Question 2

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

That settles it. One more mind-shattering death, and Lightwards is changing his name to the Dino-Epic. :D:P

On a scale of sane to insane, how much does each death affect Lightwards?  You might have written this somewhere before, I just don't remember it.

On a scale of sane to insane, how much does each death affect Lightwards?  You might have written this somewhere before, I just don't remember it.

When he creates a Warrior, the unfortunate zombie becomes firmly enslaved to his every command. They lose all free will and rationality, existing only to carry out his will.

The same happens to Lightwards when he resurrects--he becomes more susceptible to his own impulses with every death. He has trouble keeping a grip on himself. Rationality starts to evade him, and he becomes more and more fixated on random emotions ranging from euphoria to crippling paranoia.

Will he slide into the room serenaded by a chorus of pterodactyls he somehow taught to sing "Dino-Epic--he's dy-no-mite!"? :P

This is a good example of what he'd do after suffering around twenty deaths. He'd start acting out more and more of his weirder impulses, ironically becoming more and more like Doctor Funtimes.

The reason he's currently in an alliance with her is because he can already think like her--he proposed that he help her turn Portland into a giant smiley face.

She has a hidden side of her as dark as he is, and he has a whimsical side as quirky as hers.

No TwiLyght, you can't ship it. :P

When he creates a Warrior, the unfortunate zombie becomes firmly enslaved to his every command. They lose all free will and rationality, existing only to carry out his will.

The same happens to Lightwards when he resurrects--he becomes more susceptible to his own impulses with every death. He has trouble keeping a grip on himself. Rationality starts to evade him, and he becomes more and more fixated on random emotions ranging from euphoria to crippling paranoia.

This is a good example of what he'd do after suffering around twenty deaths. He'd start acting out more and more of his weirder impulses, ironically becoming more and more like Doctor Funtimes.

The reason he's currently in an alliance with her is because he can already think like her--he proposed that he help her turn Portland into a giant smiley face.

She has a hidden side of her as dark as he is, and he has a whimsical side as quirky as hers.

No TwiLyght, you can't ship it. :P

How fast can we get Lightwards to the twenty-death mark? :P

Oh, poo. And I had such an awesome date in mind for them, too. 

(Actually, that's one couple that, while it might work, I don't want it to. I like them better as frenemies suffering through Teeth Clenched Teamwork. Besides, she has a boyfriend, who was chosen for a reason beyond "His hair is the color of pumpkin pie and pumpkin pie is delicious also Daddy used to call me his widdle punkin and…." :P

How fast can we get Lightwards to the twenty-death mark? :P

Oh, poo. And I had such an awesome date in mind for them, too. 

(Actually, that's one couple that, while it might work, I don't want it to. I like them better as frenemies suffering through Teeth Clenched Teamwork. Besides, she has a boyfriend, who was chosen for a reason beyond "His hair is the color of pumpkin pie and pumpkin pie is delicious also Daddy used to call me his widdle punkin and…." :P

I get the feeling that he'll go through at least two or three more deaths during the CorpseMaker war. Especially if he tries to confront any of CM's stronger Epics by himself--if Quickslide was such a hardship for him to deal with, than I hate to imagine how badly Electro would squash him. (Who am I kidding; I love to imagine it, and this should totally happen in canon. :P)

There are few Lightwards ships that could plausibly work. He wasn't interested in a relationship before Calamity and nothing's changed since then; he can't even bear the sight of a couple kissing without being profoundly annoyed. I do enjoy the current dynamic between Lightwards and Funtimes, though. They share an unstable nature enough to work together, but ultimately their motivations conflict too much for them to be true friends. (Does Funtimes actually suspect public displays of affection to be his weakness?)

