Question 2

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

He's a much better Epic than Quota. :P

Now….wait for Edge and Joe, or quick post for Remington?

I'll go with Remington. Have him tag along and glare at Lightwards while Nathan stays behind. :P She needs a sane narrator, after all, so I'll take the scarier of the two. ;)

Excellent. I thought that as long as you're in a badchull mood anyway, might as well namedrop the Sadry's. :P:D

The reference to a voice speaking in Lightwards' head years ago is based off of what Deathpoint said in the bank. I subscribe to the theory that it was Calamity itself speaking to Deathpoint, so that's what I had in mind here.

Of course, if it later turns out that this theory is completely false, we can chalk it up to Lightwards' antidepressants working poorly with Epic physiology, causing mild schizophrenia. :P

Excellent. I thought that as long as you're in a badchull mood anyway, might as well namedrop the Sadry's. :P:D

The reference to a voice speaking in Lightwards' head years ago is based off of what Deathpoint said in the bank. I subscribe to the theory that it was Calamity itself speaking to Deathpoint, so that's what I had in mind here.

Of course, if it later turns out that this theory is completely false, we can chalk it up to Lightwards' antidepressants working poorly with Epic physiology, causing mild schizophrenia. :P

You want badchull? You'll get badchull. Let's just say that if Nathan tries to calm her down, Remington will do the exact opposite of that. :P 

I caught that and liked it, honestly. I too subscribe to that theory, and if it turns out to be wrong…well, she already thinks Calamity is the Flying Spaghetti Monster, so it's not too much of a leap to say that she thinks it speaks to her, too. :P 

I really love this latest Remington scene. :D 

Just one question? Who does this refer to:

She scowled at him. "He hit you." 

​"And I'm still standing. I—" 

"He's not allowed to hit you. Any of you." The argument over, she turned on her heel and marched back toward Sightline and Voidgaze. Remington followed. 

I'm probably being dim-witted here, but is she referring to Lightwards punching Nathan, or Nathan punching Remington?

Lightwards punching Nathan. I'll edit to clear that up. 

And thanks! :)

Oh--right after I posted that question, I noticed that the male speaker called her "sweetie." As of yet, Remington and Funtimes don't have that kind of relationship. :P

And while Funtimes may be Lightwards' Epic nemesis, I get the feeling that he should be far more afraid of Remington Springfield. Not that he knows it.

Oh--right after I posted that question, I noticed that the male speaker called her "sweetie." As of yet, Remington and Funtimes don't have that kind of relationship. :P

And while Funtimes may be Lightwards' Epic nemesis, I get the feeling that he should be far more afraid of Remington Springfield. Not that he knows it.

Koschei was an Epic….

Who had fancied himself Oregon's Steelheart. 

And now he's dead. 

Yes, Lightwards should be more terrified of Remington Springfield. He should sleep with one eye open, gripping his pillow tight. :P 

Koschei was an Epic….

And now he's dead. 

Yes, Lightwards should be more terrified of Remington Springfield. He should sleep with one eye open, gripping his pillow tight. :P

Typical Epic arrogance. Scared of a spatial distortion Epic who lives hundreds of miles away, but oblivious to the Epic-killing gun-slinging hunter with a grudge against him. :P

Are we still planning on having Alice meet Max and Remington? Any ideas on when these things could happen?

Typical Epic arrogance. Scared of a spatial distortion Epic who lives hundreds of miles away, but oblivious to the Epic-killing gun-slinging hunter with a grudge against him. :P

Are we still planning on having Alice meet Max and Remington? Any ideas on when these things could happen?

I don't know about Max, but I was planning to have it come out in one of Nathan and Remington's conversations that Nathan told Alice to think, that she did, and when Remington learns that she wandered off (which, depending on how things go, may be before or after he learns about Alice thinking) he'll start seeking her out to see if she might hold a key to bringing down Lightwards. This might happen after Max runs into her, or it might happen before, depending on how everything pans out. But if you wanted to accelerate their meeting, you could have Alice wander near the Empire during the beard-a-palooza, at which point Nathan recognizes her and points her out. Although that would be dangerous for a number of reasons. 

