Question 2

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

I'm writing up the next Museum scene right now. TwiLyght, do you think the impromptu Vanilla Sabotage meeting has drawn to a close by this point? I was going to have Sam and Revolution start talking about the new Epics in the museum and suggest going to get a look at them.

Yeah, I think that's a good place to wrap up.

Yeah, I think that's a good place to wrap up.

All right-y. Posted.

At some point the Empire's going to have to start offering lodging for its members. Lightwards doesn't want to sleep in Quickslide's old room every night, and I doubt these new Epics will be happy about sleeping out in the open with Nighthound staring at them. :P

Edited by Kobold King

All right-y. Posted.

At some point the Empire's going to have to start offering lodging for its members. Lightwards doesn't want to sleep in Quickslide's old room every night, and I doubt these new Epics will be happy about sleeping out in the open with Nighthound staring at them. :P

I like it. :D

Funtimes can build some barracks. With nicer accommodations than the a average Army barracks, of course.

Is there any way Lightwards could order his zombies to go to sleep while Vanilla Sabotage is recording? That's the main order Nathan is after, for the moment.

Also, after some thought, I think I'll try pushing Funtimes in a more Prof-like direction. It has just as much destructive potential, and I think adding dark!Funtimes to a game with Lightwards, CorpseMaker, Nighthound, Lucentia, soon-to-be sociopathic!Voidgaze, Altermind, and whatever other nightmare-inducing Epics we can come up with might cause some Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy.

Plus, I like cheerful!Funtimes better. Dark!Funtimes scares me. :o

I like it. :D

Funtimes can build some barracks. With nicer accommodations than the a average Army barracks, of course.

Is there any way Lightwards could order his zombies to go to sleep while Vanilla Sabotage is recording? That's the main order Nathan is after, for the moment.

Also, after some thought, I think I'll try pushing Funtimes in a more Prof-like direction. It has just as much destructive potential, and I think adding dark!Funtimes to a game with Lightwards, CorpseMaker, Nighthound, Lucentia, soon-to-be sociopathic!Voidgaze, Altermind, and whatever other nightmare-inducing Epics we can come up with might cause some Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy.

Plus, I like cheerful!Funtimes better. Dark!Funtimes scares me. :o

Thanks. :) (As a side note, remember the post where Sam first guessed Nathan's secret? When I first sat down to write that scene, it was supposed to end with her offering him a muddy ibuprofen from the gift shop. I started writing on a tangent though, so much cooler things happened instead. It still amused me to add a callback to the original plan, though. :P)

A sleep order is definitely something they could manage to record. Once Lightwards learns about what the tailor did to his coat, he'll start making sure his Warriors get some rest so they can serve him with the utmost efficiency.

Funtimes and her vanillas are currently my favorite sub-faction. :D It'll be really interesting to watch her characterization continue from here. I think a Prof-like direction is the coolest direction she can go in right now, since as enjoyable as it is to see her trap Lightwards in tar, I've also really enjoyed her more sympathetic moments. The times when she indicates how much she cares about being liked and keeping her friends happy.

Thanks. :) (As a side note, remember the post where Sam first guessed Nathan's secret? When I first sat down to write that scene, it was supposed to end with her offering him a muddy ibuprofen from the gift shop. I started writing on a tangent though, so much cooler things happened instead. It still amused me to add a callback to the original plan, though. :P)

A sleep order is definitely something they could manage to record. Once Lightwards learns about what the tailor did to his coat, he'll start making sure his Warriors get some rest so they can serve him with the utmost efficiency.

Funtimes and her vanillas are currently my favorite sub-faction. :D It'll be really interesting to watch her characterization continue from here. I think a Prof-like direction is the coolest direction she can go in right now, since as enjoyable as it is to see her trap Lightwards in tar, I've also really enjoyed her more sympathetic moments. The times when she indicates how much she cares about being liked and keeping her friends happy.

Haha! I like the callback. And the mention of the ibuprofen. :D That scene did wind up going in a pretty cool direction.

I know I've said this before but: What a pleasant man. Watching him get friendzoned (enemyzoned? I-sort-of-want-to-kill-you-zoned?) by Möbius in favor of Koschei was one of the greatest things I've ever read. (And as a side note, I do think Möbius and Koschei would get along well. :o)

Thanks! :) In that case, I have a few revelations about her and her past that will come to light soon. Ish. And honestly, I like writing her sympathetic moments better and I'm glad they're fun to read. :D

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Haha! I like the callback. And the mention of the ibuprofen. :D That scene did wind up going in a pretty cool direction.

I know I've said this before but: What a pleasant man. Watching him get friendzoned (enemyzoned? I-sort-of-want-to-kill-you-zoned?) by Möbius in favor of Koschei was one of the greatest things I've ever read. (And as a side note, I do think Möbius and Koschei would get along well. :o)

Thanks! :) In that case, I have a few revelations about her and her past that will come to light soon. Ish. And honestly, I like writing her sympathetic moments better and I'm glad they're fun to read. :D

I write callbacks now. Callbacks are cool. :D (Page 31 stands as one of my favorite single pages in the RP. I think a lot of its awesomeness stemmed from its largely improvised nature.)

