Channelknight Fadran

2 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"It's fine. I'll go. I don't care if I die."

@Mr. Misting

"But.." Quest stood there, perfectly still as he tried to deal with the news. "It can't happen again." Quest muttered. "Antin...you can't just go."

The witch clapped her hands. "Well, if that's over you can follow me back into my house." The witch glanced disdainfully at Quest. "If you can retrieve the aether crystal from your friends then I would be more likely to let your friend go easier."

2 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Well, have you wondered yet why the Queen has not taken over the world?

2 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

No, not really, because I've been trying to get back to the world.

Miyako shrugged. Assumed her power was localized to the islands 

37 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

"But.." Quest stood there, perfectly still as he tried to deal with the news. "It can't happen again." Quest muttered. "Antin...you can't just go."

The witch clapped her hands. "Well, if that's over you can follow me back into my house." The witch glanced disdainfully at Quest. "If you can retrieve the aether crystal from your friends then I would be more likely to let your friend go easier."

Antin smiled sadly. "Thanks for being a good friend. But I'd rather you be safe." He gave Quest a quick hug, then slowly and painfully made his way to the witch.

When he was about halfway there, he turned around and looked at Quest confusedly. "'Again?'"

@Mr. Misting

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist
Added something

3 hours ago, CalanoCorvus said:

No, not really, because I've been trying to get back to the world.

48 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Miyako shrugged. Assumed her power was localized to the islands 

Her power is indeed localized, answered the voice, broadcasting to all of them now. Namers cannot exercise their power outside of the island, which is rather unusual. The reason for that is what you saw in the cavern; the aether crystal that powers Naming is broken. If things had gone as they normally do, it would have vanished as soon as Naming was created. But it did not.

2 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Her power is indeed localized, answered the voice, broadcasting to all of them now. Namers cannot exercise their power outside of the island, which is rather unusual. The reason for that is what you saw in the cavern; the aether crystal that powers Naming is broken. If things had gone as they normally do, it would have vanished as soon as Naming was created. But it did not.

Can it be fixed? That would let her go Name all over the place right?

3 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Antin smiled sadly. "Thanks for being a good friend. But I'd rather you be safe." He gave Quest a quick hug, then slowly and painfully made his way to the witch.

When he was about halfway there, he turned around and looked at Quest confusedly. "'Again?'"

@Mr. Misting

Quest sank to his knees and looked up at Antin. "You don't have to go. I can find a way out." Quest said with little hope.

6 hours ago, Channelknight Fadran said:

…so what’s Monseiur Wanderer helping us with?

Helping Anikel with things about his homeland. Since Annimus can't go back anymore and he is better tolerated with a person, usually.

Plus Annimus knows what it is like and eventually sympathized with him.

@xinoehp512 @Channelknight Fadran

Edited by The Wandering Wizard

12 hours ago, Random Bystander said:

It took a moment for Jayne to realize this new individual was talking to her. "Oh. I'm Jayne." She said.

Kealie smiled, shoving her thoughts into a trunk in the back of her mind. “I’m Kealie of the Kukonandai. Nice to meet you, Jayne.”

15 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

I don't know. But she's had fifty years and hasn't done anything about it, so... it doesn't seem like that's an immediate threat.

Huh. Who are you? Don't give me any prisoner fluff, I want actual facts.

15 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Antin stumbled up to the front door. "Goodbye, Quest. See you soon, I hope."

Quest waved weakly. 

The witch impatiently gestured for Antin to enter the house. She stood inside the main foyer, keeping a healthy distance between him.

Just now, Mr. Misting said:

Quest waved weakly. 

The witch impatiently gestured for Antin to enter the house. She stood inside the main foyer, keeping a healthy distance between him.

Antin followed, feeling very guilty. "So... what are we going to do, exactly?"

2 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

"You are you going to stand in the middle of the room and I will be right back. You are being monitored so don't try anything."

"Got it." He did so, not wanting to endanger Quest by trying to escape, at least so early.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Got it." He did so, not wanting to endanger Quest by trying to escape, at least so early.

"Lovely." The witch hurried down the hall, entering one of the side rooms.

Would you like to attempt anything while she is gone?

What I assumed, I just wanted to make sure.

The witch promptly returned with a bottle of some sort of green-blue concoction. She placed it on the floor five feet away from Antin and then walked back ten feet into the hall.

Pointing at the vial she spoke. "Drink that."

The witch promptly returned with a bottle of some sort of green-blue concoction. She placed it on the floor five feet away from Antin and then walked back ten feet into the hall.

Pointing at the vial she spoke. "Drink that."

He raised his eyebrows. "What is it?"

1 minute ago, Mr. Misting said:

The witch raised her eyebrow. "For me to know and you to drink. It does taste awful but its the best I could do on short notice." She shrugged.

"Fine." Antin took it and drank, making an effort not to gag. Let's hope that wasn't poison.

By the way if the substance itself was magical Antin's skin would become paler and all that, and whatever the intended effect is might not work.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

"Fine." Antin took it and drank, making an effort not to gag. Let's hope that wasn't poison.

The witch clapped her hands and smiled. "You should immediately began to feel lightheaded. In about, what was it? Twenty seconds?" She waved a hand dismissively. "Regardless, very soon you will be unconscious."

And now we can do a timeskip, if you still want to. Quest will began travel in the direction of the town.

@Channelknight Fadran @The Halcyon Girl @Random Bystander

The witch clapped her hands and smiled. "You should immediately began to feel lightheaded. In about, what was it? Twenty seconds?" She waved a hand dismissively. "Regardless, very soon you will be unconscious."

@Channelknight Fadran @The Halcyon Girl @Random Bystander

See above edit.

"Oh." Antin chuckled softly. "So it was poison. Just not the deadly kind." He slumped to the ground, and his vision began to go dark.

"Oh." Antin chuckled softly. "So it was poison. Just not the deadly kind." He slumped to the ground, and his vision began to go dark.

The witch accounted for that and grabbed a potion that was purely alchemical in nature.

The witch watched as Antin slumped to the ground. Absently she muttered to herself. "I wonder if I still have some chains in the basement..."