Having a Bad Day? Stop here for a Good Rant!

traceria

*sends you both big boxes of cuddlebots and cuddlepugs and other such cuddleswarms*

Every time you say "cuddleswarm" I get a mental image of a horde of crazy clockwork fairies descending upon some poor hapless soul and enveloping them in a cloud of hugs and mad cackling.

Every time you say "cuddleswarm" I get a mental image of a horde of crazy clockwork fairies descending upon some poor hapless soul and enveloping them in a cloud of hugs and mad cackling.

Me too, minus the cackling. More like cuddly robotic minions.

Every time you say "cuddleswarm" I get a mental image of a horde of crazy clockwork fairies descending upon some poor hapless soul and enveloping them in a cloud of hugs and mad cackling.

Me too, minus the cackling. More like cuddly robotic minions.

That is a very good image, and you are correct in your imaginations :D (so is any other interpretation of cuddleswarms, they come to be what you need and want from them)

Man this Louisiana summer is tearing my scalp up. It's been almost 2 yrs since I've last buzzed my scalp. My hair is shoulder length now but if I can't get this under control the buzzers are coming back out. Cortisone 10 and Babyoil aren't working very good.

I just found out that three of my teachers are moving/retiring, and one of them was my absolute favorite, who was the only person who I felt like I could talk to and have her understand me. And my best friend moved to Washington, and two of my other friends switched schools. And a guy who I've kind of liked is moving to Seattle. Change is horrible.  -_-

Aaand one of our cats just died. Hit by a car.  :( And she was the cuddly one, too. She liked to come and sit on your chest while you were lying down and purr.

And now she's gone.

Another thing is... see, I'm actually not too torn up about it. Yeah, I'm sad, 'cause I'll never get to pet her again, but mostly I'm sad for my sister, who this cat belonged to, and for my other cat, who was the brother of the cat who died.

Maybe it's because I know she's not gone forever? You know, up in Heaven I'm pretty sure she's frolicking away. And also, right before my mom broke the news, I remembered how she (the cat) used to run up when I walked home and demand that I pet her. That might have something to do with it?

Sad.  :(

Aaand one of our cats just died. Hit by a car.  :( And she was the cuddly one, too. She liked to come and sit on your chest while you were lying down and purr.

And now she's gone.

I am so sorry. :(

I don't know if this is the right thing to say, but I have an idea of how you feel. I lost one of my cats to a car last November, and I was utterly devastated. I still find myself sombered when I think about him, though I've since pushed through my initial grief and can remember him with a bittersweet smile.

The point is... it's hard losing a pet, especially to something as sudden and cruel as a car. I can't express enough how much I feel for you, and what I feel is just a thin shadow of what you're going through right now. All I can really do is utter a prayer for you, give you what sympathies I can, and encourage you to give your cat's brother a good scratch behind the ears on my behalf.

Like I said, this is a terrible thing. I'm so sorry you're having to go through this; if you want to talk about it any more, we're here for you. And if not, you're still in our hearts and minds.

Have an upvote as a sign of the hug I can't give you. Once again, my condolences. :(

And now she's gone.

Another thing is... see, I'm actually not too torn up about it. Yeah, I'm sad, 'cause I'll never get to pet her again, but mostly I'm sad for my sister, who this cat belonged to, and for my other cat, who was the brother of the cat who died.

Maybe it's because I know she's not gone forever? You know, up in Heaven I'm pretty sure she's frolicking away. And also, right before my mom broke the news, I remembered how she (the cat) used to run up when I walked home and demand that I pet her. That might have something to do with it?

Sad.  :(

*hugs*

Losing pets is hard.  They're basically family members with entirely too-short lifespans.

They don't always leave, though.  The ones who are super-attached to their people sometimes stick around, at least for a while, to let you know that they're OK.  There'll be a flash out of the corner of your eye of a familiar wagging tail, or a sudden weight and sensation of purring on the bed at your feet, even though you see nothing there.

