Break Tank 4: Last Night, Rain Mingled With Mist

Kasimir

Just now, Ookla the Paradigm said:

You have established they are not the evil Dragon, making them more exable! 

Wait actually?

I thought I got trolled

(My live reaction was:)

Spoiler

image.png.f7be6bc457cf7007b37f7f1284b124fc.png

Edit? Maybe we can get raven to shoot them

Edit??

Just for reference:

Spoiler
  1. Ookla the Raveness/Wizard claimed Watchman, getting Ookla the Resolute/Aeoyri as their (allegedly drunken) result.
  2. Ookla the Resolute/Aeoryi claimed Gossip, who last suggested they target Devo today to get their one truth and lie from the GMs. (Results: Devo is village, Devo is Forsaken)
  3. JNV claimed Apothecary, and that they chose not to use their ability last night.
  4. Ookla the Destined/Mat claimed Innkeeper, suggesting they scanned Ookla the Raveness/Wizard and Hael as Village last night, making the pair drunk.
  5. Ookla of Ravens claimed Veteran and has not used their ability yet.
  6. Devotary of Spontaneity claimed Gleeman, saying that they scanned Ookla the Paradigm/Archer as Village last night.
  7. Haelbarde claimed Elder, saying they learned that JNV and Ookla the Raveness/Wizard were not the Forsaken, although if drunk as a result of being targeted by Ookla the Destined/Mat, then the result means that one of JNV and Ookla the Raveness/Wizard has to be the Forsaken.
  8. Ookla the Paradigm claimed Wisdom and has not used their ability yet.

Known Scans:

Spoiler
  1. Aeoryi could be Darkfiend, Forsaken, or Village (from wiz, drunken?) - Watchman
  2. Devo is the Forsaken (From Aeoryi) - Gossip T/F 1
  3. Devo is Village (From Aeoryi) - Gossip T/F 2
  4. Hael is Village (from Mat) - Inkeeper 
  5. Wiz is Village (from Mat) - Inkeeper
  6. Archer is Village (devo) - Gleeman
  7. Neither JNV nor Wiz is Forsaken (from Hael, drunken?) - Elder
  8. Devo is Forsaken (Archer) - Wisdom 

Edited by Ookla the Resolute
Wiz is drunk, archer had a scan

14 minutes ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

wait I made a meme for the facts I got:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20231218-214045_Chrome.jpg.970cb5fbefc26305be2e5989fd55319f.jpg

I know right so helpful

Right, they can't be an unrelated Darkfriend, they're either good, or they're Forsaken.

Only way Devo is Forsaken is if Mat lied about getting Wizard and I drunk, meaning Wizard and JNV are village, and Wizards first name isn't wasted. I'd be inclined to believe that if Mat was lying, he's a darkfriend. Would leave their role up in the air a bit. If this is the world we're in, strong chance that Wizard's next name is either Mat or Devo.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

Known Scans:

Reveal hidden contents
  1. Aeoryi could be Darkfiend, Forsaken, or Village (from wiz, drunken) - Watchman
  2. Devo is the Forsaken (From Aeoryi) - Gossip T/F 1
  3. Devo is Village (From Aeoryi) - Gossip T/F 2
  4. Hael is Village (from Mat) - Inkeeper 
  5. Wiz is Village (from Mat) - Inkeeper
  6. Archer is Village (devo) - Gleeman
  7. Neither JNV nor Wiz is Forsaken (from Hael, drunken) - Elder

Just flagging that I'd put question marks on the drunk things, and Paradigm is also claiming to have Wisdomed if Devo was the Forsaken, I think.

7 minutes ago, Haelbarde said:

Right, they can't be an unrelated Darkfriend, they're either good, or they're Forsaken.

Only way Devo is Forsaken is if Mat lied about getting Wizard and I drunk, meaning Wizard and JNV are village, and Wizards first name isn't wasted. I'd be inclined to believe that if Mat was lying, he's a darkfriend. Would leave their role up in the air a bit. If this is the world we're in, strong chance that Wizard's next name is either Mat or Devo.

Just flagging that I'd put question marks on the drunk things, and Paradigm is also claiming to have Wisdomed if Devo was the Forsaken, I think.

I edited the archer thing in.

If mat is df, then whoever wiz  gets next is df or forsaken- if it's Devo that's a dead giveaway.

Hmmmm

Hmm, I think the only possibilities here are e!JNV (which I already was thinking anyway) or Archer got hit with the 55% percent thing, or I got hit with the 55% thing earlier. I kind of wonder if the last thing is the most likely because it's started this whole chain of inconsistencies but I guess we'll see?

