Oldest Child Club

Ranryu

On 2/22/2023 at 11:12 PM, Ranryu said:

I feel that. My siblings never had to deal with spanking, time-out corners, and other things like that, but they get to do everything I've just earned the privilege of doing YEARS IN ADVANCE just because it would be 'unfair' to let me do those things. Don't get me wrong, I love my sibs to death, but my dorkish sense of injustice gets so fired up about these things. I wasn't allowed to read the last two harry potter books or anything YA until I was twelve, and my 11 year old sister is actually being pushed to read the entire stormlight series (she just finished the harry potter series) 

This is literally the story of my life. I also wasn’t allowed to read the last Harry Potter book until I was twelve (though I had been allowed to read YA), and I wasn’t allowed to watch the movies until I finished the book. My little brother (five) just got to watch all the movies. Even a slightly edited version of the Deathly Hallows. Sooo… yeah I’m not frustrated about that nope not at all

Also, whenever I get to do something they don’t, they get mad and say it’s not fair. I HAD TO WAIT TO BE ALLOWED TO DO STUFF, AND Y’ALL MIGHT GET TO AT HALF MY AGE

Edited by TheAlpha929

20 hours ago, TheAlpha929 said:

This is literally the story of my life. I also wasn’t allowed to read the last Harry Potter book until I was twelve (though I had been allowed to read YA), and I wasn’t allowed to watch the movies until I finished the book. My little brother (five) just got to watch all the movies. Even a slightly edited version of the Deathly Hallows. Sooo… yeah I’m not frustrated about that nope not at all

Also, whenever I get to do something they don’t, they get mad and say it’s not fair. I HAD TO WAIT TO BE ALLOWED TO DO STUFF, AND Y’ALL MIGHT GET TO AT HALF MY AGE

I remember that phase…. The small children stopped complaining once I hit 16(ish), but idk if that was because i was attending college at that point t or because they all had their own events. 

But yeah it’s really annoying. 

On 3/2/2023 at 8:13 PM, Lord Gregorio said:

Other middle child high fives fellow middle child at success of snakeing in.

*observes and acknowledges presence of middle children*

• 2 weeks later...

Here is what just happened to me (bruh):

My siblings and i went downstairs for a brunch break from homework. I went to the fridge and got the leftover gnocchi from last night, and heated it up in the microwave. then I set it down on the table (right next to the fridge) and turned to the fridge to find the grated parmesan. when i turned back, my 10 year old sister had scooped a generous amount of pasta from my tupperware and was now picking out all of the mushrooms from hers and putting them back into mine. now, i don't mind mushrooms, but i was a little pissed. there had been about one serving in the container to start, and that had now been diminished, and i was very hungry and had been looking forward to wholly nourishing myself. i picked up the tupperwear so she couldn't take any more.

anyway queue an explosion of screaming at me by little sis and also my little brother (???) about how she needed more and how she hadn't had any last night (she was literally at our cousins house having dinner there) and how i was being awful and selfish. they were making a huge racket, as was i in protest, and our cries reached my mother who was very concerned at our yelling (they were going i n s a n e). i started wolfing down the pasta cause i knew i was probably going to be made to give it over (i can never win an argument with my siblings in front of my mom. i'd hurt my voice.) and sure enough my brother ran to my mom and started screaming about how i was being selfish and not sharing (there was one o n e serving left oh my god it's not like we didn't have other food??? mom went to the gorcery store yesterday the fridge is fully stocked you guys can eat literally anything we own i just got the leftovers first. my fricking god). my sister kept running at me with a big spoon to try to scoop more gnocchi out of my container, and she kept poking me with it, and it was pretty much chaos. anyway sure enough mom made me let her take as much as she wanted and i was left with three gnocchis and some mushrooms. i consumed them quickly, shutting out the mean and upsetting comments and triumphant jeers from my siblings (epscially my brother??? like ????? you didn't even want any gnocchi! why are you treating me like this  ????) and then i ran to my room really fast and breathed heavily for a couple minutes.

tbh i don't think i conveyed the upsetting-ness of the situation via writing. it was much more upsetting than it seems.

