Having a Bad Day? Stop here for a Good Rant!

traceria

As for myself, I rarely complain of anything on this thread, but I honestly do not know what to do. It is all pertaining this reputation *again* as one of my posts got a flaming red *again*. I took 30 minutes to write it down and I thought it was pretty good. Yet someone thought it worth it to downvote it. Someone disagreed with it SO much he (or she) thought it actually deserved a negative reputation. 

Someone fixed it since, but still... The only negative reputations I have seen in the Stormlight section in the last months were on posts I have made and I am supposed not to feel targeted? None were aggressive or offending... I basically get downvoted for talking about my favorite character. I understand not everyone will share my opinion, but I do not see other posts made by other forumers on their favorite characters get a flaming red.

I know I am not a popular forumer. I know many forumer dislike me, but still.... Why do I feel only MY posts get so much downvoting? 

Earlier today, I felt like deleting all my posts because nobody enjoys them it seems, so why bother?

I'm sorry it happened Maxal. I was on the thread at the time - I'm the one who upvoted you back to zero because I thought it was such an unreasonable use of a downvote (and, also, because I liked your post. I would have upvoted it even if it hadn't been -1). I really enjoy all your posts. I like how much time you take to explain your point of view and how you explore various characters (with honourable mention to Adolin, of course!). This is a fan forum after all and its good to have a bit of zealous passion about your favourite character surely? Would be a pretty dull forum if fans weren't  ... well ... fanatical about the stuff they love  :D .

I would like people to chill out a lot here. That would be really awesome.

Maxal, I'm sorry things got downvoted. They are now in the positive rep. As I've always said, these things average themselves out, and they did. Just... try and give it a little bit of time for it to actually average. I've gone through every post of yours in this calendar year and none of them are negative. Like two posts that have rep averaged to 0, but that's two out of a lot of posts. There was a very small percentage of downvotes compared to your upvotes in this calendar year. Statistically speaking you are incredibly valued in the community.

Kobold and Silverblade. You are not moderators. Please do not pretend to be moderators. You will be receiving more specific PMs, but you need to chill way down.

My apologies for my downvote thread response taking a while. However, it really boggles my mind to see this level of effect to that. Especially when they don't stay this way. You do need to chill. If a post is red for a mere 30 minutes, like Kobold's case, should you really have such a vitriolic response? I don't think so. It might actually not be a big deal at all.

As part of the new skin we'll have up and downvotes be more color neutral, so you know. But I would say... relax a bit.

This is something you'll want to PM Chaos or another admin/mod about. Discussion here would most likely be inappropriate.

Deleted the post - good point. Now to get back on topic.

For months, I've been planning to buy an Xbox 360 because my Xbox One didn't have backwards compatibility. I saved up for six months, scrounging up every cent, every penny, doing every job that would earn me a nickel. Then, I bought it two days before E3. You know where this is going.

Microsoft: We are now introducing backwards compatability to the Xbox One.

Me: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Two hundred and fifty pounds to buy a shiny new Xbox 360, which will be literally a pointless chunk of metal and plastic come December. I tried to sell it back on Ebay, but I couldn't get more than a hundred pounds for it, for two reasons. One; I bought it new, and now I'm selling it used. And two; the Xbox 360 is now completely and utterly out of date.

First world problems... 'Glances at millions of starving children around the world.' I am having the worst day of all time. Maybe this isn't something I should be complaining about with the state of the world, as everyone else I've talked to about this has said.

Edited by Adamir

Deleted the post - good point. Now to get back on topic.

For months, I've been planning to buy an Xbox 360 because my Xbox One didn't have backwards compatibility. I saved up for six months, scrounging up every cent, every penny, doing every job that would earn me a nickel. Then, I bought it two days before E3. You know where this is going.

Microsoft: We are now introducing backwards compatability to the Xbox One.

Me: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Two hundred and fifty pounds to buy a shiny new Xbox 360, which will be literally a pointless chunk of metal and plastic come December.

And I'll edit my post so the quote isn't there.

If it makes you feel better, I wouldn't view it as a waste because now you're not taking up any of the space on the XBone hard drive, instead having the 360 hard drive for the data. Unless you've purchased a multi-TB external to hook to your XBone through USB.

If it makes you feel better, I wouldn't view it as a waste because now you're not taking up any of the space on the XBone hard drive, instead having the 360 hard drive for the data. Unless you've purchased a multi-TB external to hook to your XBone through USB.

Good point - for now, I'll cancel the eBay sale. It will be something to bore my grandchildren with.

"This is what we, in the year two thousand fifteen, called a 'games console'."

"Where's the telepathic USB slot?"

"Back in my day, we couldn't just stream our consciousnesses into a game... no, we had to imagine what we couldn't experience..."

"Yes, books were incredible, I've heard it already, granddad."

"I'm not talking about books!"

"What's the difference if there's no telepathic USB? Next, you're going to start crying about Latin."

