Nightwatcher Boon/Bane (Game)

(MAJOR Hero of Ages spoilers) Granted. You get shard Ruin, and you

Spoiler

die the same way Ati did after Vin Ascended.

I wish for shard Honor, to not end up dead, and to not give up the shard unless I actually want to.

Edited by Enter a username
Spelling and grammar

Granted. You have a dementor who follow you wherever you travel, but takes 1/1000 of a nanosecond longer to follow you when you teleport, forcing you to travel forever without remaining anywhere you wish to be. If the dementor catches up with you, you and your closest friend become mindless dementors. 

I wish to be able to instantaneously create a taco whenever I desire, which said taco will be of the perfect size, temperature, and ingredients for me to eat, and which will cause me no physical, cognitive, emotional, or spiritual damage to eat. Said taco will be created in the location I will, without any relative velocity or acceleration to me, and I will be able to eat said taco without adverse effect coming on me due to its influence. 

12 minutes ago, 18th Shard said:

I wish to be able to instantaneously create a taco whenever I desire, which said taco will be of the perfect size, temperature, and ingredients for me to eat, and which will cause me no physical, cognitive, emotional, or spiritual damage to eat. Said taco will be created in the location I will, without any relative velocity or acceleration to me, and I will be able to eat said taco without adverse effect coming on me due to its influence. 

Wow. You pretty much eliminated all bad things with eating it. You forgot creation, though. Whenever you create the taco, a part of you about the size of a finger will become blade-dead.

I wish for a portal maker that can be used as much as I want, with no adverse side effects of any kind with the creation of use of the portal maker and no adverse side effects of any kind with the creation or use of the portals themselves, for me to open or close the portals at will, wherever and whenever I want, and basically for the bane to be completely unrelated.

Granted. You have no memory of a location besides the one you are in, and cannot create new memories of another location. You also have very little imagination. Because of this, you will have no reference frame from which to open a new portal. Note this has nothing to do with your use of portals or their creation - it's a bit like granting someone without a tongue the capacity to create whatever food they want.

I wish for the letters e, s, o, and r to be absent from the grammatically correct and correctly spelled bane I anticipate receiving.

1 hour ago, Kings_way said:

I wish for a partridge in a pear tree.

Granted. It won't stop singing the Twelve Days of Christmas.

I wish that my time machine was fully functional and did not cause death, dismemberment, or destruction to anyone.

17 minutes ago, Kings_way said:

I wish for a mistcloak.

Granted, you now have a mistcloak. In fact you only have mistcloaks. Every article of clothing you own and ever will own has become a mistcloak. 

I wish for a bane.  >=)

17 minutes ago, Danex said:

I wish for a bane.  >=)

Granted! You get a puppy and a life threatening allergy to dogs. Don't worry, you can take a daily shot for your allergy and your puppy is adorable, but he eats all of your shoes.

I wish that I had some firecrackers for the 4th of July.

16 minutes ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

Granted! You get a puppy and a life threatening allergy to dogs. Don't worry, you can take a daily shot for your allergy and your puppy is adorable, but he eats all of your shoes.

Surprisingly close to reality here, I have 2 puppies (one’s my profile banner), a very very mild allergy to dogs, and no remaining flip flops.

16 minutes ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

I wish that I had some firecrackers for the 4th of July.

Granted, a box of firecrackers appears in front of you. However, you are cursed that every match or sparkler or anything similar that you ever use will be a dud. 

I wish for some cranberry sprite.

1 hour ago, 18th Shard said:

I wish for my bane to undo my wish.

The Nightwatcher looks very confused as she chases her own tail.  Cultivation steps in from the periphery and strokes the Nightwatcher's head, and turns to you and says granted.

You find yourself transported back in time a week before you made your journey to the Valley with your head planted 12 inches deep in the soil. Your bane, that you are a human sunflower before you made your wish has in fact undone your wish.

I wish for a tastey sweet that I've never had before.

6 hours ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

I wish for a tastey sweet that I've never had before.

A weird looking pastry appears in front of you, and you consume it happily. Suddenly you fall to the floor, clutching your chest. The Nightwatcher smiles at you and says, “Thank you for canonizing the fact that I can use time travel for my banes.”

6 hours ago, hoiditthroughthegrapevine said:

You find yourself transported back in time a week

“You just ate your own heart from earlier this morning.”

I wish for this game to be less fun because I think I’m mildly obsessed.

Edited by Danex

1 hour ago, Mist said:

I wish for a fuzzy blanket. 

Granted. A million wooly bear caterpillars appear above you, and soon you find yourself blanketed by the fuzzy adorable little guys. Your bane is that you are now allergic to metal.

Spoiler

caterpillar.thumb.jpg.0b2d35abc68861b3955ecde531449eba.jpg

I wish for something unusual.

37 minutes ago, Kings_way said:

The nightwatcher hands you a book by Brandon Sanderson that isn't amazing.

I wish for a working replica of Iron man's suit.

Does that mean I have to read Elantris again?

Granted! The item you seek actually exists, and can in fact be purchased on earth, but the Nightwatcher hands you a mint condition unopened box with this inside:

Spoiler

review_htsuit_9.thumb.jpg.f5cfb2e79a4ee91e1bd53b66105772f8.jpg

Check out how you can unbutton his suit and move his tie, it's a totally working suit

review_htsuit_7.thumb.jpg.f9f4c16e37b0b6c3db63a03d81b6bf24.jpg

Your bane is that you smell like one of those little tree air fresheners, the NightWatcher's not totally evil, so you get to pick between Bayside Breeze, Leather, New Car Scent, and Carribean Colada.

I wish for a technicolor dream coat.

Granted. Your brothers tear it up and sell you into slavery.

I wish for that bane to be removed from existence so that it never actually happened to hoiditthroughthegrapevine or anyone else (except for that one incident a couple thousand years ago).