3 minutes ago, Haelbarde said:

I asked when Bubble of Evil things happen, and the answer was at the end of Night turns.

@GMs - does that mean a Day result won't ever be effected by the bubble?

It does not mean that, no. Day results may be affected.

If the incorrect information option is chosen for Pattern Decay, it will reflect on both the night and the following day turn, i.e. a full cycle.

One villager will receive a false result at some point during the cycle.

9 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

so we know almost for certain who i should hit? or are we still debating.

I think everyone is saying Devo which would be kinda funny given she was the Forsaken in the last game themed like this :P

Edited by Ookla the Raveness

1 hour ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

has anyone put any effects on me?

Mat definitely will if you wait until next Cycle, assuming they're evil. They will this Cycle too, in all likelihood. But it's better to find out now that they're committed to blocking you from getting a Devo flip than to wait on that information. There's no world where V!Mat blocks you, so either you flip Devo or you get an answer on Mat's alignment. 

To articulate the case the old fashioned way, we're looking for someone faking their role. 

-Raven will demonstrate their role, and was an early claimant of a demonstrable role. 

-Raveness / Wiz was publicly confused about their scan results, spending a lot of time figuring out how they work. 

-Hael's been downright useful, and I imagine the elims are smart enough not to claim last. Pushed the Mat wagon early, building a great case for it. 

-Aeoryi made a meme out of their results. If I was patterned (which is what, 6% chance it hit me?), they'd be my guess for the Forsaken. But otherwise, I don't feel like you make a meme out of fakeclaim results. 

-JNV saying they didn't poison anyone reads as very villagey. 

-Devo scanned me as village. 

I discussed earlier why I think May's play has seemed off. Devo's post at end of day yesterday didn't read as reasonable, hence why I pulled the trigger on scanning them. 

Today, Mat started pushing a e!JNV theory, which e!him needs to do to get the momentum off him. But he didn't even do it that hard. I'll return to my assessment of him as being fairly passive so far. It comes across in the way he articulates his points. 

Anyway, he's locked in on e!JNV because it makes sense for the elims to have a poisoner. Eg. Either Mat or JNV is evil. But there was zero consideration of e!Devo. He dismisses it immediately, which I'll argue points to him being protective of her. Mat, if you wanted us to follow your results onto someone like e!JNV, we needed your flip yesterday, but you voted against that. 

All this buttresses the validity of my scan. So I think you should shoot Devo, Raven, while expecting Mat will prevent you from doing that for the rest of the game. Either we get your and Devon's flip (and probably end the game) or we determine Mat is evil. Mat will argue e!JNV blocked you instead, as he's setting up now in advance, but perhaps we can have @JNV poison someone else to prove they didn't hit Raven? Everyone is tainted by Mat though, the only options in a vacuum that make sense are me and Devo. At least if you do Devo, it sets up a dichotomy. 

Hael post from earlier, for roles reference:

1. Spoiler
    1. Ookla the Raveness/Wizard claimed Watchman, getting Ookla the Resolute/Aeoyri as their (allegedly drunken) result.
    2. Ookla the Resolute/Aeoryi claimed Gossip, who last suggested they target Devo today to get their one truth and lie from the GMs.
    3. JNV claimed Apothecary, and that they chose not to use their ability last night.
    4. Ookla the Destined/Mat claimed Innkeeper, suggesting they scanned Ookla the Raveness/Wizard and Hael as Village last night, making the pair drunk.
    6. Devotary of Spontaneity claimed Gleeman, saying that they scanned Ookla the Paradigm/Archer as Village last night.
    7. Haelbarde claimed Elder, saying they learned that JNV and Ookla the Raveness/Wizard were not the Forsaken, although if drunk as a result of being targeted by Ookla the Destined/Mat, then the result means that one of JNV and Ookla the Raveness/Wizard has to be the Forsaken.

2 minutes ago, Archer said:

Mat definitely will if you wait until next Cycle, assuming they're evil. They will this Cycle too, in all likelihood. But it's better to find out now that they're committed to blocking you from getting a Devo flip than to wait on that information. There's no world where V!Mat blocks you, so either you flip Devo or you get an answer on Mat's alignment. 

To articulate the case the old fashioned way, we're looking for someone faking their role. 

-Raven will demonstrate their role, and was an early claimant of a demonstrable role. 

-Raveness / Wiz was publicly confused about their scan results, spending a lot of time figuring out how they work. 

-Hael's been downright useful, and I imagine the elims are smart enough not to claim last. Pushed the Mat wagon early, building a great case for it. 

-Aeoryi made a meme out of their results. If I was patterned (which is what, 6% chance it hit me?), they'd be my guess for the Forsaken. But otherwise, I don't feel like you make a meme out of fakeclaim results. 

