Break Tank 4: Last Night, Rain Mingled With Mist

Kasimir

Btw people my role changed to thief taker

Fun, huh?

Role claims: (by Hael)

Spoiler

Ookla the Raveness/Wizard claimed Watchman, getting Ookla the Resolute/Aeoyri as their (allegedly drunken) result.

Ookla the Resolute/Aeoryi claimed Gossip, who last suggested they target Devo today to get their one truth and lie from the GMs. (Results: Devo is village, Devo is Forsaken). On D2, Aeoryi's role changed to thief taker.

JNV claimed Apothecary, and that they chose not to use their ability last night.

Ookla the Destined/Mat claimed Innkeeper, suggesting they scanned Ookla the Raveness/Wizard and Hael as Village last night, making the pair drunk.

Ookla of Ravens claimed Veteran and has not used their ability yet.

Devotary of Spontaneity claimed Gleeman, saying that they scanned Ookla the Paradigm/Archer as Village last night.

Haelbarde claimed Elder, saying they learned that JNV and Ookla the Raveness/Wizard were not the Forsaken, although if drunk as a result of being targeted by Ookla the Destined/Mat, then the result means that one of JNV and Ookla the Raveness/Wizard has to be the Forsaken.

Ookla the Paradigm claimed Wisdom and has not used their ability yet. 

So I can actually test to see if I'm drunk, because I can target someone and get them to target someone maybe.

@DrakeMarshall do we get to know if Raven's Veteran action succeeded?

Just now, Kasimir said:

Relevant players receive success notifications when their action goes through.

So there won't be a flip, correct? (Wait then what's the point of the veteran dying then if it's basically a one charge seeker scan)

14 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Well I got Devo's name

Archer scanned Devo as the Forsaken, I got a GM fact that Devo was the Forsaken (and another saying Devo is village) and Wiz has Devo as his 2/3?

18 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

i guess i missed then? also, that looks horrifying.

Well no you got poisoned or drunk cause you didnt die

9 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Btw people my role changed to thief taker

Fun, huh?

So at least we dont have to worry about pattern degradation misinfo

Just now, JNV said:

Well no you got poisoned or drunk cause you didnt die

So at least we dont have to worry about pattern degradation misinfo

Apparently I can target scan each cycle

1 minute ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

So Raven shot didn't do anything. Drunk, poisoned, or lying. Assuming drunk, possible second targets are Wizard, me, Aeoryi, and JNV, in something like that order depending on other alignments.

JNV scanned as elim, but that’s untrustworthy with how many things that can go wrong. 

Elim as in Forsaken or Elim as in DF? (Sounds like a fake claim because of the lack of clarification between the two evils)

1 minute ago, Aeoryi said:

So there won't be a flip, correct? (Wait then what's the point of the veteran dying then if it's basically a one charge seeker scan)

If someone is shot at night, there should be a flip before they resurrect, Veteran or otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

So Raven shot didn't do anything. Drunk, poisoned, or lying. Assuming drunk, possible second targets are Wizard, me, Aeoryi, and JNV, in something like that order depending on other alignments.

JNV scanned as elim, but that’s untrustworthy with how many things that can go wrong. 

why would i lie here? also, i would assume drunk, but i dont know for certain. why would jnv poison me?

1 minute ago, Kasimir said:

If someone is shot at night, there should be a flip before they resurrect, Veteran or otherwise.

a flip? explain.

Just now, TheRavenHasLanded said:

why would i lie here? also, i would assume drunk, but i dont know for certain. why would jnv poison me?

a flip? explain.

If someone, for whatever reason, is killed at Night, the write-up would announce this as per normal, before the player resurrects.

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

a flip? explain.

Well bud it can't be pattern degradation because I got a new role.

Something is strange here.

Did you receive anything about action success?

Just now, Aeoryi said:

Well bud it can't be pattern degradation because I got a new role.

Something is strange here.

Did you receive anything about action success?

yes. i asked Kas what he meant by that. he clarified saying that i would have gotten that message either way, whether i hit or not.

7 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

If you were evil. Would require you to bet everything on having an inn/apo teammate as Forsaken, so quite unlikely. JNV would poison you if non-Forsaken Darkfriend, again less likely than Mat being one.

8 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

What was the word (flavor) used to describe the alignment?

That they're one of the Darkfriends, but the alignment, not the role.

Mat. 

Just now, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

If you were evil. Would require you to bet everything on having an inn/apo teammate as Forsaken, so quite unlikely. JNV would poison you if non-Forsaken Darkfriend, again less likely than Mat being one.

That they're one of the Darkfriends, but the alignment, not the role.

Mat. 

Who has a day action that I can target scan?

23 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Wdym where did this come from

I am certain that JNV blocked me

Because there's no other explanation

I wanna know why

Also it happened I changed it

am just mat now and will be forever

1 hour ago, Ookla the Destined said:

@JNV

Can you explain to me why you lied about not blocking anyone N0

I didnt lie so what mustve happened is we got pattern degradation N0 so that sucks or youre evil and lying and that would also suck

Anyway lets look at the circle of claims theres a lot of tnagling here

Matrim claims Innkeeper who N0 scanned and drunked Hael and Wizard returning zero evils for the pair

Wizard claims Watchman who N0 randed Aeoryi 

Devotary claims Gleeman who N0 scanned Archer as village

Hael claims Elder who got told N0 JNV and Wizard arent the Forsaken

Archer claims Wisdom who asked D1 if Devotary is Forsaken and got a yes

Aeoryi claims Gossip who got told D1 Devotary is Forsaken and Devotary is village

World 1 Matrim completely truthful with no pattern nonsense then Hael and Wizard are village JNVs the Forsaken Archer got pattern degradated or poisoned or drunked Im personally discounting this world on the basis of Im not the Forsaken but other people can poke at it if they want

World 2 Matrim completely truthful but theres pattern nonsense then at least one of Hael and wizard is evil and their scans cant be trusted but theyd still be drunk not sure if that means anything anyway

World 2a Haels the good one meaning Wizards the Forsaken Wrold 2b  Haels the evil one and just flatout lying about Elder now this doesnt mean theyre the Forsaken cause they claimed last so then either Devotarys the Forsaken or Archer got patterned or poison drunked and weve got no idea who the Forsaken is

World 3 Matrims a Darkfriend Innkeeper who may or may not have poisoned Wizard and Hael cause like either of them could be a lie when they actally just poisoned elsewhere so those claims are a bundle mess of who knows but we still have either Devotarys Forsaken or Archers pattern drunk

World 4 Matrims Forsaken Wizard and Hael arent drunk still in the Devotary or pattern drunk conundrum

All in all um honestly I dont think were doing too hot Matrim if youre village you should vote Hael I think cause from your POV its either Hael evil or Wizard Forsaken and like Wizard village doesnt mean Hael Forsaken it just means Hael evil but Hael evil means Wizard Forsaken but from my POV right now Im in the conundrum of are you evil or not so Ill keep thinking

Edited by JNV

Yeah I have no indication of whether JNV really poisoned me or not, but I'm sticking with my reads from earlier. The only world where we exe JNV or Mat after Raven's kill was blocked is if we decide on e!Raven. Otherwise, e!poisoner/drunkifier is certainly not the Forsaken. Exing the Forsaken is our only priority. 

Anyway, I'm pretty committed to the idea that e!Mat (wow that name looks weird seeing it for the first time, but I approve of the change!) lied about who they made drunk N0, and all subsequent scans that say e!Devo are trustworthy. 

Devo