I don't know about Max, but I was planning to have it come out in one of Nathan and Remington's conversations that Nathan told Alice to think, that she did, and when Remington learns that she wandered off (which, depending on how things go, may be before or after he learns about Alice thinking) he'll start seeking her out to see if she might hold a key to bringing down Lightwards. This might happen after Max runs into her, or it might happen before, depending on how everything pans out. But if you wanted to accelerate their meeting, you could have Alice wander near the Empire during the beard-a-palooza, at which point Nathan recognizes her and points her out. Although that would be dangerous for a number of reasons. 

When Aldo returns he'll report Alice missing (which will not go over well with Lightwards, who's already having a bad day.) That could perhaps be a good opening for Nathan and Remington to have this conversation?

She's not likely to wander into the Empire, as at the moment she's floating aimlessly through CM's territory. Though if Alice met Max and then Black Fist contacted the Empire... well, that could provide an opening for Remington coming into contact with her. We'd have to be careful that Lightwards doesn't notice her, or that he shrugs her off as unimportant and lets Max "keep" her.

(A random thought I just had: what if we introduced an NPC Epic who can supercharge other Epic's abilities? Perhaps any Epics who stand within a certain radius of him have their powers amplified by an order of magnitude. Imagine Altermind being able to throw cars with his mind, or Lightwards being capable of controlling hundreds of zombies at a time. It could be a catalyst for inter-faction warfare as they struggled to maintain control of this guy, and the amplified powers would only hasten the Desolation of Oregon.)

When Aldo returns he'll report Alice missing (which will not go over well with Lightwards, who's already having a bad day.) That could perhaps be a good opening for Nathan and Remington to have this conversation?

She's not likely to wander into the Empire, as at the moment she's floating aimlessly through CM's territory. Though if Alice met Max and then Black Fist contacted the Empire... well, that could provide an opening for Remington coming into contact with her. We'd have to be careful that Lightwards doesn't notice her, or that he shrugs her off as unimportant and lets Max "keep" her.

(A random thought I just had: what if we introduced an NPC Epic who can supercharge other Epic's abilities? Perhaps any Epics who stand within a certain radius of him have their powers amplified by an order of magnitude. Imagine Altermind being able to throw cars with his mind, or Lightwards being capable of controlling hundreds of zombies at a time. It could be a catalyst for inter-faction warfare as they struggled to maintain control of this guy, and the amplified powers would only hasten the Desolation of Oregon.)

Sounds good. Remington is already in an Epic-killing mood, so learning about yet another mistake on Lightwards' part will only give him ideas.  :ph34r:

That would work, although what reason would Black Fist have to contact the Empire? (Note to self: be very careful not to press H instead of T when typing Black Fist. That is not a badchull name for a rebellion.) Maybe to get some of the vanillas there to rebel, spread the word against Lightwards, that sort of thing? 

(That would be scary and kind of awesome, and a great catalyst for more inter-faction warfare, especially once CorpseMaker is gone. Let's make sure he never meets Quota, though. :P

I think I've said this before, but don't bother waiting for me to post. I can be on at consistent times, so Just go on without me when ever needed. And Sightline doesn't participate much anyway. He prefers to watch and analyze. 

That being said, time for Sightline to observe.

And Mailliw, Great Post for Scorch/Murphy.

EDIT: and Kobold, as for the Supercharge Epic, Electro is going to recruit Ubercharge or Upgrade soon. They do that exact thing to who ever is in contact with them. Remove all limitations.

Edited by The Only Joe

Sounds good. Remington is already in an Epic-killing mood, so learning about yet another mistake on Lightwards' part will only give him ideas.  :ph34r:

That would work, although what reason would Black Fist have to contact the Empire? (Note to self: be very careful not to press H instead of T when typing Black Fist. That is not a badchull name for a rebellion.) Maybe to get some of the vanillas there to rebel, spread the word against Lightwards, that sort of thing? 

