The Hunger Games Chat Thread

1 minute ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

It is good. Honestly, I don’t know why it isn’t published just outside the cosmere.

maby he wants to come back to it later inside the cosmere once he has irond out how aethers work.

1 hour ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

i more ment it for the current one. as i remember it being confirmed to be a cosmere one

If you look back, where they said that it could have been taken to be answering a different question, so it might still be up in the air 😶

Edited by InvisibIe

18 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

sorry for the double post but @SmilingPanda19 because of timezone differences previously mentioned in the previous post could we get a basic time that the sign-ups will open. 

Signups will be opening sometime in the next 2 hours, depending on whether I get distracted by slugs and stories :)

16 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Signups will be opening sometime in the next 2 hours, depending on whether I get distracted by slugs and stories :)

Are you okay with me IMing the next hunger games? (Unless anyone else wants to instead)

11 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Are you okay with me IMing the next hunger games? (Unless anyone else wants to instead)

We're planning on no IM for this one. I can go into detail if you'd like, but it boils down to this: we don't have a major need for it yet, and would like to refine the process a little bit more before implementing it here. I hope that's okay with everyone!

13 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

We're planning on no IM for this one. I can go into detail if you'd like, but it boils down to this: we don't have a major need for it yet, and would like to refine the process a little bit more before implementing it here. I hope that's okay with everyone!

That's okay. But that also means there needs to be more awareness on participants' and gamemakers' ends.

2 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

Honestly I think that the unfairness of the GMs os what is part of the uniqueness of the rp

Literally no one but me has argued with the GMs and felt strongly against it so like,

Idk

I'm trying not to reopen wounds here, but there is some stuff that I do wish there was an IM or someone to at least talk to about. 

I do think that part of the uniqueness of the games is the GMs being monsters but I mean also part of the games is the different people who play, and the interactions within (things like merp or Cassian, for instance) and I think that should be focused on, rather than promoting conflict by having the GMs be even more unfair.

Just now, Aeoryi said:

Literally no one but me has argued with the GMs and felt strongly against it so like,

Idk

I'm trying not to reopen wounds here, but there is some stuff that I do wish there was an IM or someone to at least talk to about. 

I do think that part of the uniqueness of the games is the GMs being monsters but I mean also part of the games is the different people who play, and the interactions within (things like merp or Cassian, for instance) and I think that should be focused on, rather than promoting conflict by having the GMs be even more unfair.

True, I think that we all come into the rp expecting different stuff. I think it could be interesting to have a challenging authority.

1 minute ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

True, I think that we all come into the rp expecting different stuff. I think it could be interesting to have a challenging authority.

I mean I would prefer if the GMs reserved "lightning smite" style deaths (where the GMs directly kill characters without them standing a chance) until later, because people should at least be able to expect not to die within the first 72 hours

33 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

More awareness in what way?

People need to pay attention to how they may be perceived by others 

3 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

I mean I would prefer if the GMs reserved "lightning smite" style deaths (where the GMs directly kill characters without them standing a chance) until later, because people should at least be able to expect not to die within the first 72 hours

i think it makes more sence that it would only happen if something like there being no deaths for a while. just to keep things interesting for the people watching on tv

9 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Idk

5 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

We understand your issues, but so far there hasn't been enough conflict that we want to have an IM quite yet. We'll probably put one in at some point in the future, though. We're trying to keep this fun for everyone, and while I don't agree that we're overly unfair, it won't do any good to argue about it. Thanks for sharing your opinions, but some things might not be changing, at least not yet. I hope you can enjoy this anyway!

4 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

i think it makes more sence that it would only happen if something like there being no deaths for a while. just to keep things interesting for the people watching on tv

I strongly disagree with this but I'm going to spare the GMs here and not expand on why.

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

We understand your issues, but so far there hasn't been enough conflict that we want to have an IM quite yet. We'll probably put one in at some point in the future, though. We're trying to keep this fun for everyone, and while I don't agree that we're overly unfair, it won't do any good to argue about it. Thanks for sharing your opinions, but some things might not be changing, at least not yet. I hope you can enjoy this anyway!

Again, disagree with parts of this, but I will refrain from continuing this meaningless discussion.

2 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

Sigh. I think this was the first time that I wasn’t first to sign up.

Also, I haven’t read Alcatraz, but in theory it’ll end up fine…………..?

It probably will! This one is less focused around the magic, so it shouldn't be too hard to understand, and the coppermind is always there if you need it.