Question 2

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Well, Lightwards' main concern is that Revolution will call him a leprechaun and embarrass him in front of his new allies. :P Maybe he'd consent to letting them in, on the condition that Funtimes tells them to keep their mouths shut?

That's doable. Nathan could even give Sam an official-looking clipboard and call her his secretary, when really he tells her to write down every snide thing she thinks of so she can share it in safer quarters without angering Lightwards. :D

That's doable. Nathan could even give Sam an official-looking clipboard and call her his secretary, when really he tells her to write down every snide thing she thinks of so she can share it in safer quarters without angering Lightwards. :D

Yes. Yes. This must become canon at once. I even know part of what she'll write. :D

Edited by Kobold King

Consider it done. :D The moment the meeting is discussed in earnest, Funtimes will list her demands and Nathan can make the suggestion.

Awesomesauce. :D

I'd write up the next post, but... I'm not quite sure of what to do next. I guess Sam and Revolution are helping Nathan plan his next date now, but I'm unsure of who's going next in the Museum's main hall. Is it Joe's turn there?

I got an epic or two for the MEE (the Minor Epic Empire. Cause it's all about MEE.)

Dodgeball

Can dodge/evade practically anything, even while driving.

Passive: perpetually energized

Description: A hyperactive teenager  with a big smile and dark brown hair. Loves playing real-life Frogger. Catchphrase: Missed me!

Favorite song: Can't Touch This by MC Hammer.

Growthspurt

Can make objects longer or shorter. Can turn a pool stick into something you could use for pole vaulting or turn a 50 foot ladder into a step stool. Objects he lengthens maintain structural integrity of their former sizes. If he turns a well made pocket knife into a three foot sword, it will still be strong, not become flimsy and weak.

What do ya say voidius? Can the join Zip and Refill and show the world that do don't have to be able to shoot lasers from your face to be Epic?

Those sound awesome, welcome to the MEE, I'll do a big group gathering and mention some of my NPCs as well as Growthspurt and Dodgeball being there now, unless you want to write up an intro scene for them first?

I think so?

Looking back over it, it looks like there's space for a Lightwards reaction to the introductions, and maybe for him to start toying with Toymaker's toys. After that though, I think we need to see what's going on in Sightline's head.

Quick question: whose POV segments are generally more interesting, Sam's or Revolution's? Do they feel different at all, or do they read the same either way?

Those sound awesome, welcome to the MEE, I'll do a big group gathering and mention some of my NPCs as well as Growthspurt and Dodgeball being there now, unless you want to write up an intro scene for them first?

I can make a quick one. Where are Zip and Refill now?

I can make a quick one. Where are Zip and Refill now?

They've been wandering for a while, so if you want to have Refill and Zip just drop by wherever they are based that'd be fine, they're not going to be involved with the other characters for a while so we can have a slightly different timeline if needed.

Looking back over it, it looks like there's space for a Lightwards reaction to the introductions, and maybe for him to start toying with Toymaker's toys. After that though, I think we need to see what's going on in Sightline's head.

Quick question: whose POV segments are generally more interesting, Sam's or Revolution's? Do they feel different at all, or do they read the same either way?

They do read differently, but I think Sam's feels more developed. I like them both, though.

Awesomesauce. :D

I'd write up the next post, but... I'm not quite sure of what to do next. I guess Sam and Revolution are helping Nathan plan his next date now, but I'm unsure of who's going next in the Museum's main hall. Is it Joe's turn there?

yeah. Sightline needs to set up the meeting.

I think I'll have Intervention come into Thoughttown soon. Twi, I plan on having Altermind set up a conference to introduce the new guys and talk about Scorch's death and talk about the meeting with the Empire. I don't know how you want to do Panacea's scenes. I think Sightline and Voidgaze could come back in the middle of the conference and explain the meeting they set up.

If you want, I can do some of Sidestep's scenes. I don't think I want to take on another character, regardless of how cool he is, but if you want him to be a partial NPC where I do some of the scenes form his Pov And the other  times he's just an NPC in Refill or Zip's posts. What do you think? I'm not attached to the idea, so if you don't like it, that's fine.

They're both fun and I especially love seeing their sass with Lightwards. I don't know which I prefer though. They both involve the other, so I don't know if I could choose.

They do read differently, but I think Sam's feels more developed. I like them both, though.

Hmm. Thank you for the feedback. :)

I suspected that Sam might be reading as more developed--I sure hoped so, at least, since she is a bit more developed. She has a more fleshed-out backstory and I have a slightly better grasp of her motivations.

Maybe I should fill out one of those character sheets I see floating around the Internet sometimes...

yeah. Sightline needs to set up the meeting.

I think I'll have Intervention come into Thoughttown soon. Twi, I plan on having Altermind set up a conference to introduce the new guys and talk about Scorch's death and talk about the meeting with the Empire. I don't know how you want to do Panacea's scenes. I think Sightline and Voidgaze could come back in the middle of the conference and explain the meeting they set up.

