17 minutes ago, Turtle said:

also idk when i’ll be back on and i don’t really want to die, so i’ll vote silho for now, might join the jnv wagon if i’m back on later and they haven’t said anything.

A. You were not endangered at the point of the votecount. What is with this vote couched as self-pres? Feels a bit ?

B. @Ashbringer - Open to being talked onto Book if you have thoughts there. It turns out one hour to rollover means this hour *slaps hood* can fit so much rethinking in it!

C. 

22 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

I opened a PM with Bookwyrm nearly three hours after rollover.

This cycle, I'm presuming?

D.

12 minutes ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

I forgot the JNV vote meme :o

Should've used it to vote Araris last game :eyes:

To be clear, I'm not dead set on JNV. I'm sort of oscillating between E!Silho and V!Silho and I think there's almost a case to be made that if you want to just infolynch him, you should do it now because the Elims will never kill him when he's being this confusing, and next cycle is set to be lylo. Leaving the pragmatic case aside, my issue with JNV is just some read fuzziness (which, to be fair, tends to be true most of the time), but also I find their non-reaction to Archer's post...odd, given that's almost certainly the sort of thing that's JNV comment fodder. I PMed JNV about it and they mentioned something about it being very unlikely Archer would commit given the 40% shot at death and it being a crazy Archer Village plan but also uncertainty about Archer's alignment.

The two of that...doesn't seem to gel together very well.

I can be talked into Bookwyrm ig but that feels very LHF right now, despite inner Shadow telling me to Nike (TM). But yeah willing if there's a good case for it.

I have a suspicion inner Orlok would wanna go for Wiz a little, but I'm a quokKas, not Orlok so that's fine. I do still V!lean Wiz.

I am not sure I trust myself on Silho anymore, but also, the pragmatic argument does carry some weight in my eyes.

Edited to add:

3 minutes ago, Matrim's Dice said:

An hour and two minutes remaining! Get those votes and actions in! Preferably sooner than 9:59:59! 

Can't blame a man for defending his Village reads, Mr GM sir >> Well I guess you can but.

Edited by Kasimir

Just now, Turtle said:

i’m voting silho rn but i think that looks good otherwise 

Gotcha :P.

...Fifty-eight minutes remaining!

• The Bookwyrm (1): Ashbringer
  • JNV (3): Kasimir, The Wandering Wizard, Shining Silhouette
  • Turtle (1): xinoehp512
  • Shining Silhouette (3): JNV, The Bookwyrm, Turtle

Just now, Kasimir said:

You were not endangered at the point of the votecount. What is with this vote couched as self-pres? Feels a bit ?

??? this was because of the modified voting filter where there’s a chance of death if you don’t vote

wait imma reread the rules

2 minutes ago, Turtle said:

??? this was because of the modified voting filter where there’s a chance of death if you don’t vote

wait imma reread the rules

Ah okay that sorta self-pres, got it.

And gentlespren and gentlebeings, we have...

ANOTHER TIE!

An hour before rollover!

What shenanigans await us? :D 

Edited to add:

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

Yes :P

I opened one with you last cycle and I'll say it again. It was about an hour after C1 started.

I should've remembered this but legit thought I'd opened it which is nuts since I already mentioned opening one with Ash...

This strict PM diet in this game is causing me pain :( 

Edited by Kasimir

7 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

This strict PM diet in this game is causing me pain :( 

It is starting to cause me pain, since I've started to find fun in making PM buddies.

I'm not solidly sold on anyone, possibly sold on JNV, but my brain is twisting other possibilities into being. At times I wish my brain would be still, but it's always moving. .__.

Ties?

I don't like ties...

Although I would rather stay on Bookwyrm. The main reason being Bookwyrm is actually online more - JNV may be posting only once per cycle, but they also haven't signed on their account in 12 hours. Bookwyrm's been off and on, and changing their vote without too much in the way of reasons.

They also asked for Reasoning from me for the initial vote and then never got back to me, engaging with Silho instead. Perhaps because I'd be a hard exe to push, perhaps from suspicion, but it seems... convinient? But JNV also voted Silho... but at that point no one was voting JNV or there at least wasn't a "train".

