Channelknight Fadran

7 hours ago, Justice_Magician said:

Before Whist could answer Muriel moved closer to them. 

"Come on," was all she said as she moved back to trailing the soldiers. A sharp glare told them that it would probably be best to do what she said.

Hesitantly, Whist began to follow, unsure what else to do.

7 hours ago, Justice_Magician said:

When you go inactive on the rp for a couple days and it turns into weeks

uhhh...

Lenne trailed after Whist, plotting.

18 hours ago, The Halcyon Girl said:

Nayka bit the inside of her lip. “That could feed seven thieves for years,” she whispered to Whist. “Or one of them for seven years.”

"Or grant them seven years in prison for trying to steal from the richest woman on the island," Whist said. "The berries on the the bush aren't worth the thorns."

18 hours ago, Tani said:

Lenne trailed after Whist, plotting.

The company began to move again, the soldiers reforming around the carriage. Muriel once again trailed behind them all, this time with Whist and company in tow. 

9 minutes ago, Justice_Magician said:

"Or grant them seven years in prison for trying to steal from the richest woman on the island," Whist said. "The berries on the the bush aren't worth the thorns."

The company began to move again, the soldiers reforming around the carriage. Muriel once again trailed behind them all, this time with Whist and company in tow. 

Fiadh walked in silence for a little while.

"Whist? Where are we going? And can I have some food?" she whispered.

@Justice_Magician

13 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Fiadh walked in silence for a little while.

"Whist? Where are we going? And can I have some food?" she whispered.

@Justice_Magician

"It looks like we're still going to Caerlon, though we might have some trouble getting away from these people when we reach the city," Whist was trying to think of ways to slip away, but so far she didn't have any good ideas. She handed Fiadh an apple and began eating one herself. It was around lunch time by now, but Grace's company made no move to stop for the meal.

On 1/27/2023 at 1:35 PM, Justice_Magician said:

“Well, yeah, but I won’t get caught.” She paused, then hurriedly tacked on, “I mean, I wouldn’t. If I did get caught.”

I think I’m going to make her steal, and maybe she could even get caught. Thoughts?

On 1/27/2023 at 2:01 PM, Justice_Magician said:

"It looks like we're still going to Caerlon, though we might have some trouble getting away from these people when we reach the city," Whist was trying to think of ways to slip away, but so far she didn't have any good ideas. She handed Fiadh an apple and began eating one herself. It was around lunch time by now, but Grace's company made no move to stop for the meal.

“She’s mean,” Nayka decided, sort of loudly.

On 1/28/2023 at 7:46 PM, The Halcyon Girl said:

“Well, yeah, but I won’t get caught.” She paused, then hurriedly tacked on, “I mean, I wouldn’t. If I did get caught.”

“She’s mean,” Nayka decided, sort of loudly.

You said you were leaving the shard for a bit, do you want us to pause until you come back?

On 1/27/2023 at 3:01 PM, Justice_Magician said:

Fiadh slowly ate the apple. "I might be able to come up with an idea."

On 1/25/2023 at 11:17 AM, Channelknight Fadran said:

On 1/25/2023 at 7:49 PM, The Halcyon Girl said:

She smiled. “Me too. It will, though. Probably.”

Ok, how do you want to do this? Roll a dice to decide the outcome, just heal the legs? Heal the legs with a downside, some other option I don't care enough to think of? It's your character Haly, you may choose what happens.

On 1/27/2023 at 3:18 PM, xinoehp512 said:

Yerik also turned to look at Miyako expectantly.

@Mr. Misting

On 1/25/2023 at 10:27 AM, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron frowned.

Damn.

She turned to Miyako.

"What d'you wanna do?" She asked through her apple.

@Mr. Misting

Miyako bit into an apple, shrugging. "I dunno. Probably gonna go wait while I comb my hair or clean my sword or something." Miyako said as she began drift towards the door.

5 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

*Has plan*

Quest began to draw into his life energy, letting the aether's magic bleed into his and empowering his spell. He gave Kealie a hesitant grin before beginning to, well attempting to, to heal her leg.

Quest let his magic slid into Kealie's leg and began to feel around the broken bone. What was so hard about this compared to normal healing is that he had to do this manually. Quest's magic prompted Kealie's body to began to knit the bone back to together, and the he took control. Carefully infusing the bone with the aether's power Quest guided each layer of the bone to fuse back together.

Quest tapped further into the aether stone, as he pulled together the last layer of bone. Hopefully he had healed it cleanly. If he had left cracks or built the structure of the bone incorrectly then it would be much more likely to break in the future, maybe even shatter.

The staff tumbled from his fingers as Quest sat back, wiping a faint sheen of sweat from his forehead. "I, um, sorry Kealie. I hear that is supposed to hurt. Hope I healed it back ok." 

@The Halcyon Girl

Edited by Mr. Misting

14 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako bit into an apple, shrugging. "I dunno. Probably gonna go wait while I comb my hair or clean my sword or something." Miyako said as she began drift towards the door.

