Channelknight Fadran

34 minutes ago, Ookla the Reborn said:

Okay, am I crazy? I swear there was a PM or something where we talked about stuff, but I can't find it for the life of me. (Beyond the Archiplelago Worldbuilding Ideas document; I checked the comments and there are some conversations I remember having that just aren't there.)

Oh yeah, I remember that. Found it. It's the: Collab RP Thing - Part One, near the bottom of the first page of RPs.

20 minutes ago, Ookla the Abstract said:

He caught a glimpse of a cloaked figure out of the corner of his eye.

Quest looked up at the sky, carefully scanning for anymore surprises. There didn't seem to be anything, just clear skies and a few trailing clouds.

Quest looked back at the hole. "Huh. Um.." 

Quest squatted down besides the edge and pulled a notebook out his satchel, detailing what he was seeing. 

Sudden hole appeared, about 15 feet width... Quest wrote.

This was fascinating.  

Just now, Mr. Misting said:

Quest looked up at the sky, carefully scanning for anymore surprises. There didn't seem to be anything, just clear skies and a few trailing clouds.

Quest looked back at the hole. "Huh. Um.." 

Quest squatted down besides the edge and pulled a notebook out his satchel, detailing what he was seeing. 

Sudden hole appeared, about 15 feet width... Quest wrote.

This was fascinating.  

"What's going on here?" A voice asked from directly behind him.

18 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Oh yeah, I remember that. Found it. It's the: Collab RP Thing - Part One, near the bottom of the first page of RPs.

Thank you!

I feel like there might have also been a conversation between you, me, and Calano... I feel like I remember saying when we landed on the nameless island that I knew what it was and had plans for it.

16 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako grabbed a bowl and threw it at Hyron. "Pasta. Sauce." Miyako pointed, while miming dumping copious amounts of one onto the other. "Eat. I'll tell ya, best food in every sea I've sailed so far. Better then whatever leafy dross you're raised on." 

Miyako picked up her bowl of pasta, and started shoveling it into her mouth. So, ya all got a plan for what we're gonna do, or we just going keep getting thrown 'round by the princess? She said mentally to Hyron and Yerik, trying to focus as the strange voice had taught her. 

@Ookla the Reborn @Ookla The Storyteller @Ookla the Abstract @Channelknight Fadran @The Halcyon Girl

Right, the voice replied. First of all- you aren't the first to try to escape. And not all of those who have tried before have failed. She hesitated. Well. Not entirely failed, at least.

Yerik froze, mid-chew. You mean... my father?

Spoiler

Name: Havri 

Race: Stellari

Gender/Pronons/Otherapplicablethingsthatgohere: He/him

Magic: Starmagic (The sun kind), Predominantly light constructs, like shields, armor, and weapons.  Has a single skystone. 

Personality: Havri is lazy and it takes alot to make him do something. He's not the brightest tool in the shed, but is stunningly attractive. (HE'S A HIMBO) He likes punching things.

Backstory: Havri grew up on the back of a Elderwyrm, beyond that... ??

Description: He is a stunning Stellari, with almost pitch-black skin and eyes of molten gold. He is ripped beyond belief and has long flowing black hair. 

Other: Himbo

This good?

1 hour ago, Ookla the Silver said:
  Hide contents

Name: Havri 

Race: Stellari

Gender/Pronons/Otherapplicablethingsthatgohere: He/him

Magic: Starmagic (The sun kind), Predominantly light constructs, like shields, armor, and weapons.  Has a single skystone. 

Personality: Havri is lazy and it takes alot to make him do something. He's not the brightest tool in the shed, but is stunningly attractive. (HE'S A HIMBO) He likes punching things.

Backstory: Havri grew up on the back of a Elderwyrm, beyond that... ??

Description: He is a stunning Stellari, with almost pitch-black skin and eyes of molten gold. He is ripped beyond belief and has long flowing black hair. 

Other: Himbo

Looks good to me! Wanna join my group? Or another maybe?