(That would be scary and kind of awesome, and a great catalyst for more inter-faction warfare, especially once CorpseMaker is gone. Let's make sure he never meets Quota, though. :P

I was under the impression that Max's main goal was to kill Electro. While overthrowing Lightwards might be a long-term goal, is it implausible to believe they might help him out as long as he's trying to kill CorpseMaker and his minions? They're going to work with at least one other Epic, but I don't know how far they're willing to go.

(Maybe we should call this guy "Catalyst." And scary as it is, I kind of like the idea of him teaming up with Quota long enough to blanket Portland in a stifling emotional atmosphere.)

I was under the impression that Max's main goal was to kill Electro. While overthrowing Lightwards might be a long-term goal, is it implausible to believe they might help him out as long as he's trying to kill CorpseMaker and his minions? They're going to work with at least one other Epic, but I don't know how far they're willing to go.

(Maybe we should call this guy "Catalyst." And scary as it is, I kind of like the idea of him teaming up with Quota long enough to blanket Portland in a stifling emotional atmosphere.)

(Long enough to plunge everyone into their Emotionally Scarring Backstories™? :P)

(Long enough to plunge everyone into their Emotionally Scarring Backstories™? :P)

Lightwards put his hand on his chest, staring off into space with his eyes twinkling. "When I was a boy growing up in Drusselstein, the Cardinals were a proud family. Until one day, our beloved lawn gnome was repossessed. And so with me at a tender age, my father decided that it would be I who would protect our garden from black magic Epics..."

* Remington in a fedora hits the Museum's self-destruct button *

Any suggestions on which group Fade and Sandman should run into first? I don't want to interrupt any current plans.

They could notice Backtrack walking the momentum twins through town, and join up with him. Then they can all sign up with the Empire together.

Edited by Kobold King

They could notice Backtrack walking the momentum twins through town, and join up with him. Then they can all sign up with the Empire together.

Or they could notice the mass of rats and have Aldo recruit them and Parity in the same go.

Lightwards put his hand on his chest, staring off into space with his eyes twinkling. "When I was a boy growing up in Drusselstein, the Cardinals were a proud family. Until one day, our beloved lawn gnome was repossessed. And so with me at a tender age, my father decided that it would be I who would protect our garden from black magic Epics..."

* Remington in a fedora hits the Museum's self-destruct button *

"Remy the Springfield? Don't you know it's rude to interrupt your nemesis' evil scheme while he's telling an Emotionally Scarring Backstory™?" 

*Remington makes a chattering noise* 

"What? What is that supposed to mean? Is that some sort of—" 

*Remington cuts him off with a bullet to the chest* 

"Remy the Springfield? Don't you know it's rude to interrupt your nemesis' evil scheme while he's telling an Emotionally Scarring Backstory™?" 

*Remington makes a chattering noise* 

"What? What is that supposed to mean? Is that some sort of—" 

*Remington cuts him off with a bullet to the chest* 

* resurrects to see Remington hang gliding away from the Museum *

"Curse you Remy the Springfield!"

Meanwhile...

Toymaker: Boss, boss, come look what Funtimes did to our base!

CorpseMaker: Haven't we gone through this before? Every day you call me over with some wild story about Funtimes, but there's never anything worth getting excited about. Don't you think you're being a bit dramatic?

Toymaker: No, it's there! Come look!

* the Museum of Natural Awesomeness swings down low in its flight, snagging a giant robotic bouncy castle and carrying it into the sky *

Toymaker: Grr. Never mind.

So, Kobold, would Aldo be willing to recruit 3 Epics?

Absolutely. :D

* resurrects to see Remington hang gliding away from the Museum *

"Curse you Remy the Springfield!"

Meanwhile...

Toymaker: Boss, boss, come look what Funtimes did to our base!

CorpseMaker: Haven't we gone through this before? Every day you call me over with some wild story about Funtimes, but there's never anything worth getting excited about. Don't you think you're being a bit dramatic?

Toymaker: No, it's there! Come look!

* the Museum of Natural Awesomeness swings down low in its flight, snagging a giant robotic bouncy castle and carrying it into the sky *

Toymaker: Grr. Never mind.

Absolutely. :D

Streetwise: Hey, Murphy, did you know there's an entire skyscraper downtown that's perfectly fine? *beat* Murphy, I know what we're gonna do today!