The third reason is because Kas you make me nervous because you led the Turtle->TUN switch and are now leading a Silho->JNV switch :P

6 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Could've went for Archer and stabbed me, yes. Then interesting C2 :P

Dead Doc Party 2? :eyes:

@Shining Silhouette, why do you put Bookwyrm as essentially your second highest trust? Do you have a PM with them?

That's what I gots so far

3 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

Dead Doc Party 2? :eyes:

nah it would be dead doc party 3: party 2 was kas overflow :P

tbh i also dont like ties, but I’m with you that voting jnv doesnt feel great rn cos they haven’t been on for so long and so i dont really wanna move from silho, if that makes sense. I might join you on bookwyrm depending on how they post later- I dont super want to vote out a new player.

1 minute ago, Ashbringer said:

Although I would rather stay on Bookwyrm. The main reason being Bookwyrm is actually online more - JNV may be posting only once per cycle, but they also haven't signed on their account in 12 hours. Bookwyrm's been off and on, and changing their vote without too much in the way of reasons.

Yeah, but we've been over this in the LG90 dead doc too, and that's that reifying reasons gets us E!TUN and E!Wiz in LG90. I'm distrustful of reasons talk too much, given Bookwyrm's experience at this juncture. I've sort of got him in my head as a quasi-Jain/Ashiok at the moment, not sure if that's quite right but that's where he is.

Like...it's literally how Wiz et al were pushing V!Stick. "Oh, you voted without reasons!" and I'm sort of sensing that's probably not what you had in mind. You thinking Bookwyrm is more likely to be a lurker Elim? That's not really lurker play, though. That's drawing attention.

Worthwhile looping in @The Wandering Wizard at this point because his issue with JNV does sound like a quasi-CC but I suspect it's a lurker Elim profile type argument, really. And I can sorta see it, given the Xino kill attempt. Maybe. IDK. On the other hand, you kill low profile when you're noisy, don't you?

They also asked for Reasoning from me for the initial vote and then never got back to me, engaging with Silho instead. Perhaps because I'd be a hard exe to push, perhaps from suspicion, but it seems... convinient? But JNV also voted Silho... but at that point no one was voting JNV or there at least wasn't a "train".

?

The third reason is because Kas you make me nervous because you led the Turtle->TUN switch and are now leading a Silho->JNV switch :P

TUN was advocating V!Kas over E!Kas. E!me gains no strategic value from taking out V!TUN and wasting a source of support in thread. It's possible you could speculate that I was partnered with E!Turtle, but in that world, you should be lynching in <Turtle, me> which I note you're not doing :P I'd also point out Turtle had just self-presed to go 4/3 with Archer, and even expecting Archer to show up, I could either absorb the 50% odds, or unvote from Turtle/just go side-train from the start. Tying Turtle with Archer for the sake of distancing is kinda self-inflicted wounds all over. I'd also have little reason to try to go all out to save Archer. The Archer ML was already in full swing and with Bookwyrm being fourth-voter on that train, E!me could just sit back and let the Village do the circular shooting gallery deal. Since Archer is probably the only player in this game who could challenge me for thread control, E!me'd be wise to get rid of Archer ASAP instead of trying to save him last minute by going TUN.

Extra layer - we can suppose I was trying to set Archer up for a ML when TUN flipped V, but once again, I can achieve the same by just pushing the Turtle CW if you believe Turtle is V. If you believe Turtle is E, we go back to the fact I'd've chosen to deliberately endanger my teammate to try to ML Archer which is several flavours of kasyana when Archer was gonna die anyway. Why set up the ML for next cycle if I can get it C1?

YMMV though, maybe I'm more of an Evil mastermind than I knew ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm not confident in JNV either, but I don't trust myself fully on Silho - eh, I've laid my position out already in the previous post. But I have half an hour to try to get this right and make up my mind.

Ahhh

Choices are hard

No one should have to make choices right after waking up >.<

Ahhhh Shining

• Shining Silhouette (4): JNV, The Bookwyrm, Turtle, xinoehp512

5 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Worthwhile looping in @The Wandering Wizard at this point because his issue with JNV does sound like a quasi-CC but I suspect it's a lurker Elim profile type argument, really. And I can sorta see it, given the Xino kill attempt. Maybe. IDK. On the other hand, you kill low profile when you're noisy, don't you?

