Question 2

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Nice posts Fatebreaker, although given that 'Prime invincibility' is a term that David invented it's unlikely that anyone else would use it in world.

maybe Fade is just equally inventive.

...or maybe I haven't read Steelheart in a while.

Nice catch, thanks for reminding me.

Edit: Fixed

Edited by Fatebreaker

I do need to ask, Fatebreaker, what is the point of Fade having accelerated healing?  You said he stops existing if injured, so why does he need healing?

Same question I had to be honest. That and exactly how broken Sandman is. Oh well, two more high Epics for the empire, they are getting rusting powerful.

Wait a minute... terrifying, civilized, prudish? I think it's quite clear that Lightwards and Lucentia were made for each other. :P

(This actually makes me wonder if there's any Epic in Oregon who could be swayed to Lightwards' cause on ideological grounds. His long term goal is to conquer the world and ultimately this galaxy, forming a deathless utopia of humanity united under him and his lieutenants.)

Oh please the very idea... could actually work... Lightwards affability would most likely bring him on her good side and while she doesn´t have ideological reasons for wanting the empire, mindless zombies would hold certain advantages for her.

Okay, that's what I thought. It's very good.

After the current fight and Gordon hooks up Max with the Reckoners, Alice could meet him. Or while he is contacting the Reckoners. So pretty soon. I don't know about Remington though.

Max's whole goal, if you remember is to eliminate all Epics. He used to fight by helping the civilians, but now he fights with revolution. While Electro is his immediate goal, he hates Epics and would never contact ones as powerful and hateful as the Empire's. He will only be willing to work with Chi because he is a gifter and thus is not a horrible person.

As Joe said, Upgrade does just that. Enhances Epics.    

Thanks. I did my best.

Chi´s a gifter?

That one will be fun, most ikely against cannon given that you can´t gift Epics either but Braize if I care.

Well then, post comming up soonish.

Same question I had to be honest. That and exactly how broken Sandman is. Oh well, two more high Epics for the empire, they are getting rusting powerful.

Oh, Sandman is definitely broken. You'll see eventually.

And just because they initially join the empire doesn't mean they'll remain there.

I'm working on the group of Epics that Zip and Refill will recruit so far I'm thinking:

FX: Can create illusions of particle effects he has seen.
Repairman: Can ‘save’ the molecular structure of an object and if it is destroyed or altered he can later  restore it to its original state given a piece of it. Frequently uses this ability to eat the same sandwich multiple times.

Stitch: He can control threads with perfect control.
IFF: Can mentally ‘tag’ people and will then be able to track their position relative to his own, gifter.

Melt: can liquefy anything he touches that's not alive.

Oh, Sandman is definitely broken. You'll see eventually.

And just because they initially join the empire doesn't mean they'll remain there.

Not sure how I feel about that to be honest. The idea of him teleporting in, killing everyone without prime invincibilty in their sleep and trap most of the rest underground/mind-probe their weakness sits bad with the side of me that wants some kind of balance in all of this (I think there really are only two activ Epic in game that he couldn´t deal with). Even counting the not in game Epics, like Möbius he´s broken.

I'm working on the group of Epics that Zip and Refill will recruit so far I'm thinking:

FX: Can create illusions of particle effects he has seen.

Repairman: Can ‘save’ the molecular structure of an object and if it is destroyed or altered he can later  restore it to its original state given a piece of it. Frequently uses this ability to eat the same sandwich multiple times.

Stitch: He can control threads with perfect control.

IFF: Can mentally ‘tag’ people and will then be able to track their position relative to his own, gifter.

Melt: can liquefy anything he touches that's not alive.

Seems like a nice line up of minor Epics. (Now, giving everyone of them PoV would most likely lead to bloat but that´s another matter entirely.) I´m not sure why but I like Stitch.

Not sure how I feel about that to be honest. The idea of him teleporting in, killing everyone without prime invincibilty in their sleep and trap most of the rest underground/mind-probe their weakness sits bad with the side of me that wants some kind of balance in all of this (I think there really are only two activ Epic in game that he couldn´t deal with). Even counting the not in game Epics, like Möbius he´s broken.

He's limited in the number he can take out at a time though, Lightwards could swamp him in Zombies and he'd be pretty easily dealt with, and given how PP's personalities work he'd have to put each of them to sleep individually, CM would just negate him straight away, and Altermind could probably still use illusions while asleep since it's mentally based, I don't think he's a major threat to any of the factions by himself, he's up there with the other High Epics but I wouldn't say that he's broken.

No more than Funtimes teleporting in and turning their clothes into acid, or Penumbra flying past and spearing them in their eye, or Saccharine teleporting some cyanide directly into their blood, his power lets him incapacitate people and then he can kill them, plenty of other people just have powers that can kill people, his is just a middle ground.

No more than Funtimes teleporting in and turning their clothes into acid, or Penumbra flying past and spearing them in their eye, or Saccharine teleporting some cyanide directly into their blood, his power lets him incapacitate people and then he can kill them, plenty of other people just have powers that can kill people, his is just a middle ground.