Frenemy-zoned? :P That post all on its own accumulated more upvotes than any post I've put in Oregon. Maybe writing cheesy satirical romances is my special destiny?

(Möbius and Koschei? Getting along well in canon? I'm already going to have nightmares from that thought. :o)

I'm definitely looking forward to the Funtimes revelations. :D

(One little question--we've discussed having Lightwards witness Quota's demise. If they're within the same vicinity, could we arrange having Quota giving Lightwards a shot of depression before he gets killed off?)

I write callbacks now. Callbacks are cool. :D (Page 31 stands as one of my favorite single pages in the RP. I think a lot of its awesomeness stemmed from its largely improvised nature.)

Frenemy-zoned? :P That post all on its own accumulated more upvotes than any post I've put in Oregon. Maybe writing cheesy satirical romances is my special destiny?

(Möbius and Koschei? Getting along well in canon? I'm already going to have nightmares from that thought. :o)

I'm definitely looking forward to the Funtimes revelations. :D

(One little question--we've discussed having Lightwards witness Quota's demise. If they're within the same vicinity, could we arrange having Quota giving Lightwards a shot of depression before he gets killed off?)

Never has winging it worked out so well. :D

What would that look like as a cutie mark? :P

(Let's face it: He is not a nice person. Poor Backtrack will probably demand enough money to pay for therapy sessions for the rest of his life, on top of his hourly fee. :o Also, the thought of he and Möbius ruling side by side is absolutely terrifying. You'll see when I introduce him and his goals. Let's all take a moment and thank Mr. Springfield for killing him before the RP began so we don't have to worry about that. :mellow: )

(The way I have it written in my head never involves Funtimes setting off his weakness, which is mostly why she'll be so terrifying. So if Lightwards is nearby, he'll get a shot of depression.)

Never has winging it worked out so well. :D

What would that look like as a cutie mark? :P

(Let's face it: He is not a nice person. Poor Backtrack will probably demand enough money to pay for therapy sessions for the rest of his life, on top of his hourly fee. :o Also, the thought of he and Möbius ruling side by side is absolutely terrifying. You'll see when I introduce him and his goals. Let's all take a moment and thank Mr. Springfield for killing him before the RP began so we don't have to worry about that. :mellow: )

(The way I have it written in my head never involves Funtimes setting off his weakness, which is mostly why she'll be so terrifying. So if Lightwards is nearby, he'll get a shot of depression.)

I'm pretty sure a satirical romance cutie mark would look like this or this. :P

It's already pretty clear that Koschei's going to be a despicable character. And thanks to the magic of time travel, Mr. Springfield's blessing isn't nearly as comforting. :o

Who goes next in Oregon? With so many player characters gathered in a single place, the building blocks of reality turn order have become obscured. 

Isn't it better if Doctor Funtimes doesn't set off Quota's weakness?  Unless I've completely forgotten he has prime invincibility, wouldn't it be more effective if he is blanketing the battle until dark!Funtimes takes him out?

She won't set off his weakness. And that isn't just because I don't know what it is yet. :ph34r:

I have no idea. Pretty much anyone could go next right now, though it'd probably be best if it were a newcomer trying to make a good impression.

I may or may not have any idea what Chicago Joe's weakness is.  :mellow: (I would make a terrible Reckoner. I can't even figure out the weaknesses of Epics I created. :P)

Personally I think it would be best for someone Aldo brought in to go next. Purple Phoenix perhaps, as he might want to explain himself to the Empire?

I'd go but I'm on a mobile at the moment and it's hard to do long posts. PP will pull Lightwards aside to talk about the lab soon, Saccharine will do the same with Funtimes once they're introduced

Sounds like a plan. Soon the hell-gates of Project Hyde will be unleashed, and our enemies will be powerless to fight. All that they will be capable of is... hiding. B)

I may or may not have any idea what Chicago Joe's weakness is. :mellow: (I would make a terrible Reckoner. I can't even figure out the weaknesses of Epics I created. :P)

Personally I think it would be best for someone Aldo brought in to go next. Purple Phoenix perhaps, as he might want to explain himself to the Empire?

Hmmm....I'd say alcohol-free beer, or the song "Cotton-Eyed Joe." :P

"My name is Parity." she said as she stepped out from the back of the group and looked around more.  "Can you explain how you got this many plants to grow up here?  Or actually, how there is a museum several thousand feet above the ground!"  Parity stifled the screech that she was about to voice, and waited to see which one of them would speak up.

So... how badly would Funtimes hurt Lightwards if he responded with "Just a trifling piece of Empire engineering. Come look at my dinosaurs now." ? :P

See, even if dinosaurs are around, Parity hasn't noticed them yet.  But are there some in sight?