I get the feeling that he'll go through at least two or three more deaths during the CorpseMaker war. Especially if he tries to confront any of CM's stronger Epics by himself--if Quickslide was such a hardship for him to deal with, than I hate to imagine how badly Electro would squash him. (Who am I kidding; I love to imagine it, and this should totally happen in canon. :P)

There are few Lightwards ships that could plausibly work. He wasn't interested in a relationship before Calamity and nothing's changed since then; he can't even bear the sight of a couple kissing without being profoundly annoyed. I do enjoy the current dynamic between Lightwards and Funtimes, though. They share an unstable nature enough to work together, but ultimately their motivations conflict too much for them to be true friends. (Does Funtimes actually suspect public displays of affection to be his weakness?)

Go on…..:P 

His aversion to any sort of affection would certainly make a relationship difficult. I envision him using one or more of the following lines on a love interest: 

"Darling, how I love to gaze at you in the moonlight. Because…your face is pretty, but I don't want a big ​blast of it all at once." 

"I think it's too soon to hold hands. Pinkies. Let's hold pinkies." 

"NO HUGS! LEAVE ROOM FOR THE WARRIORS!" 

Not really. She might have very early on, but he didn't become enraged enough at her kissing Nathan in the middle of the street or on the merry-go-round for her to really suspect it's his weakness. She does, however, know that it bothers him, and thus kisses Nathan at every opportunity. (She also does this because she's very affectionate and enjoys kissing, but driving Lightwards up a wall is an added bonus.  :lol: )

Go on…..:P 

His aversion to any sort of affection would certainly make a relationship difficult. I envision him using one or more of the following lines on a love interest: 

"Darling, how I love to gaze at you in the moonlight. Because…your face is pretty, but I don't want a big ​blast of it all at once." 

"I think it's too soon to hold hands. Pinkies. Let's hold pinkies." 

"NO HUGS! LEAVE ROOM FOR THE WARRIORS!" 

Not really. She might have very early on, but he didn't become enraged enough at her kissing Nathan in the middle of the street or on the merry-go-round for her to really suspect it's his weakness. She does, however, know that it bothers him, and thus kisses Nathan at every opportunity. (She also does this because she's very affectionate and enjoys kissing, but driving Lightwards up a wall is an added bonus.  :lol: )

"Holding pinkies? I'm sorry Lightwards, but I'm not ready to make that kind of commitment. I think holding pinkies should be reserved for after marriage, in any case."-- If this romantic interest doesn't give this response, then clearly she's not made for him. :P

If there was ever a reason for two lovers to share a kiss in a primordial rainforest, annoying the heck out of a tyrant necromancer is that reason. :P

Did you want me to write a scene from the momentum  twins Kobold or are you just waiting for the story to progress a bit before writing Backtrack?

I kept meaning to write the next Backtrack scene, but I kept getting sidetracked with the MoNA awesomeness. Sorry about that.

If you'd like to write a scene with the twins, that would be fine and could help things progress. I'll write Backtrack's next scene tomorrow morning.

"Holding pinkies? I'm sorry Lightwards, but I'm not ready to make that kind of commitment. I think holding pinkies should be reserved for after marriage, in any case."-- If this romantic interest doesn't give this response, then clearly she's not made for him. :P

If there was ever a reason for two lovers to share a kiss in a primordial rainforest, annoying the heck out of a tyrant necromancer is that reason. :P

I kept meaning to write the next Backtrack scene, but I kept getting sidetracked with the MoNA awesomeness. Sorry about that.

If you'd like to write a scene with the twins, that would be fine and could help things progress. I'll write Backtrack's next scene tomorrow morning.

"How long after marriage, darling?" 

"Six months." 

*gets on one knee* "Marry me now!"

(I for one do not want to see a woman terrifying and prudish enough to earn Lightwards' affections. Well, part of me does, but the rational side of my brain keeps reminding the irrational side about the horror that was Lighthound. :P

Agreed. :D They really do bring out the worst in each other, and I love it. It's the dynamic wars are made of. :P 

(Also, am I the only one who can see Funtimes 1) asking Lightwards if he's ever been eaten by his own coat, or 2) stalking him through the halls, singing the chorus to "Grenade" as she acts out the words? "I'd catch a grenade for you….step in front of a train for you…." You get the gist.) 

