The 17S International Potluck in India TM

Cinnamon

Hello, hello, hello. This topic here is for anyone who is a Sharder, well I guess that’s you! What a coincidence! If you haven’t already heard there are rumours and plans spreading about us, the members and staff of the Seventeenth Shard coming together for The 17S International Potluck in India TM  this, I am sorry to inform you is just rumours, at the moment but YOU, yes you could help bring these rumours to reality. That is if YOU happens to be an insanely rich person happy to fly a bunch of people out to India for an event that sounds really awesome.

If you by some miracle haven’t heard of the The 17S International Potluck in India TM  then allow me to explain.

What started with a humble idea to go on a 

Shard group trip to India to visit @Elf and try the chai :3

from our lovely @Szeth's Facepalm. Sparked something in my brain, and in all of our hearts. I posted this immediately after:

That would be awesome!!! We’d have all the best food! People could bring a recipe from their culture and families and we could have a huge international potluck while talking about Sanderson! Robin could bring Chinese stuff, Telrao and I would bring some Aussie delacacies, Doomie and all the Texans would probably bring brisket and cornbread or something, Cellit would bring some awesome Spanish stuff and alll the Americans would bring things from all over!!!!

can you tell I’m hungry?

The 17S International Potluck in India TM  is an international potluck in India with a bunch of 17th Sharders. 
Of course this incredible dream cannot become reality until YOU comes along so for now this is a thread, a club if you will, for all Sharders to tell us what they would bring and/or a recipe for the The 17S International Potluck in India TM.  Even though 

We may not be able to have an actual potluck, but we can still have a cultural exchange via food! - @NerdyAarakocra

You’ll need to tell us what you’re bringing where the food is from. Tell us why you (not YOU) would bring it to the The 17S International Potluck in India TM does it have a funny story,? did your nonna make it for you when you were a kid? Do you just like it? Is it a staple of your country?

If you try one of the foods mentioned in this thread, let us know! Did you like it? Would you have it again?

Thank you and help the The 17S International Potluck in India TM become reality.

The fun thing is we don’t actually even know if @Elf even lives in India. UPDATE: it has been confirmed. they do

So far we have:

@CalanoCorvus: TEXAS barbecue and “Mighty fine!!”

@Aes Sedai: USA “every homegrown vegetable you can imagine and more.”

@Szeth's Facepalm:HUNGARY “Hungarian food! And lots of bread.”

@The Aspiring Archivist:  IN INDIA AT THE POTLUCK will just eat all the garlic bread

@DramaQueen: USA “Pizza bagels”

@NerdyAarakocra: EASTERN EUROPEAN JEWISH "dessert!"

@Being of Cacophony: USA and ENGLAND Honeybutter and rasperrybutter with rolls and rice pudding.

@Shadowed: ENGLAND "sausages and mash. Lots and lots of sausages and mash."

@Elf :INDIA "[She will]show [us] all the best places to eat original indian food" (yayyyy)

@Cash67: TEXAS "Brisket and Green Bean Casserole. (and also try literally everything)"

@Shining Silhouette: USA two varieties of really awesome sounding paninis

@Morningtide: THE NETHERLANDS Stompote and 

@Telrao: AUSTRALIA banana bread

@InfiniteInsanity:USA bread and doughnuts

@The Wandering Wizard:ITALY lasagna 

@The last Fae in the Woods: USA gluten free dairy free peanut butter pie

@Tani: USA? potato casserole or maybe squash soup

@Witless of Shinovar: GERMANY pumpkin bread

@AonDoor: INDIA coconut curry chicken

@Veledsier:MEXICO-USA Carne asada TACOS!!!!!

@Thaidakar the Ghostblood: USA ('Merica)  "the best pumpkin pie ever."

Edited by Cinnamon
adding food!! :)

16 minutes ago, Frustration said:

At first I thought this was some satire mocking the Indian Astrologer spambots.

I kind of want to see that now.

Awww man! Why didn’t i think of that! There are so many people bots that have been members of 17S from India! It’ll be a huge thing :P

That would have been hilarious though if this was satire.

Edited by Cinnamon

I hope it becomes a reality! I'm going to put this thread in my signature if that's okay @Cinnamon. I would love to come if/when it does, but I don't know if I could actually make it happen. I'd love to meet all you awesome people face-to-face. And if I did come, I'd probably bring rolls. Rolls are SO FREAKING GOOD!!!! And probably jam and what my family calls "Honeybutter and rasperrybutter." Also, @Szeth's Facepalm, where did you learn about Hungarian food? My brother is on a mission in Hungary.