"Latin was thousands of-"

Good point - for now, I'll cancel the eBay sale. It will be something to bore my grandchildren with.

"This is what we, in the year two thousand fifteen, called a 'games console'."

"Where's the telepathic USB slot?"

"Back in my day, we couldn't just stream our consciousnesses into a game... no, we had to imagine what we couldn't experience..."

"Yes, books were incredible, I've heard it already, granddad."

"I'm not talking about books!"

"What's the difference if there's no telepathic USB? Next, you're going to start crying about Latin."

"Latin was thousands of-"

I see your XBox 360 and raise you my classic NES. 

Yes, it still works perfectly.

The terrifying thing is, I'm pretty sure if Feather had her way, we'd all be "upgraded" and the forum would be turned into a Renarin fansite.

That's the thing, Quiv. I've already got a Renarin fansite. My thing with character discussion is I just want it to be respectful. I mean, just don't bash characters. I think it's cool that my blathering has managed to get some more people to appreciate my favorite character (though if there is a rampant downvoter going after people, that's pretty unfortunate). I certainly don't feel any need to take over the site, though! 

Fear me for the painful fanfics, not insidious plots to overhaul the system and start a new regime.

That's the thing, Quiv. I've already got a Renarin fansite. My thing with character discussion is I just want it to be respectful. I mean, just don't bash characters. I think it's cool that my blathering has managed to get some more people to appreciate my favorite character (though if there is a rampant downvoter going after people, that's pretty unfortunate). I certainly don't feel any need to take over the site, though! 

Fear me for the painful fanfics, not insidious plots to overhaul the system and start a new regime.

If I did make a elimination game themed around Cybermen upgrading people to a love of particular Rosharan characters would you:

1) mind if called you cybercontroller for the Renarin faction in this game?

2) play said game?

Wow... after all this ranting, my thing sounds rather petty. :wacko:

So.  On Saturday, I went out in the heat of day to pick boysenberries, which was not a good idea in the least.  Got very sweaty, lots of bugs everywhere, and then there is something crawling on my face.  Next thing I know, there is a spider dangling from my hair.  LOVELY day.

And today, I was picking some again, and it turns out that a whole bunch of bugs were taking over the world in the berry patch, so only about half the ripe ones were edible.  Thanks a lot, bugs! :angry:

Also, I am really frustrated because these emoticons don't even come close to showing the extent of human emotion. <_<

Wow... after all this ranting, my thing sounds rather petty. :wacko:

So. On Saturday, I went out in the heat of day to pick boysenberries, which was not a good idea in the least. Got very sweaty, lots of bugs everywhere, and then there is something crawling on my face. Next thing I know, there is a spider dangling from my hair. LOVELY day.

And today, I was picking some again, and it turns out that a whole bunch of bugs were taking over the world in the berry patch, so only about half the ripe ones were edible. Thanks a lot, bugs! :angry:

Also, I am really frustrated because these emoticons don't even come close to showing the extent of human emotion. <_<

Ewwww. I've picked berries before, and there's nothing worse than doing all of that hard work for maybe a handful of edible berries. <_<

If I did make a elimination game themed around Cybermen upgrading people to a love of particular Rosharan characters would you:

1) mind if called you cybercontroller for the Renarin faction in this game?

2) play said game?

I don't want to drag us too off topic here, but I must decline, probably. I'm off to China for a month in a few days and will have possibly limited internet options, so committing to a game is a no-go. And, if I'm not around to watch what's going on, it's probably best to leave me out of it. 

I don't want to drag us too off topic here, but I must decline, probably. I'm off to China for a month in a few days and will have possibly limited internet options, so committing to a game is a no-go. And, if I'm not around to watch what's going on, it's probably best to leave me out of it. 

Ooh, China? What are you doing there, if you don't mind the question? :)

Dear Mom,

My eleven-year-old sister did ONE irritating thing last night. And that thing--pointing out that she hadn't taken her water glasses downstairs to the dishwasher like she was supposed to--can even be seen as an act of honesty. Lazy, yes, but also honest.

You already told my dad how much it annoyed you when it happened. I think it's time to stop complaining about it to your friends. Seriously. It's not worth a twenty-minute conversation.

Dear Mom,

My eleven-year-old sister did ONE irritating thing last night. And that thing--pointing out that she hadn't taken her water glasses downstairs to the dishwasher like she was supposed to--can even be seen as an act of honesty. Lazy, yes, but also honest.

You already told my dad how much it annoyed you when it happened. I think it's time to stop complaining about it to your friends. Seriously. It's not worth a twenty-minute conversation.

Sounds like someone needs a hobby.

*enters thread and constructs a cuddleswarm dispenser*

So what a cuddleswarm is, is a collection of robots which are intentionally cuddly and comforting. They come tailor made to be whatever you need and find most comfortable with, and they hug and comfort you for as long as you need.

I hope they are welcome in this thread, to help people get through the lameness that life often throws at you.