Mid-Range Game 66: Knights of Wind and Truth

Fifth Scholar

9 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

1. Killed players will have their Order and Ideal progression revealed.

2. Yes.

3. All passive abilities are true passives and never require action submissions or action slots. So extra lives always work. (I think they always work in normal Tyrian too but it could be a weird Meta holdover that I don’t observe :P)

I have him as playing so I hope so :P 

Yep I did!

Callar looked with bleak resignation at the Knights under his charge. His meeting with the Blackthorn had been…fruitful, but hardly encouraging. There was little inside him that relished the task before him when the Orders had been working together. Now that he knew dissension was springing from within their own ranks?

He felt empty.

His eyes flitted from one group of Radiants to the next, all flirting with their new powers and talking in hushed tones between their training. Kholin had thought it best that the soldiers knew the truth of the situation as well. Callar didn’t disagree, but looking at some of the Knights, he did wonder how much use any of them would be with the information. Keleran? Couldn’t barely be bothered to talk with his spren, let alone his squadmates. Orotha had her head too wrapped up in glyphs and theories of justice, and her contempt for the Radiant orders was a stumbling block. Most of the squad he simply couldn’t tell enough about; two hadn’t even bothered giving him names. Little wonder that Odium could press hard against such an unwieldy group. He briefly considered confiding in Aradon or Bailis, two slightly older Knights who seemed to have some form of head on their shoulders, but thought better of it. They were suspects too. Storms, if he’d read the Blackthorn right, he himself wasn’t out of scrutiny. What use were Oaths and Intent in the midst of the paranoia?

A sharper cry from the training Radiants broke his reverie. Phil Swift, sword in hand, was standing over a swearing Shay, who was clutching his arm. Callar strode over to the bickering pair. 

“…nearly cut my arm off, you cremling! Go find a whitespine next time you want to dice me up like that!”

“Sorry, sorry, thought you’d get your guard up…here, no need to waste Stormlight, I’ve got just the thing for that wound.” He smiled sheepishly, holding a bottle of some strange substance. A glistening drop fell from it and landed on an actual cremling inching along the cracked ground. It froze immediately, tiny limbs vainly waving before they too calcified. Shay’s eyes grew even wider. “Get that away from me!” He saw Callar coming over. “Sir, help, he’s trying to murder me!”

Callar furrowed his brow, silencing the objections rising on Swift’s lips with a raised hand. “I think he could have done that in other ways, Shay. But yes, he should be more careful. We will use actual Stormlight to heal, but we ought to be cautious with it.” He sighed. It was a training accident; common, of course, but the whole squad was on edge now with the news. They would have to sort it out somehow. And preferably sooner. He closed his eyes, breathing deeply, and raised his voice above the chatter of the squadron.

“You have one hour to get into formation on the field. Then we’re having a talk among ourselves. Hopefully the first of many. And no one is exempt.” He took an especially long glance at the pair of nameless Knights they still had. “We will uphold our Oaths. We will perform as the Blackthorn expects of us. Or we will die in our attempt.”

Callar has called a convocation! He is a Loyal Stoneward Captain.

Cycle One has begun! It will end forty-nine hours from the close of signups and a little bit less than that from the posting of this topic, at 9:00 PM Eastern Standard Time on Monday 6 November 2023. Note that the Daylight Savings switch may trip up any non-Americans who do not abide by century-old German nonsense. I still expect orders to be in before then zu aller Zeit.

Remember that PMs are semi-open. You may open one permanent PM per cycle. Please include me in all PMs.

Role PMs should be out. If you still do not see yours, please contact me. Thank you for your patience. Note that I did not copy Order-specific Ideal triggers into the PMs, so you may want to revisit the rules to refresh yourselves on those.

The IM for this game is @little wilson. Feel free to direct any concerns you have her way.

There is an Exe today.

Player List:

Spoiler

1. Aeoryi as Saffron Iguana

2. Experience as Gen-ku

3. Ravenclawjedi42 as Death-daughter-Time

4. |TJ| as Galatar

5. Ashbringer as Bailis

6. Matrim’s Dice as Shay

7. Archer as Phil Swift

8. Kasimir as Keleran

9. STINK as TBD

10. Araris Valerian as Aradon

11. JNV

12. Psiti?tēebe?t

13. Devotary of Spontaneity as Taliat/Orotha and Iolea

Good luck! 

