Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

21 hours ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

I wish I had an awakened ascot.

Granted. It's your least favorite color.

47 minutes ago, Shard of Reading said:

I wish to be a beta reader for Brandon and I retain my abllity to read.

Granted. His books start to devolve in quality.

I wish for racism to end.

15 hours ago, AonEne said:

Granted. It's your least favorite color.

Hot pink! Oh well, I can still have it help me wave to people. People will then probably say, "I didn't much care for that chaps hot pink ascot at first, but it's just so friendly!"

15 hours ago, AonEne said:

I wish for racism to end.

The Nightwatcher whimpers and rocks from side to side as green hot glowing tears pour from her eyes and sizzle on the forest duff.

Cultivation steps in from the shadows, and rests one hand upon the NightWatcher's troubled brow, and the other upon your shoulder.

"That such wickedness resides in the heart of man is too much for my companion, who retains something of the innocence of the first days when all was one in multiplicity. Sadly the gift of freewill, endowed in every sapient creature allows for good as well as for bad actions. People have to be free to make up their minds, or they become nothing more than fleshy automatons. Your wish is a noble one, but I truly see no way of granting it without impinging on the individual's divine mandate to be free to choose their own destiny."

The Nightwatcher, who had been keening lowly to herself as the tears continued to flow down her cheeks, raises her head. Looking from you to Cultivation with eyes still brimed with tears she speaks.

"I have seen the Whitespine in it's fury and need take down it's prey, be that man or Chull. I have seen many men working together in their fury yet with no need take down the Whitespine to cruelly mount its remains upon their walls. I have seen into the dark places of the human heart, and I have also seen into hearts that were filled with the blinding light of love. Though I am still innocent Mother, perhaps this innocence is what is needed. Your wish has been granted little one. The tidal forces of baseless hatred are strong, but you will see, someday you will all realize that you are all one. That to hurt another is in fact a grievous injury to yourself."

From that moment forward, a fundamental change in perception occurred. Anytime someone was engaged at another and tried to fuel that rage with the differences between them, be that race, gender, class or age, a psychic Connection between them was formed. In an instant an intuitive impression of the contours of their individual lives flowed between them, like dendrites stretching out to wholly new synapses.

Though these moments of sympathetic Connection lasted for the briefest of moments, over time they allowed people to screen out the distorting noise of prejudice and discover what the true nature of their problems with others were. Though not everyone can have the last cookie, it's not because they were black or gay or transgender or a teenager that someone got it. The nature of devolving problems lies in the understanding of what the true problem is. With this clarity of vision, humanity was free to focus on our common problems, no longer distracted by the meaningless differences that people had used to divide, but united rather in common purpose. Because just as it is true that when you injure another you injure yourself, when you help another you help yourself.

As you are turning to leave the glade, the Nightwatcher turns to you and says, "It is a noble thing you did here today, but balance is a law unto itself. Your bane is that you now have Thaylen eyebrows, but I really don't see that being a problem for you".

I wish I had awakened tap shoes that can dance as well as Skimbleshanks from the Cats movie.

Edited by hoiditthroughthegrapevine

Granted (Thank you). But, there is still a tiger standing over my avocado...:ph34r:

The tiger sees you and chases you while I run the other direction with my avocado.

I wish for the tiger to find a tasty piece of meat (that is not a sharder or anyone I know) and get distracted and stop chasing you.

Edited by Kings_way

12 minutes ago, Danex said:

I wish for something the Nightwatcher can’t give me.

A little cremling in a triple breasted suit, wearing four adorable little shoes with spats, and a top hat at a rakish angle tap dances in from stage right holding a silver dome covered platter.

You lift the lid and inside is a small piece of candy with a note that says "This is for your mom".

Your bane is that anytime some one talks to you your eyes go crossed.

I wish I had a pencil thin mustache.

Granted a cat appears and promptly runs away into the forest. 
Your bane is to be unable to answer questions with the word “favorite” in them. 

I wish for something so minuscule no bane is needed for balance. 

26 minutes ago, Darkfinder said:

I wish for the ability to soulcast 

Granted. You gain the ability to cast your soul into the aether, and a demon promptly snatches it and eats it. Your bane is that your dominant hand shrivels up and loses all functionality.

I wish for a black cat with glowing green eyes and the ability to speak that likes playing with yarn and has magic powers.

8 minutes ago, Gears said:

I wish for a black cat with glowing green eyes and the ability to speak that likes playing with yarn and has magic powers.

Granted. But said cat is also a demon.

It looks at you with its green glowing eyes, starts spouting free verse poetry, and distractedly plays with yarn as it eats your soul. It's great with legerdemain, but it's card tricks need some work.

I wish I had a handle bar mustache that I could use to manipulate objects at a distance. You know, like they were real handles.

Edited by hoiditthroughthegrapevine

Granted, you can control objects that have handles from a distance by grabbing your mustache as if it was a handle, but it’s impossible to do subtlety and everyone thinks you look dumb. 

Your bane is that using your magic mustache automatically catches everyone’s attention. 

i wish for the coronavirus to be eradicated.

57 minutes ago, Darkfinder said:

I wish for a friendly snake that can talk and is always friendly.

Granted. His name is Percival and he talks with a pronounced lisp (he's a snake after all). He's super friendly, he can actually even knot his body into a half windsor tie so you can go out and about with him without anyone noticing that you have a talking snake around your neck. He's oxford educated, is a wonderful conversationalist, and is also a great listener. He's very well read, and really that's the problem. There's no book that you read that he doesn't invariably read before you and he's always spoiling the endings. But as far as banes go that's not so bad. Just try and read the preview chapters of RoW while he's sleeping.

I wish that cheetos had the same health benefits as celery.

5 minutes ago, Kings_way said:

I wish for an infused perfect gemstone.

Granted. The gem is a perfect saphire infused with stormlight, it's roughly the size of a tennis ball, and the light it produces is so brilliant you almost can't look directly at it. Unfortunately it's in the mouth of a very large and very angry cotton mouth snake.

I wish Kings_way could safely retrieve their perfect gem without injury to their person or to the snake.