Anyway now i am A. mildy hungry B. mildly sick feeling (sometimes when i feel like crying my stomach tenses up instead and i feel ill) and C. rather pissed

ahahah little siblings are the best amirite

Bruh

6 minutes ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

My siblings and i went downstairs for a brunch break from homework. I went to the fridge and got the leftover gnocchi from last night, and heated it up in the microwave. then I set it down on the table (right next to the fridge) and turned to the fridge to find the grated parmesan. when i turned back, my 10 year old sister had scooped a generous amount of pasta from my tupperware and was now picking out all of the mushrooms from hers and putting them back into mine. now, i don't mind mushrooms, but i was a little pissed. there had been about one serving in the container to start, and that had now been diminished, and i was very hungry and had been looking forward to wholly nourishing myself. i picked up the tupperwear so she couldn't take any more.

anyway queue an explosion of screaming at me by little sis and also my little brother (???) about how she needed more and how she hadn't had any last night (she was literally at our cousins house having dinner there) and how i was being awful and selfish. they were making a huge racket, as was i in protest, and our cries reached my mother who was very concerned at our yelling (they were going i n s a n e). i started wolfing down the pasta cause i knew i was probably going to be made to give it over (i can never win an argument with my siblings in front of my mom. i'd hurt my voice.) and sure enough my brother ran to my mom and started screaming about how i was being selfish and not sharing (there was one o n e serving left oh my god it's not like we didn't have other food??? mom went to the gorcery store yesterday the fridge is fully stocked you guys can eat literally anything we own i just got the leftovers first. my fricking god). my sister kept running at me with a big spoon to try to scoop more gnocchi out of my container, and she kept poking me with it, and it was pretty much chaos. anyway sure enough mom made me let her take as much as she wanted and i was left with three gnocchis and some mushrooms. i consumed them quickly, shutting out the mean and upsetting comments and triumphant jeers from my siblings (epscially my brother??? like ????? you didn't even want any gnocchi! why are you treating me like this  ????) and then i ran to my room really fast and breathed heavily for a couple minutes.

tbh i don't think i conveyed the upsetting-ness of the situation via writing. it was much more upsetting than it seems.

Anyway now i am A. mildy hungry B. mildly sick feeling (sometimes when i feel like crying my stomach tenses up instead and i feel ill) and C. rather pissed

Bruh

Hahaha This is so true the little ones ALWAYS win the arguments even when they have absolutely no reason to be arguing. It is so unfair. Like WHY?

4 hours ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

Bruh

RIP. This was relatably (is that even a word?) funny. 

*bruh

Edited by solarcat

51 minutes ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

Bruh

I relate to this, like a lot

53 minutes ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

Bruh

I feel this…. Mainly with smallest sibling having waaayyyy more leniency that I had. Granted, I’ve played my cards right so that my parents still treat me like I am responsible (aka having a LOT more freedom at my younger siblings ages than younger siblings have right now) and half of the time I am the gatekeeper for younger siblings entertainments, but this feeling always sucks.

It is very strange that younger siblings always want what you have… and then when they get it they treat whatever it is (privilege, item, event) like it’s commonplace. (Please younger siblings provide insight in this and call me out if I’m wrong)

2 hours ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

Bruh

The small ones always win :/ sucks a lot

Ahahah i tried to scare my siblings with the wolf's whistle from Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (absolute banger of a movie btw) and it totally backfired (voice reveal???):

Lol.m4a

I was recording cause i thought they were gonna scream a lot and it would be funny but nope LMAOO

(Basically they weren't scared at all and just started harmonizing, so i had to resort to a rickroll to justify the late night trip into the room where they were having a sleepover because of how creeped out they were by the wolf from puss in boots 2. So just normal sibling stuff. Fun facts: 1. we had never harmonized that whistle before in our life, they're just really good at coming up with on the spot harmony, and 2. That was my very sick voice's final act before completely giving out. It's gone now and my throat hurts so bad *cri*. i need to stop singing when i'm sick ;-;)

This is basically my sibling anecdote corner at this point lol

If y'all have funny sibling stories, pls share, this is fun :D

Edited by Szeth's Facepalm

1 hour ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

Ahahah i tried to scare my siblings with the wolf's whistle from Puss In Boots: The Last Wish (absolute banger of a movie btw) and it totally backfired (voice reveal???):

Lol.m4a

I was recording cause i thought they were gonna scream a lot and it would be funny but nope LMAOO

(Basically they weren't scared at all and just started harmonizing, so i had to resort to a rickroll to justify the late night trip into the room where they were having a sleepover because of how creeped out they were by the wolf from puss in boots 2. So just normal sibling stuff. Fun facts: 1. we had never harmonized that whistle before in our life, they're just really good at coming up with on the spot harmony, and 2. That was my very sick voice's final act before completely giving out. It's gone now and my throat hurts so bad *cri*. i need to stop singing when i'm sick ;-;)

Why were those like… such beautiful harmonies?? Also, HEYYYY YOU RICK ROLLED US TOO!! 

the “stop it I need to get some sleep” and “get OUTT” in the background were comedy gold. :P Little siblings amiright?
I hope your throat gets better:(

Woah i totally forgot posting that ;-;

i need to do, like, a taravangian test post 10 every night to figure out if i'm sane enough that night to put something out on the shard cause that was so random also i just voice revealed myself lmaooo ;-; stuff not to do when you are not at peak sanity ;-;

7 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

Why were those like… such beautiful harmonies?? Also, HEYYYY YOU RICK ROLLED US TOO!! 

