Mid-Range Game 65: Set on Infiltration

Experience

Hellooooooooo guys

went to some family’s house yesterday, and couldn’t do much. Is there anything I should know so far?

(yes I would prefer to not die)

I’ll read through the thread in a little bit, and give more thoughts. That might be tomorrow, as I’m busy tonight. 

4 minutes ago, Labyrinth said:

Is there anything I should know so far?

There is a list on page 1 that indicates you and Archer are Infiltrators. General consensus is that the list is inaccurate but nobody really knows what game mechanics it interacts with. Archer is currently leading in votes with 3 by my count (some folks are interested what happens if we exe a red name from said list).

1 minute ago, Araris Valerian said:

There is a list on page 1 that indicates you and Archer are Infiltrators. General consensus is that the list is inaccurate but nobody really knows what game mechanics it interacts with. Archer is currently leading in votes with 3 by my count (some folks are interested what happens if we exe a red name from said list).

Funnily enough, I really don’t want to know what happens! 

1 hour ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Can’t decide how much I want to e!read that DeTess post. Is probably just a joke but also kinda reads like she’s keeping options open for her potential red flip.

At this point, e!DeTess + e!me are too connected for distancing to work

1 hour ago, Aeoryi said:

. But labyrinth hasn't done anything particularly wrong yet, besides have his name in red on a list that we can't confirm the credibility of (which is what tess is trying to say, in my opinion).

Define "a bodyguard who may produce kill blocking" what does that mean? But I can definitely see the village having something since blackout games tend to be a tad bit unforgiving to village.

Do I believe you are evil? I am trying not to say "I think you're evil just because you voted for me" but to me you have been slightly aggressive this game. Maybe that's just your playstyle. But I don't exactly have a list of reads at hand to give to you. I know aggression doesn't exactly mean Elim, but red name + aggression is definitely leaning towards that.

(I couldn't get rid of this quote so I'm sorry about the accidental notification)

I haven't done anything particularly wrong yet imo

Say there's a role that can protect another player from the NK. It might stop a kill, it might not. Whereas a e!thug will stop a kill eventually (or the elims will win out right). So you've got two kill blocks in play, but one is less impactful. 

If it helps you read me, the GM called me out in the opening writeup and I've been on the defensive ever since. My job is to create a compelling alternative option to the shrug and shoot play, so I can't be passive 

1 hour ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

.And Archer and Labyrinth definitely both have their own suspicious aura, for obvious reasons, but while this may seem hypocritical, Archers belief that it is Aeoryi makes him an object of suspicion much more than Labyrinth, to me at least.

Do you village read Aeoryi? 

55 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

The reason why archer thinks I am a thug is because he PM'd me, asking if I was a thug. I replied with "good prediction", neither confirming nor denying it. This raises some red flags for me, as archer was clearly fishing for info, and didn't offer to role claim exchange or whatnot that a normal villager would've done. This is why he jumped to the conclusion of "Aeoryi has been talking about thugs, which means she is one, which means she's elim"

Additionally, extra stuff on labyrinth: I PM'd him, asking about his thoughts on the list, and he said it was Bullcrap. 

So because of that fishing thing, I am going to vote Archer.

Yeah, because I don't trust you :P. But I'll welcome any info you're willing to give me for free

Absolutely shocked Labyrinth didn't confess immediately when asked if they were evil 

50 minutes ago, The Known Novel said:

I really have no idea. I kind of lean towards no at this point, but that's purely because it seems unlikely. At this point, I think the only way to find out is to kill you.

It's really not*

*assuming C2 brings changes to the list 

46 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

No. We aren’t certain that there even are roles besides eliminators and villagers, and I personally doubt that there are. My prediction is that Aeoryi, who seems to be trying to make people think she’s a thug (see her post above) is an eliminator. She does not think that she’ll be able to fool us into thinking that she is a villager, so instead she makes it seem like she is neither. That’s my theory, anyway.