Death-daughter-Time did not like how tense things were. She had never liked tense environments, she preferred for everybody except her to be drunk, and about to sign their lives away to her, yet did not realize until it was too late. Her spren, Bobathan, didn’t particularly like that, but Death thought that the other radiants cared too much about what their sprens thought. Not that they weren’t nice people. Both the spren and the radiants could be considered nice people, if you looked for that.

Death did not look for that. She was much too preoccupied.

Death had secrets of her own, yet nothing nearly as big as whatever secret these non-loyal knights had. One of the biggest secrets she kept was that she wasn’t actually Shin. And that most of the business dealings she did, especially at the beginning of her career, she couldn’t have done without her father. And that she wasn’t nearly as poor as she seemed.

Bobathan didn’t like the way she made her business dealings, but, Death felt that she needed to have control over situations. Getting everyone else drunk was the easiest way to do that.

Still there were…other methods.

Death headed towards the field. Bobathan was nowhere to be found. Death didn’t bother looking for him. She ducked into an alleyway to redo the makeup to make her look Shin—if she wasn’t Alethi than future business prospects would be more sympathetic to her—and  looked around, to see which of the Radiants had left the group. Who could it be… who could it be indeed.

Finally no blackout

Yay

Also

Depression

(don't hate me if I go less active later - I will call a pinch hitter if it becomes real bad but that's besides the point- just don't expect a surplus of activity like my past two games)

22 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

Death-daughter-Time did not like how tense things were. She had never liked tense environments, she preferred for everybody except her to be drunk, and about to sign their lives away to her, yet did not realize until it was too late. Her spren, Bobathan, didn’t particularly like that, but Death thought that the other radiants cared too much about what their sprens thought. Not that they weren’t nice people. Both the spren and the radiants could be considered nice people, if you looked for that.

Death did not look for that. She was much too preoccupied.

Death had secrets of her own, yet nothing nearly as big as whatever secret these non-loyal knights had. One of the biggest secrets she kept was that she wasn’t actually Shin. And that most of the business dealings she did, especially at the beginning of her career, she couldn’t have done without her father. And that she wasn’t nearly as poor as she seemed.

Bobathan didn’t like the way she made her business dealings, but, Death felt that she needed to have control over situations. Getting everyone else drunk was the easiest way to do that.

Still there were…other methods.

Death headed towards the field. Bobathan was nowhere to be found. Death didn’t bother looking for him. She ducked into an alleyway to redo the makeup to make her look Shin—if she wasn’t Alethi than future business prospects would be more sympathetic to her—and  looked around, to see which of the Radiants had left the group. Who could it be… who could it be indeed.

JNV ... This is telling you in advance to add punctuation to your sentences.

EDIT: nice RP btw, I don't think I said that.

Edited by Aeoryi

It’s my brother’s birthday and I just got back from XC state so I’ll probably take the rest of the night/tomorrow morning to catch my breath, but I’m here for redemption of my past two games :P And I’ll probably toppost anyway with the levels we’ve been having /jk

Orotha winced. Having frequent group-wide talks was an impediment to her plans, and might interfere with her meeting with Kular. Individual surgebinders might well be convinced to side with the Singers, especially former darkeyes who would be less than keen to fight a war just to entrench the rule of the lighteyed nobility, but attempting to convince an entire crowd would just get her killed.

A victory for the Singer army over Dalinar's Coalition would encourage defections, just as it did when the Singers reclaimed and liberated her birthplace she had known as Kholinar, but such a victory would require thinning out the ranks of Knights Radiant as much as possible. Progression would let her survive wounds that would kill anyone else, but that wouldn't be sufficient to kill other Knights on her own. She'd need to make an ally within the next hour in case Callar's 'meeting' turned out to be an execution.

Orotha quickly glanced around at the people who'd acknowledged Callar's summons. The Shin woman was an intriguing option. Her people hadn't participated in the invasion and subsequent occupation of Singer lands, so she would have no material interest in helping Dalinar's Coalition enforce their occupation. That should make it possible to strike a deal with her. Once Orotha found Iolea, that would be their first stop.