If you want, I can do some of Sidestep's scenes. I don't think I want to take on another character, regardless of how cool he is, but if you want him to be a partial NPC where I do some of the scenes form his Pov And the other  times he's just an NPC in Refill or Zip's posts. What do you think? I'm not attached to the idea, so if you don't like it, that's fine.

They're both fun and I especially love seeing their sass with Lightwards. I don't know which I prefer though. They both involve the other, so I don't know if I could choose.

That sounds like an idea, just let me know when you want to be posting and I'll leave his reactions unsaid.

Should Strongsteel be at the TT meeting?

Hmm. Thank you for the feedback. :)

I suspected that Sam might be reading as more developed--I sure hoped so, at least, since she is a bit more developed. She has a more fleshed-out backstory and I have a slightly better grasp of her motivations.

Maybe I should fill out one of those character sheets I see floating around the Internet sometimes...

Most of those are a waste of time. "What is their name? What is their quest? What is their favorite color?" Questions like "What would they do if they went to the store specifically for Cocoa Puffs, which they had been craving, and saw they were out?" are far more illuminating, IMO. I'm still learning, but I have learned those character sheets aren't worth it.

That sounds like an idea, just let me know when you want to be posting and I'll leave his reactions unsaid.

Should Strongsteel be at the TT meeting?

Cool! I'm excited to try this.

Yeah. Once Twi says how she wants to do her Panacea scene, I'll work from there. I'll have Altermind announce it to his guards who will tell the Epics.

Edited by Mailliw73

Cool! I'm excited to try this.

Yeah. Once Twi says how she wants to do her Panacea scene, I'll work from there. I'll have Latermind announce it to his guards who will tell the Epics.

I really want to make an Epic called Latermind now :P

Latermind
Primary ability: An obscure form of precognition, Latermind is always thinking what he would be thinking in 3 seconds time, he doesn't experience sensory information just his own thoughts, so while he reacts 3 seconds early he doesn't necessarily know what he's reacting to.

Most of those are a waste of time. "What is their name? What is their quest? What is their favorite color?" Questions like "What would they do if they went to the store specifically for Cocoa Puffs, which they had been craving, and saw they were out?" are far more illuminating, IMO. I'm still learning, but I have learned those character sheets aren't worth it.

Sam and Revolution:

"They're all out."

Sam looked at the blank spot on the shelf with a small sigh. "Figures, doesn't it?"

Revolution nodded sympathetically. "We can't be the only ones after a good bowl of Cocoa Puffs. Shall we grab a box of Fruit Loops, maybe?"

"No." She nearly surprised herself with the vehemence of the word. "I came here for a box. I'm not going without just because some shop manager didn't know how to stock properly."

"Fair enough," Revolution replied, smiling. "Are there any other stores in town?"

"The only others are in Thoughttown, and I don't have my Cereal License with me."

"We could check for knock-off brands."

"They're bland and uninspired."

Revolution stared off into space, clearly lost in thought. "Maybe," she said slowly, "the shop manager isn't bad at stocking."

Sam seized on the idea. "If people buy out the boxes so quickly, he'd buy extra..."

"But he couldn't put them all on the shelf at once..."

"They'd be in the back of the store!"

Sam wheeled around and thrust her hand in the air, flagging down a man in a blue workshirt. "Employee assistance requested!" she called triumphantly.

Lightwards:

"They're all out."

The Warrior's bland voice made Lightwards' fist clenched. He came all this way, sacrificed so much time, all for nothing.

A quick glance at other brands was pointless. He hated them all. Truth be told he wasn't even that fond of Cocoa Puffs, but a craving was a craving. And now his craving would go forever unappeased.

Lightwards shook his head in denial, turning to the line of armed Warriors that followed him. "Seal off all the exits," he hissed. As they quickly scurried away to do so, he stepped onto a clearance rack full of pet food bags and fired a pistol into the air.

"People of Walmart," he proclaimed, keeping his voice calm and business-like. "It has come to my attention that one of you has absconded with the last box of Cocoa Puffs. If any customer in this facility still possesses a box in his or her shopping basket, it must be brought to me immediately. I will execute a patron of this store for every minute my craving goes unappeased."

An employee in a blue workshirt ran up to him with his hands in the air. "Please, sir," the man pleaded. "We have some in the back. Let me get it for--"

Lightwards shot the man in the chest, then knelt and raised his blood-splattered corpse. "Bring me three boxes," Lightwards ordered him severely.

Möbius

"You're all out."

The employee in the blue workshirt looked unsure of how to treat the woman before him, glaring at him in a baseball cap and hiking boots.

She, on the other hand, seemed to have no doubt as to how to treat him. She grabbed him by the collar, firmly but not roughly, and pointed him towards the shelf. "Take a long look at this shelf," she told him coldly. "What is wrong with this picture?"

"I... I think we're out of something?"

Möbius let out a long sigh. "Well, you'll have a long time to figure it out. You're spending the rest of your life here until you figure out how to treat a customer."