I’m currently voting for you, I don’t know about anyone else.

You mean roles as in alignments, right? Do you have a special ability named after a feruchemical or allomantic power? 

38 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

I think that sentence is Stink disagreeing with your Archer read (as I also do-- tells like blatant fishing tend to not actually work as elims are aware of them, and Archer has always done that iirc)

I read it as Stick being suspicious on Aeoryi PMing so much C1, in the context of their stated intention to PM spider 

4 minutes ago, Labyrinth said:

I’ll read through the thread in a little bit, and give more thoughts. That might be tomorrow, as I’m busy tonight. 

I've been reliably informed that the cycle ends tonight FYI

May I propose Labyrinth as an alternative to those who want to flip a red player

Personally I don't think it's reflective of actual alignment but I do want Archer to live here so I'll take what I can get

Would probably prefer to kill someone trying to kill the people with red by their name though

Edited by Matrim's Dice

19 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

May I propose Labyrinth as an alternative to those who want to flip a red player

Personally I don't think it's reflective of actual alignment but I do want Archer to live here so I'll take what I can get

Would probably prefer to kill someone trying to kill the people with red by their name though

So yourself? And I am already voting Lab over Archer. 

26 minutes ago, Archer said:

assuming C2 brings changes to the list 

You know what happens when you assume. 

I've changed my mind, 

On 22/09/2023 at 9:42 PM, Aeoryi said:

We get to know alignment?

I don't see an elim saying that. Aeoryi

I really liked Mat's Wiz vote. I feel like if Mat went with the overthinking option of not voting on one of the main sides of the list argument, they wouldn't be able to pull off a calm, cool, and collected naked vote. Therefore, Mat's village. 

2 minutes ago, The Known Novel said:

You know what happens when you assume. 

I'll take the risk, because the alternative is me dying 

With regards to a Laby vote, I'm torn between class solidarity and the fact that Laby PMed me and I don't trust people who act too friendly. I'd self pres on them if it came to it, but doing so to feed my curiosity really undermines my personal defence. 

TKN

4 minutes ago, Archer said:

I've changed my mind, 

I don't see an elim saying that. Aeoryi

I really liked Mat's Wiz vote. I feel like if Mat went with the overthinking option of not voting on one of the main sides of the list argument, they wouldn't be able to pull off a calm, cool, and collected naked vote. Therefore, Mat's village. 

I'll take the risk, because the alternative is me dying 

With regards to a Laby vote, I'm torn between class solidarity and the fact that Laby PMed me and I don't trust people who act too friendly. I'd self pres on them if it came to it, but doing so to feed my curiosity really undermines my personal defence. 

TKN

I'm going to save archer here.

Archer hasn't really been doing Elim things, especially with how much conversation he is doing. I will probably do some more analysis on archer later, but I think that someone like archer would be easier to identify as an Elim later on rather than early on, and labyrinth the opposite. I agree that lynching lab will give us a bunch of info, so Labyrinth

Just now, Aeoryi said:

I agree that lynching lab will give us a bunch of info

I don't:

• Lab's flip will tell us either that a.) the list did not accurately show his alignment, or b.) the list did accurately show his alignment
  • Either of those things are not actually useful, because there is no guarantee that the same would be true for Archer or anyone else.
  • And, if you're right about the list being changeable, it definitely doesn't have any indication on alignment.

I am voting Lab though so :P.

2 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

I guess I’ll Archer Labyrinth, since it seems like that’s becoming popular and I seem to be deferring to the majority.

Ravenclawjedi42 for hopping onto a train that happens to be me

wait a minute, is this your first game? Ravenclawjedi42 

Aeoryi

2 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

I guess I’ll Archer Labyrinth, since it seems like that’s becoming popular and I seem to be deferring to the majority.

Not always the best idea :P 

Labyrinth my work here is done

Araris?

Trains are Lab (the most) and Aeoryi (second most), right?

