie deal has been officially struck, and the news goes out at 6:30 Mountain time, so Brandon will announce it at 6:31? Or how about a cover reveal for Wind and Truth

Honestly, there are several things it could be, but I think we should keep it focused on the Kickstarter. 

Brandon's said before he's unlikely to be the one announcing a movie deal, and I also don't think he would have talked about how it got close but fell through if something was still actively in the works. 

I agree that something to do with the Kickstarter/Backerkit is the most likely option. 

3 hours ago, Aredor said:

What if it's something to do with page 631 in Stormlight 5?

The book isn't finished or formatted, the team won't know what page 631 even is for a while yet. 

As for it being other books - this is a fun little thing but I absolutely don't think they've planned it for that long (Robog numbers in SotS are the earliest plus in the weekly updates afawk) or that they would have messed with actual book content to foreshadow something in our world. 

8 hours ago, AonEne said:

Good catch with the books on top! I haven't seen anyone else mention those (though I haven't been keeping up everywhere so possible someone has). 

Brandon's said before he's unlikely to be the one announcing a movie deal, and I also don't think he would have talked about how it got close but fell through if something was still actively in the works. 

I agree that something to do with the Kickstarter/Backerkit is the most likely option. 

The book isn't finished or formatted, the team won't know what page 631 even is for a while yet. 

As for it being other books - this is a fun little thing but I absolutely don't think they've planned it for that long (Robog numbers in SotS are the earliest plus in the weekly updates afawk) or that they would have messed with actual book content to foreshadow something in our world. 

that is a good point. it could be to do with the say the words series potentionaly ending on roshar time 631

edit: 631 is prime we might be getting a prime book 

edit 2: today was the bondsmith video. it takes place on rosharen time 6.3.1. the video ends with the words the time has come.

Edited by RoyalBeeMage

On 2/28/2024 at 6:26 PM, AonEne said:

Brandon's said before he's unlikely to be the one announcing a movie deal

That's why it'd be at 6:31, so technically he didn't announce it, but he can still let his fans know first. (Again, this is VERY unlikely, but it's an amusing train of thought.)

On 2/28/2024 at 6:26 PM, AonEne said:

I also don't think he would have talked about how it got close but fell through if something was still actively in the works.

Eh, I don't think that'd stop him much, but that's also just me. 

On 3/2/2024 at 10:04 PM, Use the Falchion said:

That's why it'd be at 6:31, so technically he didn't announce it, but he can still let his fans know first. (Again, this is VERY unlikely, but it's an amusing train of thought.)

Eh, I don't think that'd stop him much, but that's also just me. 

I think someone bought the rights to it and then decided to put it "on hold" because it would be expensive, he's never been adapted before so it's not a surefire hit and all the streaming services started losing tons of money around the same time in 2022 which lines up with the timing. It's possible they picked it back up and are moving forward again. It would be neat if that's what it was. 

If it's an in-book Stormlight thing then the Heralds or the Radiant orders inspired by them would be the 6+3+1.  Like who is on whose side, 6 side with the humans, 3 side with Odium (Nale+2 others) 1 is independent (Chana). If it's radiant orders 3 siding with Odium would be Skybreakers, Dustbringers and ???. 1 would be the Bondsmiths who unite the all and in the darkness bind them, wait wrong thing. 

Eh, it's probably another kickstarter announcement or something. 

What if... the 631st backers gets something extra? 

8 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

just got an email confirming that the upcoming video will answer "631?" It says fully "Many have speculated as to the nature and meaning of "631." The answer arrives tommorow morning at 9:45 am MST."

Well, at least it's direct. 

9 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

just got an email confirming that the upcoming video will answer "631?" It says fully "Many have speculated as to the nature and meaning of "631." The answer arrives tommorow morning at 9:45 am MST."

Ditto. Email Text:

Spoiler

THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESOME

Many have speculated as to the nature and meaning of “631.”

The answer arrives tomorrow morning at 9:45 am MST.

It's Finally Here - #Say the Words