3 hours ago, Ookla the Magician said:

They continued down the dusty road. Grace in her obnoxious pink carriage, the guards forever grumbling. Muriel, Lady Graces head guard, sits on her horse, uniform pristine and sharp. She watches over you as they travel, making sure no one escapes. Night falls, and the cavern sets up camp for the night. The exhausted guards are more then grateful for a rest after being pushed hard by their Lady all day. 

<A brief summary of what's happening if you forgot>

You were traveling from the small port village to a larger inland city called Caerlon. Whist, the middle aged retired governess, was sent there on a quest by her employer, Lord Larsik. Larsik lost his most prized possession (a stamp collection) while on a diplomatic trip to Caerlon, and Whist was tasked with finding it. On the road there, you ran into Lady Grace, who took personal offense in something and insisted on 'arresting' you and turning you into the authorities when you got to town. I believe there was an escape plan in the works, but if it's just me and infinite, then we might need to think of something else. 

Other group members (we're reviving this rp if your interested) @Quirksliver @Ookla the Lord Ruler @S. Stormy 

I was the theif girl who had the bleeding legs at the beginning. She was on the top of the flag pole and scraped them as she came down. And then she started crying and now Whist is taking care of her. Partial due to the fact that they were on a boat and also partially because she hadn't had anything to eat in a long time she hasn't been about to keep food down very well.

Fiadh leaned over to Whist and whispered, "If they're sleeping then couldn't we just run away? They aren't actually keeping us here by any physical means just by having more people thank us."

Just now, InfiniteInsanity said:

Fiadh leaned over to Whist and whispered, "If they're sleeping then couldn't we just run away? They aren't actually keeping us here by any physical means just by having more people thank us."

Whist glanced over at Muriel, who was sitting by the central fire; her eyes still hadn't left them. 

"I doubt they won't keep watches into the night."

53 minutes ago, Ookla the Magician said:

Whist glanced over at Muriel, who was sitting by the central fire; her eyes still hadn't left them. 

"I doubt they won't keep watches into the night."

"Oh."

Fiadh stared at the ground thinking.

"What if I eat something so that I can throw it up and then we convince them that I'm really really really sick and then they probably won't want to get it too so then they'll leave us alone?"

Fiadh reached into her pocket and then her eyes lit up. "What if we bribe them! I have this thing." She pulled the bracelet she had stolen before she met Whist out of her pocket. "I kind of stole it. But we could give it to them and then maybe they'll let us go!"

2 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

"Oh."

Fiadh stared at the ground thinking.

"What if I eat something so that I can throw it up and then we convince them that I'm really really really sick and then they probably won't want to get it too so then they'll leave us alone?"

Fiadh reached into her pocket and then her eyes lit up. "What if we bribe them! I have this thing." She pulled the bracelet she had stolen before she met Whist out of her pocket. "I kind of stole it. But we could give it to them and then maybe they'll let us go!"

"That might work on the guards," Whist said, thinking. 

"Our biggest problem is Muriel, I doubt she'd fall for either tricks."

Just now, Ookla the Magician said:

"That might work on the guards," Whist said, thinking. 

"Our biggest problem is Muriel, I doubt she'd fall for either tricks."

"But if we get the guards to leave us alone we can take Muriel. I still have my knives. And I know how to use them well. And the Grace lady would dare fight us. She seems too prim and proper for that."

3 hours ago, Ookla the Reborn said:

Right, the voice replied. First of all- you aren't the first to try to escape. And not all of those who have tried before have failed. She hesitated. Well. Not entirely failed, at least.

Yerik froze, mid-chew. You mean... my father?

Miyako tried to subtly look over at the chefs, to see if they had noticed Yerik's odd behavior. It was not very subtle. 

Yeah, but what exactly we trying to succeed at? Miyako said. Quieter, just to Yerik, Miyako said Oi, Acolyte. You cutting clean?

Crap, all right, time to go read through the entire thread. Got to be all caught up on lore and plot. 

4 hours ago, Ookla the Abstract said:

"What's going on here?" A voice asked from directly behind him.

Quest jumped at the voice, almost dropping his notebook over the edge. Desperately scrambling, he managed to grab it and turn around. 

"Oh, um, hello! Yeah, that was terrifying! Did you see it, hear it? I mean, I've heard stories of falling stars and all, but, well, I never thought one would drop right in the road before me. Um, have you heard of anything like this?"

