Question 2

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Are we planning to move out of Portland?

Well, Megan said that Oregon had been destroyed, not just Portland and other major cities. That seems to imply that the destruction spread across the entire state.

Are the Roses the name of Revolution's hippie group. (I can't remember the term)

Um... yes, sort of? You'll see more of them soon.

I used to be worried that Thoughttown's group was too big. I'm still worried about their size, but now I'm worried that they're too small and not powerful enough. :(

Hmm. Not sure how to remedy this, not immediately at any rate. They are the only faction with running public services and the most vanilla recruits, which helps cement them as key players. Maybe we could make more cannon fodder Epics to work for Thoughttown?

Well, Megan said that Oregon had been destroyed, not just Portland and other major cities. That seems to imply that the destruction spread across the entire state.

Um... yes, sort of? You'll see more of them soon.

Hmm. Not sure how to remedy this, not immediately at any rate. They are the only faction with running public services and the most vanilla recruits, which helps cement them as key players. Maybe we could make more cannon fodder Epics to work for Thoughttown?

Yes, I just didn't know if we were planning to RP all that destruction as well.

Hmmm okay.

Yeah. I was thinking cannon fodder NPCs. I'll see what I come up with. I also have some ideas for Altermind to propose at the meeting with the Empire.

Well, I looked at Altermind's first Pov sentence; this is it: "Altermind had grown up in Portland." Well. Not much foreshadowing there. ;)

Edited by Mailliw73

Do I sense a nemesis relationship in the works? ;)

Hidden for sanity reasons (Voidus, open with care. :P)

I thought of that this morning, considering the emergence of dark!Funtimes. That could certainly happen....but there's also the chance of her heading in a more Prof-like direction. And honestly, that choice scares me more than anything about her character. She's at a tipping point, and I'm honestly not sure which way she'll go. I'm hoping she'll go good, but the opposite is just as likely.

Funtimes is that rarest of creatures: a powerful Epic that's also a decent human being. She's most definitely insane, but her heart seems to be in the right place.

If Lightwards had threatened a servant working for, say, Steelheart, Steelheart would have said something along the lines of "These people belong to me. You're not allowed to hurt them." Funtimes said that they were her friends. It bespeaks a fundamental difference from conventional Epic psychology.

At the same time, she's clearly been corrupted by Calamity. There's a very ruthless component to her, and the fact that she won't let her "friends" go back to their homes indicates that she still sees herself as having been given the right to dominate them.

My best guess? With Oregon being steadily destroyed and her servants under greater and greater danger, I'd anticipate that Funtimes would be forced to use her powers more and more. And that would be the downfall of reasonably-ethical-Funtimes.

That's just a theory, of course. And she does have one person near to her (Sam) who knows about the connection between Epic power usage and Epic atrocities. If she listened to Sam on this matter--unlikely, but possible--she could conceivably cut her corruption short.

Yes, I just didn't know if we were planning to RP all that destruction as well.

Hmmm okay.

Yeah. I was thinking cannon fodder NPCs. I'll see what I come up with. I also have some ideas for Altermind to propose at the meeting with the Empire.

Well, I looked at Altermind's first Pov sentence; this is it: "Altermind had grown up in Portland." Well. Not much foreshadowing there. ;)

But we're having too much fun to stop at Portland! :D

Voidus has a whole load of NPC Epics up for adoption. One of my personal favorites is "Intervention," who can cause people to become instantly intoxicated. I've imagined him as a super-assassin, so that could be a cool character for Thoughttown to have. :)

Maybe Altermind should also die in Portland, to bring his story full circle? :P;)

Edited by Kobold King

Voidus has a whole load of NPC Epics up for adoption. One of my personal favorites is "Intervention," who can cause people to become instantly intoxicated. I've imagined him as a super-assassin, so that could be a cool character for Thoughttown to have. :)

Maybe Altermind should also die in Portland, to bring his story full circle? :P;)

True. Very true. :)

Oh yeah. When you mentioned him yesterday, I planned to say something, but I forgot. Epic assassin for the win! I'm calling dibs officially. ;)

I like that. He could end with "Altermind had grown up in Portland and now Altermind died in Portland."

