Mid-Range Game 65: Set on Infiltration

Experience

Vote Count (Hopefully correct):

Ravenclawjedi42-1 (Matrim’s Dice)

Matrim’s Dice-1 (DeTess)

STINK-2 (Ravenclawjedi42, Araris Valerian)

Araris Valerian: 3 (Archer, Aeoryi, The Wandering Wizard)

People who have not voted:

JNV, STINK, The Known Novel

31 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

It's been a while but I think Araris over STINK since those two are the only main wagons and I want to vote somewhere. 

Well that makes me uncomfortable. Could be a bus. Otherwise, who is Araris' teammate? 

2 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

Vote Count (Hopefully correct):

Ravenclawjedi42-1 (Matrim’s Dice)

Matrim’s Dice-1 (DeTess)

STINK-2 (Ravenclawjedi42, Araris Valerian)

Araris Valerian: 3 (Archer, Aeoryi, The Wandering Wizard)

People who have not voted:

JNV, STINK, The Known Novel

Pretty sure DeTess is on Araris

Writeup to be added in

PMs are still open.

Matrim's Dice was killed! They were a Regretful Agent!

STINK was killed! They were a Member of the Set!

Vote Count:

Ravenclawjedi42 (1): Matrim’s Dice

STINK (3): Ravenclawjedi42, Araris Valerian

Araris Valerian (3): Archer, Aeoryi, DeTess, The Wandering Wizard

Cycle 3 Alignment List:

Archer: Member of the Set

Aeoryi: Member of the Set

The Known Novel: Infiltrator

The Wandering Wizard: Member of the Set

Araris Valerian: Member of the Set

DeTess: Member of the Set

JNV: Member of the Set

RavenclawJedi: Member of the Set

Player List:

Spoiler

The Cycle will end in 48 hours on Thursday, Sept 28th at 5:30PM PST.

@JNV if you don't post this cycle, you will be replaced by a pinch hitter.

3 minutes ago, Experience said:

Writeup to be added in

PMs are still open.

Matrim's Dice was killed! They were a Regretful Agent!

STINK was killed! They were a Member of the Set!

Vote Count:

Cycle 3 Alignment List:

Archer: Member of the Set

Aeoryi: Member of the Set

The Known Novel: Infiltrator

The Wandering Wizard: Member of the Set

Araris Valerian: Member of the Set

DeTess: Member of the Set

JNV: Member of the Set

RavenclawJedi: Member of the Set

Player List:

Reveal hidden contents

The Cycle will end in 48 hours on Thursday, Sept 28th at 5:30PM PST.

@JNV if you don't post this cycle, you will be replaced by a pinch hitter.

Looks like more vote manipulation. @Araris Valerian, was this you? 
Having blue text for Mat shows a third party, right?

23 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

Looks like more vote manipulation. @Araris Valerian, was this you? 
Having blue text for Mat shows a third party, right?

I can explain mat's role first.

Sorry for the lack of posting last cycle, I got muted for 24 hours yesterday for something on the discord around this time.

But basically, Mat had a neutral role. He could change one name on the list (to the opposite color) each cycle, and if the entire list was green, he'd be a villager, if it was red, he would be an elim. 

But yeah. So we're down to 2/8, so things are looking real bad for us.

Um yeah. So stink was not Elim. Who decided to vote on him again?

3 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Sorry for the lack of posting last cycle, I got muted for 24 hours yesterday for something on the discord around this time.

But basically, Mat had a neutral role. He could change one name on the list (to the opposite color) each cycle, and if the entire list was green, he'd be a villager, if it was red, he would be an elim. 

But yeah. So we're down to 2/8, so things are looking real bad for us.

Um yeah. So stink was not Elim. Who decided to vote on him again?

Me and Araris.

They were a Regretful Agent!

Experience >. >

Is there something you forgot to tell us about this game

Actually, there is for sure. That's an alignment, what is his role? :P.

Technically, TKN could have done this if their role allows changing a vote to a no vote. But I'd bet on him actually being a Soother and the elims having a Soother on hand. 

If you were going to make this play, no sense in having Wiz bus. You know you have to deal with v!TKN soothing, so margins are tight. But that introduces an action economy problem: who submits the NK if Araris (who visited the Shard shortly before rollover) is Rioting? JNV wasn't on to do it. @Experience do you allow orders on a players behalf if an elim is inactive? If not, it implicates Raven - oh look who voted Stink. 

I'm still very concerned about Wiz's everything. Would exe in a heartbeat. I want to kill Araris and Wiz the next two cycles. 