-JNV saying they didn't poison anyone reads as very villagey. 

-Devo scanned me as village. 

I discussed earlier why I think May's play has seemed off. Devo's post at end of day yesterday didn't read as reasonable, hence why I pulled the trigger on scanning them. 

Today, Mat started pushing a e!JNV theory, which e!him needs to do to get the momentum off him. But he didn't even do it that hard. I'll return to my assessment of him as being fairly passive so far. It comes across in the way he articulates his points. 

Anyway, he's locked in on e!JNV because it makes sense for the elims to have a poisoner. Eg. Either Mat or JNV is evil. But there was zero consideration of e!Devo. He dismisses it immediately, which I'll argue points to him being protective of her. Mat, if you wanted us to follow your results onto someone like e!JNV, we needed your flip yesterday, but you voted against that. 

All this buttresses the validity of my scan. So I think you should shoot Devo, Raven, while expecting Mat will prevent you from doing that for the rest of the game. Either we get your and Devon's flip (and probably end the game) or we determine Mat is evil. Mat will argue e!JNV blocked you instead, as he's setting up now in advance, but perhaps we can have @JNV poison someone else to prove they didn't hit Raven? Everyone is tainted by Mat though, the only options in a vacuum that make sense are me and Devo. At least if you do Devo, it sets up a dichotomy. 

Hael post from earlier, for roles reference:

1.   Reveal hidden contents
    1. Ookla the Raveness/Wizard claimed Watchman, getting Ookla the Resolute/Aeoyri as their (allegedly drunken) result.
    2. Ookla the Resolute/Aeoryi claimed Gossip, who last suggested they target Devo today to get their one truth and lie from the GMs.
    6. Devotary of Spontaneity claimed Gleeman, saying that they scanned Ookla the Paradigm/Archer as Village last night.

then again, i only get one shot.

im just worried about wasting it.

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

If youre poisoned or drunk and you call your shot you lose it even though nothing will happen

4 minutes ago, Archer said:

Mat will argue e!JNV blocked you instead, as he's setting up now in advance, but perhaps we can have @JNV poison someone else to prove they didn't hit Raven?

People arent told if theyre poisoned though so its mostly a game of believing me but anyway who wants to be poisoned 

3 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

If you believe in either e!JNV, which Mat says must be true, or e!Mat, which I think is true, either way, you're going to be poisoned both Nights that are left. 

If you attempt a kill and it fails, Mat will blame JNV. But look at our posts at the start of this thread. I said (and btw Mat ostensibly trusts me) I found the Forsaken! Mat didn't even entertain it. They just talked about e!JNV. E!JNV doesn't matter if we have the Forsaken. 

Maybe Mat thinks JNV's the Forsaken though. Well then if your kill fails, it can't have been JNV, because he's not really a poisoner. So you'll know Mat is evil, for either blocking your kill, or not considering forsaken!Devo. And that pretty strongly helps the f!Devo case 

Just now, JNV said:

If youre poisoned or drunk and you call your shot you lose it even though nothing will happen

People arent told if theyre poisoned though so its mostly a game of believing me but anyway who wants to be poisoned 

If people who were poisoned by Mat repeat their scans, they should get the same results, right? 

2 minutes ago, Archer said:

If you believe in either e!JNV, which Mat says must be true, or e!Mat, which I think is true, either way, you're going to be poisoned both Nights that are left. 

If you attempt a kill and it fails, Mat will blame JNV. But look at our posts at the start of this thread. I said (and btw Mat ostensibly trusts me) I found the Forsaken! Mat didn't even entertain it. They just talked about e!JNV. E!JNV doesn't matter if we have the Forsaken. 

Maybe Mat thinks JNV's the Forsaken though. Well then if your kill fails, it can't have been JNV, because he's not really a poisoner. So you'll know Mat is evil, for either blocking your kill, or not considering forsaken!Devo. And that pretty strongly helps the f!Devo case 

If people who were poisoned by Mat repeat their scans, they should get the same results, right? 

alright then. @Kasimir i believe i am ready to name my target.

17 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

It does say that but that also may be flavor, I'm not certain. Suppose you could say it in both places or wait for GM confirmation as to where you have to say it.

No, it's a literal request to do it publicly. 

Anyone want to be hit by JNV? 

1 minute ago, Aeoryi said:

I've gotten the clarification, and it's not looking too hot 

I could get two truths, or two lies but not one of each. 

So if you were poisoned Devotarys a Dark friend cool cool cool anyway last call for me poisoning anyone if no one takes me up on it Ill just hold off