True. Very true. :)

Oh yeah. When you mentioned him yesterday, I planned to say something, but I forgot. Epic assassin for the win! I'm calling dibs officially. ;)

I like that. He could end with "Altermind had grown up in Portland and now Altermind died in Portland."

roflbot.jpg

I like that. I like that a lot. With the amount of time, effort, and soul Altermind's put into Portland, it would feel very strange for him to outlive his home city.

Also claiming these guys:

Transfer: Upon his death, he is reborn as his murderer, if the person who killed him is an Epic he retains both his own powers and theirs, though he loses any new powers upon subsequent deaths.

Tactic: Can produce copious amounts of smoke, and control any smoke he’s created, can do different colors.

I'll put up bios for them later.

roflbot.jpg

I like that. I like that a lot. With the amount of time, effort, and soul Altermind's put into Portland, it would feel very strange for him to outlive his home city.

Speaking of, did you ever finish Max's?

Me too. Especially with how much he put into Thoughttown and how he was one of the most powerful ones originally from Portland.

I have an idea for my second Halloween RP character. An Epic who can cause someone to think of their darkest moment. The moment which scares them most about themselves. He also learns what that moment is. He can also learn what a person most cares for. He uses this to get people to do things they wouldn't want to. Coupled with an illusionist, he'd be crazy powerful. Should I make him a light illusionist?

His final power is that he can cause pain in people's knees. It can only affect one person at a Time. He does this to cause people to bow to him for fun. Edit: I decided that this doesn't fit with this Epic. I'll just leave it as an idea for someone else.

Any feedback or name suggestions?

Edited by Mailliw73

Funtimes is that rarest of creatures: a powerful Epic that's also a decent human being. She's most definitely insane, but her heart seems to be in the right place.

If Lightwards had threatened a servant working for, say, Steelheart, Steelheart would have said something along the lines of "These people belong to me. You're not allowed to hurt them." Funtimes said that they were her friends. It bespeaks a fundamental difference from conventional Epic psychology.

At the same time, she's clearly been corrupted by Calamity. There's a very ruthless component to her, and the fact that she won't let her "friends" go back to their homes indicates that she still sees herself as having been given the right to dominate them.

My best guess? With Oregon being steadily destroyed and her servants under greater and greater danger, I'd anticipate that Funtimes would be forced to use her powers more and more. And that would be the downfall of reasonably-ethical-Funtimes.

That's just a theory, of course. And she does have one person near to her (Sam) who knows about the connection between Epic power usage and Epic atrocities. If she listened to Sam on this matter--unlikely, but possible--she could conceivably cut her corruption short.

Maybe Altermind should also die in Portland, to bring his story full circle?

The one thing Funtimes can't create with her powers is friends. Oh, she could make herself a hamster sidekick. She tried that once, but it wasn't the same. ;) She likes people and wants to be liked in return, but she does have a ruthless side.

If she were given a choice between constant use of her powers and being liked by her friends, it would depend largely on how that choice was given. Gently, respectfully, and over a somewhat long period, if she was brought to see how her corruption was affecting her friends, she could be persuaded to make the right choice. But told the same thing as an angry ultimatum? I don't want to think about it. :o

On the other hand, she could become more like Prof: using her powers to arm others, rarely on her own. It would still make her unstable, but if she were aware of the connection and valued her friends' opinions of her, it could keep her from giving in to her dark side.

So long story short: Her vanillas could be her salvation or her downfall, and right now it's hard to say which is more likely.

Edit: I also think there's a certain poetry to Altermind not outliving Portland.

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Cannon Fodder - Epic (Also nicknamed stormtrooper)

Primary Power: Can replicate himself up to fifty times.

Secondary: Attraction field - Any projectiles and random shrapnel are twice as likely to hit his clones then they are anyone else.

If he doesn't fit the bill, I don't know who does.

Edited by Fatebreaker

Also claiming these guys:

Transfer: Upon his death, he is reborn as his murderer, if the person who killed him is an Epic he retains both his own powers and theirs, though he loses any new powers upon subsequent deaths.