Araris

32 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

Me and Araris.

Hm.

Does anyone want to claim *sighs* another vote manipulator role? Unless that was somehow TKN? (PM claim is fine too)

JNV is definitely kinda suspicious. 

Just now, Archer said:

Experience >. >

Is there something you forgot to tell us about this game

Actually, there is for sure. That's an alignment, what is his role? :P.

Technically, TKN could have done this if their role allows changing a vote to a no vote. But I'd bet on him actually being a Soother and the elims having a Soother on hand. 

If you were going to make this play, no sense in having Wiz bus. You know you have to deal with v!TKN soothing, so margins are tight. But that introduces an action economy problem: who submits the NK if Araris (who visited the Shard shortly before rollover) is Rioting? JNV wasn't on to do it. @Experience do you allow orders on a players behalf if an elim is inactive? If not, it implicates Raven - oh look who voted Stink. 

I'm still very concerned about Wiz's everything. Would exe in a heartbeat. I want to kill Araris and Wiz the next two cycles. 

Araris

Wiz had a bus? 

Araris claimed rioter? 

What did I miss?

Ravenclawjedi42 hasn't been looking the best, especially with all the D1 votes in the general direction of the public.

@Experience uh sorry can't remove pings.

Just now, Experience said:

I knew I was missing something.

STINK was a Soother!

Matrim's Dice was a Tineye!

Okay that makes sense now. I guess mat had two roles?

2 minutes ago, Experience said:

I knew I was missing something.

STINK was a Soother!

Matrim's Dice was a Tineye!

Huh. Another Soother. V!Soother+v!Soother VS e!Rioter? I liked it better with just one v!soother

Mat was really on his own with a tineye role lol

1 minute ago, Aeoryi said:

Hm.

Does anyone want to claim *sighs* another vote manipulator role? Unless that was somehow TKN? (PM claim is fine too)

JNV is definitely kinda suspicious. 

Wiz had a bus? 

Araris claimed rioter? 

What did I miss?

Ravenclawjedi42 hasn't been looking the best, especially with all the D1 votes in the general direction of the public.

@Experience uh sorry can't remove pings.

Okay that makes sense now. I guess mat had two roles?

I'm assuming Araris!rioter for a minute

By Wiz bus I mean them voting teammate!Araris. Doesn't really make sense, although if Araris is dying anyway, might as well Riot and hope. Either you flip and reveal your role or survive to fight another day. But it's better to no undermine your chances at survival. It's hard to figure out Wiz's behavior if they're not evil, so this is odd

I'm a Tineye, actually. Since I'm probably getting exed today, no point in keeping it a secret.

1 hour ago, Aeoryi said:

This seems incomplete. We had 3 changes from C1 to C2 (Archer flipped green while TKN and I flipped red), which implies either something else was going on, or whoever told you about Mat's role (presumably Mat himself) was lying.

3 hours ago, Araris Valerian said:

I'm a Tineye, actually. Since I'm probably getting exed today, no point in keeping it a secret.

This seems incomplete. We had 3 changes from C1 to C2 (Archer flipped green while TKN and I flipped red), which implies either something else was going on, or whoever told you about Mat's role (presumably Mat himself) was lying.

sigh. I may die because of this buuuuuut, 

Mat and I figured out the real way the list works. Basically, the list has 2 alignments that can be listed. We called them red and green, since they obviously don't mean anything in terms of real alignment.

So, there are 2 ways to switch the list color: 

1. You are the second most voted train. The next day you will turn RED. If you are already red, you stay red. There is no turning green. Ties are decided randomly (mat asked)

2. You have someone change it for you. Mat and I are the only two people who can change it for you. This will flip the person from red to green or from green to red.

NOTE that naturally without mat or I, you can only turn red. so not being the 2nd most train will not turn you green. Understand?

The reason why there were two name flips on C3 list and 3 on C2 was because I was muted 23 hours before rollovet, which meant I couldn't submit an action. But Mat targetted araris, and I was gonna target TKN.

Beyond that, I am also a thug. So I look forward to being NK'd eventually, but hopefully they let me live for a few more cycles.

Knowing mats alignment helped me determine either 1 or 2 elims, so WE HAVE TO GET AN ELIM THIS EXE. Anyways, my reads are:

1. TKN: Mild village. Very cold to me in PMs, but claiming vote manip early certainly helps.

2. Archer: Village. This man has literally put in the work and put in the hours and E!archer would definitely be noticable at this point.