Edit: Never mind--

• Aeoryi (1): Labyrinth
  • Archer (2): Aeoryi, Araris 
  • Labyrinth (3): TKN, Aeoryi, Ravenclaw
  • Mat (1): Wiz
  • TKN (1): Archer
  • Araris (1): Mat
Edited by Matrim's Dice

20 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

I think that someone like archer would be easier to identify as an Elim later on 

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: it's all coming together 

12 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

You seem to be 

9 minutes ago, Labyrinth said:

Ravenclawjedi42 for hopping onto a train that happens to be me

wait a minute, is this your first game? Ravenclawjedi42 

Aeoryi

Excellent distancing :P. Isn't it Aeoryi's first SE game too? 

8 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Not always the best idea :P 

Labyrinth my work here is done

Araris?

Intentionally voting Araris over TKN? 

2 minutes ago, Archer said:

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: it's all coming together 

You seem to be 

Excellent distancing :P. Isn't it Aeoryi's first SE game too? 

Yes it is my first game

Araris was sus earlier this cycle I believe.

TKN- can you explain your reasoning for voting them?

14 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Trains are Lab (the most) and Aeoryi (second most), right?

Edit: Never mind--

• Aeoryi (1): Labyrinth
  • Archer (2): Aeoryi, Araris 
  • Labyrinth (3): TKN, Aeoryi, Ravenclaw
  • Mat (1): Wiz
  • TKN (1): Archer
  • Araris (1): Mat

I think I might show up twice there, recheck your numbers.

7 minutes ago, Archer said:

Unintentionally voting Araris over TKN :D. Was he advocating for killing a red player?

3 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

I think I might show up twice there, recheck your numbers.

Crap >> Who are you voting? Labyrinth?

TKN

On 22/09/2023 at 11:48 PM, The Known Novel said:

Still not an elim. It's been too long. Not counting Jabberwocky, because that was like one day long.

How do you feel about this quote, Mat? I'm trying to decide if e!TK feels the need to claim the streak is untainted 

For the record, it was three days long, TKN just didn't survive to the end of it :P. 

13 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

Unintentionally voting Araris over TKN :D. Was he advocating for killing a red player?

Crap >> Who are you voting? Labyrinth?

TKN

I feel like the most vocal of the sides have been Aeoryi, TKN, Araris vs DeTess and I 

22 minutes ago, Archer said:

How do you feel about this quote, Mat? I'm trying to decide if e!TK feels the need to claim the streak is untainted 

I made a similar comment on pg 1, as this is my first village game in quite awhile (not counting Jabberwock). In that post, I didn't mention the Jabberwock game not counting, I just didn't count it.

I mention this because it's sort of the same thing as TKN, but in reverse. I don't really know what to make of us doing different things, as the streaks are different and we're different people, but I do actually think I'd say the same as TKN in his place. But I also might as a villager in his position, so this is really just a big post of unhelpful.

28 minutes ago, Archer said:

For the record, it was three days long, TKN just didn't survive to the end of it :P. 

I mean I was alive for two days, but was near completely absent for one and a half of the days.

46 minutes ago, Archer said:

Should note that my recent games show that this is at worst NAI, and at best v!indicative. 

4 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Mat TKN

This ties things up.

So we have:

Aeoryi: (1) Labyrinth

Archer: (1) Araris

TKN: (3) Wandering Wizard, Mat, Archer

Labyrinth: (3) Aeoryi, Ravenclawjedi42, TKN

Yeah, okay that should be all the votes. Are we okay with killing either?

1 minute ago, Aeoryi said:

This ties things up.

So we have:

Aeoryi: (1) Labyrinth

Archer: (1) Araris

TKN: (3) Wandering Wizard, Mat, Archer

Labyrinth: (3) Aeoryi, Ravenclawjedi42, TKN

Yeah, okay that should be all the votes. Are we okay with killing either?

Yeah, not really thank you very much. One of these is much more appealing than the other.