Tactic: Can produce copious amounts of smoke, and control any smoke he’s created, can do different colors.

I'll put up bios for them later.

Speaking of, did you ever finish Max's?

Me too. Especially with how much he put into Thoughttown and how he was one of the most powerful ones originally from Portland.

It'll be cool to see those guys in action. :D

Max pony? I definitely didn't forget about that. I definitely did not rush straight to the pony creator to assemble a Mark I model the moment I saw that sentence. Nope. Definitely did it a long time ago.  :ph34r:

335640a2e4559c795a83909cf49869be.png

Open for critique.

I have an idea for my second Halloween RP character. An Epic who can cause someone to think of their darkest moment. The moment which scares them most about themselves. He also learns what that moment is. He can also learn what a person most cares for. He uses this to get people to do things they wouldn't want to. Coupled with an illusionist, he'd be crazy powerful. Should I make him a light illusionist?

His final power is that he can cause pain in people's knees. It can only affect one person at a Time. He does this to cause people to bow to him for fun. Edit: I decided that this doesn't fit with this Epic. I'll just leave it as an idea for someone else.

Any feedback or name suggestions?

I love him. :D Maybe he could be called "Grovel" or "Darkest Hour"?

The one thing Funtimes can't create with her powers is friends. Oh, she could make herself a hamster sidekick. She tried that once, but it wasn't the same. ;) She likes people and wants to be liked in return, but she does have a ruthless side.

If she were given a choice between constant use of her powers and being liked by her friends, it would depend largely on how that choice was given. Gently, respectfully, and over a somewhat long period, if she was brought to see how her corruption was affecting her friends, she could be persuaded to make the right choice. But told the same thing as an angry ultimatum? I don't want to think about it. :o

On the other hand, she could become more like Prof: using her powers to arm others, rarely on her own. It would still make her unstable, but if she were aware of the connection and valued her friends' opinions of her, it could keep her from giving in to her dark side.

So long story short: Her vanillas could be her salvation or her downfall, and right now it's hard to say which is more likely.

Edit: I also think there's a certain poetry to Altermind not outliving Portland.

Funtimes is a complicated character. And Sam isn't likely to speak quite so angrily to her--she isn't big on the whole "clothes turning into gasoline" thing. :P

If one of her vanillas did push her over the edge, in either direction, I suspect it would be Nathan as opposed to Sam or Remington. She has known him the longest, after all, and he is her boyfriend.

Max pony? I definitely didn't forget about that. I definitely did not rush straight to the pony creator to assemble a Mark I model the moment I saw that sentence. Nope. Definitely did it a long time ago. :ph34r:

Open for critique.

Funtimes is a complicated character. And Sam isn't likely to speak quite so angrily to her--she isn't big on the whole "clothes turning into gasoline" thing. :P

If one of her vanillas did push her over the edge, in either direction, I suspect it would be Nathan as opposed to Sam or Remington. She has known him the longest, after all, and he is her boyfriend.

I like the Max pony. :D

Darkest Hour is a better name than I had in mind for him. :mellow: He sounds terrifying, which means he's perfect for the Halloween RP. ;)

Nathan is definitely the most likely candidate to set her off. He's also, at the moment, the most likely to tug her back toward the right path, for the reasons you outlined. For the latter to happen, they would need to do the one thing characters in romantic subplots seem incapable of doing: talk about their issues.

Since I hate that trope and like writing cheerful!Funtimes more than dark!Funtimes, I will work toward having him conquer his abject terror of her at the earliest opportunity. :D:P

The only thing you did 'Wrong' (Not really) is putting Out of character stuff. (The blue text) That's what we have this thread for. Not that that matters.

Corpsemaker is at his Base, the Kliever Armory, right next to Thoughttown. Mundivore and Quota, two Epics of CorpseMaker, are nearby, so they would be willing to bring you along.

EDIT:

There was Foreshadowing for Sightline's Weakness in his very first Post, and it's now commonly know (at least on this thread.)

I assume that means i'll have to read the thread, as I have no idea sho those are :P

The only thing you did 'Wrong' (Not really) is putting Out of character stuff. (The blue text) That's what we have this thread for. Not that that matters.