Yeah, I guess I was running my head into something there, not to make up excuses but I have been a bit out of it these last couple of days, I spend almost an quarter of an hour misusing soft-pads as drums, for some inexplainable reason, even though I wanted to write. :unsure:

If he touches someone it's instant, but long range can take up to 5 seconds uninterrupted. If someone teleports or hits him with an attack, his concentration is broken and he must start over.

How is the time when he splits it over a group and how deep is the sleep?

Yeah, I guess I was running my head into something there, not to make up excuses but I have been a bit out of it these last couple of days, I spend almost an quarter of an hour misusing soft-pads as drums, for some inexplainable reason, even though I wanted to write. :unsure:

How is the time when he splits it over a group and how deep is the sleep?

hey, there nothing wrong with drumming on random objects. As a percussionist I encourage it as an expression of art.(at least that's my excuse to my roommates :ph34r: )

Hope you feel better soon.

The more people included, the longer the time. However, the sleepers can only be awoken by someone else, not by the noise of the battle continuing around them. otherwise they could be asleep anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours or more. The deeper the sleep, the greater Sandman must concentrate. However they start to feel drowsy immediately. 

Edited by Fatebreaker

Seems like a nice line up of minor Epics. (Now, giving everyone of them PoV would most likely lead to bloat but that´s another matter entirely.) I´m not sure why but I like Stitch.

Thanks, no they won't all get POVs, they're just a convenient source of conflict for minor skirmishes where someone just wants to kill an Epic. :P

Yeah I started adding to the list again, Stitch was one of the more recent ideas I had, he'll be trying to make zombies of his own by stitching all over corpses and then manipulating the thread.

Thanks, no they won't all get POVs, they're just a convenient source of conflict for minor skirmishes where someone just wants to kill an Epic. :P

Yeah I started adding to the list again, Stitch was one of the more recent ideas I had, he'll be trying to make zombies of his own by stitching all over corpses and then manipulating the thread.

I call dibs on showing him what a real necromancer looks like.  :ph34r:

I call dibs on showing him what a real necromancer looks like.  :ph34r:

I was going to talk to you about having him fight Lightwards at some point, with all the pushing around that Funtimes has been up to he definitely needs something to vent on, and I thought and upstart rival necromancer might be just the thing.

I was going to talk to you about having him fight Lightwards at some point, with all the pushing around that Funtimes has been up to he definitely needs something to vent on, and I thought and upstart rival necromancer might be just the thing.

Nathan and Remington already think Lightwards has some unpleasantly childlike tendencies; wonder how they'd feel to know even the writers are coddling him? :P

(I actually like the idea. Venting on some upstart rival is better than venting on helpless bystanders. :P)

I've also decided on my character for the Haloween RP:

Simon: Can control the actions of anyone near him, must deliver his commands verbally and his target has to be able to hear the command.

If we let Stitch sew his threads into living people, he could make a pretty terrifying Calamityville Epic. 

But I like Simon. :)

Nathan and Remington already think Lightwards has some unpleasantly childlike tendencies; wonder how they'd feel to know even the writers are coddling him? :P

(I actually like the idea. Venting on some upstart rival is better than venting on helpless bystanders. :P)

Writing the fight between him and Quickslide was pretty fun. I much prefer writing Epic battles to having Lightwards slaughter a bunch of helpless vanillas.

If we let Stitch sew his threads into living people, he could make a pretty terrifying Calamityville Epic.

But I like Simon. :)

Writing the fight between him and Quickslide was pretty fun. I much prefer writing Epic battles to having Lightwards slaughter a bunch of helpless vanillas.

If he goes after any vanillas Funtimes likes, she just might start singing and interpreting "You Give Love a Bad Name." "Shot through the heart and you're to blame....this is a prison, you can't break free...."

Maybe we could have a section of Calamityville dedicated to all of Lightwards' nightmares. :P

Depending on what kind of scale we want CalamityVille to be I might put both of them in :P
But yeah I've been working on Simon for a while, he's got a long backstory and MO in my head already, so since we've already all agreed we're not going to be sleeping anyway I definitely want to use him.

Maybe we could have a section of Calamityville dedicated to all of Lightwards' nightmares. :P

It's not truly a Lightwards nightmare unless sinister!Funtimes is there. :P

Depending on what kind of scale we want CalamityVille to be I might put both of them in :P

But yeah I've been working on Simon for a while, he's got a long backstory and MO in my head already, so since we've already all agreed we're not going to be sleeping anyway I definitely want to use him.

I'm going to have three Epics in the game--Slaughterhouse, an insane Möbius, and a mental/astral projection Epic called Karma.

Simon definitely sounds cool and it will be neat--and probably horrifying--to meet him. :D

It's not truly a Lightwards nightmare unless sinister!Funtimes is there. :P

I'm going to have three Epics in the game--Slaughterhouse, an insane Möbius, and a mental/astral projection Epic called Karma.

Simon definitely sounds cool and it will be neat--and probably horrifying--to meet him. :D

Sinister!Funtimes and her best friend Möbius. :o

Agreed on the Simon part. I think I'll just use Koschei. A lifetime of nightmares is enough. :P

Well let's just say that upon receiving his powers the first thing Simon did was play a game of 'Simon says' with his family.
There were no survivors.
I was going to use Synesthesia, which I still might but I also want to introduce her into Oregon at some point, she's not particularly terrifying, at least not on the same level as the others in Calamityville.