"How long after marriage, darling?" 

"Six months." 

*gets on one knee* "Marry me now!"

(I for one do not want to see a woman terrifying and prudish enough to earn Lightwards' affections. Well, part of me does, but the rational side of my brain keeps reminding the irrational side about the horror that was Lighthound. :P

Agreed. :D They really do bring out the worst in each other, and I love it. It's the dynamic wars are made of. :P 

(Also, am I the only one who can see Funtimes 1) asking Lightwards if he's ever been eaten by his own coat, or 2) stalking him through the halls, singing the chorus to "Grenade" as she acts out the words? "I'd catch a grenade for you….step in front of a train for you…." You get the gist.)

Wait a minute... terrifying, civilized, prudish? I think it's quite clear that Lightwards and Lucentia were made for each other. :P

(This actually makes me wonder if there's any Epic in Oregon who could be swayed to Lightwards' cause on ideological grounds. His long term goal is to conquer the world and ultimately this galaxy, forming a deathless utopia of humanity united under him and his lieutenants.)

And yes--now I can perfectly imagine Funtimes doing this. :P

And by the way: seeing her breakdown when Lightwafds punched Traveler makes me really start to worry about what happens when she decides to end Quota. :o

(This actually makes me wonder if there's any Epic in Oregon who could be swayed to Lightwards' cause on ideological grounds. His long term goal is to conquer the world and ultimately this galaxy, forming a deathless utopia of humanity united under him and his lieutenants.)

Actually, depending on how it was worded, Mundivore might agree with that cause.  Of course with him as either the leader or second in command.  

Actually, depending on how it was worded, Mundivore might agree with that cause.  Of course with him as either the leader or second in command.

Mundivore's evidently on the wrong side. ;):P

I'm thinking that once Soulswitch joins up with the empire that he'll switch to being Lightwards' sycophant, PP isn't ambitious enough for him.

I hope galactic conquest is ambitious enough for him. :P (PP might be a little too reclusuve once Project Hyde kicks in to keep up his posse of lesser Epics. It's hard to keep up with sycophants when you're busy with... stuff.)

Wait a minute... terrifying, civilized, prudish? I think it's quite clear that Lightwards and Lucentia were made for each other. :P

And yes--now I can perfectly imagine Funtimes doing this. :P

And by the way: seeing her breakdown when Lightwafds punched Traveler makes me really start to worry about what happens when she decides to end Quota. :o

"I don't want to hug you, darling." 

"Nor do I." 

"If you did, I would lock you in diamond for all eternity." 

"I would destroy you." 

Lucentia smiled. "Shall we go for a stroll in the park tomorrow?" 

"How far apart shall we be?" 

"Three miles. I have a spare mobile." 

Lightwards smiled. He wanted nothing more than to ask her to marry him that moment—but it could wait another six years.

I think most of the Oregon Epics are too caught up in their own agendas, honestly. 

When she starts singing "Rolling in the Deep"….basically, run. :P At least gets out of there before she gets to "Baby, I have no story to be told/ But I've heard one of you and I'm gonna make your head burn." :o 

Well, that breakdown made me realize exactly why she's so silly. Why that sort of a breakdown wasn't out of character, why it felt so natural to have her do that. And….well, Quota's attack on her friends won't end well for him. When she knows what she's facing, she'll lock said friends in a closet so they don't have to watch her end him. :o

Again, if you want to cement Lightwards' terror of her, have him watch from the shadows. 

I read the first Mistborn book and I'm making my way through the second. I did base his powers on Soothing. He's a creepy, sadistic, morally bankrupt Soother. :P

I do too. 

Right! Chimera's decent. 

Edit: QUOTA! Y U NO LET ME UPVOTE MAILLIW'S POST? WHAT HAVE I EVER DONE TO YOU??????