17 minutes ago, Ashbringer said:

I don't really have a preferrence. Mostly for me when choosing someone to kill. It wouldn't be someone I can confidently ML. A general rule I would use is if I can get the village to eat itself, then I would mostly sit back and let it happen. Currently entertaining the possibility of a Ash/JNV team, not 100% certain. But the first thing Ash did was defend JNV when he got back in the thread. Not saying that is totally condeming, but it's something that I am going to look deeper into next cycle.

Eh, 13 minutes left.

It's more Bookwyrm has been checking in without saying things (hi Bookwyrm! I see you) while JNV is very inactive. I forget if they came back for EoD but I don't think they did. And Lurker!Dingo definitely checked the thread a decent amount just because I wanted to see what was happening. That's not what's going on here, unless they're signed out and watching but I don't think many people do that anymore. Also AG8 was a lot bigger than this game, and one vote means a lot more. Especially when things can explode when maniacs run around with knives...

I'm not opposed to exeing JNV, but Bookwyrm is more interesting to me.

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

Currently entertaining the possibility of a Ash/JNV team, not 100% certain. But the first thing Ash did was defend JNV when he got back in the thread.

I'm struggling to see an Ash team. E!Ash with a knife (no one has contested this knife claim!) seems to suggest a three man team, and that needs...more protects than we've seen so far, and also suggests we're at lylo. (Seems a bit harsh if Ash's kill fails and the team is down to a solo member. I guess it's not impossible since Ash could always decide not to use the knife in this world, but the secondary thing is that Ash could defensibly just not intervene or lynch Archer - his stance was ties were bad, after all. He lynches Archer and stabs me, and we have a very interesting C2, especially if you believe I'm V. He doesn't ever have to declare the knife stab, so all we know is that an Elim killed me, and it isn't as though the Archer ML would've been that indefensible either.)

I am not very sure this would make sense for E!Ash, basically.

It's more Bookwyrm has been checking in without saying things (hi Bookwyrm! I see you) while JNV is very inactive

Fair. I don't recall if Bookwyrm was around at EoD - your C1 message suggested Bookwyrm wasn't. At the same time, I'm just really not fond of their non-response to a post that I'd personally read as JNV-bait. Maybe that should be more Village-JNV indicative, but I'm sort of at the point where I feel I have tunnelled too hard on Shining in LG90 to feel good about pushing him again today. I just don't trust myself anymore.

If he's Evil, great, much thanks to Xino, y'all can lynch me if you want to, but this is not a train I feel I can confidently or comfortably pursue without feeling as though I have it out for the player, personally, on matters of playstyle so that's sort of where I'm at, and I think that's contaminating my Shining reads, explaining why I have been zigzagging between V!Silho and E!Silho all cycle.

2 minutes ago, Turtle said:

i hate quiet eods :(

And you were so distraught when we were running to pile on TUN! 

To everyone:

On the chance that I do get NKed and not Xino (not impossible, who knows ) - you need to make an assessment. If it is lylo next cycle (check the numbers!), y'all should consider mass-claiming. There is no point in keeping roles hidden at lylo since we'd be screwed anyway, and knowing the distro may help to make certain assessments more plausible than others. Elims may fakeclaim of course, so don't just run off the claim but assess plausibility.

But it kinda hurt watching Villages just not do that out of some misguided sense of opsec when I was dead in AG8 and LG90 so I just want to stress here that this option should very much be on the table, even if I'm not around to advocate for it anymore.

2 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

And you were so distraught when we were running to pile on TUN! 

eh youre not wrong, there’s just this suspense that I hate

are we seriously at lylo? I have a single thing of fenweed sap

edit: ohhhh the viewing thing must be weird, then.

Edited by Turtle

Cycle Three: Silver Linings

Vinnie stayed with the crew the following night. He would not have a repeat disaster, not so soon. Silas had been right-- this was the Forests of Hell. Hoping to make it through completely unscathed had been a foolhardy wish, and he should have known better. These people knew what they'd signed up for, and so had he. But he could afford to keep his expectations somewhat optimistic. Accepting defeat only would bring it sooner.

At the present moment, they sat around a ring of stones, which was obviously bare. He wasn't sure why they'd bothered to set up the ring, all it did was make Vinnie wish for the warmth of a fire more, but if it amused the crew, so be it. He needed spirits as high as possible the next few days. He wasn't sure who had done it, but it didn't really matter.