The employee let out a frightened yelp as she shoved him forwards, but he and the cereal aisle disappeared from view, banished to a separate pocket universe.

Maybe I'll have better luck in Newcago, Möbius thought irritably. I definitely need to get better supermarkets for Calamityville.

Sam and Revolution:

"They're all out."

Sam looked at the blank spot on the shelf with a small sigh. "Figures, doesn't it?"

Revolution nodded sympathetically. "We can't be the only ones after a good bowl of Cocoa Puffs. Shall we grab a box of Fruit Loops, maybe?"

"No." She nearly surprised herself with the vehemence of the word. "I came here for a box. I'm not going without just because some shop manager didn't know how to stock properly."

"Fair enough," Revolution replied, smiling. "Are there any other stores in town?"

"The only others are in Thoughttown, and I don't have my Cereal License with me."

"We could check for knock-off brands."

"They're bland and uninspired."

Revolution stared off into space, clearly lost in thought. "Maybe," she said slowly, "the shop manager isn't bad at stocking."

Sam seized on the idea. "If people buy out the boxes so quickly, he'd buy extra..."

"But he couldn't put them all on the shelf at once..."

"They'd be in the back of the store!"

Sam wheeled around and thrust her hand in the air, flagging down a man in a blue workshirt. "Employee assistance requested!" she called triumphantly.

Lightwards:

"They're all out."

The Warrior's bland voice made Lightwards' fist clenched. He came all this way, sacrificed so much time, all for nothing.

A quick glance at other brands was pointless. He hated them all. Truth be told he wasn't even that fond of Cocoa Puffs, but a craving was a craving. And now his craving would go forever unappeased.

Lightwards shook his head in denial, turning to the line of armed Warriors that followed him. "Seal off all the exits," he hissed. As they quickly scurried away to do so, he stepped onto a clearance rack full of pet food bags and fired a pistol into the air.

"People of Walmart," he proclaimed, keeping his voice calm and business-like. "It has come to my attention that one of you has absconded with the last box of Cocoa Puffs. If any customer in this facility still possesses a box in his or her shopping basket, it must be brought to me immediately. I will execute a patron of this store for every minute my craving goes unappeased."

An employee in a blue workshirt ran up to him with his hands in the air. "Please, sir," the man pleaded. "We have some in the back. Let me get it for--"

Lightwards shot the man in the chest, then knelt and raised his blood-splattered corpse. "Bring me three boxes," Lightwards ordered him severely.

Möbius

"You're all out."

The employee in the blue workshirt looked unsure of how to treat the woman before him, glaring at him in a baseball cap and hiking boots.

She, on the other hand, seemed to have no doubt as to how to treat him. She grabbed him by the collar, firmly but not roughly, and pointed him towards the shelf. "Take a long look at this shelf," she told him coldly. "What is wrong with this picture?"

"I... I think we're out of something?"

Möbius let out a long sigh. "Well, you'll have a long time to figure it out. You're spending the rest of your life here until you figure out how to treat a customer."

The employee let out a frightened yelp as she shoved him forwards, but he and the cereal aisle disappeared from view, banished to a separate pocket universe.

Maybe I'll have better luck in Newcago, Möbius thought irritably. I definitely need to get better supermarkets for Calamityville.

Are you SURE I can't ship Lightwards and Möbius? They share a deep and abiding love of disproportionate retribution. :P

Must answer question for own characters....will do so when I have access to a computer and more than two minutes to type it up. :P

Are you SURE I can't ship Lightwards and Möbius? They share a deep and abiding love of disproportionate retribution. :P

"Möbius?" Lightwards forced himself to look into those cold, analytic eyes. Even now, staring into those sent a chill straight through his bone. But there were some women who who worth a tingling through the spine to be with.

"What is it, Lightwards?" the Epic replied, giving him an appraising glance. "You had something you wanted to tell me?"

Lightwards swallowed. "I know we've had our differences," he blurted finally. "You killed me, I almost killed you. But let's put it all behind us. I've been in Oregon for a while now. I've been leered at, shot in the chest, trapped in tar, and been made fun of for my choice in hats. I've come to realize that there's only one place in the world I want to be in. "He gave her a weak smile. "And that's in your arms."

"I'm afraid that's no longer possible."

Lightwards frowned. That wasn't Möbius' voice. That sounded like a man--

Then he saw him. A tall man with pale blonde hair, a purple cloak trailing behind him, crowned with a circlet of what seemed to be gold.

"This is Koschei," Möbius explained, putting her arms around his thin body. "We met last October when I went insane for a little while, and we sort of hit it off."

"You're my little loop-de-loop," Koschei said warmly, pulling her closer to himself.

"And you're my little creepy-bear!"

Far to the sidelines, unnoticed by any Epics, stood Remington Springfield. His gaze flickered first to Lightwards' heartbroken expression, then back to his dead nemesis passionately making out with the queen of Calamityville.

"I've got very mixed feelings about this," he said finally.