Ookla Season Cometh!

Ookla Season is one of our most venerated traditions here on 17th Shard. To honor the birthday of Peter Ahlstrom, Brandon Sanderson's assistant, we change our names to "Ookla the [Epithet]" on his birthday, November 26th. Most people change back after a week, but Ookla Season doesn't officially end until Koloss Head-Munching Day (Brandon Sanderson's birthday) in December.

So, yeah. Ookla season! Hopefully you won't be as confused as I was my first time around.

3 hours ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

Ookla Season Cometh!

Ookla Season is one of our most venerated traditions here on 17th Shard. To honor the birthday of Peter Ahlstrom, Brandon Sanderson's assistant, we change our names to "Ookla the [Epithet]" on his birthday, November 26th. Most people change back after a week, but Ookla Season doesn't officially end until Koloss Head-Munching Day (Brandon Sanderson's birthday) in December.

So, yeah. Ookla season! Hopefully you won't be as confused as I was my first time around.

This isn't my first year but I appreciate this! I was certainly very confused my first time lol, also I always forget the exact dates.

Dangit just realized I haven't thought of an Ookla name yet-

last minute panic, we meet once more 🫂

4 minutes ago, Argenti said:

Ohh i'll do it this year, 
Does argent do it? I don't wanna steal silver from him

I'd be surprised if he did, he isn't super active anymore

8 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Ah, yes.

I am planning on joining again this year. I'll hafta convince a mod to change my username and change it back.

Somehow.

Ask on discord, they tend to respond faster there

8 hours ago, shortcake said:

first time being here for Ookla season, I'm so excited for this!!

Ah. I was so confused back in 2020 when everyone was named Ookla. Like, really confused. Never participated though.

8 hours ago, Robin Sedai said:

Dangit just realized I haven't thought of an Ookla name yet-

last minute panic, we meet once more 🫂

I'd be surprised if he did, he isn't super active anymore

The Admin Argent?

Question in the last few hours before I change my username (I plan to do it exactly at midnight): I’m planning on changing my name, profile picture, and member title. This will of course lead to confusion of who I am, which I am going to clear up in my signature. My question is: should I just put my normal username, or should I spoiler it to embrace the mystery?

13 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

Question in the last few hours before I change my username (I plan to do it exactly at midnight): I’m planning on changing my name, profile picture, and member title. This will of course lead to confusion of who I am, which I am going to clear up in my signature. My question is: should I just put my normal username, or should I spoiler it to embrace the mystery?

Just don’t it’ll be funny

3 hours ago, Ookla the Last Post said:

why is everybody changing their profile pictures 😭 I'M DOOMED

Sowwy Robin…

Guys I think I made a mistake, I’m not sure how but it looks like I’m stuck as an Ookla until January :P