They spent the night in murmured conversation, but one by one each member of the crew adjourned to their sleeping pads. Vinnie told himself he would keep watch throughout the entire night, if that was what it took to assure safety. He sat back, assuming to be alone, but Silas Keen still sat across the stones.

"You can sleep, you know," Keen said.

"I could say the same for you. I'm fine." Vinnie let out a breath. "I've done this before."

Keen barked a laugh. "You think I haven't?" Vinnie didn't respond, and the silence stretched uncomfortably long. Finally, Keen stood. "I suppose I could use a rest." He bent down to pick up one of the stones. "Wonder why this was set up."

He grabbed the stone, then immediately dropped it, recoiling his hand and cursing softly. Vinnie was up as quick as he could manage, and a chill ran through his spine. Silas's hand was bleeding.

"SILVER!" he yelled, rousing the rest of the crew. "GET YOUR SILVER!"

Shades appeared on the peripherals of the camp, angry red eyes that would haunt any sane man. But Vinnie had been quick enough, and they had enough silver, that miraculously, no one was harmed.

After the danger had passed, Vinnie turned to Keen. "What happened?"

"Spines on the underside of the stone," Keen said. "Blasted luck."

Vinnie furrowed his brow, and kicked over another stone. Gleaming spines, only a centimeter long but obviously intentional, stuck out of the bottom. Another chill ran down his spine. "No," he said. "This was intentional. Someone here has a death wish. For themselves, and all of us."

The rest of the crew lingered, watching the discovery. Vinnie raised his voice. "Does anyone know who set up this firepit ring?"

For a moment, nobody spoke. But then, Jal nodded towards Jo. A few nods of agreement followed the accusation, and the next day when they continued on their journey, they left Jo behind to go cry to his mama. But that didn't stop Vinnie from wondering if they'd made a big mistake.

Shining Silhouette was executed! He was a Crewmember with Fenweed Sap!

Kasimir was attacked, but survived!

Vote Count:

• Shining Silhouette (4): JNV, The Bookwyrm, Turtle, xinoehp512

Cycle Three has begun, and will end in about 24 hours on Thursday, November 10th, at 10am PST.

A few things to remember:

• You may create a single 1-on-1 PM this turn. It must include both myself and Devo.
  • There will be an execution this turn, with no vote minimum. Tied votes will be RNG'd.
  • One action is allotted per turn, to those with the ability to take one.
  • Failure to post will result in a 40% chance of death.
  • Failure to vote will also result in a 40% chance of death.
  • If a Shade is executed today, Violation will take effect.
  • Refer to the rules doc for any further questions, or let myself or Devo know.

Player List:

Spoiler
  1. @The Wandering Wizard - Jeffrey Jeffrey
  2. Archer - Gale - Crewmember
  3. @Kasimir - Silas Keen
  4. @Turtle - Old Ben
  5. The Unknown Novel - Mat Rims - Crewmember
  6. @The Bookwyrm - Wylir
  7. @Ashbringer - Not Sure Who
  8. @JNV - Jal
  9. Shining Silhouette - Jo - CrewmemberFenweed Sap
  10. @xinoehp512 - Onyx

Edited by Matrim's Dice

so is the distro we’re looking at something like

2 fenweed sap (1 flip 1 claim)

3 crew members (2 flips one claim)

1 used knife (claim)

1 tent

3 unknowns 

right?

also not the elims nk getting protected both times,  thank you xino :P

Sorry I didn't respond to you last round Kas. I meant to but, didn't get to it. I think that Ash is likely village but my brain didn't want to let go of the possibility of a Ash, JNV team.

This seems to point to two possibilites. One likely probability and one improbability. (Future Wizard: There is one more possibility)

The probably thing that this points to is a lower active/new player elim team, since most people would have gone for and killed Xino since he was probably unprotected.

The less likely thing is that the elim team is trying to WBG Kas and Xino. I admit this one is a bit more of a stretch, as Xino could just be blocking the NK perfectly. Which is nice, since we probably have two more cycles, unless someone else has a knife, stabs a villager, and gets killed by the backlash.

The improbability is that Kas and Xino are both evil and pulling off a WGG, scratch that. It's highly improbable, like it's more likely tomorrow is going to be the first of octember kind of improbable.