There's a particularly vicious-looking raptor not far from where he's greeting the guests, still emitting a low growl. A little further into the jungle backdrop there's an Allosaurus standing by for orders.

I forgot to post these. Here are Smoke Bomb and Storage's bios. Does anyone have a cool name for Storage. I can't think of anything cooler.

Smoke Bomb:

Epic Name: Smoke Bomb "Smoky"

Human Name: Sarah Bomers

Weakness: <PM'd to the GM>

Being soaked in water.

Primary Power: Smoke manipulation. She can create large amounts of smoke that emit from her hands. She can control the smoke as well. Any color of smoke can be created.

Passive Power: When injured, light blue smoke fills the wound and heals it. This can only be done to non-fatal wounds. Anything with more than around a cell phone sized hole won't heal.

Appearance: Smoky is tall with long blond hair and light brown eyes. She wears light grey clothes usually, to blend in better with smoke.

Weaponry: A pistol.

Storage:

Epic Name: Storage

Human Name: Dallin Arre

The word Sh.

Primary Power: Storage can store items in another dimension to later retrieve them. In that dimension, nothing changes. If he puts a bomb that is one second away from blowing up, it will stay that way until he removes it, at which point, it will blow up. He can tie things to a position in the other dimension or they will follow him. If he ties something, it will stay anchored to that exact location. When he brings it back, it will be in the same place he tied it to. He does this frequently with bombs. If objects aren't anchored, they will follow him. If he stores a rifle, when he needs it, he can summon it back and it will appear next to him. It takes ten seconds for any item to be brought back out of that dimension.

Secondary Power: He can enter the other dimension himself, after ten seconds of concentration. When he enters that dimension, he can travel in there and his real body disappears from the real world. That dimension reflects the real world's geography, but not the objects that are in the real world. When coming back, he appears in the real world equivalent of that location in the other dimension. He has to be careful not to appear inside of objects.

Appearance: Storage is tall and has a muscular build. He has black hair that is cropped short and tends to wear blue clothes.

Weaponry: He keeps a long sword, two loaded rifles, a pistol, and extra ammo always stored in the Other, ready for his use. He keeps a knife at his waist just in case.

Storage's bio is a game of Spot the TWoK references. ;)

I forgot to post these. Here are Smoke Bomb and Storage's bios. Does anyone have a cool name for Storage. I can't think of anything cooler.

Smoke Bomb:

Epic Name: Smoke Bomb "Smoky"

Human Name: Sarah Bomers

Being soaked in water.

Primary Power: Smoke manipulation. She can create large amounts of smoke that emit from her hands. She can control the smoke as well. Any color of smoke can be created.

Passive Power: When injured, light blue smoke fills the wound and heals it. This can only be done to non-fatal wounds. Anything with more than around a cell phone sized hole won't heal.

Appearance: Smoky is tall with long blond hair and light brown eyes. She wears light grey clothes usually, to blend in better with smoke.

Weaponry: A pistol.

Storage:

Epic Name: Storage

Human Name: Dallin Arre

The word Sh.

Primary Power: Storage can store items in another dimension to later retrieve them. In that dimension, nothing changes. If he puts a bomb that is one second away from blowing up, it will stay that way until he removes it, at which point, it will blow up. He can tie things to a position in the other dimension or they will follow him. If he ties something, it will stay anchored to that exact location. When he brings it back, it will be in the same place he tied it to. He does this frequently with bombs. If objects aren't anchored, they will follow him. If he stores a rifle, when he needs it, he can summon it back and it will appear next to him. It takes ten seconds for any item to be brought back out of that dimension.

Secondary Power: He can enter the other dimension himself, after ten seconds of concentration. When he enters that dimension, he can travel in there and his real body disappears from the real world. That dimension reflects the real world's geography, but not the objects that are in the real world. When coming back, he appears in the real world equivalent of that location in the other dimension. He has to be careful not to appear inside of objects.

Appearance: Storage is tall and has a muscular build. He has black hair that is cropped short and tends to wear blue clothes.

Weaponry: He keeps a long sword, two loaded rifles, a pistol, and extra ammo always stored in the Other, ready for his use. He keeps a knife at his waist just in case.

Storage's bio is a game of Spot the TWoK references. ;)

Storage's main quest in the game is to locate the mysterious "Epic in White" who murdered his brother years before. :P

(I love them both. :D)

Storage's main quest in the game is to locate the mysterious "Epic in White" who murdered his brother years before. :P

(I love them both. :D)

That may or may not be true. I considered naming him the Blackthorn, but there's nothing to do with his powers. Should I do it anyways or do you guys have ideas for a better name?

That may or may not be true. I considered naming him the Blackthorn, but there's nothing to do with his powers. Should I do it anyways or do you guys have ideas for a better name?

I love the name, but that would be very strange for me since I named one of my cats "The Blackthorn." :P