So powers gained by voting every cycle, RP, surviving attacks, and being second most exe vote. The first two are individual but we could try to arrange the fourth. Have 3 or so more votes for #1 than for #2 than for anyone else to prevent vote manipulation if there's someone people agree should be promoted. #3 is technically arrangeable as well but would require risky claiming in PMs or requesting certain players be attacked and protected, both of which are flawed and coercive to require.

Phil Swift sheathed his sword carefully. His muscles were twitching like they never had before. His body was reacting weirdly. Something about being in this city was making him change.
Or maybe, whispered his subconscious, revert?
Whatever was happening, he was glad to have avoided scrutiny so far. Callar had accepted his paperwork when he presented as a transferring soldier. Of course, there had been a conspicuous smudge of waxy residue over his first name on the page. But Phil had made sure to emphasize his affinity for sticky concoctions in order to pass it off as a normal accident.
Luckily, no one seemed to have met his brother before. It might have been awkward having to explain why Phil was here and Gil was not.
"I'm on to you!" Phil jumped, almost running for the door. An annoyed looking soldier got in his face, breath smelling of garlic. "I reckon you're hurting other people on purpose, traitor."
"I think you're confused, sir." He tried in vain to back up for some personal space. "I literally just got here. There was already traitors in your, our, midst, so they must be among the group that got here before me."
That confused the other man long enough that Phil was able to slip free. "I heard that Bailis was acting suspiciously, you should talk to him instead! See you outside, goodbye!"
With that, he ran out towards the courtyard, hoping to avoid further discussion.

Ashbringer

So the problem with this setup is our second biggest suspect gets rewarded with an Ideal swearing. If we rig the votes to avalanche the top suspect and put a trusted person in second, we lose the last minute vote movements that have historically been telling of connections between evil teammates. I'm leaning towards not worrying about it at all because there's enough Ideal triggers that it's a drop in the bucket, but I'm curious how y'all want to approach that. 

6 minutes ago, Archer said:

Phil Swift sheathed his sword carefully. His muscles were twitching like they never had before. His body was reacting weirdly. Something about being in this city was making him change.
Or maybe, whispered his subconscious, revert?
Whatever was happening, he was glad to have avoided scrutiny so far. Callar had accepted his paperwork when he presented as a transferring soldier. Of course, there had been a conspicuous smudge of waxy residue over his first name on the page. But Phil had made sure to emphasize his affinity for sticky concoctions in order to pass it off as a normal accident.
Luckily, no one seemed to have met his brother before. It might have been awkward having to explain why Phil was here and Gil was not.
"I'm on to you!" Phil jumped, almost running for the door. An annoyed looking soldier got in his face, breath smelling of garlic. "I reckon you're hurting other people on purpose, traitor."
"I think you're confused, sir." He tried in vain to back up for some personal space. "I literally just got here. There was already traitors in your, our, midst, so they must be among the group that got here before me."
That confused the other man long enough that Phil was able to slip free. "I heard that Bailis was acting suspiciously, you should talk to him instead! See you outside, goodbye!"
With that, he ran out towards the courtyard, hoping to avoid further discussion.

Ashbringer

So the problem with this setup is our second biggest suspect gets rewarded with an Ideal swearing. If we rig the votes to avalanche the top suspect and put a trusted person in second, we lose the last minute vote movements that have historically been telling of connections between evil teammates. I'm leaning towards not worrying about it at all because there's enough Ideal triggers that it's a drop in the bucket, but I'm curious how y'all want to approach that. 

Is it just me or is that text kinda large? How do you do that? 

But yeah ties are arguably more bad so we should avoid them. A desperate votemaniper might make a tie to cause the person who they think should be lynched to be effectively surpressed

7 minutes ago, Experience said:

huh

hUh

Bailis had always had a habit of standing as motionless as she could manage and simply stare into nothingness. She'd been trying to break it for a few hundred years now, but she'd had it for... much longer than that. It would be in her extended notes, but the ones she had on her body currently were about more current events. The return of Odium after a few thousand years was worth that much. So much information, so little time, and the Ghostbloods making their sets of moves concurrently didn't simplify matters. She'd added nearly a third of her sum findings over the last year, while she'd been watching for...