Okay, that's what I thought. It's very good.

Typical Epic arrogance. Scared of a spatial distortion Epic who lives hundreds of miles away, but oblivious to the Epic-killing gun-slinging hunter with a grudge against him. :P

Are we still planning on having Alice meet Max and Remington? Any ideas on when these things could happen?

After the current fight and Gordon hooks up Max with the Reckoners, Alice could meet him. Or while he is contacting the Reckoners. So pretty soon. I don't know about Remington though.

When Aldo returns he'll report Alice missing (which will not go over well with Lightwards, who's already having a bad day.) That could perhaps be a good opening for Nathan and Remington to have this conversation?

She's not likely to wander into the Empire, as at the moment she's floating aimlessly through CM's territory. Though if Alice met Max and then Black Fist contacted the Empire... well, that could provide an opening for Remington coming into contact with her. We'd have to be careful that Lightwards doesn't notice her, or that he shrugs her off as unimportant and lets Max "keep" her.

(A random thought I just had: what if we introduced an NPC Epic who can supercharge other Epic's abilities? Perhaps any Epics who stand within a certain radius of him have their powers amplified by an order of magnitude. Imagine Altermind being able to throw cars with his mind, or Lightwards being capable of controlling hundreds of zombies at a time. It could be a catalyst for inter-faction warfare as they struggled to maintain control of this guy, and the amplified powers would only hasten the Desolation of Oregon.)

Max's whole goal, if you remember is to eliminate all Epics. He used to fight by helping the civilians, but now he fights with revolution. While Electro is his immediate goal, he hates Epics and would never contact ones as powerful and hateful as the Empire's. He will only be willing to work with Chi because he is a gifter and thus is not a horrible person.

As Joe said, Upgrade does just that. Enhances Epics.  

I think I've said this before, but don't bother waiting for me to post. I can be on at consistent times, so Just go on without me when ever needed. And Sightline doesn't participate much anyway. He prefers to watch and analyze. 

That being said, time for Sightline to observe.

And Mailliw, Great Post for Scorch/Murphy.

EDIT: and Kobold, as for the Supercharge Epic, Electro is going to recruit Ubercharge or Upgrade soon. They do that exact thing to who ever is in contact with them. Remove all limitations.

Thanks. I did my best.

He already has. I'm just waiting for Corpsemaker receive Upgrade.

Can I please request that one of my characters gets to take one of Lightward's lives? I want to help give him what he deserves. ;)

Twi, may I ask, how come Funtimes becomes so lucid and sane when she threatens Lightwards? Is it her anger or something more?

Voidus, what do you think about Soulswitch joining Chi?

Ah, I see. So it's a no-go for Black Fist contacting the Empire.

I didn't see Joe's edit, but I see it now. It's almost a shame that we already have the perfect Epic in the gane, aince I was already beginning to flesh out Catalyst's backstory. :P

And as for one of your characters sending Lightwards to his temporary grave? By all means. I'll make sure everyone gets a chance. :P

Ah, I see. So it's a no-go for Black Fist contacting the Empire.

I didn't see Joe's edit, but I see it now. It's almost a shame that we already have the perfect Epic in the gane, aince I was already beginning to flesh out Catalyst's backstory. :P

And as for one of your characters sending Lightwards to his temporary grave? By all means. I'll make sure everyone gets a chance. :P

Yeah. Lightwards and Nighthound particularly would turn Max away. Those two are ones he would love to see dead. He wouldn't even bewailing to work with Thoughttown. He will only work with a couple of Epics at most and even then, they have to fairly nice. Panacea mightbe an option, but the rest of Thoughttown wouldn't.Only Flashpoint, Mare, and Strongsteel would even have a chance.

Good. ;) Electro would be particularly pleasing.

I considered saying so now, but since I have designs on revealing that at Quota's death….RAFO! ;)

Argh!