Back pain is directly height-related? Or you mean from ducking?

Not sure what it's from to be honest, I certainly need to duck and bend a lot more than most people so that comes into it but I think there's just some inherent problems with being that tall, the human body is not exactly the best design for walking upright as it is, add an extra foot of spine on top of it and I'm sure there's just some unnecessary stress going on in some places.

Fun things you learn when you're an introvert in a family of extroverts: They don't like silence. So when your dad picks you up after a long flight when you'd like to sit quietly and admire the Oregon scenery, he will. Not. Stop. Gossiping.

Maybe he's trying to distract you from the Epics :ph34r:

Fun things you learn when you're an introvert in a family of extroverts: They don't like silence. So when your dad picks you up after a long flight when you'd like to sit quietly and admire the Oregon scenery, he will. Not. Stop. Gossiping.

Do you have to respond? Because when I'm travelling with anyone I rarely actually talk to them. It got to the point that when I did say something to my Dad when we where travelling across the country ( a huge 3 hour drive ) he nearly drove off a cliff. Which I found highly amusing and he did not.

Do you have to respond? Because when I'm travelling with anyone I rarely actually talk to them. It got to the point that when I did say something to my Dad when we where travelling across the country ( a huge 3 hour drive ) he nearly drove off a cliff. Which I found highly amusing and he did not.

If I don't respond, he'll ask me what's wrong and I'll have to make up an excuse. Best case scenario, he leaves me be for a few minutes before suggesting solutions. Worst, he lectures me about how being tired is no excuse for being rude and how sometimes in life there are crappy situations and you just have to push through them, like the one time he had to do something somewhere for work and he wasn't feeling well....

Best to just give him what he wants in the first place.

If I don't respond, he'll ask me what's wrong and I'll have to make up an excuse. Best case scenario, he leaves me be for a few minutes before suggesting solutions. Worst, he lectures me about how being tired is no excuse for being rude and how sometimes in life there are crappy situations and you just have to push through them, like the one time he had to do something somewhere for work and he wasn't feeling well....

Best to just give him what he wants in the first place.

"Sometimes in life people will put me in crappy situations. I should hope those people won't be my family members."

A close analog stumped my dad right in the middle of a "life isn't always fair" speech. :ph34r:

"Sometimes in life people will put me in crappy situations. I should hope those people won't be my family members."

A close analog stumped my dad right in the middle of a "life isn't always fair" speech. :ph34r:

*brief pause*

*look of anger*

"Your mom and I give you so much, Danielle. Here I am, picking you up from the airport. I didn't have to do that. I could have said 'Nope, I'd rather do my own thing' and made you rent a car, but I picked you up instead, and now you are being deliberately rude...."

What if you are happily and completely off topic? For example:

Dad: Blah Blah blah, boring inane stuff about kids these days and the fashion sense of whores...

You: Oh, but that shouldn't be a problem, for you see: *sings*There are noooo cats in A-mer-i-ca, and the streets are paved with chee-eese! Yes, there are noooo cats in A-mer-i-ca, so put your mind at ease!

Dad: (silent for a moment, until) How dare you! Your mother and I give you so much for the express purpose that you become our hostage in gossipy and stupid conversations, and this is how you repay me? That movie is mostly sad! Really sad! And now I got "Somewhere out there" stuck in my head and I can't see the road because the tears are blurring by vision-

*cut to end scene of Thelma and Louise.*

On second thought, you seem to be handling things very well on your own, maybe you don't need my advice :lol:

*brief pause*

*look of anger*

"Your mom and I give you so much, Danielle. Here I am, picking you up from the airport. I didn't have to do that. I could have said 'Nope, I'd rather do my own thing' and made you rent a car, but I picked you up instead, and now you are being deliberately rude...."

*zzzzzzzz*

See, the lectures can't annoy you if you're already asleep when they start!