Or we could keep kissing.. A thought in Hyron's mind said. Hyron swatted the thought away.

Hyron nodded, taking a final bite of the apple, then gently pressing the core into her wrist pouch, where it rapidly composted, creating fertile soil. That would be a benefit.

Hey, voice. Any updates on us getting the hell out of here?

@xinoehp512

16 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

Yerik sighed.

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Or we could keep kissing.. A thought in Hyron's mind said. Hyron swatted the thought away.

Hyron nodded, taking a final bite of the apple, then gently pressing the core into her wrist pouch, where it rapidly composted, creating fertile soil. That would be a benefit.

Hey, voice. Any updates on us getting the hell out of here?

@xinoehp512

Not at the moment. We need to wait for the right time. The voice paused. If you're dying for something to do, I can teach you how to speak to each other like this, so I don't have to play messenger all the time.

8 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

Quest began to draw into his life energy, letting the aether's magic bleed into his and empowering his spell. He gave Kealie a hesitant grin before beginning to, well attempting to, to heal her leg.

Quest let his magic slid into Kealie's leg and began to feel around the broken bone. What was so hard about this compared to normal healing is that he had to do this manually. Quest's magic prompted Kealie's body to began to knit the bone back to together, and the he took control. Carefully infusing the bone with the aether's power Quest guided each layer of the bone to fuse back together.

Quest tapped further into the aether stone, as he pulled together the last layer of bone. Hopefully he had healed it cleanly. If he had left cracks or built the structure of the bone incorrectly then it would be much more likely to break in the future, maybe even shatter.

The staff tumbled from his fingers as Quest sat back, wiping a faint sheen of sweat from his forehead. "I, um, sorry Kealie. I hear that is supposed to hurt. Hope I healed it back ok." 

@The Halcyon Girl

"I think it worked!"

8 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Yerik sighed.

Not at the moment. We need to wait for the right time. The voice paused. If you're dying for something to do, I can teach you how to speak to each other like this, so I don't have to play messenger all the time.

Hyron's eyes widened. Oh, stalks yes. Please.

Edited by CalanoCorvus

19 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron's eyes widened. Oh, stalks yes. Please.

It's fairly simple, the voice explained. Picture the person you want to speak to in your mind, and say their name. Focus your power around the name, using it as a key to form a connection.

13 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

It's fairly simple, the voice explained. Picture the person you want to speak to in your mind, and say their name. Focus your power around the name, using it as a key to form a connection.

Hyron's heart rate spiked. Do I have to say their name verbally, or can I make the connection by saying it mentally? I'd like not to give away the one thing keeping us as ourselves.

5 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron's heart rate spiked. Do I have to say their name verbally, or can I make the connection by saying it mentally? I'd like not to give away the one thing keeping us as ourselves.

Theoretically possible, but as a novice Namer it would be much easier to say it aloud. But don't worry, the walls don't literally have ears.

6 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Theoretically possible, but as a novice Namer it would be much easier to say it aloud. But don't worry, the walls don't literally have ears.

Hyron looked around. Yeah... but the chefs do. And the walls could totally be listening, how would you know?

1 hour ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron looked around. Yeah... but the chefs do. And the walls could totally be listening, how would you know?

The voice transmitted the mental equivalent of an exasperated sigh. Fine. Don't say it aloud. I'm still not acting as an intermediary if you fail.

10 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

The voice transmitted the mental equivalent of an exasperated sigh. Fine. Don't say it aloud. I'm still not acting as an intermediary if you fail.

Hyron smirked.

She thought of Miyako, her face, her form... okay, just her face.

She thought of Miyako's face clearly. Then Hyron said Miyako's name in her mind, somehow attempting to Connect with her.

Miyako.

@Mr. Misting (in case it works)

On 2/4/2023 at 4:30 PM, Channelknight Fadran said:

"I think it worked!"

Quest dropped onto the ground, lying on his back while breathing heavily. He pumped a fist in the air while giving an halfhearted cheer.

13 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

2 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron smirked.

She thought of Miyako's face clearly. Then Hyron said Miyako's name in her mind, somehow attempting to Connect with her.

Miyako.

Miyako, who was totally oblivious to the prior conversation, paused at the doorway. She spun around, and squinted at Hyron.

Hyron?!

4 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

Hyron smirked.

Miyako.

1 hour ago, Mr. Misting said:

Quest dropped onto the ground, lying on his back while breathing heavily. He pumped a fist in the air while giving an halfhearted cheer.

Miyako, who was totally oblivious to the prior conversation, paused at the doorway. She spun around, and squinted at Hyron.

Hyron?!

At the beginning, it would be loud. Like they're shouting into each other's minds.

Hyron?!

Hyron grinned at Miyako, waving.

Oh, good. It worked! Geez, you're loud though.

Hyron?!

MIYAKO? Yerik's voice echoed.

Sounds like you're getting it, said the voice, satisfied.

@Mr. Misting