the “stop it I need to get some sleep” and “get OUTT” in the background were comedy gold. :P Little siblings amiright?
I hope your throat gets better:(

Thx!!!! I'm sorry, it didn't occur to me that i was rickrolling y'all as well :ph34r::ph34r: but if it wasn't on purpose, it doesn't count, right? and yeah i hope it gets better too, i wanna belt and memorize all the mean girls (the musical) songs. Thanks for the well wishes!! :DDDD

9 hours ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

Lol.m4a

I am VERY tempted to mess around with this track and see what I can do…

Also you can keep a pitch!! Your singing voice is pretty good. I wish my siblings would harmonize or even sing, my brothers are the kind of people where if you sing along to ANY music, even theirs, they get annoyed and just yell “sToP!”

2 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

I am VERY tempted to mess around with this track and see what I can do…

Also you can keep a pitch!! Your singing voice is pretty good. I wish my siblings would harmonize or even sing, my brothers are the kind of people where if you sing along to ANY music, even theirs, they get annoyed and just yell “sToP!”

You can, as long as you don't spread it around... my siblings would probably be really mad if they knew i shared that lmao. And thanks!! I'm usually a lot better, i'm just pretty sick rn lol (as mentioned). My siblings and i are actually gonna record an album soon (just of covers, we don't have original songs yet).

2 hours ago, Szeth's Facepalm said:

You can, as long as you don't spread it around... my siblings would probably be really mad if they knew i shared that lmao. And thanks!! I'm usually a lot better, i'm just pretty sick rn lol (as mentioned). My siblings and i are actually gonna record an album soon (just of covers, we don't have original songs yet).

That’s gonna be sooo much fun!! I’m jealous. 

Anyway I’ll pay the sibling story tax. One time, my dad and my brothers were coming home from camping, and I noticed that as we were unloading stuff, I would arrive at the car around the same time my littlest brother left. So I purposefully pick something light to carry so I can run there and run back in order to scare my brother. I did not know it at the time, but he was trying to sneak some candy during unloading right as I was carrying out my plan. I stealthily go up to the side of the car, then as he rounds the corner, I jump out and yell with the intent of scaring him…. It worked MUCH BETTER than anticipated! He thought he had been caught, and couple that with the fact someone twice his size just jumped out at him, and this cumulated in him yelling and throwing the package of candy across the lawn and then freezing like a deer in shock for a solid 10 seconds. It was a good day. 

Next persons turn to share a story!!

Edited by Cash67

My brothers were apparently going through my books yesterday while I was at tennis practice and now I'm annoyed. I think one of them may have taken a copy of Mistborn HoA since it's missing. I tried to ask my second to oldest brother (13) if he'd seen one of them take it, but he said "No. Deal with it geek." My bookshelf is also completely disorganized -_-

1 hour ago, Cone Slice said:

My brothers were apparently going through my books yesterday while I was at tennis practice and now I'm annoyed. I think one of them may have taken a copy of Mistborn HoA since it's missing. I tried to ask my second to oldest brother (13) if he'd seen one of them take it, but he said "No. Deal with it geek." My bookshelf is also completely disorganized -_-

BROOOO THAT IS SO UNCOOL!!

*throws Rhythm of War to Cone Slice*

This will solve all your problems!

2 hours ago, Cone Slice said:

Deal with it geek?!?!?! what a jerk

Edited by Wayne's Unlucky Hat

3 hours ago, Cone Slice said:

"Deal with it geek"

wow. It is at that point you realize that (spoilered for size)

Spoiler

300px-Peace_Was_Never_an_Option.jpg.c355c04700acfe86d585f4c5561f1da5.jpg

4 hours ago, Cone Slice said:

Kill them

JK JK JK JK JK

If my siblings did that i don't know what i would do but i would not be able to contain my anger. I greatly admire your mature response/reaction and aspire to be like you.

Edited by Szeth's Facepalm

6 hours ago, Cone Slice said:

Yeah a no would have been sufficient. My general response is “No, I don’t keep track of those things”. He could have been more helpful, but siblings (myself included) are either really helpful or the complete opposite of helpful and it’s honestly a dice throw. 

18 minutes ago, Monk of Dakhor said:

This thread is really weird to read as the youngest of nine, ngl

xD. I'm honestly pretty old too for my family since I'm 17 and the youngest is 0 and the second to oldest is 13, so my case is somewhat special. Oh and the only sister I have is the 0-year-old. 

Edit: ahhh yest RoW. I just finished that after a couple months of reading. Maybe I'll read some Warbreaker instead? 

On 3/27/2023 at 6:33 PM, Telrao said:

BROOOO THAT IS SO UNCOOL!!

*throws Rhythm of War to Cone Slice*

This will solve all your problems!

Edited by Cone Slice