She was still staring, wasn't she. 

Bailis took a moment to ensure the object that her eyes were resting on wouldn't require further explanation, then shook herself, the sudden motion serving to break the mental loops she was putting herself into. Motion: move from recollecting, to action. Action, against corruption, against selfish action, against one of the more dangerous Shards of Adonalsium and almost certainly the most dangerous to Roshar at present. She gave a nod to Callar, then began to survey the other present Radiants. Action: survey, mark, ponder. Bailis knew she was bad at first impressions, and these would be harder than most. Normally she merely had to mark possible vectors of the Curse of Kind, or those who would be less understanding of a Siah Aimian. That had largely been passed: the return of the Broken One and the Nahel bond had united many. Shin, singer, Aimian, even a few potential worldhoppers she was keeping a greater eye on. But now she had to watch for those willing to betray.

Unity of thought and action let Bailis operate a bit more effectively. Watch, ponder. She would need to get to know the other Radiants better. She had limited information, though what she knew at the moment was useful if limited and restricting. Death, overly secretive. Saffron, first to call a name. Orotha, cautious with reason. Phil, who had just denounced her publicly, openly hostile. She would have to manage that last one. Bailis knew that only very limited things could actually harm her, but she hadn't faced a Shardblade for a very long time.

For now, she simply gave a glance at the man Phil had spoken to, then continued her way out of the meeting hall. She would be back, but she needed to consult with her spren, and doing that here would defeat the point. And spending too long pondering risked more gaps in her attention.

And that would reinvite that voice in her head.

Okay people's can we maybe actually talk game and not just "the 200 words of RP I wrote before the game even began to get a free ideal?"

Of course, ideals are good, but maybe we could tack on something about the game at the end (or if you are skilled, integrate it into your rp). 

That being said, I must go type my obligatory 200 word rp to help solve this issue 😛

7 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

But yeah ties are arguably more bad so we should avoid them. A desperate votemaniper might make a tie to cause the person who they think should be lynched to be effectively surpressed

hUh

The text is large for me too, I’m not sure if that was intentional. And I agree that purposely making someone be in second place is too risky, at least in this stage of the game.

29 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Okay people's can we maybe actually talk game and not just "the 200 words of RP I wrote before the game even began to get a free ideal?"

Of course, ideals are good, but maybe we could tack on something about the game at the end (or if you are skilled, integrate it into your rp). 

That being said, I must go type my obligatory 200 word rp to help solve this issue 😛

Hey, I wrote this all after the game started :P

And similarly to Bailis, I’m not super great at finding ideas from nowhere, especially since I haven’t played in a bit. A few ideas around. For instance, did Archer vote me because he saw me watching for so long typing RP, or did he just pick me? Who knows?

49 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

hUh

Apparently text pasted from my notes app ends up being larger. I'll have to remember to paste without source formatting. 

The fact that you know vote manipulation is only subtractive is noted. Why are you against ties? 

1 minute ago, Ashbringer said:

Hey, I wrote this all after the game started :P

And similarly to Bailis, I’m not super great at finding ideas from nowhere, especially since I haven’t played in a bit. A few ideas around. For instance, did Archer vote me because he saw me watching for so long typing RP, or did he just pick me? Who knows?

I had pre writes but then my character was placed in the writeup and I had to adjust, smh. Expect slightly confusing backstory posts in the coming days. 

More the latter, and I'm parking my vote there for the same reason. :P. 

40 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

. And I agree that purposely making someone be in second place is too risky, at least in this stage of the game.

Risky as in it might lead to them being exed instead of the preferred target because of vote manip? Or risky as in our target might be evil? Because someone has to get 2nd place, there's no getting around that 

3 minutes ago, Archer said:

Apparently text pasted from my notes app ends up being larger. I'll have to remember to paste without source formatting. 

The fact that you know vote manipulation is only subtractive is noted. Why are you against ties? 

I had pre writes but then my character was placed in the writeup and I had to adjust, smh. Expect slightly confusing backstory posts in the coming days. 

