Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

2 hours ago, BringerOfLight said:

I wish that I could see the future.

Granted. You find yourself transported 60 years into the future at the precise moment when you would have died and you live the span of your life in retrograde time, starting from a decrepit senility and finally ending as a baby. You obviously can use your present knowledge of past events to make a fortune, but you have to master the skills of moving backwards, talking in reverse, and most annoyingly of all planning out what you should have done before you do it. But you're so fabulously wealthy that when you slip up and don't do things in reverse people just chuckle at your eccentricities.

*Edit*

Whoops, granted the wrong boon.

@Soulbinder

I wish to be able to write a ketek. Those things are hard.

Granted. You can write keteks now, but your arms are now where your legs used to be and your legs are where your arms used to be. Your keteks are lovely though, and you can now draw with your feet, so that's cool too.

I wish I could take pictures of ghosts.

Edited by hoiditthroughthegrapevine
Granted Soulbinders boon, man pay attention.

Just now, Evi said:

I want to become the most famous fantasy author in the world.

Before you'll get this title, you need to write a looooooong book and then you need to spend a loooooooot of time improving it.

I wish my good dreams were reality.

8 minutes ago, Emi said:

I wish my good dreams were reality.

Granted, but your bad dreams will become reality, too. Since most bad dreams have demons in them, I can only assume yours have demons, too. So now the world is in chaos.

I wish I can live in Roshar.

Edited by Evi
forgot to add a boon

4 minutes ago, Evi said:

Granted, but your bad dreams will become reality, too. Since most bad dreams have demons in them, I can only assume yours have demons, too. So now the world is in chaos.

Ha! I don't have bad dreams! Like, really I don't have them, that's weird, but true:P

6 minutes ago, Evi said:

I wish I can live in Roshar.

Well, living in Roshar is already bane, because you don't have good hygiene, this world is in war and you're from Asia if my memory is good, so you possibly have dark eyes.

I wish I wouldn't have to clean my room

51 minutes ago, Emi said:

you possibly have dark eyes.

Yes, I do have dark eyes, though that won't matter if I live in places like Azir.

Hygiene, hmm... I haven't thought of that, and it could be troublesome.

54 minutes ago, Emi said:

I wish I wouldn't have to clean my room

But you will have to clean the rest of your house.

9 minutes ago, Soulbinder said:

I wish that I had a beautiful singing voice.

Granted! The Nightwatcher turned you into a Musician Wren, and now your beautiful soulful chirping can be heard by all who come seeking boons. Visitors to the Valley are often heard talking about the magisterial singing of the NightWatcher's favorite Chicken.

Spoiler

20200620_160501.thumb.jpg.c89cf60715fb7643ef423bd1067cd73a.jpg

This is what you now look like, this Video has the song you sing at time marker 4:22

I wish I had a hoverboard that really worked. A real, operational version of the flying skateboard from Back to the Future 2. 

2 minutes ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

Granted! The Nightwatcher turned you into a Musician Wren, and now your beautiful soulful chirping can be heard by all who come seeking boons. Visitors to the Valley are often heard talking about the magisterial singing of the NightWatcher's favorite Chicken.

I’m not mad with this outcome at all.

2 minutes ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

I wish I had a hoverboard that really worked. A real, operational version of the flying skateboard from Back to the Future 2. 

Granted. It runs on pure gold. You better be super rich.

I wish for a flute.

2 minutes ago, Soulbinder said:

I wish for a flute.

Granted. You are now cursed to forever carry the fell flute of Lemuria. Black as the darkest night, hewn and shaped from the thigh bone of Moloch, the king of the seven abysses of infernal damnation, this wretched instrument drives any who hear its wailing banshee emmanations insane.

Trapped between the world of the living and the dead, you are compelled by forces outside your control to play this wretched flute. You are the symphony of madness that lies in the fog shrouded heath. You are the terror that waits in the dark places of the earth where even spiders fear to go. 

Your finger work is impeccable, you are told on multiple occasions that never has the symphony of black insanity and unending terror ever sounded so good.

I wish I could turn aluminum into gold so I can power my hoverboard.

2 hours ago, Mist said:

I wish for accurate pronunciation of words I have only read.

Granted. Your bane is that you have to hear the Nightwatcher sing "I say tah-mato you say toe-motato, I say pah-tay-toe you say poe-tah-toe, let's call the whole thing off"  50 times. Your eyes are rolling the entire time.

I wish for something nostalgic 

9 hours ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

I wish for something nostalgic 

Granted:

Spoiler

wp.png.5f69d94c53e32026ea065e27f17aa81e.png

Your bane is that you will forget the theme song. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahaahaa…...

I wish for a semi truck

Edited by Matrim's Dice

35 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I wish for a semi truck

The Nightwatcher hands you a Toys-R-Us bag, inside it as an unopened mint condition 80's Optimus Prime Transformer.

Spoiler

uigj7zlbeafe94w03ukm.jpg.ba82a02ef7596dea82a1035053721c25.jpg

Your bane is that you talk backwards, not fully in reverse, but rather so that the last word of every sentence comes out as the first, etc.

I wish for something that is incredibly fluffy.

13 hours ago, Shard of Reading said:

I wish for a good book that I have not read.

Easy says the Nightwatcher as she hands you a copy of Peter Sclemihl by Aldebert Von Chamisso. You no longer have a shadow and if you want to find out why that's bad read the book.

I wish for a type IV biochromatic entity, specifically a trowel that has been awakened with the command "Destroy dandelions in my yard".