2 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

I hope it becomes a reality! I'm going to put this thread in my signature if that's okay @Cinnamon. I would love to come if/when it does, but I don't know if I could actually make it happen. I'd love to meet all you awesome people face-to-face. And if I did come, I'd probably bring rolls. Rolls are SO FREAKING GOOD!!!! And probably jam and what my family calls "Honeybutter and rasperrybutter." Also, @Szeth's Facepalm, where did you learn about Hungarian food? My brother is on a mission in Hungary.

No problem at all!!!

15 minutes ago, Being of Cacophony said:

my family is hungarian :)

37 minutes ago, Witless of Shinovar said:

This is amazing! A whole thread devoted to the Indian Potluck!

as stated before, I will come and eat all the delicious food. That is my role

Yeah… I’m not putting you on the list for that, sorry mate. Pick a food you’d bring/like to be there for you to eat. Give a story and orig in place (of you having the food not necessarily you) :D

waaaaaiit! Mr. Witless go to bed this instant! I just read your SU. YOU NEED SLEEP.

1 hour ago, DramaQueen said:

sorry there's no way i'm getting to india, i was volunteered for this and gave no confirmation

It's mostly just a joke, a fun idea that we wish could happen. I don't think anyone can go to India:P I'm sorry if you felt you were volunteered without wanting too. I took your response to the original posts as what you were bringing. I can edit you out if you like! :D.

How dare you put Mighty Fine in quotes.

How dare you.

I'll have you know that Mighty Fine is the best burger place you will ever have. They're burgers, fries, and shakes are unmatched. The crinkle cut fries are salty and crispy, the burgers large, juicy, and delicious, and the shakes are thick, creamy, made with Texas Blue Bell ice cream.

Do not put Mighty Fine in quotes.

4 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

How dare you put Mighty Fine in quotes.

How dare you.

I'll have you know that Mighty Fine is the best burger place you will ever have. They're burgers, fries, and shakes are unmatched. The crinkle cut fries are salty and crispy, the burgers large, juicy, and delicious, and the shakes are thick, creamy, made with Texas Blue Bell ice cream.

Do not put Mighty Fine in quotes.

Sorry!!!!!!!!! I didn't mean to offend you. I put in in quotes because it is the name of a place and not a spectic food. You can't eat mighty fine but you can eat "Mighty Fine".  Also it is a quote. From you.

See???

quote.png.0a1d187de01eeee5ba0a5e58454f6b5c.png

I considered quoting everyone's stuff but then I remembered you can't add quotes in edits so I just put the stuff that they actually said in quotation marks. I really didn't mean to be offensive to "the best burger place you will ever have"

forgive me.

edit: rusts! I did it again! I wasn't trying to be mocking by saying the best burger place you will ever have in quotes!!!! I was quoting you!!!! aghhhhhh :( don't be mad

not edit:

12 hours ago, Shadowed said:

As an English person, I would bring sausages and mash. Lots and lots of sausages and mash.

*sausage-and-mash daydreams*

10 hours ago, Elf said:

yeahhh 

and ill show you all the best places to eat original indian food 

5 hours ago, Cash67 said:

I will fulfill the Texan stereotype and bring Brisket and Green Bean Casserole. 

(and also try literally everything)

As for you guys, I'll pop yours in soon :D

Edited by Cinnamon

I can make a wicked panini. I'll bring two varieties.

One is made with ripe, thick-sliced tomatoes, fresh creamy mozzarella, basil, drizzled with balsamic vinegar, and brushed with olive oil, and toasted on a ciabatta bun.

The other one I'll bring has smoked ham, pepper jack, a couple of chopped onions, jalepeños, hot sauce, avocados, and toasted on sourdough bread

14 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

It's mostly just a joke, a fun idea that we wish could happen. I don't think anyone can go to India:P I'm sorry if you felt you were volunteered without wanting too. I took your response to the original posts as what you were bringing. I can edit you out if you like! :D.

I was just saying I wanted to eat pizza bagels

1 hour ago, DramaQueen said:

I was just saying I wanted to eat pizza bagels

So you were just making a TOH reference.

What would be cool, however, is if we could use this thread to share recipes from our cultures. We may not be able to have an actual potluck, but we can still have a cultural exchange via food!

4 minutes ago, NerdyAarakocra said:

So you were just making a TOH reference.

What would be cool, however, is if we could use this thread to share recipes from our cultures. We may not be able to have an actual potluck, but we can still have a cultural exchange via food!

yes, lets! and if someone makes one they must give a review!