Risky as in it might lead to them being exed instead of the preferred target because of vote manip? Or risky as in our target might be evil? Because someone has to get 2nd place, there's no getting around that 

Risky because of vote manip. Of course, the opposite would be bad if we had two elim suspects, and we exed one but the other swore an ideal. 

9 hours ago, Matrim's Dice said:

It’s my brother’s birthday and I just got back from XC state so I’ll probably take the rest of the night/tomorrow morning to catch my breath, but I’m here for redemption of my past two games :P And I’ll probably toppost anyway with the levels we’ve been having /jk

Mat happy brother's birthday! 😄

Allow me to release you from needing to carry non-existent Village analysis 👀

*For legal reasons, Heron Industries cannot guarantee Mat's alignment when flipped. No refunds allowed and lawsuits will be met with five knives in the back. Once flipped considered sold thank you.

Edited to add:

"You should talk to the others more," Ellu said, as she swam through the pebbles of the training yard. "I bet Callar would say the same thing!"

Keleran rolled his eyes. "Callar's whole job is people," he said. "My whole job is what's inside people." He hesitated, then. It had been his whole job. That was the problem. Now, he didn't know what his job was.

Certainly easy enough to look at someone like Callar, or the Windrunner Highmarshall everyone kept talking about, who, or so it seemed, lived for the battlefield. Everytime Keleran talked to Callar, or Aradon, or just anyone in the squad, he was reminded how much he didn't belong here. He wasn't a fighter. 

The spat between Phil Swift and Shay seemed to have subsided. Keleran heaved a quiet sigh. He'd wondered if he needed to take a look at Shay's wound, but Callar was right. They didn't need that either; they had Stormlight.

Everything Marinta had to say about the Stonewards was that they were warriors par excellence, superb athletes, the sort that were in the thick of things. They weren't leaders, but they led when they had to. They were there. They did what was needed, and they never faltered, never doubted, never turned back. Everything Callar was.

Everything Keleran wasn't.

Keleran struggled to breathe. His head spun, and the world seemed to close in on him. Everytime he remotely thought about being a Knight Radiant, he thought he would drown from the weight pressing down on his shoulders. Giving up wasn't an option. But he knew his best wasn't good enough. Wasn't ever good enough.

Something clattered on the ground of the training yard. Ellu was nudging his training sword at him. "I hate it when you practice," she said. "It's boring, and you hate it. But you're less sad, and less wound up about everything."

He did hate it.

But he didn't have a choice, did he?

He glared at the training sword, and wished, not for the first time, that he was back in Shvekar, drowning in his brothers' shadows, quietly working to meet his father's expectations, because they weren't going to fulfill themselves. 

Wished that he'd been picked by anything other than a peakspren, because Marinta certainly seemed to like whatever the storms she was doing with her spren, and Keleran had the distinct impression nobody expected Marinta to be on the battlefield or in the thick of it. Storms, couldn't he have been picked by a cultivationspren?

It felt cruel to think it, and impossible to utter. So he settled for ignoring Ellu, especially when she got all those ideas, and Ellu sulked and kept doing things like putting pebbles in his bath because he needed bath buddies.

Edited by Kasimir

— My first instinct is to use the second place vote intentionally to promote people we trust, rather than let it play out normally. It’s a tool we’ve been given, and I’d prefer publicly taking advantage of it so that the elims can’t.

— I think Exp’s post is elimmy but I’m not qualified to read him correctly so, opinions?

Will be back with RP in a few hours

12 hours ago, Archer said:

Okay here be why ties are horrendous:

1. In a tie, you lose your roles. Ties are very avoidable. But vote manip exists. Let's quickly not that about 40% of the roles in this game have vote-manip, but only wind runners and Elsecaller have them now (ideals needed for bondsmith And lightweilders.

2. This is not the most pressing issue now, but the closer we get to exeLo the easier (and more devastating) the tie will be to make. With vote manip (of Elims) it will be even easier.