Corpsemaker is at his Base, the Kliever Armory, right next to Thoughttown. Mundivore and Quota, two Epics of CorpseMaker, are nearby, so they would be willing to bring you along.

EDIT:

There was Foreshadowing for Sightline's Weakness in his very first Post, and it's now commonly know (at least on this thread.)

I assume that means i'll have to read the thread, as I have no idea sho those are :P

EDIT: Gah, sorry about the double post, my tablet's being funky

Edited by mail-mi

I like the Max pony. :D

Darkest Hour is a better name than I had in mind for him. :mellow: He sounds terrifying, which means he's perfect for the Halloween RP. ;)

Nathan is definitely the most likely candidate to set her off. He's also, at the moment, the most likely to tug her back toward the right path, for the reasons you outlined. For the latter to happen, they would need to do the one thing characters in romantic subplots seem incapable of doing: talk about their issues.

Since I hate that trope and like writing cheerful!Funtimes more than dark!Funtimes, I will work toward having him conquer his abject terror of her at the earliest opportunity. :D:P

Thanks. :) Now I just wait and see what suggestions my client has. (For some reason I love that word. Client. Cli-ent. It's a fun word.)

I to0 abhor that trope, so I'm glad to hear it will be subverted here. :D

One final note: since Sam and Revolution will be following Lightwards around for a while to record different orders, I'm thinking of minimizing Lightwards' viewpoint scenes through the month of October. Not only will I have my hands full with Calamityville, I'm not sure how I feel about writing POVs from Slaughterhouse, insane!Möbius, and Lightwards all at the same time.  :unsure: Sam and Revolution are way more fun to write.

Thoughts?

Edited by Kobold King

Thanks. :) Now I just wait and see what suggestions my client has. (For some reason I love that word. Client. Cli-ent. It's a fun word.)

I to0 abhor that trope, so I'm glad to hear it will be subverted here. :D

One final note: since Sam and Revolution will be following Lightwards around for a while to record different orders, I'm thinking of minimizing Lightwards' viewpoint scenes through the month of October. Not only will I have my hands full with Calamityville, I'm not sure how I feel about writing POVs from Slaughterhouse, insane!Möbius, and Lightwards all at the same time. :unsure: Sam and Revolution are way more fun to write.

Thoughts?

It's a very official-sounding word. :D "My client would like to say...."

Their romance is bizarre enough without adding Poor Communication Kills to it. :P

I like reading Lightwards' viewpoints, but Sam and Revolution are much more relatable. And decent. Besides, the best part of his viewpoint scenes (at least for me) is reading precisely how far Funtimes' latest make out session with Nathan has raised his blood pressure, and I have a feeling we'll be getting fewer of those, at least when Lightwards is in the picture, since I imagine he and Funtimes will avoid each other for at least a while.

So yes, I support this decision.

Max pony? I definitely didn't forget about that. I definitely did not rush straight to the pony creator to assemble a Mark I model the moment I saw that sentence. Nope. Definitely did it a long time ago. :ph34r:

Open for critique.

Here is Intervention's bio:

Epic Name: Intervention

Human Name: Isaac Vino

Weakness: <PM'd to the GM>

Shattered glass.

Primary Power: He can cause others to become immediately intoxicated. He has to focus on one person at a time. Can choose how strongly to intoxicate others.

Secondary Power: He can fill glass containers with alcohol. The types can be chosen, but the default is wine.

Passive Power: Cannot become drunk.

Appearance: Tall, with long black hair that he lets hang on the side of his face. It reaches to his chin in the front and collar in the back. He has a small goatee that is just an arrow under his lip.

Home City: Detroit

Interests: Murder

Job: Hired Assassin

Weaponry: a pair of knives and a staff.

Intervention became an assassin after Calamity granted him his powers. His powers allow him to walk right past security guards and other people who get in his way. He began to assassinate powerful Epics. He sends the people they rule into chaos by murdering their leaders.

I really like that one. Can you scale that one down too? ;) I may use that as my profile pic at some point.

