Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

15 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Insa shrugged. "I have no idea. I don't have any connection to her except magic anymore. We were gonna put her in the prison thingy and..." Her eyes widened too. "What are you trying to say?"

Bookwyrm met her eyes. "She's gone. Escaped."

for the sake of comic relief, the fan turns into a suit of armor w/ a comically long sword, the contents of which being unknown. the fan then wanders around, looking for a fight, out of boredom.

edit::ph34r:

Edited by Just_a_Fan

6 minutes ago, Just_a_Fan said:

for the sake of comic relief, the fan turns into a suit of armor w/ a comically long sword, the contents of which being unknown. the fan then wanders around, looking for a fight, out of boredom.

edit::ph34r:

I'll entertain you for now, but this character will disappear once this is over

A red tail hawk sat in the rafters above the fan.

the fan-now-knight parkours up to the bird. he states (in morse code:) "hello, my name is tortellini the 0^0th. you-..."

the knight looks at a notepad, then looks back at the hawk.

"you're the business partner of the avian who stole my great-grandpa's storming culmination of his very existence. prepare to fry."

the knight then casts a wind spell.

Edited by Just_a_Fan

5 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

"Okay so..... we need to find her." Insa frowned. "And we need to figure out how long its been. Maybe we can work backwards?"

"That might not even work," Bookwyrm said as he stretched out his senses. "I'm not recognizing the dimensions surrounding this one. It's like...it moved. I don't know where we are."

He shivered in the cold air.

Edited by The Bookwyrm

25 minutes ago, Just_a_Fan said:

the fan-now-knight parkours up to the bird. he states (in morse code:) "hello, my name is tortellini the 0^0th. you-..."

the knight looks at a notepad, then looks back at the hawk.

"you're the business partner of the avian who stole my great-grandpa's storming culmination of his very existence. prepare to fry."

the knight then casts a wind spell.

The hawk flew away before the spell could take effect. Its claws dug into the chinks in the fan's armor and began to peck at its helmet.

In the lobby of the entrance, Tal was reading a book. It was quiet, peaceful. It was home.

Wasn't it?

He shook his head, trying to keep reading, but he suddenly couldn't focus on the words. What did stories matter, anyway? Was there any point in them? He'd never cared about books before he came here. Then he'd fallen into them, letting them become a safe haven, a distraction...

A replacement.

A replacement for a person he'd never get back.

He slammed his book shut, breathing deeply, trying to keep the panic at bay. No, no, no. He wasn't that person. He didn't need to remember, not here. Here, he was just Tal, just the doorman. He didn't need more than that, didn't want more than that. He knew it. But...but that didn't take the hurt away. 

Tal took another breath, opening a drawer and revealing dozens of keys. Keys in every color, shape, and size. Magical keys. Ordinary keys. Keys carved from wood, or something that resembled it. Each a work of art, in its own way. Each able to open a door, to give a home to a person who had come to the Clinic seeking one. He felt the cool metal of the key that hung around his neck. A promise that he belonged. A promise that he was safe. 

A promise that others were safe from him. 

He ran his hands through the drawer before eventually closing it. From another drawer, he pulled a map. Unfinished, but still extensive and up to date. He stared at it for a long moment, then put it back and stood up. A walk would clear his head. Maybe some chouta. A reminder of what he had found, rather than what he had lost. Picking up his book, Tal smiled and began to wander the place he called home.

...I just wanted to write something xD, y'all can ignore this unless someone needs an interaction :)

24 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

In the lobby of the entrance, Tal was reading a book. It was quiet, peaceful. It was home.

Wasn't it?

He shook his head, trying to keep reading, but he suddenly couldn't focus on the words. What did stories matter, anyway? Was there any point in them? He'd never cared about books before he came here. Then he'd fallen into them, letting them become a safe haven, a distraction...

A replacement.

A replacement for a person he'd never get back.

He slammed his book shut, breathing deeply, trying to keep the panic at bay. No, no, no. He wasn't that person. He didn't need to remember, not here. Here, he was just Tal, just the doorman. He didn't need more than that, didn't want more than that. He knew it. But...but that didn't take the hurt away. 

Tal took another breath, opening a drawer and revealing dozens of keys. Keys in every color, shape, and size. Magical keys. Ordinary keys. Keys carved from wood, or something that resembled it. Each a work of art, in its own way. Each able to open a door, to give a home to a person who had come to the Clinic seeking one. He felt the cool metal of the key that hung around his neck. A promise that he belonged. A promise that he was safe. 

A promise that others were safe from him. 

He ran his hands through the drawer before eventually closing it. From another drawer, he pulled a map. Unfinished, but still extensive and up to date. He stared at it for a long moment, then put it back and stood up. A walk would clear his head. Maybe some chouta. A reminder of what he had found, rather than what he had lost. Picking up his book, Tal smiled and began to wander the place he called home.

My. Word. This is amazingly well written 

8 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

8 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"who has excaped?"

They are somewhere else. Not in clinic. 

5 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"maby choose something else."

"good choice."

Pic composed himself, then blurted out, “What the heck was that thing?! It felt as if my very essence was being taken away, as if I couldn’t speak, as if I would never…” His voice trailed off as he paced, working off the adrenaline that had suddenly appeared.

He picked up the pillow that had been thrown on the ground and threw it (maybe a little too hard) back at Aventine as he paced. 

@The Aspiring Archivist @InfiniteInsanity @InvisibIe

Edited by Cash67
PILLOW

20 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"maby choose something else."

"good choice."

“Thank you.”

16 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Pic composed himself, then blurted out, “What the heck was that thing?! It felt as if my very essence was being taken away, as if I couldn’t speak, as if I would never…” His voice trailed off as he paced, working off the adrenaline that had suddenly appeared.

He picked up the pillow that had been thrown on the ground and threw it (maybe a little too hard) back at Aventine as he paced. 

It whapped her in the face. “Thank you,” she said sarcastically.

18 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

"i felt the same. i have no idea what it was."

oops. i thought that infiniteinsanity had replied to i think it was the whole high raven recently 

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

“Thank you.”

"no problem." roy said grabbing the pillo and throwing it back at pic

14 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

“Thank you.”

12 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"i felt the same. i have no idea what it was."

"no problem." roy said grabbing the pillo and throwing it back at pic

Pic kept pacing and humming to himself. As the pillow flew at him, Pic absentmindedly waved his hand, and five lines of light looped around Pic as he hummed a quick descending note. The pillow ran along this loop and was hurled back at Roy at a greater speed. 

Pic seemed unaware that any of this had happened.