4. due to these reasons, village windrunners and elsecallers should refrain from using their vote manip, unless a windruner wants to break a tie for an ideal to get that nice role-block surge, but still try to not use vote manip. With the fact that 40% of the distro or so has vote manip, expect some vote manip on the Elim team, which means exeLo could be closer than you thunk (vote manip generally essentially counts for 2 elims at exeLo)

4. I'm going to kindly suggest we consolidate our votes. A 2-3 vote difference from the top trains would be preferable if we are going to try and utilize the second train. 

5. Maybe if you want you could join me on JNV temporarily? They've viewed the thread a few times but haven't replied to anything but it is a c1 vote so take that as you will but yeah sure yeah scattered votessuck we don't want those

Just my thoughts on voting.

51 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

— I think Exp’s post is elimmy but I’m not qualified to read him correctly so, opinions?

According to the Stick Principle, I'd agree, but meta leads me to lean against it. Net result is a null read.

52 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

— My first instinct is to use the second place vote intentionally to promote people we trust, rather than let it play out normally. It’s a tool we’ve been given, and I’d prefer publicly taking advantage of it so that the elims can’t.

Feel it's a good way to let Elims get away with shoddy votes too easily IMO, e.g. I can easily leave my vote on you, and then if challenged, say "Sure, I figured Mat's a decent player so didn't mind seeing him get an extra Ideal." 

On the broader discussion, don't feel it's easy to ascertain prima facie Elim strat here. It's weird enough I could see it going either way, dependent on team composition. Not really interested in it either as I believe that a Village that can fail to remove Shards in a concerted, coordinated effort is not going to reap the benefits of any strategy that require organisation. So, what Devo said in a nutshell, except applying it to voting.

Would RP more but already juggling NaNo is killing the mood for kraem like that. Anyway.

-Gut image.png.2a3f28e905a10d377d6224efbf44fcdf.pngto Aeoryi for opening. Feels like the sort of energy a new Elim would burn in doc. Moderated/defeated by unestablished range.

-Gut image.png.56fa534a7ff34dffe1a2e7de053c5503.pngto Archer for opening question. Feels more prone to fence-sitting than V!Archer, who cuts a harsher position to stir controversy and discussion.

-Controversial but: gut image.png.2a3f28e905a10d377d6224efbf44fcdf.pngto JNV and TJ. Won't explain this immediately, and this is extremely defeasible. Expecting to re-evaluate as the cycle becomes more active (it will, right? Right???)

-I really want to image.png.2a3f28e905a10d377d6224efbf44fcdf.pngread Devo but know Devo is more tricky than this so I should probably be cautious of that urge.

-Gut image.png.2a3f28e905a10d377d6224efbf44fcdf.pngto Araris for blatantly undisclosed bro reasons. I accept I will always want Araris to be V 😔

-Tempted to gut image.png.2a3f28e905a10d377d6224efbf44fcdf.png Ash for tonal reasons but IMO there's clearer signs of V!Ash and I'm waiting for them.

-Have to flag that Aeoryi's comment on ties is ??? but so is Archer's. Struggling to see either point emerging from a Village perspective. Not sure they come from E!perspective either though so it's a wash (more blatantly for Aeoryi than Archer.)

-If I ain't mentioned you, then image.png.7d7c11ae3caee1d8c224815ef2b57863.png

2 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

According to the Stick Principle, I'd agree, but meta leads me to lean against it. Net result is a null read.

Feel it's a good way to let Elims get away with shoddy votes too easily IMO, e.g. I can easily leave my vote on you, and then if challenged, say "Sure, I figured Mat's a decent player so didn't mind seeing him get an extra Ideal." 

On the broader discussion, don't feel it's easy to ascertain prima facie Elim strat here. It's weird enough I could see it going either way, dependent on team composition. Not really interested in it either as I believe that a Village that can fail to remove Shards in a concerted, coordinated effort is not going to reap the benefits of any strategy that require organisation. So, what Devo said in a nutshell, except applying it to voting.

Would RP more but already juggling NaNo is killing the mood for kraem like that. Anyway.

-Gut image.png.2a3f28e905a10d377d6224efbf44fcdf.pngto Aeoryi for opening. Feels like the sort of energy a new Elim would burn in doc. Moderated/defeated by unestablished range.

-Gut image.png.56fa534a7ff34dffe1a2e7de053c5503.pngto Archer for opening question. Feels more prone to fence-sitting than V!Archer, who cuts a harsher position to stir controversy and discussion.