I like the name Darkest Hour. :) I think I'll make him an illusionist and get rid of the pain power. Should we start a planning thread for the Halloween RP?

Edited by Mailliw73

Here is Intervention's bio:

Epic Name: Intervention

Human Name: Isaac Vino

Weakness: <PM'd to the GM>

Shattered glass.

Primary Power: He can cause others to become immediately intoxicated. He has to focus on one person at a time. Cannot affect Epics.

Secondary Power: He can fill glass containers with alcohol. The types can be chosen, but the default is wine.

Passive Power: Cannot become drunk.

Appearance: Tall, with long black hair that he lets hang on the side of his face. It reaches to his chin in the front and collar in the back. He has a small goatee that is just an arrow under his lip.

Home City: Detroit

Interests: Murder

Job: Hired Assassin

Weaponry: a pair of knives and a staff.

Intervention became an assassin after Calamity granted him his powers. His powers allow him to walk right past security guards and other people who get in his way. He began to assassinate powerful Epics. He sends the people they rule into chaos by murdering their leaders.

I really like that one. Can you scale that one down too? ;) I may use that as my profile pic at some point.

I like the name Darkest Hour. :) I think I'll make him an illusionist and get rid of the pain power. Should we start a planning thread for the Halloween RP?

Oh yes. I like Intervention as a character. Why do his powers only work on vanillas, though? I was looking forward to seeing what a Funtimes who's literally drunk with power would do. :PB)

Sure thing. I'll get on that.

A Question 1 ½ thread? :P I guess we could, if TwiLyght would rather we didn't use this one for all our Epic RP needs.

Oh yes. I like Intervention as a character. Why do his powers only work on vanillas, though? I was looking forward to seeing what a Funtimes who's literally drunk with power would do. :PB)

Sure thing. I'll get on that.

A Question 1 ½ thread? :P I guess we could, if TwiLyght would rather we didn't use this one for all our Epic RP needs.

Planning thread started under "This Is Halloween." Just for the sake of convenience and so we can have all our character bios and creepy ideas in one place. :P

Wait. Intervention's powers don't work on Epics....he's a gifter....who gifts intoxication? :mellow::P

Planning thread started under "This Is Halloween." Just for the sake of convenience and so we can have all our character bios and creepy ideas in one place. :P

Wait. Intervention's powers don't work on Epics....he's a gifter....who gifts intoxication? :mellow::P

Tally-ho. I'll post a bio for Karma tonight if all goes according to plan.

(And I'll try to get that promised Vanilla Sabotage response up as well.)

On a gameplay front, I would support Intervention being able to affect Epics. Especially since Thoughttown may soon be under siege from vast quantities of powerful Epics, and a way to neutralize them would be very effective in terms of game balancing.

On the other hand, a gifter who gifts intoxication is hilarious. :D:P

Tally-ho. I'll post a bio for Karma tonight if all goes according to plan.

(And I'll try to get that promised Vanilla Sabotage response up as well.)

On a gameplay front, I would support Intervention being able to affect Epics. Especially since Thoughttown may soon be under siege from vast quantities of powerful Epics, and a way to neutralize them would be very effective in terms of game balancing.

On the other hand, a gifter who gifts intoxication is hilarious. :D:P

Here's all the convincing anyone needs for making him able to affect Epics:

Drunk Funtimes.

Let that sink in.

Doctor Funtimes....drunk.

I trust I've made my case. :D

Here's all the convincing anyone needs for making him able to affect Epics:

Drunk Funtimes.

Let that sink in.

Doctor Funtimes....drunk.

I trust I've made my case. :D

Doctor Drunktimes? :P

It also means he can affect Lightwards, which would result in a sobbing Lightwards leaning on Remington while bawling about his inner turnoil. :P

Doctor Drunktimes? :P

It also means he can affect Lightwards, which would result in a sobbing Lightwards leaning on Remington while bawling about his inner turnoil. :P

*sniff* "And....and nobody likes my zombies...and that hippie made fun of my hat...and...and...and I'm all out of Spam!"

*pats his shoulder* "You poor baby. How do you get along."

We need to make drunk!Lightwards canon pronto. :D