43 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

"But if we get the guards to leave us alone we can take Muriel. I still have my knives. And I know how to use them well. And the Grace lady would dare fight us. She seems too prim and proper for that."

Whist eyed Muriels several sparkly military badges. "We could try . . ."

One of the near them perked up, "Would you two be quiet? Some of us are trying to sleep."

12 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako tried to subtly look over at the chefs, to see if they had noticed Yerik's odd behavior. It was not very subtle. 

Yeah, but what exactly we trying to succeed at? Miyako said. Quieter, just to Yerik, Miyako said Oi, Acolyte. You cutting clean?

Quest jumped at the voice, almost dropping his notebook over the edge. Desperately scrambling, he managed to grab it and turn around. 

"Oh, um, hello! Yeah, that was terrifying! Did you see it, hear it? I mean, I've heard stories of falling stars and all, but, well, I never thought one would drop right in the road before me. Um, have you heard of anything like this?"

The figure looked at him. "A star?" He wore a gray cloak, and he looked... very unsettling. There was no color about him. His skin was a perfect white, his hair a jet black. His eyes were also a solid, deep black, without whites or irises.

15 minutes ago, Ookla the Abstract said:

The figure looked at him. "A star?" He wore a gray cloak, and he looked... very unsettling. There was no color about him. His skin was a perfect white, his hair a jet black. His eyes were also a solid, deep black, without whites or irises.

"Well, maybe not exactly a falling star, but that's just what one hears about, um, would..." Quest trailed off, looking at the figure closer. "I, um, are you quite all right? You look a little, um...washed out?"

"Well, maybe not exactly a falling star, but that's just what one hears about, um, would..." Quest trailed off, looking at the figure closer. "I, um, are you quite all right? You look a little, um...washed out?"

"No, that's just me. Is this important?"

1 hour ago, Mr. Misting said:

I presume you want to escape with your sanity intact, yes? replied the voice grimly. Yerik stared at his pasta. Fortunately, the cooks did not seem to notice his sudden gloom. The last person to escape the island was not so lucky.

Yerik blinked at Miyako's question. What do you mean?

50 minutes ago, Ookla the Abstract said:

"No, that's just me. Is this important?"

"No, it's well, just a little curious. Um." Quest turned back to the hole, feeling rather awkward. "Well, I don't know if this is a falling star exactly, but it's certainly something." He stared into the deep hole for a second. "Oh! You don't suppose that if we both heard the meteor, than someone else would? This is bandit territory right? Do you, um, think they might come try to find what caused the sound. 

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Silver said:

However you want. We're just starting the falling star thread if you want to join that. 

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Reborn said:

I presume you want to escape with your sanity intact, yes? replied the voice grimly. Yerik stared at his pasta. Fortunately, the cooks did not seem to notice his sudden gloom. The last person to escape the island was not so lucky.

Yerik blinked at Miyako's question. What do you mean?

Miyako snorted. That's super vague Voice. What happened to them, tell it straight?

You feeling all good Acolyte? Miyako clarified to Yerik. You're looking good and sunk

"No, it's well, just a little curious. Um." Quest turned back to the hole, feeling rather awkward. "Well, I don't know if this is a falling star exactly, but it's certainly something." He stared into the deep hole for a second. "Oh! You don't suppose that if we both heard the meteor, than someone else would? This is bandit territory right? Do you, um, think they might come try to find what caused the sound.

"How do you know I'm not one?"

1 minute ago, Ookla the Abstract said:

"No." He frowned at the light. "Think that's dangerous?"

"Well, probably." Quest looked away from the washed out man. It was best not to make assumptions about people. 

"But I would imagine that anything that fell from the sky would be, valuable, or rare, or...something. What could carve a hole into the earth like this? Isn't that fascinating?" 

1 minute ago, Mr. Misting said:

"Well, probably." Quest looked away from the washed out man. It was best not to make assumptions about people. 

"But I would imagine that anything that fell from the sky would be, valuable, or rare, or...something. What could carve a hole into the earth like this? Isn't that fascinating?" 

"Indeed." He began to descend the pit.

What is down there?