Cellists Unite

11 hours ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

You know what they say... the composer wrote the first eight notes for the cello and played them and just thought they were so beautiful that he had a heart attack and died and that's why there's not anymore notes for the cello to play.

also,

Reveal hidden contents

I have heard that, it’s fun. 
Just curious to see if anyone had been submitted to the horror of playing it because I got to play it in a concert last month. 

90 flutes is waaaaaaaay too many, especially since they usually have the same part as violins. How big is the orchestra?!?! (Sorry that might be too personal a question but WOW that’s a lot of humans). 

It’s not so much of an actual orchestra and more of a programme that you get signed up to and then they invite you on different orchestra days - there’s not that many people all in a room at once.

That being said, there’s 600 people on it :ph34r:

Dropped in to mock my own orchestra at my high school. By senior year the "symphony" or "orchestra" or whatever only consists of like a dozen people. The teacher made it so if you don't show up to one concert because you gotta be somewhere, your grade drops like crazy. I would have kept playing the violin, but I quit in eighth grade. Since this is a cellist thread. Just gotta say cellos are one of the best musical instruments.

*chef's kiss.* They're like the perfect pitch.

And Steve Nelson is an absolute beast, must be awesome to be related to him. 

On 1/20/2023 at 1:54 PM, Being of Cacophony said:

I love the cello, I'm a bass player though. Always wanted to be and it was worth it.

I FRICKING LOVE BASES OMG. THEY"RE SO COOL.

On 1/20/2023 at 1:54 PM, Being of Cacophony said:

Can I get free backstage passes Facepalm? Pleeeeeaaaaaaasssseeeee????

sorry m8 you're on your own.

https://thepianoguys.com/products/vip-meet-greet-pass?variant=42124530483356

nepotism heheheh

5 hours ago, That1Cellist said:

Just wondering, what is the average self-esteem of my fellow cellists like?

Average. Healthy, even. I know my strengths and weaknesses and they're cool. Even though it usually seems like the weakness outnumber the strengths, i try to keep on the positive cause I've been there with self-hatred and i don't want to again.

Why do u ask?

9 minutes ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

Average. Healthy, even. I know my strengths and weaknesses and they're cool. Even though it usually seems like the weakness outnumber the strengths, i try to keep on the positive cause I've been there with self-hatred and i don't want to again.

Why do u ask?

I don't know. Having the best high school cellist in my state at least have private lessons after me is terrifying.

Also my self-esteem is really low.

Edited by That1Cellist

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, The last Fae in the Woods said:

See the ranks are roughly Cello > Viola > Bass  > Violin

But the best two combined is a Viol.

You have no respect for us, I see. That's fine. If any of you need someone to murder, just to make yourselves feel better, you know where to find me. 

Actually I hope you don't, that would be very creepy.

Me say Cello > Bass > Viola > Violin

Also dude i practiced a ton today and my fingers are so sore ;-;

Edit: oh shoot oh shoot my right hand is acting weird, it's hard to bend my pinkie and it part just below my fingers feels kinda sore ;-; ahhhh i hope it isn't anything bad. hopefully i just practiced too much and it will be fine tomorrow. gah. at least it's my bow hand and not my string hand. pls be ok pls be ok ;-;-;-;-;

Edited by Szeth's Facepalm

13 hours ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

Me say Cello > Bass > Viola > Violin

Also dude i practiced a ton today and my fingers are so sore ;-;

Edit: oh shoot oh shoot my right hand is acting weird, it's hard to bend my pinkie and it part just below my fingers feels kinda sore ;-; ahhhh i hope it isn't anything bad. hopefully i just practiced too much and it will be fine tomorrow. gah. at least it's my bow hand and not my string hand. pls be ok pls be ok ;-;-;-;-;

I agree with your statement (mostly). I would say Cello=Bass (depends on the person) >Viola>Violin. I hope your fingers are fine.

• 1 month later...