-Controversial but: gut image.png.2a3f28e905a10d377d6224efbf44fcdf.pngto JNV and TJ. Won't explain this immediately, and this is extremely defeasible. Expecting to re-evaluate as the cycle becomes more active (it will, right? Right???)

-I really want to image.png.2a3f28e905a10d377d6224efbf44fcdf.pngread Devo but know Devo is more tricky than this so I should probably be cautious of that urge.

-Gut image.png.2a3f28e905a10d377d6224efbf44fcdf.pngto Araris for blatantly undisclosed bro reasons. I accept I will always want Araris to be V 😔

-Tempted to gut image.png.2a3f28e905a10d377d6224efbf44fcdf.png Ash for tonal reasons but IMO there's clearer signs of V!Ash and I'm waiting for them.

-Have to flag that Aeoryi's comment on ties is ??? but so is Archer's. Struggling to see either point emerging from a Village perspective. Not sure they come from E!perspective either though so it's a wash (more blatantly for Aeoryi than Archer.)

-If I ain't mentioned you, then image.png.7d7c11ae3caee1d8c224815ef2b57863.png

Err can you add a legend for what the Pokemon mean (sorry don't follow Pokemon). 

Yeah yeah I would respond but I have stuff unfortunately so here take this depressing image of a flower instead.

Also I hate meta reads since I just read an8...

Spoiler

IMG_20231105_0951033.thumb.jpg.16d88ee49c407c6c1fdd9dc81dcdbed9.jpg

1 minute ago, Aeoryi said:

Also I hate meta reads since I just read an8...

I'm just going to say this upfront as I know JNV was a bit put-off by the punctuation dig: meta reads are part of how I roll on C1. Not everyone is good at post or thread reads and sitting back to wait for vote analysis or action results ain't ever an option. If you don't like them, don't vote with me and do your own thing. A good Villager should be doing that anyway. But by the same token, I'm not going to change my playstyle just because it doesn't meet your standards of play. I've said and will keep saying the very same thing on mech reasoning and will continue to say so because the mech reads elitism is annoying as all hell.

2 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Yeah yeah I would respond but I have stuff unfortunately so here take this depressing image of a flower instead.

Conveniently, I'm not particularly interested or fishing for a response from you. I put the reads for discussion, simpliciter, and so people know where I currently stand, that's it. Also not really sure why you feel the need to respond since I noted I leaned overall V on you, which is like, good for you regardless of your alignment? :P

image.png.2a3f28e905a10d377d6224efbf44fcdf.png- probably the weakest proto V/null+ tier I have in stock
image.png.56fa534a7ff34dffe1a2e7de053c5503.png- weakest proto E/null- tier

image.png.7d7c11ae3caee1d8c224815ef2b57863.png - null

1 minute ago, Kasimir said:

I'm just going to say this upfront as I know JNV was a bit put-off by the punctuation dig: meta reads are part of how I roll on C1. Not everyone is good at post or thread reads and sitting back to wait for vote analysis or action results ain't ever an option. If you don't like them, don't vote with me and do your own thing. A good Villager should be doing that anyway. But by the same token, I'm not going to change my playstyle just because it doesn't meet your standards of play. I've said and will keep saying the very same thing on mech reasoning and will continue to say so because the mech reads elitism is annoying as all hell.

Conveniently, I'm not particularly interested or fishing for a response from you. I put the reads for discussion, simpliciter, and so people know where I currently stand, that's it. Also not really sure why you feel the need to respond since I noted I leaned overall V on you, which is like, good for you regardless of your alignment? :P

image.png.2a3f28e905a10d377d6224efbf44fcdf.png- probably the weakest proto V/null+ tier I have in stock
image.png.56fa534a7ff34dffe1a2e7de053c5503.png- weakest proto E/null- tier

image.png.7d7c11ae3caee1d8c224815ef2b57863.png - null

It's a thing I do for some reason - it's died a bit since the shard update basically halved the time I can be on the shard but I dunno I feel a need to respond to everything? 

ADHD smh.

Also sorry JNV mindfulness is definitely not my strongest suit.