3. Wandering Wizard: Neutral, leaning elim. This guy has been very slick imo but he hasn't ticked me off as elim or done anything particularily wrong yet.

4. DeTess: Mild village. Claiming a rb role is neither good nor bad, but they have been providing reads and that and this. But the rb role is kinda draging down the complete v!detess read.

5. Araris: Mild village. Motivations are sound, and the inactivity is explained. I feel like there is something preventing me from voting Araris and since this guy hasn't done anything wrong but place the first C1 vote.

6. RavenclawJedi42: You and wiz haven't done bnough to be V or E read yet so better start doing stuff man. I feel like E!raven is more likely at this point, so Neutral leaning elim.

7. @JNV, JNV, man of mystery. Dude, we can't kill him since we literally have no evidence that he exists or is elim, but jnv... dude. Hopefully your pinch-hitter will be more active.

1 hour ago, DeTess said:

Could you tell me what a tineye does?

Traditionally (Tyrian falls traditionally) they can submit a message to be posted in the next day's write up anonomusly by the GM. this is clearly scrapped unless @Araris Valerian you can post us a Tineye message next cycle? Also, so long as one (since mat was tineye) lives PMs are open, indicated by "PMs are open!" in the writeup. So obviously, big elim targets are gonna be Tineyes.

But I don't know things about tineyes this game, so araris will need to fill me in on what's changed.

So what roles are in the game that we have confirmed existing?

Edited by Aeoryi
Asked questions for farther discussion.

4 hours ago, DeTess said:

@Ravenclawjedi42, just to confirm, since you asked Araris whether they moved the vote you are claiming to not have done so, correct?

Yes. I myself don’t have a roll, and and can’t change votes. And I currently have no suspects! 

Okay, I think I'm closing in on something useful, but I want to get rid of a couple edge cases before I reveal my theory. @The Known Novel C2 it seemed like you claimed Soother. Did you have anything to do with the vote manipulation this cycle?

@ExperienceI'm not sure if you answered this already: are roles revealed for those that die, or only their alignment?

Edited by DeTess

2 hours ago, DeTess said:

Okay, I think I'm closing in on something useful, but I want to get rid of a couple edge cases before I reveal my theory. @The Known Novel C2 it seemed like you claimed Soother. Did you have anything to do with the vote manipulation this cycle?

@ExperienceI'm not sure if you answered this already: are roles revealed for those that die, or only their alignment?

Yes, roles and alignment are revealed upon death.

Okay, so here's some analysis based on the vote manipulation that happened this cycle. Unlike the soothing power that TKN claimed and STINK had, this time a vote was moved from Araris to STINK. For now I'll refer to this as the 'rioter' role. That would eb the third vote manip role in this game in addition to STINK and TKN, and I somehow doubt that all three were in the village's hands, so either TKN or the mystery rioter is likely to eb an elim, and I'm leaning more towards the rioter right now.

So, who is likely to be the rioter, based on PM's including some fairly solid looking proof I think I can narrow ti down to the following three people:

• Araris
  • Wizard
  • Raven

Araris claimed tin-eye, and it does look believeable, so I'm inclined to drop them from the list as well, leaving wizard and Raven. Raven outright denied having the role though, while it would be odd for Wizard to move a vote like that when they were on the other train.

Wizard might have been an e!rioter and acted the way he did to try and either hide his protection of e!araris, but risking a 50/50 not going their way, or he might have just done it to cause confusion.

Meanwhile, raven might be the e!rioter either trying to protect e!araris, or making it appear that someone was trying to protect v!araris to increase the chance of the village spending another execution there. In either case, it would be better to hide their role to prevent them from being tied to the situation.

Anyway, I think it might be a good idea to take another close look at these two, but in particular Raven looks suspicious, as their motives as an e!rioter make more sense than those of wizard.

1 hour ago, The Known Novel said:

I find this curious considering the relative power levels of what the other roles seem to do.

I'll go ahead and say that I am a Tineye. This is an accurate representation of what it does. I PMed Araris earlier and asked what Tineye does, reminding him that roles are wonky this game, and he didn't hedge at all. I confident he or an elim teammate are genuinely Tineyes. 

(Does one village, one neutral, and one elim tineye make sense? Sure. It's a nice role because it makes killing you consequential and leaves your actions free to NK.) 

@The Known Novel I think you should publicly declare everything your role does and that you didn't use it last cycle. Quick look at the votes raises my eyebrows based on what you told me

Still waiting on a pivitol GM confirmation that may change that though.